Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination (12158 Views)

Republican Vs Democratic! Who Wins? / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention / ECOWAS Suspends Mali & Demands Restoration Of Democratic Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Mamajama(m): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2008
WASHINGTON - Barack Obama effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination Tuesday after a grueling marathon, based on an Associated Press tally of convention delegates, becoming the first black candidate ever to lead his party into a fall campaign for the White House.

Campaigning on an insistent call for change, Obama outlasted former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in a historic race that sparked record turnout in primary after primary, yet exposed deep racial and gender divisions within the party.

The tally was based on public declarations from delegates as well as from another 15 who have confirmed their intentions to the AP. It also included 11 delegates Obama was guaranteed as long as he gained 30 percent of the vote in South Dakota and Montana later in the day. It takes 2,118 delegates to clinch the nomination

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/ap_on_el_pr/primary_rdp

Time to start the party early shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2008
mamajama wait now!
has he already become the nominee?
Please don't raise my hopes only to dash it in fron of my TV screen tonight.
I may wound somebody
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Xiomarra: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2008
Did you not see that your boyfriend BB had started a previous thread to this effect or you just want to make some noise with your fingers and toes?

You no sabi read?
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2008
Xiomarra:

Did you not see that your boyfriend BB had started a previous thread to this effect or you just want to make some noise with your fingers and toes?

You no sabi read?

my BF
who be that?
but the info is not correct.
Clinton hasn't backed down yet
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Xiomarra: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2008
sheniqua:

my BF
who be that?

but the info is not correct.
Clinton hasn't backed down yet

You be Mamajama? grin
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2008
Barack Obama has effectively clinched the Democratic nomination, The Associated Press reported Tuesday afternoon, even as Hillary Clinton’s campaign rigorously battled reports that she would concede the race Tuesday night.

The Associated Press reported that based on public and private commitments from superdelegates, as well as the minimum amount of delegates Obama will earn in the final South Dakota and Montana primaries, Obama will have secured the Democratic race Tuesday. That was after the AP reported Clinton will concede later in the day that Obama has enough delegates to stake claim to the party’s presidential nomination.

The Clinton campaign issued an immediate denial to the latter story, though it left the door open for what would happen come Wednesday morning.

“The AP story is incorrect. Senator Clinton will not concede the nomination this evening,” the campaign said in a statement.

Clinton aides told FOX News that the only concession she will make Tuesday night is that Obama “has a slight lead in the delegate count.”

They said Clinton plans to claim she has won the popular vote, and is working up a victory-type speech for her address in New York City.

“She is in this race until we have a nominee. We do not expect there to be one tonight,” Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithee said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/obama-poised-for-victory-as-clinton-weighs-options/
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2008
Xiomarra:

You be Mamajama? grin

I for say
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by BigB11(m): 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2008
@jama:
I did not know that you beat me to this incredible news.
I guess, it doesn't matter; for this victory, I think Obama deserves 10 topics.

They said Clinton plans to claim she has won the popular vote, and is working up a victory-type speech for her address in New York City.

Hillary is a sick woman.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Mamajama(m): 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2008
@Xiomarra don't even start with me, if you must know, there is nothing another man can do for me but clean Shampoo my carpet.

You can stick a fork in Clinton the selfish witch she is DONE.

Now she will have all the time to smoke Bill Cigar. I wonder if she will stand by her husband with the latest allegation by Vanity Fair affairs with actress Gina Gershon
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by 4Play(m): 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2008
So BigB1 na Sheniqua boyfriend? shocked Na wao,things dey happen for this forum! shocked
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by BigB11(m): 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2008
Absolutely no comment. I am a born again Musli m!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Xiomarra: 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2008
Mamajama:

@Xiomarra don't even start with me, if you must know, there is nothing another man can do for me but clean Shampoo my carpet.

You can stick a fork in Clinton the selfish witch she is DONE.

Now she will have all the time to smoke Bill Cigar. I wonder if she will stand by her husband with the latest allegation by Vanity Fair affairs with actress Gina Gershon

Hmm!

4 Play:

So BigB1 na Sheniqua boyfriend? shocked Na wao,things dey happen for this forum! shocked

He he he he he he he he!

I think the jews have no dealings with the gentiles!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Mamajama(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2008
IBB is still alive be careful what you say to BIGB1. lol

He might run to Daddy and get permission to use Sergent Roger to eradicate you guys, lol
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by MallamMusa: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2008
Prelude to his concelebrated failure. That dude will not win 20% popular votes. I think the democrats are trying to fix the election and cede it to the republicans. yaradua will even win more votes than obama in america.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by BigB11(m): 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2008
It has been confirmed by a New York Law maker that Hillary is very open to be Barack Obama's running mate.

Again, the ceremony is about to begin! Where is LL cool J?
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Mamajama(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2008
OBAMA does not need Hillary. She will be catastrophic once she gets in the white house, she will make sure Obama does not get a second nomination.

OBAMA please listen to all your AFRICAN Brothers. Do not pick Queen drama. There are more versatile and charismatic female governor that will make a good candidate
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by dee02(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2008
Get in there!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2008
If my obama picks Hillary as running mate, na me and am grin
I don't want Hillary anywhere near him.

after all she's done
no way.
Rev wright has a better chance to be running mate than her.
all her arkansas juju and babalawo visits  no work
she even wanted someone to shoot Obama or give him otapiapia to drink
e no work
Obama I hope you're listening.
I said a capital[b] NO[/b]
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by comechop(m): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2008
He has not gotten the nomination yet pple. Check out the current news. Clinton is not giving up
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2008
just have to wait and see
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2008
comechop:

He has not gotten the nomination yet people. Check out the current news. Clinton is not giving up

no be wetin I talk?
Hillary is still hanging on
that woman!!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by SamMilla1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2008
popping champagne
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by lalaboi(m): 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2008
wetn concern una? na una country bdat?

nobodi gives a shyt about wot naija does! why should u guyz care about them

u r not black(pesin wey no know wer im com from)  you are africans!!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2008
lalaboi:

wetn concern una? na una country bdat?

nobodi gives a shyt about wot naija does! why should u guys care about them

you're not black(pesin wey no know wer im com from)  you are africans!!

Yes I'm Nigerian but also 100% American
I live, breed ,vote and work in America
so what's your own?
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Mamajama(m): 8:48pm On Jun 03, 2008
Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan publicly support Obama this morning and said the game is over.

When reputable people like him endorse a candidate you have to see the green light
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Mamajama(m): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2008
@sheniqua you need to slap your papa for giving you a name like that, lol grin grin grin
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2008
Mamajama:

Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan publicly support Obama this morning and said the game is over.

When reputable people like him endorse a candidate you have to see the green light

didn't everyone predict she would vamoose from the face of the earth about 2 months ago and she's still here.
That woman is Igbo
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2008
Mamajama:

@sheniqua you need to slap your papa for giving you a name like that, lol grin grin grin

what do you mean?
shenibabe
shenigirl
sheniluv
sheni nwa nma
shenilover
shenisco

are just the other forms
take your pick
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by lalaboi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2008
sheniqua! sori to say

u r confused!! lol
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Sisikill: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2008
All hail the power of Rhetorics.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Uche2nna(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2008
sheniqua:

didn't everyone predict she would vamoose from the face of the earth about 2 months ago and she's still here.
That woman is Igbo

The woman na one real "I dey Kampe"

I wonder what she is actually waiting for. The longer she drags on to this, the more she looks like a joke. Just this morning feelers from her camp was that she would accept Barack nomination. Within an hr, a counter statement showed up that she is not conceding defeat, at least not yet. Them swear for the woman  

In South Dakota and Montana (the last two states remaining) , Obama is leading the polls. Wetin the woman dey wait for? undecided
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by MallamMusa: 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2008
Una never hear? "HELL HATH NO FURY FOR A WOMAN SCORNED" If Hilary na man, she for don quit since but instead she go quit, she go cause more problem for democrats sotee two of them go lose the election.

Watch another drama queen giving it raw to Obama :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeGPzk8Oca8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hurricane Ida: Houma Residents Are Left Reeling As Homes Are Reduced To Rubles / UK ‘Loans’ Stolen Gold Artefact To Ghana After 150 Years / Cameroon Says Boko Haram, Separatists On Offensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.