Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination (12174 Views)

Republican Vs Democratic! Who Wins? / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention / ECOWAS Suspends Mali & Demands Restoration Of Democratic Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by RThESlyR: 1:49am On Jun 04, 2008
ima1:

right now Obama needs 4 to win. thank God finally change has come
Are u sleeping??. . .or are u using a solar powered TV? grin
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by RThESlyR: 1:53am On Jun 04, 2008
sheniqua:

You naysayers are still at it?

I am not ''nay-saying'' madam. . . . cool
If Obama doesn't do that. . . . . .
It would be very tough for him to garner the support of the Hispanics and the white working class voters.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 04, 2008
He needs four delegates, for now.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by mystikal(m): 2:04am On Jun 04, 2008
obama, officially wins democratic nomination

Congrats, the 1st african american in US history 2 achieve this

P.S. its exactly 100 yrs since slave trade was abolished in the US in 1908, its historic
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 04, 2008
Wow he wins
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Ndipe(m): 2:31am On Jun 04, 2008
Obama's nomination is history in the making!

cheesy
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 2:37am On Jun 04, 2008
listen to her ongoing speech.
The woman is a cat with 9 lives
she's still trumping her victory in the states she won.
sore loser
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 2:44am On Jun 04, 2008
®Th£ Sly®:

I am not ''nay-saying'' madam. . . . cool
If Obama doesn't do that. . . . . .
It would be very tough for him to garner the support of the Hispanics and the white working class voters.

it's been tough to get where he is right now
don't follow the propaganda.
It's not the white non working class that voted for him in Minnesota,Iowa,Kansas and many other places
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by mystikal(m): 2:57am On Jun 04, 2008
her speech was gracious
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 3:09am On Jun 04, 2008
There's nothing graceful about not conceeding and bowing out gracefully like a lady.
I think the rest of the high powered democrats now ought to speak up and force her out.
Me thinks she's lost any chance of being the VP nominee.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 3:10am On Jun 04, 2008
let me listen to my man give our victory speech jo cool
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by mystikal(m): 3:11am On Jun 04, 2008
thank u, thank u, thank u, thank u, thank u, thank u,
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 3:51am On Jun 04, 2008
what a speech!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Uche2nna(m): 4:20am On Jun 04, 2008
Obama/Hillary ticket looks very tempting and formidable. But these guys have been arguing for months and they seem to have different ideologies. Would this be lost on the voters if the party comes up with Obama/Hillary ticket, tempting as it is.

Secondly, if they end up in the white house, how would they accomodate each other. Hillary to me strikes me as someone who has a big ego and is vindictive. undecided
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 4:24am On Jun 04, 2008
the fact that she failed to concede tonight speaks volumes
she's fast losing her previously pledged delegates and I'm sure many are disgusted by her.
If she really wants to unite the party as she claims, she ought to gerrout  of the way now.
Her own campaign chairman is almost on Obama side now
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by RThESlyR: 4:31am On Jun 04, 2008
This babe is very stubborn. . . . . undecided
Now i think it would be VERY wrong if she's on the ticket!!!. . .
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by savanaha: 4:32am On Jun 04, 2008
MOst Obama support say they will not vote if she is his vice president but her supporters and the butch feminists claim it will unite the democratic party. I believe she is a witch and needs to be stop. She is evil and evil needs to be done away with.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by RThESlyR: 4:33am On Jun 04, 2008
Lets see how it goes. . .

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by mystikal(m): 4:34am On Jun 04, 2008
well i think clinton was equally gracious in her speech! she at least congratulated obama, and said she'll support a democratic candidate. she didnt really have to concede today cos apparently she still hoped she could win. like she said she needs days to make her decision.
on her repeating the votes she had, she was only trying remind the party her influence in the party. u have 2 be aware tht she is a leader as it in the party and has a large followership as well, Obama would clearly need Clinton's support to take on McCain.

Obama's followers are aware, they need Clinton's and her followers on his team, u only need to hear d applause on the grounds when Obama acknowledged Clinton's role in the camapaign
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 4:41am On Jun 04, 2008
The applause was the proper thing to do.
Mccain was also applauded when she mentioned him
didn't her supporters applaud when she mentioned Barack?

she would have been stupid not to mention his victory
the media would have dissected her.
She doesn't need to remind anybody a thing if her aim is to support the nominee as she claimed.
The race has ceased from being about her but now about the dems winning the Reps
but she doesn't get it.
The recent polls even in South Dakota show 70% of her supporters would vote for Obama.
It's now about the party
she ought to swallow that pill and go to bed
Her campaign chairman has pledhed to support him and Carville her staunch supporter has spoken that he'll write a check for Barack as soon as she bows out.
Everyone wants her to leave.
It's about time.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by savanaha: 4:43am On Jun 04, 2008
mystikal:

well i think clinton was equally gracious in her speech! she at least congratulated obama, and said she'll support a democratic candidate. she didnt really have to concede today because apparently she still hoped she could win. like she said she needs days to make her decision.
on her repeating the votes she had, she was only trying remind the party her influence in the party. u have 2 be aware that she is a leader as it in the party and has a large followership as well, Obama would clearly need Clinton's support to take on McCain.

Obama's followers are aware, they need Clinton's and her followers on his team, u only need to hear d applause on the grounds when Obama acknowledged Clinton's role in the camapaign

The bolded parts should be at last she congratulated Obama. She is like a moving locomotive on the wrong path who just won't give in to breaks. As Americans would say "she's been known" that she would not be the democratic candidate but she kept on to incur more money which Obama will help her pay off. She also tried to conjure up assassination as an excuse to stay in the race. "Hilary the sore loser" should have been her campeign slogan.

About reminding the party on the influence, she apparently did not have as much influence as she thought seeing as she is not the presidential representative for the democratic party.

Finally I don't know which Obama supporters you know who is "aware they need Clinton" seeing as most of them loath her. She is also a first in history to be such a wench. Usually am on the side of the female but Hilary is not quiet a woman. At some point she claimed to have more faith in McCain than Obama. She should be vice President to McCain
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by mystikal(m): 4:59am On Jun 04, 2008
there was no reason for her 2 back out before now, she owed it to wt she believed it and her supporters to stay in d race to the end.

obviously she'll leave the stage now, but she needs her space 2 decide on her nx plan, whatever way u look at it, she has a big place in d party!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by sheniqua: 5:00am On Jun 04, 2008
savanaha:

. She also tried to conjure up assassination as an excuse to stay in the race. "Hilary the sore loser" should have been her campeign slogan.

About reminding the party on the influence, she apparently did not have as much influence as she thought seeing as she is not the presidential representative for the democratic party.

she did all sorts of things.Herself and her husband.
What smear tactics didn't they use
from stepping on MLK jr's grave, to calling for his assasination
who could forget the ads she had running.
basically calling him a dullard who'll be snoozing at midnight while she's working
yet it didn't work.

Everybody including herself believed this race was hers for the asking
Shame no gree her bow out gracefully.
I wish all her pledged superdelegates would jump ship tonight and all the undeclared ones declare for Obama
na that time real shame go catch am.
Make I go celebrate the victory with my oga sef lipsrsealed
today na today!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by savanaha: 5:06am On Jun 04, 2008
mystikal:

there was no reason for her 2 back out before now, she owed it to wt she believed it and her supporters to stay in d race to the end.

obviously she'll leave the stage now, but she needs her space 2 decide on her nx plan, whatever way u look at it, she has a big place in d party!

She will leave the stage as there is nothing else to do. Earlier when google posted that Obama was officially the winner, her party objected and said there were still votes to be counted. That shows even after it is evident she has lost she can't get over herself.

I hope her decision is not to finally get those assassins after Obama. She is so ruthless who nkows to what ends she will go?
People make her think she has a big place in the party. The more people realize her mode of thinking the true democrats are turned off by her. However the people that will never allow a half black man into office will rather vote McCain than Obama anyways.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 04, 2008
Thank u, thank u, thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by ima1(f): 5:31am On Jun 04, 2008
Hillary is so stubborn and a freakin bitch, thank God she didn't win cuz after playing dirty n thinking she is entitled to be president because both bush (father and son) were president, come on Obama beat her fair and square, i just don't see why she wouldn't conceede,

its so funny on CNN someone said if Obama picks clinton as his vice president he better get a food taster, i think she is plain evil and crazy, thank God i switched to Obama, clinton is such a sore loser, i think she is angry she lost to a black man. i wouldn't be surprised if she is racist inside.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by MyTempID: 6:14am On Jun 04, 2008
ima1:

Hillary is so stubborn and a freakin b[i]i[/i]tch, thank God she didn't win because after playing dirty n thinking she is entitled to be president because both bush (father and son) were president, come on Obama beat her fair and square, i just don't see why she wouldn't conceede,

its so funny on CNN someone said if Obama picks clinton as his vice president he better get a food taster, i think she is plain evil and crazy, thank God i switched to Obama, clinton is such a sore loser, i think she is angry she lost to a black man. i wouldn't be surprised if she is racist inside.
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.  One can usually tell how clean or dirty your asshole is by the kind of opinions you express.

Nothing in your statement is a fact.  You're just ranting and raving, biasedly criticizing the woman as if she stole your soul.  All the useless information you typed up there makes YOU look like the b[i]i[/i]tch.  You're not the kind of representative Obama needs.  Just another black woman playing the race card.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by ima1(f): 6:54am On Jun 04, 2008
MyTempID:

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. One can usually tell how clean or dirty your asshole is by the kind of opinions you express.

Nothing in your statement is a fact. You're just ranting and raving, biasedly criticizing the woman as if she stole your soul. All the useless information you typed up there makes YOU look like the b[i]i[/i]tch. You're not the kind of representative Obama needs. Just another black woman playing the race card.

who the f*ck played the race card, you better read and understand before you decide to write. if you read what i said before, i was always a clinton supporter b4 i switched to Obama. i am entitled to my opinion and if you don't like it get over it or shut the f*ck up, i was never speaking to you so mind your own f*ing business. and if you have been watching the entire election as close and i have then you would know that what i said is the fact. so please get your head straight before posting idiotic statements. and just like ur opinion which was never asked for you are an asshole.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by presido1: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2008
Choosing Hillary as the VP will go a long way in helping him clinch the presidential election but their will be conflict of issues when
they enter the whitehouse. Obama stood for change while Hillary questioned the change all through the campaign.
How can she work along with the change she questioned, although their is no permenant enemy in politics but then she is a woman
and Obama is black.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by MyTempID: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2008
ima1:

who the f*ck played the race card, you better read and understand before you decide to write. if you read what i said before, i was always a clinton supporter before i switched to Obama. i am entitled to my opinion and if you don't like it get over it or shut the f*ck up, i was never speaking to you so mind your own f*ing business. and if you have been watching the entire election as close and i have then you would know that what i said is the fact. so please get your head straight before posting idiotic statements. and just like your opinion which was never asked for you are an asshole.
Ehh.  I see your blood pressure is rising. For a fact you don't have to speak to me for me to respond to a thread on a public forum.  Do you understand this?

In case you're still interested in my reason for not minding my own business, it is because I am very interested in heckling you.  Did you think you can just roam about an internet forum expecting your derisive remarks to go unscathed?  You're just spreading your s[i]h[/i]it all over the place like a mad duck.  Your reply was just the kind of silly response I anticipated from a neurotic hyper-emotional junk-posting girl.  What's with this silly expletive-laced foolish response you just typed up there?  Was that your follow up?  I guess I shouldn't have expected anything short of bosh coming from you.  If anything you proved that I am right.  You have chosen to continue to hyperventilate like an asthmatic patient. I mean, don't you understand that personal insults add very little to an intelligent discourse?    I don't think Hillary Clinton is  mad she lost to a black man, I think you're mad she lost to a black man.  As I said before, until you prove you're able to present your thoughts like a normal person, you're a joke at best.  I can only continue to make a mockery of you.  Your post simply showed that you hate Hillary Clinton for being a human being.  "I think . . . I think . . . I think . . . ," I think what?  Not everyone here agrees with your stupid thoughts.  I certainly do not.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by NosaHenry(m): 8:14am On Jun 04, 2008
[color=Black]His nomination is the best thing to have happen to America. Let him go to White House and solve their problems of crimes, drugs, gayism, same sex marriage, rape, early divorce, terrorism, and of recent crashing economy. Go Obama, Go. You are our (Africa) donation to God's own country.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by MyTempID: 8:34am On Jun 04, 2008
Nosa-Henry:

[color=Black]His nomination is the best thing to have happen to America. Let him go to White House and solve their problems of crimes, drugs, gayism, same sex marriage, rape, early divorce, terrorism, and of recent crashing economy. Go Obama, Go. You are our (Africa) donation to God's own country.
Is he really your donation to America?  What's your donation to your own country in Africa?  Have you been able to find someone to initiate a plan to rid countries in Africa of the many problems which plague them?  How do you figure he's the best thing to have happened to America?  What if he turns America into a North-American version of Nigeria? He is afterall your donation to America, as you said. Sure he's the first 'African-American' presidential nominee, which hopefully goes a long way in crossing difficult racial boundaries in America.  But, that's besides the point sir.  So what has he done?  Has he fulfilled his promises?  He could turn out to be a canon of empty hopes like many other presidential candidates who speak but don't' act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

U.S Vetoes Palestinian Bid For Recognition As Full U.N Member State / Hurricane Ida: Houma Residents Are Left Reeling As Homes Are Reduced To Rubles / Cameroon Says Boko Haram, Separatists On Offensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.