Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination (12154 Views)

Republican Vs Democratic! Who Wins? / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention / ECOWAS Suspends Mali & Demands Restoration Of Democratic Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by wisemaster(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2008
Prophecies coming to pass in our own very time. We are all eyes.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by anonimi: 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2008
@TempID,

I think you should re-read my post 237 again before you make any further comments about the relationship his blackness or none has to do with his nomination.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by TmeD0(m): 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2008
JayFK:

People who vote for Obama because he is black are racist.
Obama is not black, he is bi-racial.  When will my naija pipu get that---he's equally as white as he's black.  I still don't know why so many naija folks on here are so excited about the bobo sef.  Na wa o! This guy has zip experience in foreign policy--pesin wey wan agree talk with "am-in-the-mood-4-Jihad" in Iran without any pre-conditions.  Shouldn't that concern people?  Obama scares me more than Clinton or McCain because this guy's Great Religious background is seriously being overlooked.  Yanky's sovereignty is really at stake here.  I have zero confidence in either of the two candidates.  Ron Paul as weird as the bobo be seem to be a better candidate at this point  grin Peace!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by MyTempID: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2008
anonimi:

@TempID,

I think you should re-read my post 237 again before you make any further comments about the relationship his blackness or none has to do with his nomination.
I did. Thus my reason for disagreeing with the sentence I isolated.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by MyTempID: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2008
T@meD0:

Obama is not black, he is bi-racial. When will my naija pipu get that---he's equally as white as he's black. I still don't know why so many naija folks on here are so excited about the bobo sef. This guy has zip experience in foreign policy--pesin wey wan agree talk with "am-in-the-mood-4-Jihad" in Iran withour any conditions. Shouldn't that concern people? Na wa o!
The one drop rule. Unfortunately, he is the very definition of BLACK, in America.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by LAKANYE(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2008
[/quote][quote author=T@meD0 link=topic=139338.msg2352549#msg2352549 date=1213028491]
Obama is not black, he is bi-racial.  When will my naija pipu get that---he's equally as white as he's black.  I still don't know why so many naija folks on here are so excited about the bobo sef.  Na wa o! This guy has zip experience in foreign policy--pesin wey wan agree talk with "am-in-the-mood-4-Jihad" in Iran without any pre-conditions.  Shouldn't that concern people?  Obama scares me more than Clinton or McCain because this guy's Great Religious background is seriously being overlooked.  Yanky's sovereignty is really at stake here.  I have zero confidence in either of the two candidates.  Ron Paul as weird as the bobo be seem to be a better candidate at this point  grin Peace!

if you no get better thing to say about OBAMA, make you ZIP  YOUR MOUTH.

International law say whereever your PAPA come from, na there the child or children come from. The law no say anything about Looks. Here In America BLACK BLOOD SUPERSEEDS ALL OTHER BLOODS. If you get Oyinbo woman pregnant, and you are from Nigeria, Your children even though they never see Nigeria before, them go be termed Black American from Nigerian ancesstory. AND WE DEY GET NIGERIAN PASSPORT FOR THEM.

Obama PAPA na BLACK MAN FROM AFRICA. He was an International student in the States at the time of his relationship with OBAMA MAMA, a white woman.

ANYBODY WEY GO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT OBAMA FOR THIS FORUM, NA OGUN LAKA'YE OSINMOLE, OLOMI N LE FEJE WE, OLASHONILE FIMOKIMO BORA GO DEAL WITH AM.

You dey call for THUNDER fight

BY THE WAY, WHY ARE SOME BLACK PEOPLE ALWAYS AN OBSTACLE TO THEIR OWN RACIAL PROGRESS
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by LAKANYE(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2008
, and those people wey vote for that "white witch" dem be racist too.
The witch no wan concede to defeat with the HOPE say some cracker go kill OBAMA. That no go happen. Security for OBAMA pass DUMB~BUSH' security.
Her closeness to the Presidency was being a "First Lady" in History we dey give bad blowjobs before Monica take over from her.

NA WHO ELSE WAN TAKE THIS FIGHT WITH ME OVER OBAMA
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by TmeD0(m): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2008
LAKANYE~:

if you no get better thing to say about OBAMA, make you ZIP YOUR MOUTH.

[b]international law say whereever your PAPA come from, na there the child or children come from.
The law no say anything about Looks. Here In America BLACK BLOOD SUPERSEEDS ALL OTHER BLOODS. In case your feeble mind didn't know, your remark is racist! If you get Oyinbo woman pregnant, and you are from Nigeria, Your children even though they never see Nigeria before, them go be termed Black American from Nigerian ancesstory.

ANYBODY WEY GO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT OBAMA FOR THIS FORUM, NA OGUN LAKA'YE OSINMOLE, OLOMI N LE FEJE, OLASHONILE FIMOKIMO BORA GO DEAL WITH AM.

You dey call for thunder fight [/b]

Herein lies the heart and soul of ignorance.  Firstly, I would like to know what "international law" you're talking about because the last time I checked a child born in the United Stated to an immigrant parent is a citizen of the United States by birth regardless of where the parents are from.  However, the child can claim dual nationality if either parent is from another country in this case Obama's father is.  But in order to be eligible for the candidacy of the president of the United States, you have to be a natural born citizen, not a naturalized citizen, which in this case Obama is. . .that rules him out from being an African (are you tracking cause I notice you're a little bit slow).  Secondly, he is bi-racial and incase you can't comprehend that, that means a child whose parents are from two separate races.  Since your logic asserts that the child will always be from the father's race, so if the parents' race was reversed, then according to your "international law"Obama will be considered white.  Is that not what your logic purports?  Do you now see how stupid and ill-informed you sound making those senseless remarks?  And lastly, your feeble mind has completely clouded your judgement because in no way did I say anything bad about Obama. . .I was only stating a fact, which of course is hard for you to grasp.  Peace!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by TmeD0(m): 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2008
MyTempID:

The one drop rule. Unfortunately, he is the very definition of BLACK, in America.
Yeah, unfortunately he is. Thanks to the American media for brainwashing too many people into thinking they might be getting a black president.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by JayFK(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2008
LAKANYE~:

, and those people wey vote for that "white witch" them be racist too.
The witch no wan concede to defeat with the HOPE say some cracker go kill OBAMA. That no go happen. Security for OBAMA pass DUMB~BUSH' security.
Her closeness to the Presidency was being a "First Lady" in History we dey give bad blowjobs before Monica take over from her.

NA WHO ELSE WAN TAKE THIS FIGHT WITH ME OVER OBAMA

Hopefully you don't claim to be Nigerian in public while saying this?
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by darfur(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2008
ok obama is no longer black eh grin

anyway, if it was in the UK he wont be regarded as black per se, but america has always been black or white, no mixed race grin grin grin
either white fully or something else grin grin grin
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Mamajama(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2008
Obama is as Black as Tiger Wood is as Black.

Can't you see the African defiant in him already? lol
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by darfur(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2008
lol. i thought tiger woods says he aint black.

well, i wonder. nobody wants to associate with blackness grin
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by anonimi: 7:56am On Jun 10, 2008
MyTempID:

I did. Thus my reason for disagreeing with the sentence I isolated.

I think it is better to take a reply in context rather than isolating a particular sentence. I hope you see my point.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by bebure(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2008
T@meD0:

Obama is not black, he is bi-racial. When will my naija pipu get that---he's equally as white as he's black. I still don't know why so many naija folks on here are so excited about the bobo sef. Na wa o! This guy has zip experience in foreign policy--pesin wey wan agree talk with "am-in-the-mood-4-Jihad" in Iran without any pre-conditions. Shouldn't that concern people? Obama scares me more than Clinton or McCain because this guy's Great Religious background is seriously being overlooked. Yanky's sovereignty is really at stake here. I have zero confidence in either of the two candidates. Ron Paul as weird as the bobo be seem to be a better candidate at this point grin Peace!

T@meD0, Obama himself identifies himself as a BLACK MAN. He looks black and were he not such a high profile figure in America he would be treated the same way as any other black man in America. Your argument has no basis. If we all use the logic you are applying to this situation then 80% of "African Americans" cannot be called black.

As far as America is concerned and as far as we are concerned as black people Obama na black man. As long as he looks black he is black, if he were mixed race and looked white, then we would all regard him as white.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by TmeD0(m): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
bebure:

T@meD0, Obama himself identifies himself as a BLACK MAN. He looks black and were he not such a high profile figure in America he would be treated the same way as any other black man in America. Your argument has no basis. If we all use the logic you are applying to this situation then 80% of "African Americans" cannot be called black.

As far as America is concerned and as far as we are concerned as black people Obama na black man. As long as he looks black he is black, if he were mixed race (He is mixed race, ya big dummy!) and looked white, then we would all regard him as white.

Firstly, I was not making an argument but rather stating a fact, which is: Obama is not black, he is bi-racial.  But of course it's hard for an Obama-possible-first-black president like you to accept or better yet comprehend that.  Secondly, the notion that 80% of African Americans cannot be called black based on my factual statement (that he's bi-racial; had to remind you cause you seem slow though  wink) is not only meaningless but laughable.  Are you telling me (based on the logic you've just applied) that 80% of African Americans are bi-racial?  Evidently, you have no clue of what you're talking about. . .your last sentence totally convinced me.  On the other hand, if you had paid attention (I know that's hard to do sometimes) and not let your "Obama-maniaism" cloud your reasoning, you would have clearly seen that my remarks were more about his qualification for the position and not his race.  Lastly, I'm not going to waste my time with you arguing about Obama's race because personally, I could care less. . . I'm more concerned about his qualification than his race.  If you feel Obama is black, then more power to you .  Have a great day!  Peace!
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by IMCCN(m): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2008
if the world ignores the blackman, it is the world that will lose, i congratulate America for this courageous step in the right direction.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2008
NOW, GUESS WHAT? ALGORE NOW SUPPORTS OUR MAN FOR CHANGE
A few hours from now I will step on stage in Detroit, Michigan to announce my support for Senator Barack Obama. From now through Election Day, I intend to do whatever I can to make sure he is elected President of the United States.

Over the next four years, we are going to face many difficult challenges -- including bringing our troops home from Iraq, fixing our economy, and solving the climate crisis. Barack Obama is clearly the candidate best able to solve these problems and bring change to America.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by eminemkayc: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2008
[quote][/quote]congrats to him
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by eminemkayc: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2008
Yen, yen . yen , what rubbish are you saying?
that is why there is a word called revolution and change and it does exist.
anything is possible.
look i know what am saying. nigerians are just excited about who might turn out to be the next antichrist grin
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by ladybam(f): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2008
now i think that if obama was a pure black,he would never have won that election.shun all that 'WE'VE GOT A BLACK PRESIDENT' THING,na only oyibo dem no wetin dem dey do grin
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by LAKANYE(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2008
T@meD0:

Firstly, I was not making an argument but rather stating a fact, which is: Obama is not black, he is bi-racial. But of course it's hard for an Obama-possible-first-black president like you to accept or better yet comprehend that. Secondly, the notion that 80% of African Americans cannot be called black based on my factual statement (that he's bi-racial; had to remind you cause you seem slow though wink) is not only meaningless but laughable. Are you telling me (based on the logic you've just applied) that 80% of African Americans are bi-racial? Evidently, you have no clue of what you're talking about. . .your last sentence totally convinced me. On the other hand, if you had paid attention (I know that's hard to do sometimes) and not let your "Obama-maniaism" cloud your reasoning, you would have clearly seen that my remarks were more about his qualification for the position and not his race. Lastly, I'm not going to waste my time with you arguing about Obama's race because personally, I could care less. . . I'm more concerned about his qualification than his race. If you feel Obama is black, then more power to you . Have a great day! Peace!

Of what benefits would it be to me if I make responsive comments to a CROSS-DRESSER?

Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by LAKANYE(m): 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2008
US Election 2008: Hillary Clinton to join Barack Obama on campaign trail in White House race
By Alex Spillius in Washington
Last Updated: 1:47AM BST 21/06/2008
Senator Hillary Clinton is to join Barack Obama on the campaign trail for the first time since their long and acrimonious tussle for the Democratic presidential nomination.
US Elections: Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton share the stage
AP
Mr Obama will campaign with his former rival Hillary Clinton next week

The former First Lady has already conceded defeat but their joint appearance on Friday, the details of which have yet to be finalised, will present a strong image of party unity ahead of November's election, amid lingering frustration among some of supporters.

For some of her fans it will also sustain hopes of her being placed on a "dream ticket" as Mr Obama's vice-presidential running mate.

In primary election exit polls, roughly 20 per cent of Clinton voters said they would rather vote for Republican Senator John McCain than Mr Obama. Her willingness to campaign with her former rival could be crucial to him winning large swing states such as Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida, where blue-collar workers largely shunned the young challenger.
Article continues
advertisement

The 46-year-old senator, who defied all predictions by beating his more experienced and better known opponent, has already rallied high profile Clinton supporters behind his cause.

Earlier this week prominent Clinton backers such as former secretary of state Madeleine Albright and retired Gen Wesley Clark joined him in meetings on national security.

He has also secured the endorsement of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, a political powerhouse union that was a strong supporter of Mrs Clinton.

"Barack Obama has the experience, judgment and strength to reinvigorate our economy and resurrect the American dream," AFSCME President Gerald McEntee said after meeting Mr Obama with other union leaders.

Hollywood stars with long Clinton associations have also aligned behind Mr Obama, who is the first black presidential nominee for either major party. He will speak at what is expected to be a star-studded fundraiser in Los Angeles on Tuesday, where the singer Seal will be the main act.

Director Steven Spielberg and studio boss Jeffrey Katzenberg, both former endorsers of Mrs Clinton, will hold a major fundraising event for Mr Obama later in the year.
Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by TmeD0(m): 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2008
LAKANYE~:

Of what benefits would it be to me if I make responsive comments to a CROSS-DRESSER?

Cross Dresser? Lol!  The fact that someone of the opposite sex pierces an ear lobe makes that person a cross dresser?  What a moronic remark!  By the way, who are you?  I only responded to some bebure's remarks (unless of course you're the same person) and for you to personally attack me is not only senseless but rather childish because my remarks were not directed at you.

And you think this is befitting to the eyes?  angry (hisses)  

Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by LAKANYE(m): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2008
YOU GONNA NEED A SURGERY ON THAT PIMPLES ON YOUR FACE GAY-BOY.
NAIRALAND.COM IS NOT A PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO INSULT PEOPLE'S INTEGRITY.
IF YOU START ANY FORMS OF INSULTS ON MY COMMENTS, I WILL SHOW YOU I NEVER BACKED DOWN FOR ANYONE.
AND I'VE GAT ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD FOR YOU.

Re: Obama Clinches Democratic Nomination by TmeD0(m): 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2008
LAKANYE~:

YOU GONNA NEED A SURGERY ON THAT PIMPLES ON YOUR FACE GAY-BOY.
NAIRALAND.COM IS NOT A PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO INSULT PEOPLE'S INTEGRITY.
IF YOU START ANY FORMS OF INSULTS ON MY COMMENTS, I WILL SHOW YOU I NEVER BACKED DOWN FOR ANYONE.
AND I'VE GAT ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD FOR YOU.

For someone who has changed his/her (don't even know what you are) gender several times on profile to call me a homosexual is not only laughable but hypocritical.  I'm sure you do have all the time in the world since the only thing you're good at is personally attacking others rather than debating the issue.  Go ahead and knock yourself out, I know it makes you feel good about yourself. . . some of us need that self esteem booster sometimes and you sure can use one.  And why are you so fixated on my picture (at least I have one) on profile?  Hmmm, makes one wonder, doesn't it?  Unfortunately, I'm not who you're hoping for me to be (sowwwy  sad).  Have a good day, oh wait, silly of me, I forgot that can't be possible until you have your childish rant.  Well, you do that and I hope it makes your day too.  Peace!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos: Ukranians Throw Former Minister In A Bin In Kiev / Hurricane Ida: Houma Residents Are Left Reeling As Homes Are Reduced To Rubles / UK ‘Loans’ Stolen Gold Artefact To Ghana After 150 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.