Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium (46308 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Multi-billion Naira 3km Auditorium (2013 news) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by addictiv(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
if the man wants to build an auditorium that stretches from one state to another, i see no harm in that....after all king solomon's temple was more majestic....people saying that they use money to feed the poor should come and tell us how many poor people they have fed or how many roads they have patched or how many structures they have erected for the good of Nigerians. they drive in their jeeps everyday thru the same roads and they also see the poor lttered over the country what have they done to help them?.....useless people......did he force anybody? after they ll ask fed govt to facilitate the release of ibori.....blawdy hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dagbokoncept(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
By d poweR that is in d name and blood of JESUS may d writer of dis post rot in hell(Amen). I was at d just concluded RCCG convetion. Pastor Adeboye only announced that the church is planning to biuld a new auditorium which will be 10km in length and breadth. He further said that he expect som1 to say Daddy I wish to donate a billion naira but all I can afford is 100 million and he further sterchd dat donations are all welcome in difft sum even as low 100 naira. He never said anyone should meet with his secretary neither did he made mention of secretary in his speech. D poster of dis thread is a satanic agent and I urge d moderator to pls tke dis off d front page. More also, all dos dat made negative comments shud try and withdraw it and ask God for 4gvness. Note: As a good Christain we should find out all things and stick to which is the truth. Thnks
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by NextIG(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
idnoble135: I expect people to quote me but i seriously dont care! And this is my personal opinion.
Its not a surprise that many eyebrows are being raised over this. I think it would be abnormal if he(Pastor Adeboye) did not expect
this kind of reaction.
The rant on social and mass media can go on but i have the feeling that it would not stop the building.
He did not compel people to give. If he wants to expand the church, how is it your business? If you would not give, that would not stop anything being done.
I am not a redeemed member. But my concern is why everything about any church attracts this kind of attention. Knowing that the church fund is comprised of what is given by members. The figure spent by a political party for the last convention is way bigger than this and no one batted an eyelid. I think without the church, some media corporations and blog would die down.
So, every one can shout and rant as much as they want to, everyone would keep quiet when they are tired. Its a matter of next year before the church would be dedicated.
Finally, i know if most of you were alive, you would have equally blasted Solomon for spending a great deal of gold, silver, precious stones, cedar etc building a temple that took a whooping seven years to build because of its complex architectural design. You would have organized protest calling it a waste. Maybe you would have insulted him on facebook, twitter, nairaland, you name it... But God was pleased with Solomon and appeared to him right after the dedication. And there were still poor people in the land. Even Jesus said, "The poor you will always
have with you, but you will
not always have me". Mathew 26:11. Letting us know that helping the poor is important but not as kingdom and its expansion.
If this is not of God, be rest assured that it would fail. But, if this be of God, one million devils and one million Boko haram can not stop it. Acts 5:38-39.
I rest my case.
Gbam!!!!! Shikenan. He who is angry with the work of Jesus in Naija let him go and hang himself. He who is already hypertensive because the Church is gradually taking its place according to the scriptures, let him go and stand in front of Dangote's moving Truck. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by omodave(m): 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
i just find out dat majority (75%) of us here are talking under this category of furtsration or cause,
1. joblessness
2. FG n ASUU strike
3. not give admission
4. sack from work
5. poverty
quote me if am wrong
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ralphossai: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ralphossai: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
when people say money was taken from the needy. i really wonder what they are talking about. those donating N100 million are they the once's called needy?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by jemoke: 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
may God use me to donate #1b in jesus name.haters i pity you !
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
Next IG: Gbam!!!!! Shikenan. He who is angry with the work of Jesus in Naija let him go and hang himself. He who is already hypertensive because the Church is gradually taking its place according to the scriptures, let him go and stand in front of Dangote's moving Truck. God bless you sir.

Typical byproduct of this corrupt system.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by NextIG(m): 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
C@$# mun€£¥:
I'm fast losing faith in the man and his church.
Whether you loose your Faith or Patience on him and the assembly he's leading; that won't take away an ounce of God's anointing upon him, and that won't classify him as a fake my Bros. Pastor Adeboye is one man of God who always does something as commanded by the Heavens. I am not an RCCG member but I know he's a true servant of God positioned for the blessing of this generation. I pray you don't loose your salvation because of hatred towards him.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

Typical byproduct of this corrupt system.
very well bro... You keep hammering on the poor. How many poor people have you fed? Can you alone feed the poor? Why has there not stop being the poor even if you help some. Is it okay to say you preach to help the poor but you take your paycheck home and spend a good deal(if not all) on yourself and your family?
The work is for those that are interested and willing to donate. If you dont want to, you might as well hold your peace.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Next IG: Whether you loose your Faith or Patience on him and the assembly he's leading; that won't take away an ounce of God's anointing upon him, and that won't classify him as a fake my Bros. Pastor Adeboye is one man of God who always does something as commanded by the Heavens. I am not an RCCG member but I know he's a true servant of God positioned for the blessing of this generation. I pray you don't loose your salvation because of hatred towards him.
i dont know for them. Guess its a crime to be rich afterall.... Guess its a crime to be led by God. SMH for some folks.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dagbokoncept(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
The person who posted dis abt. Past adeboye is looki 4. God's Wrath cos I dnt knw y pple keeP lookin 4 both. Spiritual nd physIcal prblm 4 Demselves I waz. In d convention he neva. Sed al dose. Tinz he. Even sed u can donate as little. As. 100box pls dis person shuld beg. God. 4. 4giveness cos dis tin u wan carry 4 head pass u ooo
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
idnoble135:
very well bro... You keep hammering on the poor. How many poor people have you fed? Can you alone feed the poor? Why has there not stop being the poor even if you help some. Is it okay to say you preach to help the poor but you take your paycheck home and spend a good deal(if not all) on yourself and your family?
The work is for those that are interested and willing to donate. If you dont want to, you might as well hold your peace.

You and your idols have no right taking money from the needy to fund empire building.

We are commanded to go bring lost souls into the kingdom not into our manmade organisations and social clubs.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by vanhelsing(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
The western world gives unSparingly to worthy causes,research and charity.our people would rather give their last penny for God's work solely for the expectation of abundant blessings.Yet we are all beneficiaries of the western world's benevolence...You can have malaria now and rush to the nearest pharmacy to get an antidote(product of a research that was funded by someone who never knew you)..poverty is indeed a curse when u give only because you think that's the secret of receiving more and not for the futherance of humanity..I wonder why the bill and melinda gates foundation still give to a country where 1 man can give 100 million to causes that does not have a positive impact on humanity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Encee1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
bashorunbazok: In the end, it will turn to a place where we would be making sajda for almighty Allah. cool tongue
If this is your prayer or what you think then THE KING OF KINGS will SURELY put you to shame!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

You and your idols have no right taking money from the needy to fund empire building.

We are commanded to go bring lost souls into the kingdom not into our manmade organisations and social clubs.
oh! I serve an idol for have conflicting views? Jesus said we shall give account of every cry
frosbel:

oh! I serve an idol for have conflicting views? Jesus said we shall give account of every idle word.
Jesus himself beheld as the woman gave her last two mites, he did not accuse anyone of taking from a needy person. Its a personal choice. No coercion.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
ayobase: Under fire for what?
I don't get it.

That someone without a criminal record can't pay such amount of money indicates how shallow ur mind is financially...SMH....in this country where we have silent billionaire?

One thing people of shallow minds still fail to know or understand is that it takes nothing to become billionaire if you know the secret.....GIVING, and most especially to the works of God.

I don't see this as any scam. Bab Adeboye started from 1 billion naira and stopped at 100 naira. Just do according to ur power or u simply put God to test.

From what I read so, I didn't see anywhere he was trying to cajole people into paying. He just said it as it is!

Nothing like "give and it shall be given unto u. God will bless u in folds" and the likes to hoodwink as some of NLers will say!

Obe to dun, owo lo pa of course!

Dey there make pant dey wear u while others are giving financial breakthroughs testimony!

Will you stop this ... What does a church need a multi-billion naira auditorium for? Did Jesus christ ask people to donate money for such things during his time? Our bodies and minds are supposed to be the church and not some ridiculously expensive structure that seeks to drain people of their hard earned cash.

I would be happy if these donations were being made to build cheap schools or provide scholarships to the poorest of the poor in that church, or to provide some funds to poor members for businesses. You really don't need such expensive structures to serve God and whether the donations are voluntary or not is inconsequential.

SMH at our people's mentality man. Christianity really isn't about these things ya know. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
Why all this ranting from every body .The God whom the church worship has not complained mortal men are making noise .Will or can you fight for God if the man of God is not doing it well?the answer is no.Let me lecture us everything in the house of God is done by faith.1Bn from one person may not come immediately but such individual in raising hand in the church took a step of faith believing God will provide the money.There are company owners making up to 5m daily depending on the kind of demand for products and services.The man that said it is never done in the bible days is speaking error.King Solomon gave as much as he has never witheld from God ,donated Gold in the building of God's temple.King David did same.Giving in Christianity and Islam is a kingd of worship to the almighty God .God in return looks at how man loves money and still will have the mind to give to the building of His temple.Oyedepo's church during the building of Canan land .Muslim donated and they were blessed.Beloved if you are touched try and send in your widows mite .The poor among them that send in even 50k will experience marveous breakthrough,your criticism will not stop the church but will strengthing the church.Stop looking at what man has that he will give 1billion .God will build His if He has spoken to Pastor Adeboye.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
idnoble135:
oh! I serve an idol for have conflicting views? Jesus said we shall give account of every cry
oh! I serve an idol for have conflicting views? Jesus said we shall give account of every

Repeat me. It is a known fact that many people who call themselves Christians in Nigeria are worshippers of men.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

Repeat me. It is a known fact that many people who call themselves Christians in Nigeria are worshippers of men.
recheck my post. Network problem. But now updated.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

back to this post, meaning i pray to my pastor and trust him for my salvation or what? Untrue assertion.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
idnoble135:
oh! I serve an idol for have conflicting views? Jesus said we shall give account of every idle word.
Jesus himself beheld as the woman gave her last two mites, he did not accuse anyone of taking from a needy person. Its a personal choice. No coercion.

And what you fail to understand is that the tithe in those days was used to take care of this sort of woman , besides Jesus berated the hypocrites for devouring widow's houses in the same chapter.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by optimusprime2(m): 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
And that there, is the reason why a large percentage of Nigerian's will remain "Poor"...
Pastor Adeboye never cajoled or imposed paying any amount, it was a simple statement, if you know you can pay ₦5, then pay...
In a congregation of that magnitude and Capacity, do you know who and who could have been there??
Assuming Samuel Eto'o, Didier Drogba or Yaya Toure was there for example
is it 100million Naira that would shake them if they paid it thrice at the spot?? Now these are just footballers o...
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by VellyG(m): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
We had great men of God in the 80's and 90's b4 these new generation pastors..It was never all abt building edifices,acquiring large hectars of land and buying private jets..These men of God should focus more on the word of God and helping the poor in our society rather than enriching themselves..100million will go a long way in assisting the numerous number orphanage homes in Nigeria.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

And what you fail to understand is that the tithe in those days was used to take care of this sort of woman , besides Jesus berated the hypocrites for devouring widow's houses in the same chapter.
dont swerve the discussion. We are not yet discussing tithe. Stick to the topic and give a better reply to what i wrote earlier.
Bible clearly makes it known that it was offering that was dropped and not tithe.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by NextIG(m): 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
mooregan: My line of concern is where de OP said no one without a criminal record can donate 1Bill. But Dangote donated 1bill to Emergency rule affected states, does he have a criminal record??
Abeg, make the OP answer the above question shapaly shapaly. In their poverty deluded mentality, no one can make it God's way except by crooked means. But the Bible told us that "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof". "The Silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of Host". There are genuine and honest Christian Billionaires in Nigeria. God told Prophet Elijah that "there are hundreds of people who have not bowed their head to Baal". Get this into your mind my people.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
My prayer now i read thread is God give me 10Billion so i can give 5Billion to RCCG. i need money now from God it is challenge of faith.This is the secret of personal financial growth (GIVING) .PLEASE EVERY BODY KEY IN AND GET BLESSED,IT IS NOT MEANT FOR DEBATE (IT WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPTURE GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU GOOD MEASURE,PRESS DOWN AND SHAKING TOGETHER SHALL BE RETURNED BACK TO YOU)This is the best banking system in the world.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
VellyG: We had great men of God in the 80's and 90's b4 these new generation pastors..It was never all abt building edifices,acquiring large hectars of land and buying private jets..These men of God should focus more on the word of God and helping the poor in our society rather than enriching themselves..100million will cant go a long way in assisting the numerous number orphanage homes in Nigeria.

Well said. Many of these so called christians care less about the plight of the poor , they are in it for the money and a secret rapture into bliss at the end.

Hypocrites !!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
ODENIG: My prayer now i read thread is God give me 10Billion so i can give 5Billion to RCCG. i need money now from God it is challenge of faith.This is the secret of personal financial growth (GIVING) .PLEASE EVERY BODY KEY IN AND GET BLESSED,IT IS NOT MEANT FOR DEBATE (IT WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPTURE GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU GOOD MEASURE,PRESS DOWN AND SHAKING TOGETHER SHALL BE RETURNED BACK TO YOU)This is the best banking system in the world.

You give to RCCG because it is your IDOL.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by omodave(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
hmmm i wonder why this guy ( frosbel) is still on nairaland
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by olaiya2007(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

So you have an idea how many souls are being won every month? Of course you don't
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by olaiya2007(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

Do you have an idea how many souls are being won every month? Of course you don't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy / Zimbabwean Pastor Sells 'Anointed' Cucumbers To Members During Service. PICS / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.