Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium (46267 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Multi-billion Naira 3km Auditorium (2013 news) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ojubi(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2013
The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has received scathing criticisms from activists who reacted angrily to the manner in which the church is raising funds for its multi-billion naira auditorium.

At the just concluded 61st annual convention at the expansive Redemption Camp, along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Enoch Adeboye, the church’s General Overseer, announced plans to build a new auditorium stretching three kilometres in length and breadth.

On the eve of final day of the week long programme, Mr. Adeboye appealed for donations for the new auditorium which would quadruple the church’s present auditorium which has an estimated capacity of about one million people.

“We need N1 billion from ten people. If you are one of them, please see my personal Secretary after we finish today,” Mr. Adeboye announced to the congregation.

“We also need N100 million from those who can afford it, if you are in that category. Please see my personal Secretary as well.

“Nonetheless, we need everyone’s involvement. If you can afford N50 million, N20 million, N5 million, N1 million to as low as N100, kindly make sure you participate.”

After the announcement, Mr. Adeboye sought to know the members who were “willing to join hands with our Father in the Lord to build a new auditorium to God’s glory.”

Debo Adeniran, Executive Director of Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL), said there was no way someone without a criminal record could afford such a donation.

“It is most inappropriate because there is no where the progenitor of such a faith did such a thing. Jesus Christ never cajoled people to make unwarranted donation to the church,” said Mr. Adeniran.

“Nobody in one lifetime with no criminal record can donate such an amount,” Mr. Adeniran added.

Abiodun Aremu, Secretary of Joint Action Front (JAF), said that the church is already neck deep in corruption and vanity.

“Church leaders are fraternizing with corrupt political leaders. The church is being used as an agent of exploiting the poor.

“When we call for a revolution, one of the institutions where the anger of the people would be visited is the church,” Mr. Aremu added.

When, on Saturday, the RCCG’s General Overseer asked those willing to donate to indicate their interest, hundreds of hands went up in the air.

The church divided prospective donors into three groups – Category A Brethren would pay N1 billion; Category B Brethren would pay N100 million; and Category C Brethren would pay N50 million and below.

Categories A and B are expected to meet with Mr. Adeboye’s Secretary.

Church members and supporters of Mr. Adeboye defended such mode of raising funds for a church project stating that the donations were voluntary.

Some of the church’s pastors approached by PREMIUM TIMES declined comments.

“I don’t think I would like to contribute to it,” one of the pastors said.

In his Jimi Disu’s blog, the journalist stated that such a method of raising money to finance church’s projects sets a “dangerous trend.”

“I should not bother myself with how a church raises money to finance projects but a dangerous trend is being set and we are made to believe if we cannot ‘donate’ a certain amount of money, we cannot see Daddy G.O’s personal Secretary,” said Mr. Disu.

“Such ‘privilege’ is for those that can donate handsomely for the work of God,” he added.

Mr. Adeboye is renowned for some of his ingenious ways of raising funds to finance projects in the RCCG.

Last year, he called for a fresh set of “covenant partners” after the life span of the old set, entered in 2002, expired.

Mr. Adeboye said that the life span of the new set of partners would be for three years.

“I thank God for all my partners and I say, thank you for the past ten years.

“Now the Lord says to me, the new set of partners will be for only three years. He said after three years, we can review,” Mr. Adeboye said.

The 2012 set of “covenant partners” were divided into ten groups – the lowest cadre, Group One would contribute N100 monthly, while the top most, Group Ten, would dole out N2 million and above every month.

Mr. Adeniran said that religion being the opium of the masses, people would be hoodwinked into believing that what the pastor said is from God.

During last week’s convention, Mr. Adeniran said that a member of his staff lost his 65 year old mother to a stampede that ensued during a worship session.

“Adeboye is fond of discussing miracles in his church, he never discusses misfortunes.

“It is a lopsided ministry, a ministry that cajoles people to bring what they have to the church,” Mr. Adeniran added.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142649-pastor-adeboye-under-fire-over-multi-billion-naira-3km-auditorium.html

15 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ojubi(m): 11:03am On Aug 13, 2013
Pastor Adeboye under fire over multi-billion naira 3km auditorium
Ben Ezeamalu - 3 hours agoNATIONAL, NEWS
During last week’s convention, Mr. Adeniran said that a member of his staff lost his 65 year old mother to a stampede that ensued during a worship session.
“Adeboye is fond of discussing miracles in his church, he never discusses misfortunes.
“It is a lopsided ministry, a ministry that cajoles people to bring what they have to the church,” Mr. Adeniran added.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ITbomb(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2013
And the members will start to feel guilty if they can not afford to make a donation.
Now the congregation is stratified along financial power: Category A, B and C.
Money that would have establish industry and minimize importation while providing jobs for the congregation is now use to erect a structure.

17 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2013
ITbomb: And the members will start to feel guilty if they can not afford to make a donation.
Now the congregation is stratified along financial power: Category A, B and C.
Money that would have establish industry and minimize importation while providing jobs for the congregation is now use to erect a structure.

Will the structure erect itself or angels would be deployed from heaven to erect the structure free of charge?

Will the structure take care of itself, maintain itself and develop itself?

Anyways, I don't know the motivation behind the new hall, so I'd like to be neutral on this regard...

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by malc619(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2013
Adeboye is a smart businessman..

grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2013
shit look at how billions don turn guguru and epa

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ayobase(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2013
Under fire for what?
I don't get it.

That someone without a criminal record can't pay such amount of money indicates how shallow ur mind is financially...SMH....in this country where we have silent billionaire?

One thing people of shallow minds still fail to know or understand is that it takes nothing to become billionaire if you know the secret.....GIVING, and most especially to the works of God.

I don't see this as any scam. Bab Adeboye started from 1 billion naira and stopped at 100 naira. Just do according to ur power or u simply put God to test.

From what I read so, I didn't see anywhere he was trying to cajole people into paying. He just said it as it is!

Nothing like "give and it shall be given unto u. God will bless u in folds" and the likes to hoodwink as some of NLers will say!

Obe to dun, owo lo pa of course!

Dey there make pant dey wear u while others are giving financial breakthroughs testimony!

116 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Pataki: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2013
This kind of news makes me speechless.

I don't know how most Nigerians can tolerate this growing madness.

It is like, the Naira has lost its value completely.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ayobase(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2013
ojubi: Pastor Adeboye under fire over multi-billion naira 3km auditorium
Ben Ezeamalu - 3 hours agoNATIONAL, NEWS

Nobody forces anybody Mr. Man!
Do u know what the word, 'Cajole' means in this context?

Did the man promise anything in return.

Misfortunes?
Don't u hear warning several times from men of God.

God doesn't bring misfortunes on His children, we do!

15 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2013
ayswags: shit look at how billions don turn guguru and epa

Just work hard and pray for God's blessings..

A large percentage of Nigerians may not see (let alone earn) 1billion naira till they die..

Its left for us to work hard..

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2013
I'm ok with the giving and all, but Category A, B and C?

Well sha...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Emmyk(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2013
#justpassingby#.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by darealez(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
ayobase:

Nobody forces anybody Mr. Man!
Do u know what the word, 'Cajole' means in this context?

Did the man promise anything in return.

Misfortunes?
Don't u hear warning several times from men of God.

God doesn't bring misfortunes on His children, we do!

I think its about time we knew about our various right(s)! For godsake! its only a paranoia that'll use such word as "cajole" in this context. Its a voluntary donation for goodness sake!

@op- tanks for the info, wasnt chanced to be @d convention and now that i'm informed, i'd better start preparing my quotta!

you can beaf me for all i care! if u aren't in then, u're out nd if you're not in, its not your business wat happens there!!!

toodles....

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by DICKtator: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Under what fire?

Hell fire?

Or who wants to fire him?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Orikinla(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Psalm 24

King James Version (KJV)

24 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ifihearam: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
I wonder how some of you think here,so if the man of God raised money for the expansion of the ministry how is that "cajole" he made the call and its not by force,if you have and dont want to give nobody puts a gun on your face. The good thing here is that they will realise more than a billion because he is a sent man of God and those who contribute would get their rewards also because its a law of giving.

@op i think the topic is misleading,under fire how by that common adeniran or who?

14 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by frankgreat(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
well, its not my money tho, but i don't see the need for another auditorium when u can expand the older one and create more capacity.it would save tithe payers money...what will Jesus do?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Jeezyy(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
the secret to receiving is giving, but people do n't know this. if i have the means give even N100b, i will

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
I expect people to quote me but i seriously dont care! And this is my personal opinion.
Its not a surprise that many eyebrows are being raised over this. I think it would be abnormal if he(Pastor Adeboye) did not expect
this kind of reaction.
The rant on social and mass media can go on but i have the feeling that it would not stop the building.
He did not compel people to give. If he wants to expand the church, how is it your business? If you would not give, that would not stop anything being done.
I am not a redeemed member. But my concern is why everything about any church attracts this kind of attention. Knowing that the church fund is comprised of what is given by members. The figure spent by a political party for the last convention is way bigger than this and no one batted an eyelid. I think without the church, some media corporations and blog would die down.
So, every one can shout and rant as much as they want to, everyone would keep quiet when they are tired. Its a matter of next year before the church would be dedicated.
Finally, i know if most of you were alive, you would have equally blasted Solomon for spending a great deal of gold, silver, precious stones, cedar etc building a temple that took a whooping seven years to build because of its complex architectural design. You would have organized protest calling it a waste. Maybe you would have insulted him on facebook, twitter, nairaland, you name it... But God was pleased with Solomon and appeared to him right after the dedication. And there were still poor people in the land. Even Jesus said, "The poor you will always
have with you, but you will
not always have me". Mathew 26:11. Letting us know that helping the poor is important but not as kingdom and its expansion.
If this is not of God, be rest assured that it would fail. But, if this be of God, one million devils and one million Boko haram can not stop it. Acts 5:38-39.
I rest my case.

66 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

69 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by sucreblazing(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Its the lord's doing... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Fazhy: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
Keeping sealed lips here. lipsrsealed

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by akintun: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
D gov should place a 50% tax on all non charity donations

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
See levels......

God punish poverty.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by colombiana: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
I can't say much but am not in support of this, is this what Jesus wud have done? 1bn ah ah from ten ple who can afford that even the politicians wen thief that kind money go fear drop am cuz dem knw say u nor fit buy ur way into heaven

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by adtiezy1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by kadman(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
HNosegbe: I'm ok with the giving and all, but Category A, B and C?

Well sha...

That's what boggles my mind? Church members placed in "categories"

So if I can't afford any of those, I have no category in the church?

*sings* me and you no dey for the same category. . .

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by CsmuneEy(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm fast losing faith in the man and his church.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Redhot111(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmmmmm. If I tlk nw I go certainly offend sum1 or myslf so I no go tlk I go jst dey watch
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by SEYIKP(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
TO HIS MASTER A SERVANT RISETH, AND TO HIS MASTER HE FALLETH, WHO ARE YOU TO CONDEMNED WHO GOD HAS NOT JUDGE.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by kazeemayorinde(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Well, its up to d followers because I cant imagine such donation. 1 billion naira frm 10 people. Amazing

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by shegzee43: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

[/color][color=#990000]Did u say madness? my brother, I wld rather you keep mute than attract God's judgement. Let God judge him if his wrong o! Please don't attract curse 2 urself and generation after you. My candid advice.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

85-year-old Reverend Iloh Remarries 74-year-old Wife (photo) / Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.