Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,446 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:22 AM

Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance (19402 Views)

Romance Without Finance Is ? / Why Do Broke Men Expect Women To Want Romance Without Finance? / Romance Without Finance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by zuchyblink(m): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
boys are not smiling.time to use those girls for money.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by zuchyblink(m): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
we are too hungry to know what is love.
A hungry woman does not discuss love

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by slap1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
Sweetlemon: Op God bless you! Guys like you are so rare!
You see the broke a.sses giving the excuse that they want the girl to love them the way they are. Please how many of you can sincerly love a girl that does not have a womb?
Nonsense!
Guys of nowadays are so damn lazy!
Money for womb? WOW! Did you get your womb from hardwork? Duh!

For your info, the OP is married and it's very safe to advise from his side of the dating table. Better work hard for yourself! If you are waiting for a rich suitor, you may clock 50 years!

7 Likes

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Olivialight(f): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
ACM10:

Why not castrate them because they are poor? Your post reeks of arrogance. Someone who had a humble beginning will not make this comment. For God's sake, those people are not poor by their own design. Failure of the government to perform its most basic functions condemned those people into the life of poverty and misery. The fact that they are poor do not mean that you should deny them their freedom to make choice. I don't share your view brother. I have no right to pokenose into the affairs of two consensual adults.

my dear u r getting it wrong, okay lets say u marry and u can't even afford 4 ur baby's diapers, even u urslf wnt b happy trust me,u r gonna feel like u r suffering ur family.
Ppl shld place der priorities ryt,as a young guy ur future shld matter 2 u most, u shld b prepared 4 marriage nt 2 bring out children 2 suffer jt because ur penis is active,
u can v platonic friends #gals# if u wan bt d whole romantic tin cost money brother even d long phone calls involves cash so y nt make it simple 4 u and ur future.
No man including woman il b happy 2 see dat even sumtin as little as proper feeding he/she can't even afford 4 his family. Trust me is part of d reason some ppl r violent and aggressive men.
Plz youths wake up cs is still early nt wen u r 34/so u start 2 do wat u shld v done earlier bt u misplaced ur priorities.
So dearie is nt dat if u didn't come 4rm a rich home u shld go and die bt 2 make use of d little u v on more important tinz Dan chasing gals up and down.
10k U
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by amanda2013(f): 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
after going tru all the comments, i cn only say that most of us dnt rili knw the meaning of love. Ogugua thank u veri much 4 that wondaful comment.

4 Likes

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Ishilove: 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
Orikinla: If you don't like this post, that is your headache and heartache.

What I hate most is to see boys who cannot even feed themselves looking for relationships with girls.
They are in fact, the most sexually active in Africa.
You see jobless guys who should focus on being creative and innovative like their mates in America, Europe and Asia, but their best pursuits are looking for girls to date and they cannot offer these impressionable and vulnerable young women nothing more than S*E*X. And that is why the National Agency for the Control of AIDS, NACA, reported that 3.4 million Nigerians were living with HIV/AIDS, the second largest globally.

Later you see them and their ill bred kids and suffering and smiling baby mamas increasing the population of the poor masses in the slums where they breed anti-social characters, robbers and other criminals who become socioeconomic liabilities and threats to the society.

You want a girl to be your honey, but you don't have money.
You better go and get busy first to add value to your life and stop being a romantic nuisance.

Only a re-tarded girl will date any empty suit.

ROMANCE WITHOUT FINANCE IS NOTHING BUT A NUISANCE.
~ BLANCHE MC MANETT

Bravo!! cheesy
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Coldfeet(f): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
InvertedHammer: /
Blame the little guy down there.

//
shocked
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by slap1(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
Like we say in Owerri: Onye ogaziri nwe mba! (he who is successful can talk how he wants). I respect the OP very much because of his age and achievement, which most people can only dream of. I think he published his first book in 1987, when most of us here were yet to enter the world. He runs over 20 blogs and is into many things.
However, I believe he should take a look at the state of the nation when he started hustling and what we have now.

MAN PLANS AND WORKS, BUT GOD DISPOSSES!

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Sweetlemon(f): 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
slap1: Money for womb? WOW! Did you get your womb from hardwork? Duh!

For your info, the OP is married and it's very safe to advise from his side of the dating table. Better work hard for yourself! If you are waiting for a rich suitor, you may clock 50 years!

That's not what I meant.
The bottomline of my point is that guys of nowadays are not as hardworking as guys in those days.
Fine, you don't have a job, but why can't you start a business? Just start something no matter how small. I'm a firm believer that whatever you sow is what you will reap. Work hard and gradually, you will begin to reap the fruits of your labour.
The bitter truth about life is that love is not enough to make a relationship last. There are so many other little ingredients that are directly or indirectly connected to money. In fact studies proves that most broken homes are either caused by sexual or financial issues.
My mum usually tells me that love makes the wedding enjoyable, but there are so many other things involved in making marriage enjoyable.

Advice to ladies: you can marry a broke guy, but make sure he has a clear cut plan for his future and make sure that future looks bright enough and not too far away form the present.
(You don't want to wait till you are 50 yrs old before you can be able to take the kids abroad on holidays do you?)
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Olivialight(f): 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
YES LOVE ISN'T ABOUT MONEY,
bt,okay letz say u r married even 2 pay 4 ur kids school fees u can not How r you gonna feel.
Gals also v 2 work hard 2, cs i hate gals dat jt clings 2 guyz cs of finance, he is nt ur father.
Bt guyz realise all dis late and dey go down 2 say gals r dis and dat,cs maybe his gal got 2 d age of marriage and married a stable Guy ,agn sum ppl il nt cut their coats according 2 Der size, u il see a gal dat her appearance alone speaks cash and all dat u il follow her like 2mrw no dey cs u v seen buttocks and breast,nw d little u v dat u shld v used 4 sumtin more important u waste it trying 2 impress a gal.
Plz YOUTHS lets place our priorities right i believe datz d Main point d OP is trying 2 make.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by caesaraba(m): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
I agree with the OP. It pays to e financially stable before venturing into relationships. Worn both shoes so I know the difference. Truth is bitter, but it must be said. Unfortunately, there's too many dumbos on the loose these days in our society so an advice such as the OP's might look out of place.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
A rich man today may lose his wealth tomorrow. So what happens to his relationship then? The lady leaves him? Based on what I have read today, the lady leaves. If u can only have relationship when u have money, then if the money finishes in a relationship, then u lose the relationship. My advice to all is never listen to anyone. Find ur own way, and if u make mistake, u learn. Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
And they say "Love is Blind".

Apparently, Love has regained its sight.
Love was never blind... It sees all the while but it doesn't mind
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by judedwriter(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nowadays, more nd more ladies r getting more desperate 2 marry; dis makes more broke but well packaged guys to take advantage of guilible ladies wit marriage proposals wink naija babes shine ur eyes well-well o!

3 Likes

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by EmpressOVA(f): 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
As much as this can be true & real;yet it takes a great deal of patience(dependng on d type of r/ship u are in). Wouldn't we live n tk gud cares of ourselves,if these guys dnt com our ways? If Romance is 'nuisance' wtout finance;it can also be 'destructive' wt it.

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
tpacalipse: A rich man today may lose his wealth tomorrow. So what happens to his relationship then? The lady leaves him? Based on what I have read today, the lady leaves. If u can only have relationship when u have money, then if the money finishes in a relationship, then u lose the relationship. My advice to all is never listen to anyone. Find ur own way, and if u make mistake, u learn. Shikena.
Sometimes I wonder how people think... Like you said, everyone has it's own way, just discover it.

In as much as I don't subscribe to wasting precious time in chasing girls and all that, yet, real and genuine love I know of is not determined by the fatness of one's pockets, unless if love is something else now. Moreso, what's with the sex thing? Are you saying every broke guy out there going after a girl is going for sex? Wrong! I guess that's what you do and that's why you can conclude.

Anywayz, thank God I am too focused to be distracted, but if I fail to find love before getting to where I am going, it means I would definitely disguise cause I still believe in real and unconditional love and as such, I would look out for the one that would love me for me.

Little wonder the above poster said what the op is tryna say is that; when the money is available, the love is there and as soon as the money goes, you know the rest...

God help us all.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Empress OVA: As much as this can be true & real;yet it takes a great deal of patience(dependng on d type of r/ship u are in). Wouldn't we live n tk gud cares of ourselves,if these guys dnt com our ways? If Romance is 'nuisance' wtout finance;it can also be 'destructive' wt it.
Thank God someone is still thinking right. Some people think they have arrived... I laugh
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by slap1(m): 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Sweetlemon:

That's not what I meant.
The bottomline of my point is that guys of nowadays are not as hardworking as guys in those days.
Fine, you don't have a job, but why can't you start a business? Just start something no matter how small. I'm a firm believer that whatever you sow is what you will reap. Work hard and gradually, you will begin to reap the fruits of your labour.
The bitter truth about life is that love is not enough to make a relationship last. There are so many other little ingredients that are directly or indirectly connected to money. In fact studies proves that most broken homes are either caused by sexual or financial issues.
My mum usually tells me that love makes the wedding enjoyable, but there are so many other things involved in making marriage enjoyable.

Advice to ladies: you can marry a broke guy, but make sure he has a clear cut plan for his future and make sure that future looks bright enough and not too far away form the present.
(You don't want to wait till you are 50 yrs old before you can be able to take the kids abroad on holidays do you?)
1000 likes!

However, the OP seem to imply something different and subjective. You are welcome.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Neoluv(m): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
playcharles: God will continue to punish our past rulers for mismanagement and corruption, if u agree, click liked button
Story...,God won't punish anybody,their great grand children would enjoy their wealth..go invent something
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by ixora3(f): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Romance witot finance leads to cheating

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
ixora3: Romance witot finance leads to cheating
I guess you mean from a girl's perspective. Right?
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by youngalex(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
@ Op tanx for dat but there are exceptions to dis
- the reality of our time is such that the quest for comfort and luxury has pushed the ladies to a vulnerable mental state thereby being used and dumped,battered and disregarded by the so called real or made men...a lady whom I respect so much once told me that her greatest mistake in life was not marrying the young hardworking guy who was earning a meagre salary in an indian company in 1999-2000...today dis same guy is a top engineer with MTN,while the husband is an unquenchable sex machine sleeping with mistresses and prostitutes and beats her at the slightest provocation,I always tell ladies that a very hardworking,prayerful God fearing but broke man can never be poor....am a living testimony...I know how I started gradually the ministry is moving...In conclusion IF YOU DON'T DATE ME WHEN AV GOT NOTHING WHEN AM MADE I GO FOR READY MADE LADIES TO COMPLEMENT MY WEALTH....transaction completed

7 Likes

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by scientology(m): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
poor guys cheat more than rich guys...poor guys scr.ew with girls with high viral load...hiv/aids is a poor man illness
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
but wait oh... what should the girls be doing while the guys huzzle? should they be waiting for the next guy to hamma and start fighting over him then when he is broke they go for the next rich guy? this OP is incomplete the babes too need huzzle oh.. si that the rich boyfriend wont think them as gold diggers or treat them with disdain because he is taking care of their needs
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by dmcdad: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
amanda2013: after going tru all the comments, i cn only say that most of us dnt rili knw the meaning of love. Ogugua thank u veri much 4 that wondaful comment.
Exactly! I can't understand what some people on here are saying. Talking about no money no sex and all the trash. First of all, do they mean every relationship is centred on sex? So a guy who is yet to "arrive as some people will term it" is not worthy of loving and be loved?

Someone even talked about a man marrying with no job like there is a guy out there who wants his wife and kids to suffer. Definitely there would be something he is doing, which might not be as fruitful as a lot of people would be expecting. A lot of people who are not financially buoyant today, do you think they are not working towards ameliorating their situation? Or does it mean because it's yet to materialise then they should be exiled in the world of dating and love? C'mon! You are fortunate today doesn't mean someone else won't be as fortunate as you tomorrow. Yeah, I agree on placing priorities and all that, but peeps are making it seem like if you are not there yet then you shouldn't even dare! Like wth! That's gross big time...

I still state it: I must make sure I marry a girl who believes in my dreams and my vision and not someone who would just come and reap where she has not sown. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Ugosample(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
When you get successful as a guy, no gn carry mgbeke oh! Marry your class e.g. A businessman marrying a bank executive... Not just any street girl.

1 Like

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
...and what if he's got the potentials to really make it in life, and really working hard towards achieving his dreams? Truth is some men never forget that one lady that was always 'there' back when they were digging and toiling. Yea, romance's gat to be funded, buh it takes a wise lady to discern between a playboy and a real, hardworkin and serious-minded guy, and support him in any little way she can.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by Barayeks(m): 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
At the risk of seeming like an arse/hole I'm gonna type this anyway
what. does the girl have to offer in the relationship apart from intimacy ?....answer that honestly
now the op is insisting there shouldn't be romance without finance......in other words,boys should exchange money for sex ....either through gifts or actual cash....
either way we paying for sex....so to speak.
somebody remind me of the word we use for a lady who exchanges intimacy for money .....

.ohh I remember... a pro/stitute
You make it seem like only the guy derives pleasure from intimacy
you go into a relationship for love.....don't get me wrong....when your gf. needs financial help you should assist ...but you should never say there's no romance without finance....except you're a pros/titute. ,sl/ut. or h/oe

get a job and make ur own money
out

3 Likes

Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by canalily(m): 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
ogugua88: True, but at the same time, I don't think a girl should chase only men with fat pockets or be discouraged by someone who isn't stable or wealthy. Today's circumstance(s) can be different tomorrow. I'd have no problem dating someone who wasn't financially stable, as long as stability is his goal and he's working towards it. Sometimes what he needs is motivation, and that motivation can be a woman.

If the guy is broke and a loafer, then pas possible.
Good talk! You are the only person who hav spoken lyk an evangelist! Kudo o o o shocked ! ! The kind of NETO C married his 9yrs old fiancee afta his first track! What else do we need in life other than MOTIVATION and true life partner? No condition is permanent in life. Lets encourage and support ourselvs! !
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by canalily(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
Inosenduatall: Everyone in this thread has spoken well. Ogugua you are a woman of virtue. But how many women are willing to support a man on his way to the top?

My simple suggestion to guys out there:

Rein in your d'iick and start thinking of how you can better your life and the lives of those around you. Those chicks you be chasing with the money your folks or relations gave you will leave you when a real man comes alone. A man of substance and value. Don't kid yourself. There is no romance without finance and no one wants to suffer.
cool watch ur tongue! ! Go and read the book of JOB CHAP 2.
Re: Romance Without Finance Is A Nuisance by canalily(m): 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
ACM10:

Why not castrate them because they are poor? Your post reeks of arrogance. Someone who had a humble beginning will not make this comment. For God's sake, those people are not poor by their own design. Failure of the government to perform its most basic functions condemned those people into the life of poverty and misery. The fact that they are poor do not mean that you should deny them their freedom to make choice. I don't share your view brother. I have no right to pokenose into the affairs of two consensual adults.
undecided Gbam !! !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If You were To Pick A Date On NL Who Would It Be? / A Nairalander Pre Wedding Pictures / Yoruba Girls And Big Ass # Case Study Ogun State Location Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.