Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,344 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong (41192 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Finally Pastor E A Adeboye Got His Name Crested On A Coca-cola Plastic bottle / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by IGBOSON1: 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
Our own priority in Nigeria is owning jets, breaking heads with mace, fighting for 2015 elections and building bigger auditoriums. Is it not clear why we are not developing as a country?

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by JERRYMAG4(m): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
So who told you that RCCG dont support health care or charity? So worshipers should sit in th3 rain or under the sun? Or are u suggesting that we should stop worshiping our creator? Honestly, i cant see any sense in this post. What has been ur own conttribution to ur immediate society?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by badmeat(m): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
what happened to previous donated money?people pay tithes don't they?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by judedwriter(m): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
If Adeboye heard from God 2 start dis project; all of u criticizing him r wasting ur time. But if dis project is from selfish motives; it won't stand d test of time.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by pkween(f): 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
bknight: Can pastors adeboye, oyakhilome, ashimolowo, adeyemi etc carry handheld public address system and go with legs preaching under d rain and sun on d streets in some remote village somewhere?
bro God bless u.Winning souls was and is still the first assignment given to the church and not building auditoriums.Y not donnate money to help missionaries carry the goodnews too the world instaed of just feeling comfortable in one auditorium
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by muzeze77: 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
If Nigeria really had Men of God, that country would have been better than it is, A lot of people donating this money stole it, so how do you expect your prayers to be answered, when hospitals don't have Cat scan machines and the poor are giving up the ghost everyday because they can't afford health care, A jet that all this So-called "men of God" are using can pay for an hospital

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by skimarvel: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Diz wot av got to say
-Imagine d kind of stampede that will happen if d whole church was asked to c d secretary(d secretary na robot)..
-did he point a gun to ur forehead wen we asked 4 d donation..
Concerning d people who re given seats @ the front during services...The book of proverbs says 'SEETH DOU A MAN DILLIGENT IN HIS BUSINESS HE SHALL SIT BEFORE KINGS ND NOT ORDINARY MEAN MEN'..
I HOPE DIZ SINKS INTO D HEADS OF MEN WIT 'LITTLE BRAIN'
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by magkhan(f): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
nijanigga:
Look at another Nigerian bigot, and may claimed to be a first class graduate, looking at your level of reasoning, no wonder Nigeria's certificates are garbage.
Example; "'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '..." Solomon/David did not steal people's money, Oyedepo just got 11Million naira as share of loot. Same thing for anybody donating 1Billion for auditorium.

I will let this insult slide...because your brain can't comprehend the fact that there are people who do honest work and have much more than 10bn just sleeping in their accounts.don't let poverty cloud your brain.however anyone wants to spend their money is none of your business.they ain't complaining yet you and many others here are seriously swallowing Panadols for other people's headache..
back to king David,last I checked he had no job.just a ruler.Solomon put the people to labor for the building of the temple....translation,the people contributed be it money or labor....they donated
sir frosbel...it's true that God lives in my heart but you see people like me need to attend church continuously in order to be steadfast and never derail from my goal...Heaven At Last
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by theSpark(m): 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Some people are mentioning that the money raised for building the church should have been used for the poor. Well you guys remind me of Judas who complained that an expensive perfume was used to annoint Jesus' feet, when the money could have been given been given to poor peeps. Some guys never do anythng for the less priviledge yet they bandy the issue of charity about.

Secondly the G.O was addressing his members. Do you even know why those donating huge sums are to see his secretary? Who knows it could be to vet the donor and his source.

I see no reason why the church shouldn't be built. The way I see it, its not a luxury building they are pursuing. They want a larger shelter.

Finally, talking of polio in Nigeria, I believe money isn't the issue, just some people with bad attitudes. Some guys in the North reject the FREE vaccine. Some believe its a plan to make the Northerners sterile. So for those ones, no matter how much money we put there they wudnt allow their kids get immunized. We wud rather just hope the wild polio virus dsnt catch up with them.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by negbenebor(f): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Building an auditorium to me is nt bad since the present place can't accommodate everyone.maybe he wants to them to see him to ask dem their source of money to kw whether to collect d money if nt hmm am spechless.In nigeria tb joshua is one MOG I respect 4 his humility and intrest in the poor
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Originalsly: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
bknight: Can pastors adeboye, oyakhilome, ashimolowo, adeyemi etc carry handheld public address system and go with legs preaching under d rain and sun on d streets in some remote village somewhere?
Blasphemy!...how dare you even entertain such a thought as Pastor Adeboye troding the unpaved streets of a village amongst barefooted raggedy wrapper clad peasants and unleashed lowly animals?...and pitching his voice through common hand held PA system? Are you nuts? Abeg...go seek deliverance before ehmmm...devil bend your neck.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
1billion from 10 people!!! shocked shocked shocked.. even the light rail project and the Benin-ibadan express way!!! mehn pastors are making more money than politicians now oo.. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
Originalsly: Blasphemy!...how dare you even entertain such a thought as Pastor Adeboye troding the unpaved streets of a village amongst barefooted raggedy wrapper clad peasants and unleashed lowly animals?...and pitching his voice through common hand held PA system? Are you nuts? Abeg...go seek deliverance before ehmmm...devil bend your neck.

If jesus could do it, who is pastor adeboye? undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by luluosas(m): 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan: Op...are you saying that building an auditorium for the glory of God is not a worthy cause?
so it's better to just have a building where most worshipers will be exposed to nature hazard while worshipping God?
king David said 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
the pastor did not say steal and come donate,any who does that is only answerable to God...
Even if pastor Adeboye wants to build the biggest church in Africa,the gates of hell shall not prevail against him neither will it collapse because some people donate ill gotten money...
God said to Abraham if I Find 10 godly people,I will not destroy sodom...same with the church
My former Parish of RCCG closed up as a result of the parish inability to pay N1,000 monthly rental. Is it strange to you? If yes then, I am sorry you don't know RCCG.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Kgdavid(m): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan:

I will let this insult slide...because your brain can't comprehend the fact that there are people who do honest work and have much more than 10bn just sleeping in their accounts.don't let poverty cloud your brain.however anyone wants to spend their money is none of your business.they ain't complaining yet you and many others here are seriously swallowing Panadols for other people's headache..
back to king David,last I checked he had no job.just a ruler.Solomon put the people to labor for the building of the temple....translation,the people contributed be it money or labor....they donated
sir frosbel...it's true that God lives in my heart but you see people like me need to attend church continuously in order to be steadfast and never derail from my goal...Heaven At Last

thats like saying the president of a country does not have a job?? come on now. i have wanted to stay away from this argument but let me contribute my own two cents

1. it is not ideal to have a large congregation under one roof in the first place...i feel this may obstruct true fellowship which is the true purpose of gathering as beilievers.

2. raising such money to enlarge or build a new building may not be the most pressing need. Jesus never built a sanctuary even though he had multitudes coming to listen to him. why? because the church is not meant to be stationary, apostles are to GO. action word, means move not stay in one place.

3. somewhat unconnected to this issue but i tell you if just one of these big churchs would stand up and say so and so in society is wrong and call its members to protest against it, we would see progress. why is the church unconcerned with the society when we intrinsically intertwined? it is because christians have turned church into a place where we go to to escape the harsh realities of life in nigeria. we go to church to pray for change and to be happy for 2-3 hours but once service is over, its back to the same old harsh reality of nigeria. if christians are suffering in poverty i don't expect pastors to offer the solution of paying more tithes and offerings rather i expect pastors to be able to challenge the government to change the conditions for the people. all these pastors are well educated! what is their excuse? you can call for huge crusades, nation wide day of prayer so why can't you mobilize the people to stand up for their rights? Dr Martin Luther king jr whom many of you may not also know as Reverend Martin Luther King Jr is the perfect example of a man of God who did not merely present church as a place of escape but he knew that the church had power and he used it to practically show God's love to the world. as a redeemed church member and alumni of redeemers high school, Pastor Adeboye sir, a huge building is not what we need right now unless the 40% of unemployed youth in nigeria are goin to be permanently employed therein.

that is unless it was a directive from God, in which case my own mouth no dey dr. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by bebechuks: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ok now
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by JaaizTech: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
I am more concerned about that Nigerian that would donate 1 billion naira. I really want to know whom that person would be.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by IGBOSON1: 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
bad meat: what happened to previous donated money?people pay tithes don't they?

^^^To own private Jet you think say na beans?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by EmmanuellaAop: 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
God dwells in the midst of his people, he needs no physical temples any more....
God lives in ur heart nd not ur church...
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by ibedun: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan:

PLEASE SIR, COULD YOU NAME ME ONE PERSON IN NIGERIA WHO HAS N10BILLION FROM HONEST WORK? JUST ONE PERSON AND THE WORK THE PERSON DOES. PLEASE SIR

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by oofiliaaron(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
nne3870: Gullible africans!
Raising money to build 'another' auditorium whereas more than 14million graduates are unemployed.
Why not organise a seminar to raise 1billion naira to empower the youths in his church?
May be after building the billion naira auditorium God himself will be so sad about the kind of money used to build it and God may never visit or recognise the road to the church.

Christians be wise and don't allow yourselves to be victims of this madness. If you want to sow seed, look for someone who really needs it and bless the soul, don't give it to ya pastor to build 'ANOTHER' auditorium.
. Nice one
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by luluosas(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
I am a member of RCCG but, when I first saw the news, I was taken aback. Don't misinterpret me please!
I am 100 percent in support for building a new auditorium but, I am also 100 percent against the process to raise this money by our pastor.
Reason: Even if the wealthy members and would-be donors are wealthy legally, chances are that the outside world will not appreciate the genuineness of those money, owing to the fact that, there more poor people in the society than the rich, even within the same RCCG circle. Why?
If a single Nigerian individual, no matter how rich he/she may be can peacefully and freely donate N1,000,000,000 (1 billion naira) to a church for whatever reason, under whatever circumstances, then, Nigeria is not supposed to be termed poor or developing nation.
In summary, the church has lost its focus and objective. Thank you.
If you want to crucify me, remember, truth must be told especially when there are some RCCG parishes that can be mistaken for a pig house elsewhere.

5 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by jaytee01(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nobody who worked at any HONEST business can donate 1 billion for dat project because he knows....Its not being small minded. By the way, I hope that the donors of the billions n hundreds of millions have been reading newspapers and see the pathetic cases of indigent Nigerians who need a few thousands or millions to undergo life saving surgery and treatment. Abi donating to such a cause no dey attract blessings?

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by otian: 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
i need to consult my heavenly father to show us who is who among this pastors
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Thier are some articles/threads on nairaland that generate thought provoking posts/comments, this happens to be one of them! abeg Nairalanders re just too inteligent jor.

minus @otian's post doe.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by tomzman: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
I was thinking 'what's the fuss about building a new auditorium' until I read the full story. Well, all I can say is that the Lord knows those who are his.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by lolaxavier(m): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Thief thief thief...Catch Adebole...Oga park well...
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by otian: 10:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
.mumu ofour time,highest mungu of pastors
ibedun:

PLEASE SIR, COULD YOU NAME ME ONE PERSON IN NIGERIA WHO HAS N10BILLION FROM HONEST WORK? JUST ONE PERSON AND THE WORK THE PERSON DOES. PLEASE SIR
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
U guys should mind ur bizness nd face ur own lives hw is d proposed auditorium ur headache? Are u God, shallow minded people indeed..
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Perle(f): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
Donmams:
Stupid argument. So he did not ask anyone to steal. Granted. He only subtly encouraged it. Daddy GO needs 10 persons to contribute 10 billion naira. Did you bother to ask who those billionaires are? It is only in Nigeria people donate billions while they don't own a single stall in the market. It is only in Nigeria where civil servants are billionaires. It is only in Nigeria where we have 'silent billionaires': people who nobody knows their source of stupendous wealth. Most unfortunate, some people come to NairaLand to justify criminality of the highest order. This Daddy GO and his silent billionaires will all have their day in jail. Time is coming.

May God forgive you. Amen. I really pity you with this your statement
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
queen_labisi: U guys should mind ur bizness nd face ur own lives hw is d proposed auditorium ur headache? Are u God, shallow minded people indeed..
u better go and sleep, ua way pass ur bed time.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by CaptainPlanet(m): 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan: 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
....dz soundz more lyk 'giving d pastor wat costs yu nufin'...coz a thoroughly luk @ d situations, "THIS SIDE IS FOR THE RICH" sign wuld be imminient..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Singers With Highest Followers On Instagram / Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings / Pastor Charles Osazuwa: It Is A Sin To Be A Tenant In A Rented Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.