Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,360 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong (41193 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Finally Pastor E A Adeboye Got His Name Crested On A Coca-cola Plastic bottle / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by ugoezeik(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan: Op...are you saying that building an auditorium for the glory of God is not a worthy cause?
so it's better to just have a building where most worshipers will be exposed to nature hazard while worshipping God?
king David said 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
the pastor did not say steal and come donate,any who does that is only answerable to God...
Even if pastor Adeboye wants to build the biggest church in Africa,the gates of hell shall not prevail against him neither will it collapse because some people donate ill gotten money...
God said to Abraham if I Find 10 godly people,I will not destroy sodom...same with the church
so wats ur point Mr
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Seyidlc(m): 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Some peeps though!!...RCCG is of God...directed by man on earth..'Pastor Adeboye...lemme also add...during every convention RCCG feeds it's members everyday....also,we need a new camp for..1)a larger auditorium for members.2) the other auditoriums will serve as an open lodge for those who can't afford accomodation .nt as if dy r poor.but with d ever increasing members,accomodation space is minimal...@op...mind you nt as if those dat give #100 n don't see the personal secretary r left out..it is only God who rewards...givin a billion N̶̲̥̅̊☺ easy oo...lol

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by manalejo(m): 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
I wont be a party to condemning the Lord's annointed
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by adaxme(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
THEY JUST MADE JESUS AN HOLY ATM ..
IF SAINT PAUL WOULD HAVE BEEN AROUND THIS WOULD BE TOTAL DISGRACE TO HIM
Jesus christ said feed my lamb and not milk them
they people r just ignorant refusing to see the truth
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by onlyme07(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
queen_labisi-U guys should mind ur bizness nd face ur own lives hw is d proposed auditorium ur headache? Are u God, shallow minded people indeed..

Another MUMU here, a country of about 14million unemployed graduates,no infastracture, high mortality rate,education grounded,poor getting poorer, rich getting richer and someone is around donating N1billion to church project and you think YOU are not sick by asking why the uproar.

If i may ask..have you witnessed poverty or hunger..check your village and ask. Are you employed? Seems your dad got that job for you and if you are in school are you not tired of ASUU/Asup strike? I guess you are in Redeemer's Uni or else you would put on your thinking cap,and ferme la bouche.

We are talking of N1billion..do you know maths at all? That your man don suffer for your hand,you are after his money abi?...God don catch you.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
mikelreal: u better go and sleep, ua way pass ur bed time.
u need d sleep more.. Hypocrites
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
onlyme07: queen_labisi-U guys should mind ur bizness nd face ur own lives hw is d proposed auditorium ur headache? Are u God, shallow minded people indeed..

Another MUMU here, a country of about 14million unemployed graduates,no infastracture, high mortality rate,education grounded,poor getting poorer, rich getting richer and someone is around donating N1billion to church project and you think YOU are not sick by asking why the uproar.

If i may ask..have you witnessed poverty or hunger..check your village and ask. Are you employed? Seems your dad got that job for you and if you are in school are you not tired of ASUU/Asup strike? I guess you are in Redeemer's Uni or else you would put on your thinking cap,and ferme la bouche.

We are talking of N1billion..do you know maths at all? That your man don suffer for your hand,you are after his money abi?...God don catch you.
Ure d dim-wit here, everyone should go out nd hustle nd stop lamentin, lazy fools, face the govt wit dose issues abeg, whoever can afford to donate 1billion worked for it nd his free to do whatever pleases him, Go nd work 4urs nd stop the tantrum
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
@Op
I have a question for you: if you are a Pastor and you want a building for your congregation, please can you tell me where and how you raise the money to build it. Comparing a Church project and activity with Bill/Belinder Gate foundation or Dankote etc doesn't make sense. They don't serve the same Master or purpose. Church's agenda and responsibility are totally different.
But tell me how u will raise fund if u are a Pastor in need if a building for your congregation.
Finally, the most fruitless and frustrating thing to do is to criticise a Church and its activity. Biblically, you only warn, correct or reprimand a Church or a Man of God when you are under strict instruction to do so and this instruction will normally come from the founder and owner of the church-Jesus Christ. It only takes a prophet to reprimand a prophet. Anything other than that is just plain danger. The World may hail you when you openly criticise a church and its activity, but ask yourself what the Head of the Church will think about you. Will He commend you? Judge from the peace or lack of it you have when you do so, but I very much doubt it,
God bless you.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan:

I will let this insult slide...because your brain can't comprehend the fact that there are people who do honest work and have much more than 10bn just sleeping in their accounts. don't let poverty cloud your brain.

These is the sort of vacuous character that makes some of you seem overly gullible, shallow, and impervious to reason. Which Nigerian do you know that has N10b "sleeping" in his or her account, courtesy of their "honest work"? Do you know what honest work REALLY means?

No wonder you people are so easy to deceive.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by onlyme07(m): 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
queen_labisi: Ure d dim-wit here, everyone should go out nd hustle nd stop lamentin, lazy fools, face the govt wit dose issues abeg, whoever can afford to donate 1billion worked for it nd his free to do whatever pleases him, Go nd work 4urs nd stop the tantrum

How i wish EFCC ain't a toothless bulldog,we need to know the source. I would like to know the 'rich' man or woman or would donate such. Don't forget the rich don't come to church if they do, they are looking for something (power,fame) in return.

Please do something..buy an exercise book and start writing 1 - 1,000,000,000, its just to show how tedious it is to get that money and you get nothing in return.

Be sincere,mention 5people that can donate that cash without any alterior motive and i would give you 20 people who can donate with the hope of getting something.

Don't be an hyporcrite young lady. The auditorium is not why i'm vexing but the mode of raising the funds haba...

"see my personal secretary"...Wrong

"make sure you participate"..Good
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
theSpark: Some people are mentioning that the money raised for building the church should have been used for the poor. Well you guys remind me of Judas who complained that an expensive perfume was used to annoint Jesus' feet, when the money could have been given been given to poor peeps. Some guys never do anythng for the less priviledge yet they bandy the issue of charity about.

Secondly the G.O was addressing his members. Do you even know why those donating huge sums are to see his secretary? Who knows it could be to vet the donor and his source.

I see no reason why the church shouldn't be built. The way I see it, its not a luxury building they are pursuing. They want a larger shelter.

Finally, talking of polio in Nigeria, I believe money isn't the issue, just some people with bad attitudes. Some guys in the North reject the FREE vaccine. Some believe its a plan to make the Northerners sterile. So for those ones, no matter how much money we put there they wudnt allow their kids get immunized. We wud rather just hope the wild polio virus dsnt catch up with them.

I think you have a point by saying that the Polio issue is more to do with attitude and less to do with money....

That being said, I'm still of the opinion that churches need to do more in areas of charity, especially in a country where greed reigns supreme.

In most churches in Nigeria, you hardly hear of pastors raising money to help the needy. What is mostly heard of are funds needed to expand and build more branches; very synonymous to a business venture setting up branches so as to rake in more revenue.

All nairalanders that vehemently defend their pastors, how often do your pastors say to you lots that you should sow seed for widows, orphans, the poor, the homeless, etc?

Some people might say.....hey bro, hold on!!! Why do you want to saddle government's responsibilities on churches?

The answer is simple... Government comes from the people and if the people are church-goers, then the church(mosque) is the right place to start any reform.

These responsibilities we think the church is saddled with will only inspire our future generation to love, be modest and always do what is fair.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
What is rong in cing his PA, of kors to donate dat kind of money will require some procedures....1 Corintians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren,
be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the
work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your
labour is not in vain in the Lord.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by onlyme07(m): 12:08am On Aug 16, 2013
EBK2: @Op
I have a question for you: if you are a Pastor and you want a building for your congregation, please can you tell me where and how you raise the money to build it. Comparing a Church project and activity with Bill/Belinder Gate foundation or Dankote etc doesn't make sense. They don't serve the same Master or purpose. Church's agenda and responsibility are totally different.
But tell me how u will raise fund if u are a Pastor in need if a building for your congregation.
Finally, the most fruitless and frustrating thing to do is to criticise a Church and its activity. Biblically, you only warn, correct or reprimand a Church or a Man of God when you are under strict instruction to do so and this instruction will normally come from the founder and owner of the church-Jesus Christ. It only takes a prophet to reprimand a prophet. Anything other than that is just plain danger. The World may hail you when you openly criticise a church and its activity, but ask yourself what the Head of the Church will think about you. Will He commend you? Judge from the peace or lack of it you have when you do so, but I very much doubt it,
God bless you.
Thanks.

Very easy for Redeem and other big churches with large population.. " Followers,we are planning to build a new auditorium and we would need N...zillion. We would want each and everyone to participate..you give some passages in the bible on "giving" and its importance ( am not a pastor). N1000 is okay and if you have more towards the work of GOD, kindly do so and if you don't have that amount, just make sure you participate #ğbam#.

The population is there for you,within a twinkle of an eye believe me,N1m checks would be flying around. And you forget about the N1000 notes jumping over the other. Simple as A, B, C
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by success9(m): 12:09am On Aug 16, 2013
nijanigga:
This one worship Adeboye than Jesus. The writer gave an example of a cheerful poor woman, who gave her last penny.

Whats ur problem wit dat? Go and sow ur last as well so u can be well spoken of by JESUS
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by success9(m): 12:21am On Aug 16, 2013
obo_man:

I think you have a point by saying that the Polio issue is more to do with attitude and less to do with money....

That being said, I'm still of the opinion that churches need to do more in areas of charity, especially in a country where greed reigns supreme.

In most churches in Nigeria, you hardly hear of pastors raising money to help the needy. What is mostly heard of are funds needed to expand and build more branches; very synonymous to a business venture setting up branches so as to rake in more revenue.

All nairalanders that vehemently defend their pastors, how often do your pastors say to you lots that you should sow seed for widows, orphans, the poor, the homeless, etc?

Some people might say.....hey bro, hold on!!! Why do you want to saddle government's responsibilities on churches?

The answer is simple... Government comes from the people and if the people are church-goers, then the church(mosque) is the right place to start any reform.

These responsibilities we think the church is saddled with will only inspire our future generation to love, be modest and always do what is fair.

Go to winners.., welfare offering is collected monthly. Do people receeive this assistance? Yes but few. Why few? Cos people don't put themselves up for it
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by success9(m): 12:21am On Aug 16, 2013
obo_man:

Go to winners.., welfare offering is collected monthly. Do people receeive this assistance? Yes but few. Why few? Cos people don't put themselves up for it
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by onlyme07(m): 12:24am On Aug 16, 2013
obo_man:

I agree with you but since we have bad leaders and the last hope for a common man is now the church and pastors,why can't they assist the govt where it has failed.? At least there is nothing bad in having the biggest hospital in Africa,tooth pick companies,press botton manufacturers...etc If you know a rich man,preach to him how he can help the govt or help the congregation not for an auditorium that serves no purpose that to collect whenever a service is held. Minus me sha..Nigerian MUMU na 499million.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by bknight: 12:26am On Aug 16, 2013
Originalsly: Blasphemy!...how dare you even entertain such a thought as Pastor Adeboye troding the unpaved streets of a village amongst barefooted raggedy wrapper clad peasants and unleashed lowly animals?...and pitching his voice through common hand held PA system?...

Lol! Very sly

2 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by meta4(m): 12:34am On Aug 16, 2013
Marine*etyon:
Everything taste bitter in the mouth of the poor.

people who don't contribute a dime, complain the most.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by bknight: 12:40am On Aug 16, 2013
Gombs:

If you thinj those men didn't do all this, you are a joker. Did you think they all started this big?

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by doclan: 12:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Wow... Nigeria motivational speakers dat are refered to as pastors or even daddy.. Nawa oo when are we going to get dr? He wana build a 3km auditorium and wants members to sow seed... Hmmm why nt wonder why He is nt sowing first? Coz He is the ultimate reaper of ur seed.. Rich men dat ve manauvered desperate Nigerians, God is patient.. I comment my reserve.. Catch ya again.. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by bunmit(m): 1:07am On Aug 16, 2013
moscobabs: 'hunnmmmmmnnn..'oro po ninu iwe kobo.don't let me say a 'WORD'to avoid sin

wise man, do nt judge lest u r judge
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by bunmit(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2013
frosbel:

where 2 or 3 are gathered, Jesus is present.

Following the model of the early church , there is no need for bigger buildings, we need people with big hearts for the cause of Christ.

so if there is crowd, some of them shd be turned back?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by adconline(m): 1:58am On Aug 16, 2013
Nigeria got independence in 1960; and has not exported anything but religious extremism. India got independence in 1947 and now makes and exports Tata, Jaquar, Range Rover; has sent a rocket to space; has built an aircraft carrier warship.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Flygerian1(m): 4:16am On Aug 16, 2013
NIGERIANS - Suffering and smilling at the same damn time.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Lucasbalo(m): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2013
The op is 100percent correct. Kudos to him. How many members of these so called Christian universities can afford to send their children to this colleges ?. There is a particular pastor with one of the best universities in Nigeria and probably one of the most expensive too. Guess what, his two sons went to Oral Roberts university in Oklahoma. How come his children can't go to his highly rated university in Nigeria ?. Something baffles the mind. Go to any country in the Western world, you can hardly find a church in a prosperous neighbourhood, but go to the ghettos, its overwhelmed with churches. This is a very painful topic to because I think of myself as a Christian. The only thing is that I do not follow anyone blindly.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by vladimiros: 6:52am On Aug 16, 2013
TO THE MUMUS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND

that 10 Billion can be used by reedemed to open a new heart surgery hospital for memebers who can~t afford it..

simple..
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Yourbest(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Where you got it all wrong
firstly,I would assume you are a christain.so I see no reason why you should not let God be the judge and decide to take his position on this
secondly, I didn't hear him say is not possible to see his secretary if you are donating 100naira either so why will you just assume what you don't actually know?
thirdly let's be realistic if everyone donating was to see his secretary don't you think it will render that office useless for days with the crowd
fourthly with our present economy I don't think 1 billion or 100million can be transferred to any accounts without some clarifications or something of such nature.i guess that's why he asked for a personal meeting
lastly for those saying it should be used for this or that instead 'seek ye the kingdom of God and all other things' including the employment you are after will be added to you.....meditate on this. I have to run now.Good morning this morning
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by obayaya(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2013
the battle rages on.. here is my question, how many honest Nigerians can donate 1 billion naira? I mean Nigerians with honest means not politicians and business men with political ties.

and if you find that person, try and figure out if his annual net profit is up to a billion naira. and then check around for what he has done as CSR..

3 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by drajjay: 7:57am On Aug 16, 2013
queen_labisi: What is rong in cing his PA, of kors to donate dat kind of money will require some procedures....1 Corintians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren,
be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the
work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your
labour is not in vain in the Lord.
for ur information christains don't live poor .if it pains you so much that billions are being donated then i advise you stop being a ' bad belle'and become a christain so you will start making ur billions just stop your envy lest God become angry wit you.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Rosejefrey(f): 8:04am On Aug 16, 2013
Dnt 4get dat d bible says d widow gave all she has dat was y its was written nd also d bible says d measure u give.....u no d rest.nd also if u give 2 God witout grudge nd ur holy u dnt ned 2 bother about heart foundation.read malachi 3:8-12.giving 2 God is 4 ur own Good nd 4 d fact dat u dnt believe in kingdom investment it wont work 4 u.so leave dose dat believe in it 2 paticipate nd dey would prospers more.during solomon time day built churches wit gold.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by kollyso(m): 8:43am On Aug 16, 2013
The more I try to restrain myself from making any contribution on this topic in order not 2 be seen as ignorantly judging others, the more I get compelled to lay bear my own angle on the issue. These men of God are mere mortals like us whose actions or sayings at times could be somehow not in tune with the present situation or reality as the case may be and therefore subjected to being called to order at some point or another. Yeah Daddy G.O is very knowledgable, highly spiritual and all that but he's bound to be vulnerable errors too just like us. And we should then not allow our unalloyed love for him to becloud our judgemental reasoning. Agreed, the place is getting smaller for the congregation as it seemed but what gives the impression that the proposed expanded version will not get to the same unaccomodating level someday as a result of upsurge? And on the part that has to do with financing the project in which some proposed donors' categories are to see Papa's personal secretary, I will rather prefer an account is opened to this effect where all and sundry willing to make their donations be rightly referred to in order not to create impression that some people are really more important than others in the sight of God. More importantly, the school of thought that suggest that such donations should be demanded more for economic upliftings of the less-privileged viz-a-viz creation of Industry/company where some jobless youths are gainfully employed will always get my nod! By and large, I will implore the generality of this intellectual house not to resort to calling one another various names in order to make a point. We will always see issues differently no matter how ridiculous it may look or sound. In fact, a cacophony of alarm should be sounded at blaring level the moment issues are seen as same by all of us. I rise!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Singers With Highest Followers On Instagram / Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings / Pastor Charles Osazuwa: It Is A Sin To Be A Tenant In A Rented Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.