Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong (41189 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Finally Pastor E A Adeboye Got His Name Crested On A Coca-cola Plastic bottle / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Akiika: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
moscobabs: 'hunnmmmmmnnn..'oro po ninu iwe kobo.don't let me say a 'WORD'to avoid sin
Dem don brainwash una seriously o!!!!
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by motherofpearl: 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Judgment will start in the house of God!!! many believers have missed the mark, all becos of love for money...lack of love is the order of the day. christianity is practical: clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, caring for the sick. God forgive ur church!!

4 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by itoese(m): 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Even if Pst E. A Adeboye commits all the money in RCCG to feed the hungry, it will not be enough. There will always be poor among us, even in Bill Gates country. Poverty eradication is not what one rich individual or organization can eradicate. We all can do something to help. Follow Jesus teaching: He who has should share with those who have not. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
mother-of-pearl:
Judgment will start in the house of God!!! many believers have missed the mark, all becos of love for money...lack of love is the order of the day. christianity is practical: clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, caring for the sick. God forgive ur church!!

Thanks sister.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by sage2(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia: So tell me, charities aside, when last have you seen people of all social strata donating for say a city hall, library, public wi-fi hotspot, emergency centres or research institutes. Been long. If it isn't it surely wasn't major if not it would be in the news and so be likely to reach me. If Christians do more of these things I would criticize opponents the same way I criticized simpletons who condemn the work Oyedepo did in the form of Covenant and Landmark universities. We spend so much on religious stuff and I fear it is to the detriment of other sectors of our common needs.

The last time I check, Christianity is not the only religion in Nigeria. Christians are putting their money where they deem fit. Would you rather we buy bombs and sponsor the killing of women and children? Christians have built over 10 universities, hundreds of primary and secondary schools, and scores of hospitals. What have the other faiths done to improve society? The vast majority of takers and rent seekers are non Christians. Where are they taking all the money to. Christians are not your FG that will continue to do things for you.
How much does the governments, both states and federal spent on Christians to go on pilgrimage?
We built our Churches. The rest depend on governments to build most of their places of worship.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by kachy: 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
In the old testament, God actually dwelt in the temples that was a part called the holy of holies. That was why Solomon built the magnificent temple for God. But in the new testament, things changed because of the coming of Christ, and the issue of temple building was abandoned. I still wonder who the buildings are being constructed for these days. Anyway, its left for God to judge.

2 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by karpentar: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
Okoya: I will advice u to kneel down before ur God and ask for forgiveness. .. who are u to judge? huh? if daddy adegboye tells every1 to see his p.a, when do u think his p.a will finish with d collection? he tried to make d collection more easy and stress free and u come out here saying rubbish... besides can everyone hold his cheque book or dat kinda amount anywhere?

did he announced dat d blessings of those dat meets with d p.a will be higher dan those didn't?

abeg, u re jst so frustrated. ..smh 4 u!
tongue out
God forgive me!

You're committing blasphemy for calling adeboye daddy. The bible condemns that. Repent or perish in hell.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by k2039: 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
mirak01: Will u pls b civilize 4 once,4 baba tellin d donors of 200million above 2 see d sec is d normal and ideal tin,who else will he tell u 2 see.nt dat odas cant see G.O sec bt ds is just a project on ground and he needs d sec 2 take proper documentation,so dat he can № where he is going 2
Besides, the funds can also be easily traced.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by k2039: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
kachy: In the old testament, God actually dwelt in the temples that was a part called the holy of holies. That was why Solomon built the magnificent temple for God. But in the new testament, things changed because of the coming of Christ, and the issue of temple building was abandoned. I still wonder who the buildings are being constructed for these days. Anyway, its left for God to judge.
So christians are suppose to meet under iroko trees or bamboo carved hut, mtchew.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by babakb: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Another name for Christianity, Freedom to Sin.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by k2039: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
itoese: Even if Pst E. A Adeboye commits all the money in RCCG to feed the hungry, it will not be enough. There will always be poor among us, even in Bill Gates country. Poverty eradication is not what one rich individual or organization can eradicate. We all can do something to help. Follow Jesus teaching: He who has should share with those who have not. God bless Nigeria.
In fact if all the money in the world were pumped into Nigeria, I can authoritatively tell you that after a year, the number of poor people will go back to how it was. The poverty mindset of most Nigerians is alarming and mind blowing.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Akiika: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
The descendants of PAUL that concocted the brand of christianity Adeboye and Co. have turned to business empire should really demand from Adeboye for a cut off of the business empire.
Unbelievable, this is simply modern day slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by ladygogo: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
embarassed cry lipsrsealed
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by ohye(f): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
All 9ja pastor's re criminals 4rm A 2 Z, none of them can dciv me. Rubish
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Akiika: The descendants of PAUL that concocted the brand of christianity Adeboye and Co. have turned to business empire should really demand from Adeboye for a cut off of the business empire.
Unbelievable, this is simply modern day slavery.

Be informed , stop making ignorant comments as per bolded.

smiley
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Akiika: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
sage_:

The last time I check, Christianity is not the only religion in Nigeria. Christians are putting their money where they deem fit. Would you rather we buy bombs and sponsor the killing of women and children? Christians have built over 10 universities, hundreds of primary and secondary schools, and scores of hospitals. What have the other faiths done to improve society? The vast majority of takers and rent seekers are non Christians. Where are they taking all the money to. Christians are not your FG that will continue to do things for you.
How much does the governments, both states and federal spent on Christians to go on pilgrimage?
We built our Churches. The rest depend on governments to build most of their places of worship.

Lame argument! brainwashed and enslaved African. Shine your eyes!
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by babakb: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
if not why would the pope say he cant call gay and lesbians sinners, the bible the Christians claim to follow condemns gay hence the famous story of soddom and gommorah, yes only GOD can judge and he has judged that gay are sinners so whats the pope saying, the west have gotten to him and they want to use Christianity to legalize gay world wide, no wonder the former pope resigned, adeboye is a business man ready to get profit from any source i wonder why everyone is surprised.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Akiika: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

Be informed , stop making ignorant comments as per bolded.

smiley
Abeg educate me on who started christianity, was it Jesus or Apostle PAUL, donkey years after Jesus died?
You are the ignorant one, if you don't know the history of your religion.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Soreza(m): 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
Adeboye is of the lord yes,but let him focus more on the lifestyle of his members like the old days,its not a sin to build for God,but the amazing fact still stands,the priority of the church tins is 'HEAVEN' and when the church dont acheive that then.................lets fullstop there,let me stop there.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by macphilip: 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Am certain the following scene would have ensued after the N3Bn auditorium church project:

==================================================
Church Member: I want to see Pastor Adeboye?
Personal Secretary: What for?

church Member: I want to make my donation for the church project
Personal Secretary: How much are you donating to the work of God?

Church member: One hundred Naira
Personal Secretary: See your Parish pastor

=================================================

4 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Akiika:
Abeg educate me on who started christianity, was it Jesus or Apostle PAUL, donkey years after Jesus died.

Christianity as a religion was started by the Pagan emperor constantine and had nothing to do with Jesus.

Jesus did not come to start another dead sun or moon worshipping religion, he came to show the world the WAY to GOD , and the only WAY to salvation from this wicked world.

Jesus is the only hope for mankind, he is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE , no one can ever hope to receive grace or salvation through any other way.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by karo93: 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
@OP
ur just playing on people's sentiments

The former auditorium cn no more contain the growing number of God's children,what should they do?....send some members away?....or use gate fee to reduce the influx?.
.you donate to a church for the progress of evangelism not so the church will feed u if ur poor

2.the milloniares are meetin d secretary to make arrangements on hw dey gonna get d money paid cos unlike the 'N100 woman' dey cant carry it in der purse and drop it in offering bag.

If he wanted dem to feel big he ld ask dem to meet him in his personal house!
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by nwadaigbo: 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
these pentecostals are always thinking from their behind. Always misquoting d bible. Which one would christ had approved "building a magnificient auditorium or providing a means of livelihood for the poor. What was d essence of d story of good samaritan, if not to tell d importance of helping those in need than claiming being a levite. God is pleased with helping d poor than being a pastor. This is why they have brainwashed them in believing in all sort of casting and binding instead of hard work. In the old, words of God were written in stones, but now, it is writtten in d hearts of men. Yet, many still think, if they dont go and block lagos - ibadan expressway, they won't hear d word of God or God wont hear their prayer. Pentecostalism is synonymous with disorderliness, noise, confusion, extremism, fanaticism, to mention but a few. This is the reason why i had to walk away from my past relationship, bc, i would not want a situation whereby someone will return from their noisy gathering and tell me that pastor said that, witch do this or that, my papa in d villa is behind my predicament, my brother is planning to kill me, infact, d pastor says i should not marry you, that, you are not my wife. They disgust me. Spit

5 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by drnairalov: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
the thing i hate about redeem is that, they dnt take care of their smaller churches, they keep building branches every where, som re just with wood, nd the littl offering nd tithe that church wud gather, it must go 2 d headquarters, thus leaving d church with no money 2 develop....the headquarters enjoy almost everything..
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
nwadaigbo: these pentecostals are always thinking from their behind. Always misquoting d bible. Which one would christ had approved "building a magnificient auditorium or providing a means of livelihood for the poor. What was d essence of d story of good samaritan, if not to tell d importance of helping those in need than claiming being a levite. God is pleased with helping d poor than being a pastor. This is why they have brainwashed them in believing in all sort of casting and binding instead of hard work. In the old, words of God were written in stones, but now, it is writtten in d hearts of men. Yet, many still think, if they dont go and block lagos - ibadan expressway, they won't hear d word of God or God wont hear their prayer. Pentecostalism is synonymous with disorderliness, noise, confusion, extremism, fanaticism, to mention but a few. This is the reason why i had to walk away from my past relationship, bc, i would not want a situation whereby someone will return from their noisy gathering and tell me that pastor said that, witch do this or that, my papa in d villa is behind my predicament, my brother is planning to kill me, infact, d pastor says i should not marry you, that, you are not my wife. They disgust me. Spit

1000 LIKES.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Ilekokonit: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
But these "Gods of Men" get liver sha. Asking for 10 people to donate 1 billion Naira each in a country with more than 100 million deeply impoverished people coupled with billionaire treasury looters as our politicians in the run up to the 2015 elections.

Its either that these "Gods of Men" have too much liver or simply that they have no iota of conscience and are so heartless.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by elnath(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

And you left out verse 16

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Sheer hypocrisy. Don't ever say we worship MOG...like I said, we imitate/copy/follow them as heb 6v12 asked us to.
Go study what he said in 2corinth 6v10
King James Bible
"As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making
many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all
things."

Question is why you still questioning whr the monies will come from?

Mr. Gombs, where your head go when you wrote this comment? Be ye followers of me, right? Did you know the lifestyle of the Apostle Paul in the Bible? Surely, he is worthy of emulation. But the lifestyles of your Daddy GOs and MOGs today are pooh. @Frosbel, I don't usually comment here because I see so many religious fanatics and bigots here. And I've been having bouts of athritis lately. Someday we'll interact and exchange ideas. Keep up the good work.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by onozy(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
them for even try give scholarships to the people wey no fit afford school fees..... or do subsidy things on school fees.. lol
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by dasparrow: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan: Op...are you saying that building an auditorium for the glory of God is not a worthy cause?
so it's better to just have a building where most worshipers will be exposed to nature hazard while worshipping God?
king David said 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
the pastor did not say steal and come donate,any who does that is only answerable to God...
Even if pastor Adeboye wants to build the biggest church in Africa,the gates of hell shall not prevail against him neither will it collapse because some people donate ill gotten money...
God said to Abraham if I Find 10 godly people,I will not destroy sodom...same with the church

Trust me, there are hardly any godly people in Nigeria that is why the average Nigerian is: corrupt, money greedy and worships those with money while discriminating against those who don't have money. The average Nigerian is tribalistic and hateful and discriminates freely against fellow Nigerians based on financial status, marital status, parental status, tribe, religion, etc.

We keep building churches in every nook, cranny and corner in Nigeria including in residential areas thereby causing a lot of noise pollution and all yet I don't see a positive change in the average Nigerian. Rather, I see a group of people who are money greedy and have made money and properties their god.

The average Nigerian is morally bankrupt too as well as spiritually bankrupt that is why fornication and adultery is rampant in Nigeria. My bible says that not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' will enter into the kingdom of heaven. Likewise, my bible also says that God will not be mocked. Until I begin to see a positive change in the behavior of the average Nigerian Christians, I will not bother myself with most Nigerian churches or ministries talk less of donating to them.

8 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by rhymz(m): 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
This is exactly what breeds corruption. How can Adeboye ask people to contribute a billion naira? This country has lost morality, we have lost our sense of decency. Adeboye is a hypocrit and a smooth talking bible wielding conman, they are more interested in building magnificent edifices for boasting sake than the welfare of people.

Any man that consciously brings such amount of money to Adeboye's personal secretary should be investigated, no serious business person with decent means release such funds unless it is for serious business that will yield profit. In a country like Nigeria where we have emergency millionaires with corrupt means how many wealthy people can boast of such wealth coming from the efforts of their labour?
No need for Adeboye to be decieving people with his hypocritical gentle and humble MOG mien when he is in the business of courting corrupt money bags that are busy sucking this country dry.
Little wonder these so called MOG will never lend their voice to national issues that seek criticize or force government to be responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
dasparrow:

Trust me, there are hardly any godly people in Nigeria that is why the average Nigerian is: corrupt, money greedy and worships those with money while discriminating against those who don't have money. The average Nigerian is tribalistic and hateful and discriminates freely against fellow Nigerians based on financial status, marital status, parental status, tribe, religion, etc.

We keep building churches in every nook, cranny and corner in Nigeria including in residential areas thereby causing a lot of noise pollution and all yet I don't see a positive change in the average Nigerian. Rather, I see a group of people who are money greedy and have made money and properties their god.

The average Nigerian is morally bankrupt too as well as spiritually bankrupt that is why fornication and adultery is rampant in Nigeria. My bible says that not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' will enter into the kingdom of heaven. Likewise, my bible also says that God will not be mocked. Until I begin to see a positive change in the behavior of the average Nigerian Christians, I will not bother myself with most Nigerian churches or ministries talk less of donating to them.

another intelligent Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by dennisilupeju(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
In as much as I respct pst Adeboye I'm nt in agreement with d current news of callin 4 billions while in d congregation there some dnt knw ere nxt meal will come from,there is so much poverty nd umemplayment etc.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Singers With Highest Followers On Instagram / Pastor Charles Osazuwa: It Is A Sin To Be A Tenant In A Rented Apartment / The Meaning Of "The Violent Takes It By Force" In Matthew 12:11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.