Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37896 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by UyiIredia(m): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ critique101: SMH.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by chingydaboss(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
I so pity ur generation.. u beta don't talk Dan say wat u know nothing abt.

For me, d answer is yes... just obey, let earrings not b wat will tak u to hell.
Pain: Any God that will descend sow low to be concerned about trivialities like jewelries and even go to the length of casting people into an eternal soup of sulphur and brimstome for adorning it is definitely not the creator of the eternal soul.

It must be a very bitter fallen angel. You must be indeed wary of such a god.

May the Eternal GOD of PEACE find you and bear fruit in your lives dear over exploited africans. The massive exploitation of the our Continent in the 17-20th century by the Euro American Jews is over but the residue of the vapour they sold to us still remains dominant in the African Psyche. When will we realize that the Favoritism god Contraption of the Jews was a BIG LIE used to lay claim to the fruit of labour of other societies. One Day and I mean very soon all these charade will end.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by bknight: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
tosinsin: pls just watched a video about a woman you died and came back..what do u think?when you use jeweries,you go to hell

Ps did u edit the OP? Or are these confused words all we are supposed to react to? undecided
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Flamingsword029: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kindly study d ff Bible verses:Exo 33:1-6,Gen 35:1-4,2Kings 9:30,Isa 7:20,Hosea 2:13,1Tim 2:9-10,1Peter 3:3-5.Remember i said study,don't read.
Apart 4rm d facts above i would like u 2 realise dat most ppl like darkness more dan light,things of dis world more dan God,u choose 2 totally ignore wat God says just 2 suit ur style of living,but u know wat, dat is meant 2 happen,ppl like dat will always exist,but der judgement has already being determine not by man,but God and His word.If d ppl of d world culd deny demselves certain pleasures 2 serve a false god,how much more u dat r serving d living God.Lets just assume dat u av successfully convinced everybody dat it is not wrong,can u convince urself,can u change d word God.If u doubt dis text.wen u want 2 slip tell God 2 reveal 2 u d secret behind dis tins,since u r a child of God indeed remind God of His word promising u dat He will not misguide u or watch as u fall into hell.U must realise dat God sometimes liv ppl 2 a reprobate mind.I culd write more but a personal conviction wuld be more effective.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
Caracta: I've always wanted to give up my earrings but i need a strong push. I stopped using them for two years but had to go back to them. I am not crazy about them but i do not have plans to stop wearing them either.

Honestly, it is easier said than done.
Then, I welcome you to read this http://emwanta..com/2013/07/how-i-stopped-using-earrings-sister.html
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
So it's only women that wear earrings that she saw in hell hmmm? My questions: 1. Did she see homosexuals in hell? 2. Did she see men that wear jewelry in hell? 3. Is it only a particular church members that she saw in heaven while others are languishing in hell? 4. Did she walk on the streets of GOLD or on dusty roads in heaven?
The bible says "The Silver is mine & the Gold is mine says the Lord" (Haggai 2:8 ).
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Okeikpu(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
Wearing pants can take u to hell if u don't know, especially women sad religions don bend my pple finish... If we start dey build factories nd companyz lyke d wey we r building churches nd mosque all ova 9geria, life go beta 4u guys. 3rd world indeed!!

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
alpha conde: If wearing ear rings is a sin then putting on clothes is a sin. How can we be beautifying ourselves enhancing God s creation and one jerk comes to say its a sin. Any one who listens to that woman and believes her lacks education.
Which world are you coming from? Certainly not from this planet.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Tolustar(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
ayobase: This matter indeed called for attention walahi.

guy na u right pass.... me self na music
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Ewoma45(f): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
Buhahahahahaha dis is definitely d joke of the century
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by faboben10: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
Isaiah 3
vs18 'in that day d Lord wil tak away d bravery of their tinkling ornaments abt their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like d moon'.
Vs20 'the bonnets, and d ornaments of d legs, and d headbands, and d tablets, and d EARRINGS'.
vs21 'the rings, and nose jewels'
vs24 'and it shal come to pass that instead of sweet smell there shal be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness;and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty'.
KJV
dont tell me this is not in ur bible,
dont get confused.
Happy sunday to u all.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by segzicres(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt]maybe i skipped the part where he asked them to put them on.. pls interprete the bible the way it is, .......did jesus put on earings??....[/size]
WTH! Is this one saying? Jesus didnt use a bus, why are you using one? Jesus wore robes and not trousers n shirt, why are you wearing one? The list goes on and on. Abeg dont bring your very shallow thinking here.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PastorOla1: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
This is a ridiculous piece of nonsense.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by simpleseyi: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dreal1247: Pray for God to open your eyes and also to help you effect the change if necessary. I learnt from one of the confessions that when Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola stopped earrings, that was the year that many people made heaven. If God does not want it, why not let go of it. After all, whatsoever one cannot forgo for God's sake is considered idol or another god. The Lord God will surely see us through.

How can many people make and be in heaven when Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola stopped earrings? NONSENSE!! Nobody is in heaven, every dead man is in his grave and we be awoken on the Judgement Day when everyone will be judge. NOBODY is in heaven except God, Jesus, Angels, ELijah that ascended to heaven and probably few others. Stop reading the Bible from the back, it is not Quran that you read from back to front.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by olivegirl(f): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
igbeke: Where in d Holy Bible were we taught anything dat is against earrings?
Job was said to be a perfect and upright man before God. JOB1:1
Yet when God was.to restore him, EARRING OF GOLD was among the presents he was given. Job 42:11
Did u ever wonder what he did with them?
ask me and I.will tell u.
Are we supposed to kno The Bible.more than The Almighty God that gave it?
Well this is my opinion:
moderation is what the Holy Bible asked us to apply in everything we do.
Pls bible condemn it even braiding hair. Carry dread lock or your natural hair. God open my eyes and this was a god before to me. Again I curse anything that wish to put me in hell. 1 peter 2 till end. Gods gold is for us to build houses. And to illustrate how heaven is. I saw in vision that I didn't make rapture because of my hair. Even high heels is abominable to God. He told me when we wear all this things we call him imperfect. Bob marley(dread lock) type of hair is what God wants from judah
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by simpleseyi: 5:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
enatasha: So it's only women that wear earrings that she saw in hell hmmm? My questions: 1. Did she see homosexuals in hell? 2. Did she see men that wear jewelry in hell? 3. Is it only a particular church members that she saw in heaven while others are languishing in hell? 4. Did she walk on the streets of GOLD or on dusty roads in heaven?
The bible says "The Silver is mine & the Gold is mine says the Lord" (Haggai 2:8 ).

She saw nothing in hell. How can people be in hell? NONSENSE!! Nobody is in heaven or hell, every dead man is in his grave and we be awoken on the Judgement Day when everyone will be judged. NOBODY is in heaven except God, Jesus, Angels, Elijah that ascended to heaven and probably few others. And mind you the devil is not even in hell yet, God said He will throw the devil into Hell on Judgement Day. Stop reading the Bible from the back, it is not Quran that you read from back to front.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by addictiv(m): 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
segzi cres:
WTH! Is this one saying? Jesus didnt use a bus, why are you using one? Jesus wore robes and not trousers n shirt, why are you wearing one? The list goes on and on. Abeg dont bring your very shallow thinking here.
[size=14pt]Jesus used donkeys for transport which are equivalent to our cars . he wore robes which are equivalent to my shirt and trousers....jewelries well i know that they where there before he was born so he met them....if is was ok why didn't he wear them.....deep down you know whats right......we re called Christians our lifestyle is supposed to be Christ-like....so ask yourself what would Jesus do?[/size]
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by yetseyi(f): 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
hmmm
on my way 2 NYSC camp in YOLA I met with a lady dat doesn't use earrings I thought it was her church doctrine so I was surprised when she told me she attended foursquare. I then asked why doesnt she wear them she said it was a personal decision
After orientation camp my roommate in NCCF family awse was an Anglican nd she doesnt use jewelries in fact she only wears the khaki trousers wen she has @ go for CDS or to the secretariat not the way some of us xtians use the opportunity of NYSC to wear pencil shaped , bottom hugging khaki all in the name of its the Law of the land(note that you have an option of not shaping the khaki tight to show your shape ooooh coz I ve seen sistas d@ normally dont wear trousers then wear the worst bottom hugging khaki you could ever see). When I asked her why she doesnt use Jewelries since its not against her church doctrine she said its personal conviction. I just kept quiet. I was and still am A modest dresser but I just was not convinced that earring was some thing God didn't like. Mind you I attend a church where you are not supposed to wear all those things.

But now almost a year after my experience with my 2 friends above I listened to that testimony of Margaret and Linda , got it from a colleague nd that faithful day I had just fixed a weave that weekend. in fact I had saved the testimonies on my system but did not watch for more than 2weeks . So he now said have you watched I said no.luckily we both didnt have much to do that day. So we listened to Linda's first. I ve seen a lot of comments about the testimonies. but I just knew that it was the truth for days nd weeks I was so restless meanwhile my weave cost me a lot nd I just did not remove the thing. I first dropped the earrings oo and after I loosened the weave that was it. When I was in Junior secondary I once droped jewelries coz that was wat I was told and went back later but now I really have that conviction. Trust me people go talk. Let them talk.

What If its true that it can lead You 2 hell wouldnt you rather part with d jewelries, makeup,trousers etc.
But it takes a personal conviction. As for me I was not just at rest until I let go. I m hoping I ll throw them all away coz all my jewelries are still in my house. May be for me its not a big deal because Im not really 2much of a make up and a bling bling person I cant say. but it was a conviction in my heart that it was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by cutiepie01(f): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
cold:
Oh i see. So you where the architect that designed the 5th wing of the Angel Gabriel Quarters along Golden Avenue? Wow!That place is beautiful. Btw,how is Jesus doing? Last time we met it was at that bar along Angel Michael Boulevard. Kai but Jesus na badt guy grin
Please watch ur mouth,dont allow d anger of God come upon u.How dare u say dat Jesus who died 4 ur sins is a badt guy?Be very careful with ur choice of words o
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Thereishel: 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Of course it is an expressway to hell fire Bible Ref: 1Tm 2:9. IPet.3:3 and book of Isaiah 3:16-26. What proof do u need again!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
yetseyi: hmmm
on my way 2 NYSC camp in YOLA I met with a lady dat doesn't use earrings I thought it was her church doctrine so I was surprised when she told me she attended foursquare. I then asked why doesnt she wear them she said it was a personal decision
After orientation camp my roommate in NCCF family awse was an Anglican nd she doesnt use jewelries in fact she only wears the khaki trousers wen she has @ go for CDS or to the secretariat not the way some of us xtians use the opportunity of NYSC to wear pencil shaped , bottom hugging khaki all in the name of its the Law of the land(note that you have an option of not shaping the khaki tight to show your shape ooooh coz I ve seen sistas d@ normally dont wear trousers then wear the worst bottom hugging khaki you could ever see). When I asked her why she doesnt use Jewelries since its not against her church doctrine she said its personal conviction. I just kept quiet. I was and still am A modest dresser but I just was not convinced that earring was some thing God didn't like. Mind you I attend a church where you are not supposed to wear all those things.

But now almost a year after my experience with my 2 friends above I listened to that testimony of Margaret and Linda , got it from a colleague nd that faithful day I had just fixed a weave that weekend. in fact I had saved the testimonies on my system but did not watch for more than 2weeks . So he now said have you watched I said no.luckily we both didnt have much to do that day. So we listened to Linda's first. I ve seen a lot of comments about the testimonies. but I just knew that it was the truth for days nd weeks I was so restless meanwhile my weave cost me a lot nd I just did not remove the thing. I first dropped the earrings oo and after I loosened the weave that was it. When I was in Junior secondary I once droped jewelries coz that was wat I was told and went back later but now I really have that conviction. Trust me people go talk. Let them talk.

What If its true that it can lead You 2 hell wouldnt you rather part with d jewelries, makeup,trousers etc.
But it takes a personal conviction. As for me I was not just at rest until I let go. I m hoping I ll throw them all away coz all my jewelries are still in my house. May be for me its not a big deal because Im not really 2much of a make up and a bling bling person I cant say. but it was a conviction in my heart that it was wrong.
That settled it sister, personal convictions and above all, the willingness to obey that small still voice.
Meanwhile, ask anybody ranting up and down here, if they've been convicted before. The answer will be capital NO. Why? How can they hear that small still voice when they are everywhere making noise. God help us all.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
I can't believe we're bringing this up again. When Christians are still at a stage where they argue these things out then it means that we are not focused on what really matters. How many of you that do not wear earring live a holy life? How many of you that do live a holy life? Its not about earrings but about how you live your life, your inner thoughts and your heart. If the spirit of God ministers to you not to then that's between you and Him but its not an imposition on others. Apart from jewelry have you made anything your idol? Loving it more than God himself? Then that is what you should get rid of not only jewelry. Its the same way that people say perfume is bad yet Jesus had a whole box of perfume poured on Him. Even if it wasn't poured on Him, the disciples talked about selling it to make money. Let's not be legalistic abeg but let each one live their life to be pleasing to God.
Finally, the bible says anything that is not done out of faith is sin. if you're having doubts, pls don't do it. If you don't see anything wrong with it, pls you MAY go ahead. too many judgemental people in this world telling you what to and what not to do.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Kgdavid(m): 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt]maybe i skipped the part where he asked them to put them on.. pls interprete the bible the way it is, .......did jesus put on earings??....[/size]

wow so ur logic is that if there is no express command to do something then it is a sin? going by ur logic putting on a neck-tie must also be a sin! wearing a watch must also be a sin! wearing football boots must also be a sin! in fact you must not wear boxer shorts... after all did Jesus wear boxer shorts? you are the one who is not interpreting the bible in its exact context. how should you and i know whether Jesus wore or did not wear earrings? was either one of us there?? the fact that the bible does not mention Jesus wearing earrings neither implies that He did or did not. in any case Jesus was a man so if He did not wear earrings how does this prove that even women shuld not wear them?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by kayce19: 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Many people seem to av got it wrong. If u are a true bible students. You don't have to believe this visions of Hell. Y?
What is Hell ?
According to the bible hell connote in Hebrew Sheol, Greek hades ,also referred to as Geenna. As symbol of eternal destruction.., or in other words, mankind common's grave.

1. The faithful man Job prayed that God shud conceal him in the Hades(hell or sheol) till the appointed time. Job. 14:13
2. Jesus christ was in Hades same as Hell for 3 days before his ressurection on the third day.
David said concerning christ in acts 2: 25-27

3. In Revelation 20: 13,14 Hell was among the the things that was cast into the lake of fire. Along with death

This simply means that Hell is the condition of being dead, grave and it wasn't used with fire in the bible to form hell fire. It was used only as ":HELL"
This means the visions didn't teach us what the bible teaches.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by UyiIredia(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
chingydaboss: I so pity ur generation.. u beta don't talk Dan say wat u know nothing abt.

For me, d answer is yes... just obey, let earrings not b wat will tak u to hell.

Ironic your profile name has chingy undecided

Urban Dictionary: Chingy
1. Wannabe thug 2. lack of vocabulary 3. promotes illiteracy 4. see wanksta
5. uneducated.

Which nicely explains the wisdom you give.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ignis: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
ItsModella: Is this a joke? undecided
Sort of...
Please this should be moved to joke section.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
faboben10: Isaiah 3
vs18 'in that day d Lord wil tak away d bravery of their tinkling ornaments abt their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like d moon'.
Vs20 'the bonnets, and d ornaments of d legs, and d headbands, and d tablets, and d EARRINGS'.
vs21 'the rings, and nose jewels'
vs24 'and it shal come to pass that instead of sweet smell there shal be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness;and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty'.
KJV
dont tell me this is not in ur bible,
dont get confused.
Happy sunday to u all.
Pretender! Did d passages only mention thins like earrings,nose jewels,necklaces..etc? It also mentioned vales,glasses,changeable suits of apparel,headbands,crisping pins,hoods,etc. Now tell me,don't u use headbands? Or don't u wear beautiful suits of apparel? If all these things are mentioned in one breath, then things like glasses,hoods n changeable suits of apparel should never be worn by 'born again' christians!

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
I am convinced that using jewelry is wrong because most people feel it is right.

1. when Jesus introduced the notion of communion many people turned back thinking he was trying to turn them to cannibals. The rest is history that the bible explains.

2. it is written "Many are called but few are chosen" "take up your cross and follow me";
These scriptures remind us that heaven is not what the contemporary church tier imagines it to be.
Need I say more?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by addictiv(m): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kgdavid:

wow so ur logic is that if there is no express command to do something then it is a sin? going by ur logic putting on a neck-tie must also be a sin! wearing a watch must also be a sin! wearing football boots must also be a sin! in fact you must not wear boxer shorts... after all did Jesus wear boxer shorts? you are the one who is not interpreting the bible in its exact context. how should you and i know whether Jesus wore or did not wear earrings? was either one of us there?? the fact that the bible does not mention Jesus wearing earrings neither implies that He did or did not. in any case Jesus was a man so if He did not wear earrings how does this prove that even women should not wear them?
[size=14pt] bro i asked the question since you have no answer,if he wore them do you think the bible would have left out such a little detail.....or perhaps God should send a daughter for women to know what they should or should not do....remain blessed[/size]
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by DrFaitobaba(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Above all adorn thyself with purity. I will say these things leads to vanity. If you are waiting for personal conviction, are you sure you will listen when dat conviction comes. Whatever dat causes controversy, its beta to do away with it. Don't be deceived by the devil.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by motherofpearl: 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Well, God is primarily concerned about the motive(s) behind every action. if a particular action by a person causes another person to sin or to be misled contrary to the dictates of the scriptures, then that person who caused another to sin ,will have caused himself and that other person to sin against God. now, earrings, nose-rings,rings, bracelets,wrist-watches, gold-plated clothes, etc are not sinful simpliciter. nevertheless, they will become sinful when the user idolises them by attaching too much importance to them or flaunts them in a manner that leads to the fall of many.the use of jewelry by females has been over-emphasized and this is not so good for the body of Christ. what should be emphasized is moderation in dressing for both males and females, as well as making God a priority in our lives. remember,the just shall live by faith and no unclean thing shall enter into heaven. my emphasis lies in the fact that the weightier part of the law of God centers on justice, faith and mercy(matthew 23:23) and our Love for God. many churches condemn the use of jewelries due to the fact that many are easily obsessed with the use thereof. hence, in order to save many weak souls from hell,some churches thought it wise to tag jewelries as 'sinful".for me, anything that can hinder one from entering heaven is worth giving up-be it jewelry or anything that tries to take the exalted place of God Almighty. I cannot miss heaven!!!!!!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
cutiepie01: Please watch ur mouth,dont allow d anger of God come upon u.How dare u say dat Jesus who died 4 ur sins is a badt guy?Be very careful with ur choice of words o
gringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

14 Reasons Why I Love Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To / I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.