Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37845 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by phil5(m): 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Osahon7:
pls google the top female pastors in America and see if dey are not wearin jeweleries..why is it dat its only in Nigeria dat ear rings are been condemn?? Answer me
use another point to convince me jor , top wetin , if u follow men u will rot in hell ,

Many shall go there because of this

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
But wait o! There nothing special about this earring stuff o! Even some german ladies dont wear this trash and they still look beautiful. When you stop wearing this trash, you will know that you have been wasting your money on nonsense. Read genesis 35:1-4 and see
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Simplesen(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
crackhaus:
God created holes in a female's ear? Oh wow... I swear I did not know that!

its an irony bro
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
ayobase:

Whatever thing u can't do away with is a god.....mine na music...yeah right!

God helps us all.

Who am I to condemn anyone.....mine has always been, "be moderate in everything you do"

And food! and Clothes! And Shelter. You have plenty gods then bro grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
Simplesen: It is good to wear earrings because God already created holes in a females ear at birth. What did yu guys see about that? Why make God's work imperfect?
God did not create the hole, humans did that themselves
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by eprynce(m): 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
breezy047:

There is no confusion anywhere. The body of CHRIST is ONE.

Quote some pastors here (your pastor?) or popular church that preach that God is not angry when you adorn your body with tatoos, jewellries, fashionistic (vain) plastic surgeries. . .
They are (intentionally or otherwise) not speaking the mind of God acccording to his word.

Well, I don't quote pastors, I study the Word myself. But you will, do well to consider some of the questions I raised - not attack me, afterall we are trying to divide thee word of truth
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Kgdavid(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt] bro i asked the question since you have no answer,if he wore them do you think the bible would have left out such a little detail.....or perhaps God should send a daughter for women to know what they should or should not do....remain blessed[/size]

yes of course the bible would have left out such a detail because it is absolutely unimportant!! the bible itself says that there were many things Jesus did that were not recorded because there would not be enough space to write them how much more something so unimportant as whether or not the Lord wore earrings Jesus did not come to earth to come and show either male or female how to dress or whether they should wear earrings; are you implying that women must conform precisely to the pattern of Jesus's dressing? if they do so won't you be the first to say a woman should not wear what pertains to a man?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by phil5(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Atigba: Please if you know any one who wants to get rid of his or her gold contact me I need am.
is that ur problem ?wait till end time after every one don waka go I'm destination (heaven or hell ) stay back and enjoy them +diamomds sell ,

Go listen to 2face" only me" grin
Atigba: Please if you know any one who wants to get rid of his or her gold contact me I need am.
is that ur problem ?wait till end time after every one don waka go I'm destination (heaven or hell ) stay back and enjoy them +diamomds sell ,

Go listen to 2face" only me"

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by FOLLEY20(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dreal1247: Pray for God to open your eyes and also to help you effect the change if necessary. I learnt from one of the confessions that when Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola stopped earrings, that was the year that many people made heaven. If God does not want it, why not let go of it. After all, whatsoever one cannot forgo for God's sake is considered idol or another god. The Lord God will surely see us through.
Yes, u are very correct!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
I believe the Bible has enough instructions without us adding what we percieve to it. God help us all to know his will and understand his ways
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Goshen360(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
Some Christians think everything written in the bible is for their APPLICATIONS. The bible says, whatSOEVER IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW WAS WRITTEN TO THOSE UNDER THE LAW.

Are you, Christians under the law (of Moses)?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ellechrystal(f): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yes the bible said something about this, in 1st Timothy 2:9-10 _ "Likewise women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self control, not with Braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess Godliness with good works" I am not against wearing them, cos I do maself, the portion is just 2 show some ppl, that this warning is actually in the bible.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by SpaceWorld2013(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
DrFaitobaba: Personally, i don't believe in this vision of hell stuff because 99.9% are fake just to make ends meet. But on d issue of earrings, speak to God and let Him talk to u abt it. Ask Him and He will answer. Have seen ppl dat said dat God said dat dey should not use it again.
I can't remember all but check this it may be helpful 1 Peter 3:3-4. Thanks.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Sunglow: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135:
Enough of all these hell visions! Ok... Follow me as i try to explain
this.
Q. What makes you become a child of God?
A. Because you believe in Jesus, right? John 1:12
Q. What made you recieve salvation?
A. Because you believed and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Saviour,
right? Rom 10:10...
Q. Was it by any of your works?
A. No! Ephe 2:8
So what makes you think you can remain saved by mere works if you did
not get saved by your works? Gal 3:3 So, simple belief and acceptance of
the saving work of Christ makes you a candidate for heaven. How then
did wearing ear rings make you go to hell? How can you believe in Jesus
and yet go to hell because you wear ear ring? Its not possible.
Besides, care to tell me how wearing of ear ring is a sin? What of the
whites that wear this and still make heaven?
This thing came as a result of we trying to"africanize" christianity.
Jesus made the christian life simple, no need to complicate it.
The word of God is bigger than any vision. Therefore, i refuse to accept
that ear rings makes people go to hell.

.It doesnt.They are so ignorant of d scriptures.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Sunglow: 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote
author=tosinsin]pls just watched a video about a woman you died and
came back..what do u think?when you use jeweries,you go to hell[/quote].All does going to hell stories dat are every were are lies.d pple are doing it to make ends meet since dey knw dat most nigerians are guillable n will always listen such tales.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Trophy4J(m): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
May GOD open Ur eyes.GOD's standard of heaven is very high.Satan has really blindfolded many with worldly adornment.May GOD have mercy
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Afolabs101: 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
The plural of Jewelry is JEWELRY

There's no such word as "jewelries"
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ellechrystal(f): 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
Trophy4J: May GOD open Ur eyes.GOD's standard of heaven is very high.Satan has really blindfolded many with worldly adornment.May GOD have mercy
. Amen. The devil is a liar! He has rili blindfolded ppl, if u must make heaven, u ve 2 drop all worldy things, u shld not belong 2 d world nor do things of the world. There is a way that seemeth right to all man, at the end is death! Our problem is that we dnt read the holy book, we only open it when we go 2 church, only wen the pastor gives a verse 2 b read, n wen wen get home, we 4get there"s a book like that. So many men of God ve failed 2 tell us d truth, some who try to are so condemned by the ppl. May God help us, and open our eyes 2 see d truth, and also give us the ability 2 study his word daily, becos his word is life!

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135:
Enough of all these hell visions! Ok... Follow me as i try to explain this.
A. Because you believed and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, right? Rom 10:10...
So what makes you think you can remain saved by mere works if you did not get saved by your works? Gal 3:3 So, simple belief and acceptance of the saving work of Christ makes you a candidate for heaven. How then did wearing ear rings make you go to hell? How can you believe in Jesus and yet go to hell because you wear ear ring? Its not possible.
Besides, care to tell me how wearing of ear ring is a sin? What of the whites that wear this and still make heaven?
This thing came as a result of we trying to"africanize" christianity. Jesus made the christian life simple, no need to complicate it.
The word of God is bigger than any vision. Therefore, i refuse to accept that ear rings makes people go to hell.

Please stop pointing at whites as if they are a role model to us all. They are definitely anything but that.

As for earrings, I'd advise you apply the WWJD principle.

A man of God once preached to a crowd about the reality of hell and the need to escape it.

After he had gone, a vile fellow mounted the podium, telling the sobered crowd hell wasn't real.

Well, a woman got up and said the following: You tell us there's no hell, heaven or judgment after death. The other man confessed all these? Man, wouldn't it be better to live a holy life, die and discover there is no God or hell than to live a careless, Godless life and at the end face an angry God?

The man's answer? Speechlessness.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
c ð£m..na wen dey nið..bck up..na den dem go rememba d Bible!!!wearin jewelry..iz completely..anti-christ..cos..pple of world[unbelievers]..wear dem..nd rememba..paul $aid.."BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WID UNBELIEVERS"..xo guys,BEWARE OF D DEVIL ND HIS TRICKS!!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by dagbokoncept(m): 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
It baffles me a lot when I hear people saying someone died and was in hell. Trash! They can only be shown a vision of what hell looks like. No one is in hell, until we hve been judged and the end time which bible made us understood that all those that were dead will resurrect and face judgement. I disagree with those illogical stories.If we can put on wrist watch and wear shoeS with buckles, they are made from a metal same as ear ring, that means we are all going to hell. This kind of stories are being fabricated by religious fanatics.

3 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by undigeh: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135:
Enough of all these hell visions! Ok... Follow me as i try to explain this.
A. Because you believed and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, right? Rom 10:10...
So what makes you think you can remain saved by mere works if you did not get saved by your works? Gal 3:3 So, simple belief and acceptance of the saving work of Christ makes you a candidate for heaven. How then did wearing ear rings make you go to hell? How can you believe in Jesus and yet go to hell because you wear ear ring? Its not possible.
Besides, care to tell me how wearing of ear ring is a sin? What of the whites that wear this and still make heaven?
This thing came as a result of we trying to"africanize" christianity. Jesus made the christian life simple, no need to complicate it.
The word of God is bigger than any vision. Therefore, i refuse to accept that ear rings makes people go to hell.

We become believers through obedience and submission to God through Jesus Christ. It can be reversed through willing disobedience. And that makes somebody a sinner or more appropriately a child of the devil. ( 1 John 3:4)

Sin or transgression is more than wearing earrings or ornamentation of any kind. Unbelieving is a sin, lying, the most commonest among humans including nominal Christians take one to he'll. (Rev. 21:cool Rev.21:8
The word of God gives a stern warning saying " Love not the world....., for all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of the world." (1 John 2: 15-16)

Read also 1Peter 3: 3 & 4
It further said "so then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Rom. 8: cool Romans 8:8

Where are you now? You have to choose pleasing God or your flesh and its lust. The choice is yours. What will it profit you if you please your self in this world and lost your soul in eternity?.
Are you obedience or disobedience to the express command of God.
When reading the Bible, who aid your interpretation and its application to your life, its author or Satan?

BEWARE ! ! !
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Trendy4gud(f): 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hmmm!!! The battle field of the mind unto eternal realm.

Dear all, this is a crux issue that to divulge it, you create a liberal mind...think freely & swim through our manual- the Bible.

I was greatly disturbed by someone recently about the use of jewelries at which the person bought a similar video of someone who died & went to hell because of jewelry use whom later came back to life. I don't want to go into knowing the efficacy of 'judgement immediately after death' on this matter. I made the research not to win the arguement per say but to vindicate my conscience. I told God to show me the truth in His word.

I believe in vision but on this the Bible says "The eyes has not seen, nor the ear heard what God has prepared for those whom love Him".

God created all things and say all is good. From Genesis to Revelation you will see the evident use of jewelries/ornaments which ranges from dowry, unit of exchange (money), gift, unit of measurement, as household item, decoration& adornment etc.

We need to understand the contextual meaning of every Bible verse for proper discernment. There are some verses that seem to talk against it due to abuse & some that talks positively. Please use your Bible for references because I can't do justice here for the sake of space.

WHAT SEEMS NEGATIVE: 1 Pet.3:1-6,; 2Pet.2:17-25; 3:3-4; 1 Tim.2:9-10. Etc

WHAT SEEMS POSITIVE:
Gen.2:10-12; 24:30; Exo. 16:11-13; 28:12-15; Job3:15; Isa.49:18; 61:10; Prov.1:8; 2Tim.4:8; Songs1:10-11; 7:1; Rev.8:3-4; 17:4 etc.

To me, it's a personal thing. I do not want to convince or confuse you but you need to be at peace with God in all you do. You can give up something just for simplicity but don't become a Pharisee by judging others whom didn't do thesame. We are told to be compansionate on those who do not share our views also it's not good to be harsh and condemn people rashly as a true Christian. There are a lot of controversial issue in Christendom that I wished our Master Jesus was still on earth to solve it like Mathematics.

To all ladies/women in the house, I found out that what God wants from us is decency & moderation in our dressing & accesories. Do not idolize anything whether material or immaterial even the jewelry!!!

Anyi ga ahu na mbara enuigwe n'aha Jisos...iseee-o-o-o-o-o

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by alotofgrace(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
weda u wia gold o or goat, e nor marra.....what all matters is INTENTION. n hw u wia am
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Revolva(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
who is the fool that said wearing jewelries ...takes one to a place that does not even exist self..why are people becoming more stupid in this country each day...is it not the same bible that says women should look good...imagine..she went on tourism to an imaginary place called hell...abi how did she get there..sef i wanna know ...rubbish...she is just hungry na poverty dey worry her brain

an again there is no such place like hell n heaven for goodness sake.the soul that dies cease to exist ...ok...foools come see enuff bling bling for my neck....i beg if una wan sell una gold jewelries contact me..make we do biz..ok..share money...go ask..birdman cash money crew..i am next to jacob the jeweller..
grin grin grin
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Sidmond: 11:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Jewelleries aren't earrings only.
Even wedding rings are jewelleries n i'm yet to be told of such vow exchange in the Bible.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Afritop(m): 11:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
DEEPER LIFE MEMBERS ARE GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
If Most of you here would only see HELL FIRE, not feel it; YOU won't even argue about all these materials dat Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can't do without; bcoz its already a god in your Life. For those of YOU looking 4 scriptural back-ups: Study Jeremiah 4:30, Exodus 6:1-35(35 says God has plagued ornaments), Ezekiel 7:19,20 especially(God says SET IT AFAR OFF FROM YOU), then to 27. Study Isaiah 3:16-17. Listen God is interested in our OUTWARD APPEARANCE deeply-see Romans 12:1. Listen, the reason y Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ won't belive easily is seen in Zephaniah 2:10. Shallom

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by sonikstargirl(f): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2013
Am so tired of hearin dis bullshit... Can sum1 pls tel me wer THOU SHALL NOT WEAR JEWEARIES... is in d bible
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by shilees(f): 12:12am On Aug 19, 2013
First of all I don't believe anyone can die and go to heaven or hell and come back cos d bible says after death is judgement.only Jesus died,rose on d third day, and now He is sitted with the father.all the do's and donts in d bible is to guide us, so that we won't loose focus on d most important thing,'OUR SPIRIT' earrings, tatoo,weavon are not things that will take us to hell or heaven.Jesus said no one comes to the father except through me.if u accept Jesus as ur Lord and personal savior then u are a child of God.please read ur bible don't let people confuse u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman / 14 Reasons Why I Love Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.