Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37848 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
tosinsin: pls just watched a video about a woman you died and came back..what do u think?when you use jeweries, you go to hell

Correct your comment 1st pls
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
jmoore: If you are not wearing fig leaves then you will go to hell? smh

The three wise men brought gifts when they came to visit Jesus and gold was included. Is gold meant to be eaten or worn?

The video is definitely misleading.

The gold was for bribing policemen sent by King Herold to kill baby Jesus grin grin grin
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by BabaOyee: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
igbeke: Where in d Holy Bible were we taught anything dat is against earrings?
Job was said to be a perfect and upright man before God. JOB1:1
Yet when God was.to restore him, EARRING OF GOLD was among the presents he was given. Job 42:11
Did u ever wonder what he did with them?
ask me and I.will tell u.
Are we supposed to kno The Bible.more than The Almighty God that gave it?
Well this is my opinion:
moderation is what the Holy Bible asked us to apply in everything we do.
Human knowledge can not comprenhed God. The same ear rings collected were used to make golden calf when Moses tarried on the mountain. The piercing of the ear is man made and not God's. If God had wanted a hole there He would have made it there after all He opened the nose,eyes,mouth and other needed openings in the body. Why cant be on a safer side? Anything one can not forgo for God has become a god or idol. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

3 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by oldlord(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
satan is still d old serpet, decieving many. He has switch peoples eye from pressing issues dat can led them to hell, things like drunkerness homosexual thiefs unforgiveness envy bitterness worldly lust and thought sexual immorality etc. Today many christains critises, judge, and rejects each other base on outwards appearance. And satan strategy of bringing confusion division and removing our mind from seriouse issue is now the order of d day.
Men of God condems other denomination base on their believe and tradition. Pls lets remove d lounge of wood in our eyes so we can see well

5 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Atigba: 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Please if you know any one who wants to get rid of his or her gold contact me I need am.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ablyguy(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
igbeke: Where in d Holy Bible were we taught anything dat is against earrings?
Job was said to be a perfect and upright man before God. JOB1:1
Yet when God was.to restore him, EARRING OF GOLD was among the presents he was given. Job 42:11
Did u ever wonder what he did with them?
ask me and I.will tell u.
Are we supposed to kno The Bible.more than The Almighty God that gave it?
Well this is my opinion:
moderation is what the Holy Bible asked us to apply in everything we do.
. There was a time i doubted it but it true its not used for the beautification of the body but rather house. God did make gold or silver for body beautification. And also find time to read Ishiah chapter 3 i think you will understand it better and also Genesis 35:2-4. Now i know you will wonder why the women surrendered their earning.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
ahonzi: In as much as I can't judge anyone,but I like to ask,the christianity we practice and the God we worship,is it different from the one followed and worshiped by christians abroad? If its not,why then hasn't any of the whites who started seeing and going into trances ever mentioned issues pertaining to jewelries and other form of clothings? Do we say God is choosy in revealing things to his people? Talk of clothing,jewelries and the innovative "die,roast and burn" prayer,my take is most of the people who have taken on whatever they have heard from their pastors,priest or seers are just plain "lazy christians". They don't study to understand,but just take everything in cos their so called "Spiritual leader" has spoken.
exactly wats on my mind.. White men of God like reinhard bonke, myles monroe,caesar shirley etc dont preach against all dis jewllery tins
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Eazeee(m): 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mod pls close dis boring n annoying topic.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
nneh1: this is what people will continue saying till they march down to hell.
Thank you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
If u read ur Bible very wel, u wil notice dat jewelries is bin condemed in so many pasage
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Simonet: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
Wearing jewelry cannot take anyone to hell!

God created Gold, Silver, and Solomon used these things to build God's temple.

The issue is your heart and what comes out of it!!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: If u read ur Bible very wel, u wil notice dat jewelries is bin condemed in so many pasage
pls google the top female pastors in America and see if dey are not wearin jeweleries..why is it dat its only in Nigeria dat ear rings are been condemn?? Answer me
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Harahmeedey(f): 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Wie do i even start 4rm self........if God wily wants ladies to adorn demsef wiv ear-rings,E wld ave paved a hole on their ears,xo dnt c God as an imperfectionist buh a PERFECTIONIST.......my hands ar up wiv my mouth closed o B-):-)
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Simonet: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Satan is SOOOO SMART, distracting people from real ungodliness, and occupying them with peripheral issues!

So if I am a swindler and liar, but I avoid jewelry, I will make heaven abi?

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote

author=addictiv]from the original plan gold was meant to be a building
material, meant for the beautification of buildings and for trade not
something to be worn.....earings were markings which were used to
identify slaves.....God created the human body in his own image that
means he created us perfect......adorning it with jewelries is like
telling God that his work isnt good enough.
Ex:33:5: For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of
Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of
thee in a moment, and consume thee: [size=13pt]therefore now put off
thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto
thee.[/size]

if God did not care about jewelries he wont tell the Israelites to take
them off.......Remain Blessed.[/quote]
God said this because they used it to make an idol! read through the
Bible and you will find other places where jewelries were used to as
good things. in ezekiel 16, God used it to describe his blessings to Isreal.
going by ur logic, God gave ur hair the ability to grow, right? when
you cut it, isnt that like telling God his work isnt perfect? wearing
glasses will probably take you to hell too. I mean, God should have put
it there by himself.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by eprynce(m): 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
the only problem I have with these 'visioners' is that they are often incoherent in their messages and even thought. God is not an author of confusion - His messages are clear, not fraught with the kind of things I hear these people say? By the way, why is it often unsaved people who see these visions? Is it possible to know the mind of God without a relationship with Him? How come they just feed us with a conclusion, even when it is pretty clear they never had a relationship with God before their supposed encounters? If you are unspiritual, there's no way you can know spiritual things! Talk more of being an authority on what should or shouldn't be!

I guess this is just one of the future 'general overseers' to come - that's usually how they start!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
ablyguy: I thought heaven is made of pure gold, even God's throne they say is made of gold. Does that mean that heaven is now hell? All this discombobulated dreamers should leave me alone oO with their useless vision!!!

Noooo its not like that. . .

Read Exo 35 when the Lord gave instructions Himself about the building of the terbanacle.

That's what He made gold for. . .as a building material or to beautify the temples and houses. Whenever God asks people to bring gold in the bible it is for building. That is what he made it for. The streets of heaven are made of gold and had Adam and Eve not fallen the streets of the earth would have been made of gold. But when God creates the new heaven and new earth he promised in revelations, expect the joyful cities of saints to be built with precious stones.

Now you see. . .it is part of the purposeful plans of satan to make men beautify themselves with gold and jewellries, against what God made them for. he knows that when God made man in Genesis, Man was good. God liked the natural man the way he is. But satan has been ruunning the race of making men pollute themselves with jewellries so as to deride Christ and make God angry with men. And he's almost succeeding because as at now billions of women on earth wear these make-ups, jewellries etc that makes God angry.

Purposefully putting the Lord to anger. . .

God himself said it in Exo 33 vs 4-6

"If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now take off your. . ."

Read the rest yourself.

The story is about when Moses was with the Lord on the mountain and the people (God's own people) made a golden calf with their golds, worshipped it, wore jewellries (which they originally didn't wear)and committed revellry before the idol.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by chingydaboss(m): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Lyk wat u said, bt not every tin Linda said was true.. especially d aspect of d chosen pastor .. earrings I belief is a sin bt wen devil wants to confuse a person, he mixes truth wit lies.. d chosen pastor is a genuine man of God..I can attest to it..
yetseyi: hmmm
on my way 2 NYSC camp in YOLA I met with a lady dat doesn't use earrings I thought it was her church doctrine so I was surprised when she told me she attended foursquare. I then asked why doesnt she wear them she said it was a personal decision
After orientation camp my roommate in NCCF family awse was an Anglican nd she doesnt use jewelries in fact she only wears the khaki trousers wen she has @ go for CDS or to the secretariat not the way some of us xtians use the opportunity of NYSC to wear pencil shaped , bottom hugging khaki all in the name of its the Law of the land(note that you have an option of not shaping the khaki tight to show your shape ooooh coz I ve seen sistas d@ normally dont wear trousers then wear the worst bottom hugging khaki you could ever see). When I asked her why she doesnt use Jewelries since its not against her church doctrine she said its personal conviction. I just kept quiet. I was and still am A modest dresser but I just was not convinced that earring was some thing God didn't like. Mind you I attend a church where you are not supposed to wear all those things.

But now almost a year after my experience with my 2 friends above I listened to that testimony of Margaret and Linda , got it from a colleague nd that faithful day I had just fixed a weave that weekend. in fact I had saved the testimonies on my system but did not watch for more than 2weeks . So he now said have you watched I said no.luckily we both didnt have much to do that day. So we listened to Linda's first. I ve seen a lot of comments about the testimonies. but I just knew that it was the truth for days nd weeks I was so restless meanwhile my weave cost me a lot nd I just did not remove the thing. I first dropped the earrings oo and after I loosened the weave that was it. When I was in Junior secondary I once droped jewelries coz that was wat I was told and went back later but now I really have that conviction. Trust me people go talk. Let them talk.

What If its true that it can lead You 2 hell wouldnt you rather part with d jewelries, makeup,trousers etc.
But it takes a personal conviction. As for me I was not just at rest until I let go. I m hoping I ll throw them all away coz all my jewelries are still in my house. May be for me its not a big deal because Im not really 2much of a make up and a bling bling person I cant say. but it was a conviction in my heart that it was wrong.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
PrettyGaby:
God said this because they used it to make an idol! read through the
Bible and you will find other places where jewelries were used to as
good things. in Isaiah, God used it to describe his blessings to Isreal.
going by ur logic, God gave ur hair the ability to grow, right? when
you cut it, isnt that like telling God his work isnt perfect? wearing glasses will probably take you to hell too. I mean, God should have put it there by himself.

Do you wear ANY jewellry
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
the bible doesnt condemn wearing earings or making up. the excavations by archaeologists and the bible confirms that true servants of God wore those things. anybody who condenms those things is fighting against an inspired word of God. if it was a vision that wants to go against the word of God, that vision is demonic. exod. 41:42, dan. 5:29. the bible only require moderation EVERY things of the world. even over eating and over drinking is bad.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
e_prynce: the only problem I have with these 'visioners' is that they are often incoherent in their messages and even thought. God is not an author of confusion - His messages are clear, not fraught with the kind of things I hear these people say? By the way, why is it often unsaved people who see these visions? Is it possible to know the mind of God without a relationship with Him? How come they just feed us with a conclusion, even when it is pretty clear they never had a relationship with God before their supposed encounters? If you are unspiritual, there's no way you can know spiritual things! Talk more of being an authority on what should or shouldn't be!

I guess this is just one of the future 'general overseers' to come - that's usually how they start!

There is no confusion anywhere. The body of CHRIST is ONE.

Quote some pastors here (your pastor?) or popular church that preach that God is not angry when you adorn your body with tatoos, jewellries, fashionistic (vain) plastic surgeries. . .
They are (intentionally or otherwise) not speaking the mind of God acccording to his word.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by chingydaboss(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
You r definitely from da pit of hell.. won't insult u bt will tel u to repent b4 it is too late... tomorrow may b too late
Uyi Iredia:

Ironic your profile name has chingy undecided

Urban Dictionary: Chingy
1. Wannabe thug 2. lack of vocabulary 3. promotes illiteracy 4. see wanksta
5. uneducated.

Which nicely explains the wisdom you give.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
I just read isaiah 3. I dont know why people use this chapter to support not wearing earring. The chapter said because daughters of zion were haughty, He would take away the bravery of their tinkling ornament, this same chapter also said the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of their head ; that instead of sweet smell, a stink; Instead of well set hair, baldness and burning instead of beauty.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
Flamingsword029: Kindly study d ff Bible verses:Exo 33:1-6,Gen 35:1-4,2Kings 9:30,Isa 7:20,Hosea 2:13,1Tim 2:9-10,1Peter 3:3-5.Remember i said study,don't read.
Apart 4rm d facts above i would like u 2 realise dat most ppl like darkness more dan light,things of dis world more dan God,u choose 2 totally ignore wat God says just 2 suit ur style of living,but u know wat, dat is meant 2 happen,ppl like dat will always exist,but der judgement has already being determine not by man,but God and His word.If d ppl of d world culd deny demselves certain pleasures 2 serve a false god,how much more u dat r serving d living God.Lets just assume dat u av successfully convinced everybody dat it is not wrong,can u convince urself,can u change d word God.If u doubt dis text.wen u want 2 slip tell God 2 reveal 2 u d secret behind dis tins,since u r a child of God indeed remind God of His word promising u dat He will not misguide u or watch as u fall into hell.U must realise dat God sometimes liv ppl 2 a reprobate mind.I culd write more but a personal conviction wuld be more effective.
1tim2:9 and 1 pet3:3 used the world''ELABORATE''..Elaborate means many..wat d bible said was for women not to wear MANY jewleries, it didnt say no jewlery
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
chingydaboss: You r definitely from da pit of hell.. won't insult u bt will tel u to repent b4 it is too late... tomorrow may b too late

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Check yourself properly. He may not be lying cheesy cheesy
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Judas2013: 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
tosinsin: pls just watched a video about a woman you died and came back..what do u think?when you use jeweries,you go to hell

Fuccking ridiculous!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
someone should read ezekiel 16 and tell me whether Jehovah is confused or humans are. puuleeze, this is how ppl turn personal convictions into salvation issues
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote
author=breezy047]

Noooo its not like that. . .

Read Exo 35 when the Lord gave instructions Himself about the building
of the terbanacle.

That's what He made gold for. . .as a building material or to beautify
the temples and houses. Whenever God asks people to bring gold in the
bible it is for building. That is what he made it for. The streets of
heaven are made of gold and had Adam and Eve not fallen the streets of
the earth would have been made of gold. But when God creates the new
heaven and new earth he promised in revelations, expect the joyful
cities of saints to be built with precious stones.

Now you see. . .it is part of the purposeful plans of satan to make men
beautify themselves with gold and jewellries, against what God made them
for. he knows that when God made man in Genesis, Man was good. God
liked the natural man the way he is. But satan has been ruunning the
race of making men pollute themselves with jewellries so as to deride
Christ and make God angry with men. And he's almost succeeding because
as at now billions of women on earth wear these make-ups, jewellries etc
that makes God angry.

Purposefully putting the Lord to anger. . .

"If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now
take off your. . ."

Read the rest yourself.

The story is about when Moses was with the Lord on the mountain and the
people (God's own people) made a golden calf with their golds,
worshipped it, wore jewellries (which they originally didn't wear)and
committed revellry before the idol.

God bless you.[/quote]
reas that passage again. they took the jewelries from their bodies to make the calf, alright. they wore it b4 making the idol not because of the idol. the same jewelries that were spoils from the egyptians as instructed by God
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
yep.

wearing the raw materials God provided for us in the first place, will guarantee us a trip straight to hell.

[size=98pt]-_-[/size]
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Simplesen(m): 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
2ndOGA:

grin grin

How old are you 5? Females are born with their ears pierced?

Great scott!

Can?t yu read well cos yu shud see the irony in thoz sentences. peace
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by eprynce(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
breezy047:

"If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now take off your. . ."

that statement was made after they had made a golden image for themselves with the gold jewelry they wore! So, it is what they did with the jewelry that got God angry.

breezy047:
The story is about when Moses was with the Lord on the mountain and the people (God's own people) made a golden calf with their golds, worshipped it, wore jewellries [b](which they originally didn't wear)[/b]and committed revellry before the idol.

God bless you.

Well, there was a Chapter 32 b4 33, brother. The children of Israel wore jewelry b4 they got to mount Sinai. They removed and gathered them to make the image.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman / Pastor Sam Adeyemi: Sex In Marriage, Other Things That Make Family Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.