Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? (6766 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Single Friends Of Married Peeps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
coogar:

it's very rare....
a student that beautiful is prone to lose academic focus as her beauty gets into her head. besides, boys would not leave her alone - like 20 boys visiting her per night for dates, trip to the cinema, other social stuff. when exactly would she get the time to study?

Coogar take that back. angry grin it's not rare. We were pretty and had boys chasing us too. cool
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
For once I agree with Calloti. Nigerian men are just Dogs.
They don't give a damn about your wedding ring . . They keep coming on with their disgusting sexual advances, sometimes I feel like shooting someone! angry angry
That being said, I still know a lot of married women who'll rather resign than date men to keep their jobs (myself inclusive).
Yes, things are bad here, but they are not that bad.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by ladygogo: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its just so sad.

FCMB? Even their Oga at the top is a runs man.

I used to work with a SAN(Senior Advocate of Nigeria) while I was in Nigeria. He was close to a married Zenith lady that was one of their Assistant General Managers on the Mainland.I later got to know she was promoted based on being able to move his construction firm's account to Zenith.

Fast foward to 2012, she was unfortunately one of the employees that was disengaged by Zenith bank last year.
All her waka went down the drain. This same woman's divorce case is being handled by the said SAN pro bono.lol. Her husband later got to know about her runs and accused her of infidelity,deception (paternity issues)etc. It is all a mess out there really.

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by maclatunji: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
^If anybody subtly or directly pesters me about marriage again, I am descending hard on them. #Joking
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by armyofone(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Now i'm so scared to apply for Nigerian jobs.
This is really serious.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
armyofone: Now i'm so scared to apply for Nigerian jobs.
This is really serious.

What were you thinking before? You can try entrepreneurship. With that, your brilliance can shine like a million stars if you are not greedy and can be patient.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by bukatyne(f): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is really serious.

Dear,

It depends on the sector, how (im)moral your boss is and your values as an employee

The picture is not so bleak. A lot of women still get jobs everyday on merit and keep their integrity all through their active years in service.

There is pressure everywhere and you have to take a stand...

In Secondary Schools and Universities, teachers/lecturers pressure the students
During Service, Platoon officers, commandants, LI and Ogas pressure the ladies
In the labour market, Ogas and 'helpers' pressure the ladies
In private business, most men want 'favours' before contract can be awarded etc.

What part would you skip due to fear?

Take a stand!

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by armyofone(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks Mac.

maclatunji:

What were you thinking before? You can try entrepreneurship. With that, your brilliance can shine like a million stars if you are not greedy and can be patient.

bukatyne:

Dear,

It depends on the sector, how (im)moral your boss is and your values as an employee

The picture is not so bleak. A lot of women still get jobs everyday on merit and keep their integrity all through their active years in service.

There is pressure everywhere and you have to take a stand...

In Secondary Schools and Universities, teachers/lecturers pressure the students
During Service, Platoon officers, commandants, LI and Ogas pressure the ladies
In the labour market, Ogas and 'helpers' pressure the ladies
In private business, most men want 'favours' before contract can be awarded etc.

What part would you skip due to fear?

Take a stand!

That's a good question for me, something to think about.
Thanks a ton!
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by maclatunji: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
I know a lady who virtually every male interviewer wanted to sleep with before giving a job. As a result, she suffered with a lot of poorly paid jobs before getting married and being helped by one of her church leaders to get a government agency job that she now does.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by dayokanu(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is really serious.

Wetin dey scare you? No be to just nack you akpako and you land the fat contract and start telling us on Ovation Magazine how your hard work and ingenuity made you succeed in a few months
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is really serious.

There is nothing to be worried about. Just apply and see how it goes. If you are smart and know what you are doing you will be fine. Half of the women who indulge in these things sef are willing volunteers and no one can force you into anything. So keep your mind at rest. There will always be bad people in any society but you can choose to be good.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
@hauwa

Wetin you dey find go for Nigeria jobs?

@topic

The banking system in Nigeria-I don't get it. Why do these people have to travel outside their cities to meet targets? Why do people knock off from work late everyday?i have no idea how the banking system works but over here, its a 9am-4pm job except Friday(I think) which is 9-3. Women no longer have time for the family. That being said, my high school married best friend chops and cleans mouth in the zenith bank branch she works at
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by baby124: 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
dayokanu:

Wetin dey scare you? No be to just nack you akpako and you land the fat contract and start telling us on Ovation Magazine how your hard work and ingenuity made you succeed in a few months

LMAOOOO!!! That stuff is always soooo funny to me. Obvious heavy runs girls praising God and talking about "hard work". Must be hard work to lay on your back, with a sweaty and fat old man grabbing you with sausage hands and beady eyes. ROTFLMAO. grin grin grin
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by baby124: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Marketing departments are not needed in Nigeria. I think advertisements and reputation of the banks should be enough for businesses to decide they want to work with a bank. Sales teams can make presentations or sales pitches. You dont need a one woman army going to jingle breast to get an account. All this exploitation of women is no different from a prostitution ring. Banks owning prostitution departments. LMAO.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by tpia5: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
a lot depends on the personal values of the lady involved, most nigerian men will back off if they dont get a green light from the woman. Why would they waste time and energy on someone who isnt an easy catch? Easy meaning fling.

the banks may be creating an enabling environment by putting pressure on female employees to meet financial goals, but its still up to the woman in question if its a situation she wants to put herself in, or not.

How do the male employees make their own quotas?
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by bukatyne(f): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
jennykadry: @hauwa

@topic

The banking system in Nigeria-I don't get it. Why do these people have to travel outside their cities to meet targets? Why do people knock off from work late everyday?i have no idea how the banking system works but over here, its a 9am-4pm job except Friday(I think) which is 9-3. Women no longer have time for the family. That being said, my high school married best friend chops and cleans mouth in the zenith bank branch she works at

I thought I was the only one
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
tpia@:
a lot depends on the personal values of the lady involved, most nigerian men will back off if they dont get a green light from the woman. Why would they waste time and energy on someone who isnt an easy catch? Easy meaning fling.

the banks may be creating an enabling environment by putting pressure on female employees to meet financial goals, but its still up to the woman in question if its a situation she wants to put herself in, or not.

How do the male employees make their own quotas?

As per the male colleagues ask Ita Giwa. Seriously though, it's a mans world !??

That being said , a lot of men can be silly. They hear no whenever you say yes. Some find those difficult Ones quite a huge turn on. I don't blame men that refuse their wives working in banks
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
bukatyne:

I thought I was the only one

It's shameful to say the least
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by subzidi: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
undecided@topic: I perfectly agree with MrCoogar and slimyem! Any woman that lacks moral does so marital/economic status regardless!
I've done a job when I was in telcom where my then director was using style to ask me out and I was single then yet I put up resistance cos it was against everything I believed in. I wasn't victimized by him or anything rather my hard was very obvious and he has nothing but RESPECT for my person!Fast forward today to the glory Of God I have a better job which dwarfs my previous earning and the icing on the cake allows me such a flexible time to take care of my family! Imagine if I gave in to his advances any future acheivement in my career could have been attributed to who knows

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by baby124: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
An example of what i was talking about (Who knows, maybe this girl was unserious, a flirt and a runs girl undecided):

''To whom it may concern:

I received the most shocking news yesterday at work around 1pm. Just like any other Monday (19/8/13) I came to work reporting to my department (holiday’s unit) with my colleagues only to hear shocking news which was a result of an undergoing rumor for the past 3weeks. I started working at wakanow on the 20th of May 2013, as a fresh Graduate coming back into Nigeria from UK with my Masters Degree in International Tourism Management hoping to start my career with an online travel agency, unfortunately it has been my worst experience I must confess. I remember my first meeting with the MD; he mentioned something that always cross my mind which was “WHY DO EMPLOYESS ALWAYS COME AND LEAVE WAKANOW” well I believe I have the answer its “KOLA AJAYI” and his new partner you know yourself”.

[size=18pt]From the period I started working at wakanow Mr Kola Ajayi has been harassing me with indirect messages, flirting and because I was not responding to all that, he has been threatening me with my job position.[/size] Harassment is something we know that can be taken to another level in the court of law but in this situation he spoke up first and I didn’t, I guess that’s the mistake I made. Am not writing this to get my position back I only want to inform my colleagues, the MD, DMD, HR MANAGER, OPERATIONS MANAGER and the future staffs of wakanow to know the corruptions going on in the company. [size=18pt]Kola Ajayi asked me to resign out of frustration of not getting what he wanted from me and then sent KENNY (Kehinde T.) to follow up on his instruction with no concrete reason why I should leave my job. That’s exactly why I was dismissed. Its been nice working with you all. Have a nice day.[/size]

The harrassment, embarassment and constant fear needs to STOP! Stop intimidating people and threatening them with termination! Stop it!
[img]http://2.bp..com/-LXW2xCIDKi0/UhOKyUeLN0I/AAAAAAAAIvY/QqUdMkyOe3g/s1600/Screenshot%2520Wakanow.png[/img]
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
jennykadry: @hauwa

@topic

It's not only you that wonder why they close late. Most of the stories here in the family section, the profession is always a banking job. Was beginning to ask myself if Nigerians only study banking, lol.

So you guys, no doctor and nurse romance? tongue tongue Gist me. tongue
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123: An example of what i was talking about (Who knows, maybe this girl was unserious, a flirt and a runs girl undecided):

[/img]

Is there anything like job security in Nigeria or they just sack you any time they want? What about human resources? Is there anything like that?
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by biolabee(m): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123: An example of what i was talking about (Who knows, maybe this girl was unserious, a flirt and a runs girl undecided):

tragic.. no wonder some business collapse and they will complain na diabolical forces

No wonder.. i have never enjoyed their service when i needed a travel agency....

note this may be fictitious also... however if something like this is online.. you nip it

Your rep is crucial in this new digitised world
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by funnyx(m): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
dayokanu:

He he he grin grin grin
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
jennykadry:

It's shameful to say the least
Sorry to derail, but am I seeing correctly? shocked

Jenny still dey?
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
stillwater:

Is there anything like job security in Nigeria or they just sack you any time they want? What about human resources? Is there anything like that?

Ok this is it....stilly, I am buying you a one way "attachment" ticket to Nigeria. I am beginning to believe that America life has made you forget what your elders taught you as a little child ...(" Never expect anything good from Nigeria) ... you are now beginning to look at Nigeria with your dreamy American eyes??

Say what again?? HR? job security? Stilly if Coogar has started giving you snuff desist from taking it....and if Dayo's 6 pc is beginning to confuse you, go and look at born2fvvck's instead. tongue

This is NIGERIA YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NOT AMERICA. angry

ibkaye:
Sorry to derail, but am I seeing correctly? shocked

Jenny still dey?

Ehn so because you and I now wear the same bra size, you don't know when to add Aunty to my name abi? angry cheesy see IBK of yester years now calling me Jenny? Who is that your BF that is shacking your head and causing you not to respect your elders, speak now before I sound that strong British accent of yours.... angry
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
jennykadry: .

Ok this is it....stilly, I am buying you a one way "attachment" ticket to Nigeria. I am beginning to believe that America life has made you forget what your elders taught you as a little child ...(" Never expect anything good from Nigeria) ... you are now beginning to look at Nigeria with your dreamy American eyes??

Say what again?? HR? job security? Stilly if Coogar has started giving you snuff desist from taking it....and if Dayo's 6 pc is beginning to confuse you, go and look at born2fvvck's instead. tongue

This is NIGERIA YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NOT AMERICA. angry

Ehn so because you and I now wear the same bra size, you don't know when to add Aunty to my name abi? angry cheesy see IBK of yester years now calling me Jenny? Who is that your BF that is shacking your head and causing you not to respect your elders, speak now before I sound that strong British accent of yours.... angry

Ndo aunty! Lol my heart jumped when I saw your name, boyfriend indeed hehehe, I trust uncle is treating you well cheesy Your aura is as fresh as always cool
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by baby124: 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
stillwater:

Most one man businesses, the owner and his boys are the lord and master in the company. The owner will let his boys run wild, later the business will crash and life goes on. Because the business is filled with incompetent people who sleep their way into even the toilet. I know someone who got sacked from the job and the person was not able to get a job in the government again. All from harassment. Not everyone is sane. I think its better to resign and table your concerns with the owner before you do. Because things can get complicated very fast. I like this girls approach. If this people are not shamed, they will keep getting away with this.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by baby124: 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
biolabee:

tragic.. no wonder some business collapse and they will complain na diabolical forces

No wonder.. i have never enjoyed their service when i needed a travel agency....

note this may be fictitious also... however if something like this is online.. you nip it

Your rep is crucial in this new digitised world

In Nigeria, you cannot give anyone any power to hire and resign people without your knowledge. Especially if it is a private business. They will either turn it to family center for easy looting, or ashewo junction filled with brainless, and incompetent nitwits. Then you wonder why your business is failing and you are losing money at an alarming rate.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123:

LMAOOOO!!! That stuff is always soooo funny to me. Obvious heavy runs girls praising God and talking about "hard work". Must be hard work to lay on your back, with a sweaty and fat old man grabbing you with sausage hands and beady eyes. ROTFLMAO. grin grin grin

There was this runs girl in my university then, every body knew her, she once won miss myUNiversity, she organizes party with bus load of girls tripping out of the campus every time...every Wednesday, friday and Saturday,,,,come see chikalas cheesy

Anyway, fast forward to present, I saw her having interview with African magic, she is now a nollywood celebrity and I was shocked when she was praising God for where she is presently.

Omoh, fear catch me....I mean this was the same girl every one knew in hostel then, there was even a serious fight on her head between her school boyfriend and some aristos.

Now she say na God cheesy

No wahala, God dey!
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Sissie(f): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Most of the women are not victims like we tend to portray.

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
maclatunji: I know a lady who virtually every male interviewer wanted to sleep with before giving a job. As a result, she suffered with a lot of poorly paid jobs before getting married and being helped by one of her church leaders to get a government agency job that she now does.
That bad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is / Incest / Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.