Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? (6762 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Single Friends Of Married Peeps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by baby124: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
Chillisauce:

There was this runs girl in my university then, every body knew her, she once won miss myUNiversity, she organizes party with bus load of girls tripping out of the campus every time...every Wednesday, friday and Saturday,,,,come see chikalas cheesy

Anyway, fast forward to present, I saw her having interview with African magic, she is now a nollywood celebrity and I was shocked when she was praising God for where she is presently.

Omoh, fear catch me....I mean this was the same girl every one knew in hostel then, there was even a serious fight on her head between her school boyfriend and some aristos.

Now she say na God cheesy

No wahala, God dey!

God has turned to joke. LOL! Its really pathetic and i just hopelessly LOL anytime is see such a news. I mean these are active runs girls, why not enjoy your money silently without insulting our sensibilities. If you wanted to legitimize yourself, get an obvious job with pay that matches your lifestyle. Not 40k a movie, yet you are buying houses in VI and flying first class, Are you a money doubler or a babalawo. I mean even armed robbers pray to God to bless their hustle. So why not runs babes.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
jennykadry: .

Ok this is it....stilly, I am buying you a one way "attachment" ticket to Nigeria. I am beginning to believe that America life has made you forget what your elders taught you as a little child ...(" Never expect anything good from Nigeria) ... you are now beginning to look at Nigeria with your dreamy American eyes??

Say what again?? HR? job security? Stilly if Coogar has started giving you snuff desist from taking it....and if Dayo's 6 pc is beginning to confuse you, go and look at born2fvvck's instead. tongue

This is NIGERIA YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NOT AMERICA. angry

Rotflmao. It's not that I've forgotten, it's just that it doesn't make sense.
It's bizarre when I read these things.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123:

In Nigeria, you cannot give anyone any power to hire and resign people without your knowledge. Especially if it is a private business. They will either turn it to family center for easy looting, or ashewo junction filled with brainless, and incompetent nitwits. Then you wonder why your business is failing and you are losing money at an alarming rate.

This is a very good insight. I'm taking notes.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by biolabee(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123:

In Nigeria, you cannot give anyone any power to hire and resign people without your knowledge. Especially if it is a private business. They will either turn it to family center for easy looting, or ashewo junction filled with brainless, and incompetent nitwits. Then you wonder why your business is failing and you are losing money at an alarming rate.

true...
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by maclatunji: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
ibkaye:
That bad?

Her beauty and modest background almost became twin curses.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by tpia5: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sissie: Most of the women are not victims like we tend to portray.

have to agree.

this issue has been discussed before.

women in nigeria are conditioned to believe the only way they can get ahead is by giving sexual favours.

be that as it may, they tend to automatically assume, when in the proximity of any male, that sex has to come next. This happens even in the absence of any overtures from the male.

granted many males do contribute to this status quo.

thats why when the women go overseas and find out they dont necessarily have to beg or offer favours per se before they can get ahead, they go overboard with the freedom, and tend to dump males entirely.

3 Likes

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2013
Jeeeeeeeez . . . you guys are blowing this thing waaaaay out of proportion!

How many of you guys actually live/work in Nigeria undecided

Back in the day, I interviewed for Access Bank and got the job and not one person asked to sleep with me undecided undecided I turned the job down cos they were only offering marketing and I didn't want to go through that kind of stress.

I've gotten advances from my boss (while I was still single) which I turned down and I wasn't victimized . . . Nobody can try that kind of rubbish in my line of work.

I had a colleague who this same boss employed to keep as a side girlfriend. In the end, it turned out she wasn't even so good at the job and when he got tired of her, he not only dumped her, he also fired her!

Women who scream 'sexual harassment' probably don't have much competence, and the only way they can get the job is by selling their bodies!

The same bank where women claim they have to sleep with their customers to get accounts also employ male marketers who meet their target without sleeping with anybody!

I have two account officers managing my two separate accounts, one male and one female. Better services are offered by the Male AO . . I'm seriously considering requesting for another AO or withdrawing my account completely with the other bank. If I were a man, she'll probably claim I asked her to sleep with me when in actual fact, I'm withdrawing because of her complete incompetence!

Maybe Nigerian women should focus more on building their capacities rather than claiming they can't get jobs without being sexually harassed. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by coogar: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^^

you graduated in the late 80s. you were job-seeking in the early 90s. you are too ancient to understand what we are talking about here. grin
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lol . . . You no well!
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
Some people are lazy, some are not.
Some will like to always take the short cut, some will work their hands off.
If you stay within your prniciples and work hard, you will be known for standards (yes in Nigeria) and if you decide the easy way for you is to open your legs you will be known for just that.
It comes down to choice, no one can force you that I know.
Have people made advances at me when I was single and when I was divorced? Yes, did I accept it? No, I choose to take the long road and work my head off.
Today I stand shoulder to shoulder with any top person in my field knowing how I got here.
Some women have been raised to believe they can't achieve anything without the help of a man, I was not.
I hate the victim mentality, I also refuse to believe that you can only get ahead by opening your legs.
There are several people all over who excel without cutting corners both men and women.

2 Likes

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by biolabee(m): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
At times I dey gbadun this tpia.. This one make sense

I remember one poster some while back that claimed to be harassed by a married man here on this land

She could not name and shame

Probly got some gifts in the bargain but she will not say

grin

tpia@:

have to agree.

this issue has been discussed before.

women in nigeria are conditioned to believe the only way they can get ahead is by giving sexual favours.

be that as it may, they tend to automatically assume, when in the proximity of any male, that sex has to come next. This happens even in the absence of any overtures from the male.

granted many males do contribute to this status quo.

thats why when the women go overseas and find out they dont necessarily have to beg or offer favours per se before they can get ahead, they go overboard with the freedom, and tend to dump males entirely.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
armyofone: Thanks Mac.

That's a good question for me, something to think about.
Thanks a ton!

You are welcome
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by bigass(f): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nashville: Very interesting. The reality is that this happens alot and it is just a reflection of our society. Someone gave an example of a lady that slept her way to the top at Zenith. I know about this lady and it was certainly not brilliance. I know of another lady in FCMB that moved from Deputy Manager to Assitant General Manager in three years. This lady only flies first class that her salary and husband's salary cannot afford. She was sleeping with the ED and another top government official and she eventually threw her husband out of the house. Hope no FCMB people on this thread because this is real life.

The reality is that Nigeria is still a male dominated society, most of the entrepreneurs, top government official, executive are men and if they want to empower a woman, some of them will demand something in return. Now lots of women because they want to advance in career and live a certain lifestyle will give something back and nobody needs to know. A female friend of mine had to leave a bank because she could not take it anymore. At 34 she was already an AGM making 20 million naira. During a board presentation one director was trying to rub her thighs. During a board meeting o. One minister (wouldnt mention names) owns an Oil and Gas servicing company. In that company she rents houses for her female marketers on the Island. And you need to see these girls. Hot looking girls. All these girls do is go to Oil companies and prostitute themselves for contracts.

Truth is that in Nigeria we believe money can get us anything so the men use money as a bargaining tool while some women just go with the flow. Most female corpers in Oil companies are there for the taking. The ogas know the girls want to work there and so they just take their turns.

I dont like generalising because I know lots of intelligent and decent women out there who work hard for their money and I think it is more prevalent in certain industries. These things happen more in banks and government institutions. This whole target setting in banks should be stopped. Some banks are particularly guilty and even give condoms to their female staff.

AGM AT 34? THAT IS QUICK OOO. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
bigass:

AGM AT 34? THAT IS QUICK OOO. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

I know lots of those. Go get an MBA from Wharton, Harvard or Kellogg and you'll be a DGM in no time.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by bigass(f): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nashville:

I know lots of those. Go get an MBA from Wharton, Harvard or Kellogg and you'll be a DGM in no time.

WHAT IF I AM 30 ALREADY NKO?
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
bigass:
WHAT IF I AM 30 ALREADY NKO?

Never too old, just do GMAT and score more that 680 and you got a good chance of getting in with a scholarship sef.. I dont want to derail the thread but look into it!
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by chichi234(f): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
any married woman who f@cks another person asides her husband is a slut. shikena
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Daresh(f): 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
chichi234: any married woman who f@cks another person asides her husband is a slut. shikena

And any married man who f@cks another woman aside his wife is called a ?

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
Daresh:

Nincompoo..ooooo grin.....
Am really amazed and enjoying this topic....mehn, thank God. Am self employed and not overly greedy......ope ooooo cheesy cheesy.....
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by ladygogo: 12:51am On Aug 22, 2013
Daresh:

Ashewo no ni. undecided
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by maclatunji: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2013
debrief08: This thread reminds me of one where someone came to ask if it was okay for a Banker to meet her Uncle at a hotel because he came into town and wanted to give her a cheque to deposit in his account and boost her target.
Na so we interprete and misinterprete, twisted and turned, brought to life all the "stories" and "horrors" that happens only in hotels and no where else. Described all the stories about randy bankers, Uncles who stay at hotels and what not.
Every attempt by a few of us to state that there was nothing wrong with a banker going to get a cheque at a hotel was flushed down the toilet.
A few days later, the person came back and stated what happened, turns out the Uncle as most of us had said came for a seminar, insisted she attend and learn global best practices, went to his car, wrote the cheque sent regards to her family and left, meanwhile we had already decided here on how she was going to be rap3d, s3xually harrased etc.
What am I saying? A lot of us need to stop watching African Magic and hearing "stories" where everyone has a bad intention, we need to get our minds out of bad places.
Lazy people will always choose the easy way out, but making the assumption that successful amrried women or women in general must sleep with someone to get somewhere is just low and sad

@Debrief, about men, women, business and hotels
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Tinkybabe(f): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
Amelian:

Nincompoo..ooooo grin.....
Am really amazed and enjoying this topic....mehn, thank God. Am self employed and not overly greedy......ope ooooo cheesy cheesy.....

But greedy to some extent, huh? wink
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by jarkbauer: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
HMM
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by chichi234(f): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2015
Most women will do it.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by MrHighSea: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
bigass:
This is my personal belief. Whether a woman will give her body to keep a job depends on her sexual history and self esteem. A woman with a history of numerous casual sex for immidiate gratification and multiple sexual partners irrespective of her relationship status has little self esteem. This category can do anything to keep her job. While a woman with monogamous setting sexual history who has no history of casual sex has a high self esteem and may not just open her legs to anybody just to keep her job.
how big is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help, My Girlfriend Is Pregnant And She Would'nt Remove It / ... / How Many Are U In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.