Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? (999 Views)

The Wedding Night Sex - Naija Romance Stories / Must Wearing A Ring On The Fourth Finger Be A Sign That One Is Married? / Amazing Fact Why The Wedding Ring Is Worn On The Fourth Finger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Agimor(m): 4:21am On Aug 22, 2013
Subject to the topic, why is the wedding ring wore on the fourth finger. let's have your say.
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by nenergy(m): 5:00am On Aug 22, 2013
Sincerely i don't know, but if were to guess i'd say its because every other finger already have jobs. The thumb does "thumbs up", the index points "accusing finger", middle finger says "f**k you" and the little finger is to hold pinkies with your baby niece.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by k2039: 5:05am On Aug 22, 2013
nenergy: Sincerely i don't know, but if were to guess i'd say its because every other finger already have jobs. The thumb does "thumbs up", the index points "accusing finger", middle finger says "f**k you" and the little finger is to hold pinkies with your baby niece.
LMAO

@OP, it is believed that a vein from this finger goes straight to the heart.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Mynd44: 6:15am On Aug 22, 2013
k2039:
LMAO

@OP, it is believed that a vein from this finger goes straight to the heart.
I would love to know the name of that artery though.....

People come up with all sorts of claims to defend cray actions
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by djeezy(m): 6:17am On Aug 22, 2013
I DON'T KNOW.
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:18am On Aug 22, 2013
Its the most "useless" finger of the lot!

Usually It rarely come in contact with most things when the hand is in use!!

So its a safe place to put an expensive piece of jewellery!!
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by djeezy(m): 6:27am On Aug 22, 2013
Royal Roy: Its the most "useless" finger of the lot!

Usually It rarely come in contact with most things when the hand is in use!!

So its a safe place to put an expensive piece of jewellery!!
Are you sure that's the genuine reason? Well lemme give mine like y'all been talking since, it's cuz the finger symbolizes union of two people who are bonded by love. Definitely, the ring must be worn somewhere, so that finger was chosen.
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:39am On Aug 22, 2013
djeezy: Are you sure that's the genuine reason? Well lemme give mine like y'all been talking since, it's cuz the finger symbolizes union of two people who are bonded by love. Definitely, the ring must be worn somewhere, so that finger was chosen.

Technically incorrect!!

How does it suddenly represent union of two people bonded by love?
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by anthony500(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 22, 2013
djeezy: Are you sure that's the genuine reason? Well lemme give mine like y'all been talking since, it's cuz the finger symbolizes union of two people who are bonded by love. Definitely, the ring must be worn somewhere, so that finger was chosen.
. How do you know...and who told you.?
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by israel007: 8:22am On Aug 22, 2013
nenergy: Sincerely i don't know, but if were to guess i'd say its because every other finger already have jobs. The thumb does "thumbs up", the index points "accusing finger", middle finger says "f**k you" and the little finger is to hold pinkies with your baby niece.

Lmao. Dude u just made my day

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2013
grin lol
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Agimor(m): 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
That is a tentative statement, any way you make sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
I heard dat d forth finger is d only finger dat hs a vein connected to ones heart i dnt knw he tru dat may be
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Sum topics cud make one go sick...*in d name of d father* of d son*of d holy spirit*Amen*
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by switch360(f): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
mumu human tradition
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Agimor(m): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
switch360: mumu human tradition
Which one be human tradition again na.
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Agimor(m): 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
Dubemkelly: Sum topics cud make one go sick...*in d name of d father* of d son*of d holy spirit*Amen*
I can see,you are a confused entity.
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by mentorken05(m): 7:03am On Aug 23, 2013
Pinopinoguy: I heard dat d forth finger is d only finger dat hs a vein connected to ones heart i dnt knw he tru dat may be
vena amoris dey call it
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by mentorken05(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
I would love to know the name of that artery though.....

People come up with all sorts of claims to defend cray actions
vena amoris dey call it
Re: Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger? by Mynd44: 7:40am On Aug 23, 2013
mentorken05: vena amoris dey call it
Therein lies your folly

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vena_amoris

(1) (Reply)

which would you rather date among this two categories of men? / What Do You Think Of Teenage Girls Who Stare At Older Men? / Photo: What Will You Pick If It Happens To You ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.