Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,970 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104117 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:58am On Jul 15, 2015
Okay!

Thanks yall for the comment. Monickk dear would you do us a favour of giving the verdict smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks y'all for the comments. VERDICT : from the comments,this is just an average look,nothing spectacular,nothing out of place. However,his pose is a no no. Hair is just there too. overall,it's just ok. He can do better.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ok people...here is popular designer and controversial critic/blogger Emmy Collins. I like what he is wearing...couldn't get a picture without the coat but I like the shirt I can see..those shoes are to die for and his trousers are well tailored. I just don't get the hat. Not a bad look to me..guys get in here and tell us if you can rock this.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
i dont get the hat either undecided

I feel that the patterned shirt with that trench coat is a no-no. Those kinda coats/jackets are usually worn with a plain shirt(usually white) and then a tie.
(Or maybe am being a bit too old fashioned grin)
Guys oya make una talk

Still observing...
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 6:27am On Jul 16, 2015
Is that a "guy" coat? Coz I see myself in that grin grin I love the coat, perhaps the only exciting thing about the outfit.

Lose the hat pappie, it looks weird.

I like the shirt too but not with the rest of the outfit and Joy, I don't think you must use a plain shirt and tie with this. But that shirt is too busy tho.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2015
I like the shirt too but not with the rest of the outfit and Joy, I don't think you must use a plain shirt and tie with this. But that shirt is too busy tho
Hey Ada dear, I said it is usually worn with a plain shirt and tie not that is a must.Usually a plain top turtle neck with that coat or plain shirt with tie (depending on the occasion).it is possible to have someone break this nomal norm but it's not very likely. Like I said maybe am a bit old fashioned. grin

Anyways we both agree that the shirt looks off on the outfit cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
Come on people more comments...let's keep it rolling smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
I don't know much about men's fashion but I hate when a man is trying to hard to be fashionable or wearing 'to-match'.

That said, he looks ridiculous to me.
Tryna match the pink hat with the pink blouse-shirt plus the coat is tight around his waist

Men don't wear tight body clingy clothes.

I like manly dressed men not pinky pinky.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
Yea,I completely get where he was going with this look. The old british look.

He needs to ditch the hat,and the shirt has too much going. The whole look is a lot,a plane shirt would have been better.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
if i know this guy, i will raid his closet & take that shirt & trench. Tres feminique. I just dont appreciate the look. He's working too hard to look metrosexual
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
Okay 1 or 2 more comments and then we move on to another pic.

Where are our guys na?
Dre11,nimen, onegig tongue grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Since comments are not fort coming, I guess the verdict would be given.

I appreciate everyone for their comments so far, btw welcome ahsekeena and Joavid to the thread smiley

VERDICT

From the comments above I have come up with the following:

Honestly that shirt with the hat is a no no. A plain shirt would have better. Too Feminine to most people, the shoes,trousers and bag manageable. Infact just too much going on undecided

Sorry dude, but you would be fined severly for that hat and shirt. Please don't try such combo next time.

NEXT PIC PLS smiley

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ini Edo vs Lupita Nyong'o in red cape dress.

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
What was Ini thinking with that hideous hair and accessories? The dress is loud enough, why "spice it up"? That lady really needs to learn that 'less is more'.

I'll go with Lupita on this one. Nice pose, minimal accessories and make-up. Sophistication at its peak. kiss

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2015
The dress suits her well but the pose ruined it. Her hair and earring is also a disaster.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 5:36am On Jul 23, 2015
This comparison is not fair grin we all know that this was a fashion moment for Lupita...

Anyhoo... i'm going with Lupita on this one although the dress looks good on Ini, her hair and makeup(is that pink eye shadow?) is not cool.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2015
Lol! I swear this seems like deja vu

I love this babe Ini but somehow she has a way of disapointing when it comes to fashion lipsrsealed

The dress looks nice on her but those accesories are too much. The hair do sef I don't even know what word to use to describe it. undecided With the make up to make things even worse.

Of course lupita on the other hand looks very simple: light make up,lil accesories,nice hair do. smiley

Lupita it is!cheesy

Btw welcome back mitchyy
Where's luxanne,thatgurlvixen,andromida,creamish and ko?
So 1 or 2 more comments before the verdict would be taken

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
The dress does looked divine on their physiques. They both got the sizes that fits. Nice poses also.

@INI, nice smile there, but hair, makeup, accessories? Eish! They all ruined that dress for you.

I give my vote to Lupita Nyong'o please.

And @ the last pic, one word - Ridiculous grin

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 4:05am On Jul 24, 2015
VERDICT

Thanks everyone for the comments so far thanks mitchyy for the pic

it is quite obvious who the winner of this WHO WORE IT BETTER is

Our beautiful kenyan mexican Actress Lupita Nyong'o

sorry Ini you just fall our hand on this outfit please dont try such again abeg! angry angry

Next Pic PLs smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
^^please ogedazzle this thread aint for adverts,kindly edit your post to avoid getting banned in this section. Thanks

Okay people, got a big surprise for yall, last year I asked for suggestions on this thread to make it a bit more lively. Someone mentioned us diversifying fashion police to include our beautiful African attire. So starting from next month 3 days of the week would solely deal with us posting pictures of Africa attires and talking on different kinds of wears from different tribes in Nigeria and Africa has a whole.

Anyone is allowed to post,this will be used to encourage people who aren't used to traditional wears and so fort smiley

Any suggestions to make it more interesting is highly welcomed and for the days I guess fri,sat and sun should be good if not, we can always leave a comment below smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by cao(f): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Chei! Joywendy, the comparison was not fair at all. My bad, it was mitchyy that posted it, not cool, not cool at all...

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by cao(f): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
I should have taken pictures during the Royal Ascot. Usually, when I travelling from work, I change trains at Ascot station. Omo, never have I seen so many pretentious people dressed in monkey suits, top hats and garnishes masquerading as hats. Look, I was tired and their asses would not follow the usual train etiquette (you clear a route for the people coming out before you go in), so I didn't have any energy to be courteous.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
Lolz those are some funny pics right there @cao, I really appreciate the photos. At least this is better to look at than that other guys pic before lipsrsealed at least a lil desert before the main meal. cheesy grin

Now we got a picture here of rita trying to look all western with her brown knee high boots, blue jeans, sky blue shirt and a fur coat. She then completed the look with a black Chanel bag and sunglasses.

What do you think? Cool or off?
I personally think she has too much going on, especially that hair do and that pose just not working for me. undecided

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
too much going on. sometimes less is more and this is one of those instances. I don't even like the boots. so not stylish. looks like she is struggling with the fur coat which imo she coulda done without. Rita is too petite to wear knee high boots. makes her look shorter.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
@
Cao,

What a festivity! Lool...costumes looked cool in a way tho.

@
Rita - its an off for me.

I agree with you both that she got too much going on plus they all seemed to be wearing her instead - her hair, the fur coat, boots, bag.

Not feeling this look.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 10:01am On Jul 30, 2015
Monickk and luxanne thanks for your comments. I agree with you guys, maybe if it was much taller person that boots would have been cool. I couldn't get her pic without that fur coat, I m sure it would have been better.

Anyways did you guys see my former comment on the thread about the african attire stuff,any suggestions would be appreciated smiley

Let's keep this thread moving people! 2 comments and the verdict would be given
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2015
I can't even appreciate the outfit coz I can't see it. The fur coat is just a mess. Looks more messy with the hair.

The boots look like rain boots grin but it's not so bad sha, I think short peeps can totally rock knee high boots too.

Her bag is nice(duh...).

Overall, it's a miss.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Creamish(f): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
Haba..

Was she on a mission to wear all she has before leaving the country? Wayyyyy too much going on. Nice pair of jeans tho...

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by cao(f): 12:17am On Jul 31, 2015
luxanne:
@
Cao,

What a festivity! Lool...costumes looked cool in a way tho.
It's really a big deal to them, even The Royal Family turns up. Seriously though, after all that dressing up, all they did was watch short people ride big ass horses, whipping those majestic beings for sport. Sorry, I'm supposed to say, they whip the horse for encouragement & focus...
http://www.thepja.co.uk/members-info/regulatory/useofwhip/

Creamish:
Haba..
Was she on a mission to wear all she has before leaving the country? Wayyyyy too much going on. Nice pair of jeans tho...
This made me laugh louder than I should have.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:17am On Jul 31, 2015
VERDICT

Thanks yall for the comments so far!
From the comments above have come up with the following

There is nothing to say here. You messed up big time, this is so unlike you. Too many things going on,its seems like that fur coat is wearing you. The hair seems out of place, The shoes look terrible seems like you were in a rush and just picked what you had in your closet. Take away the coat,the shoes and do the hair a bit and it would have been fabulous! Unfortunately that aint the case undecided this is a fashion catastprohe! angry

Sorry Ms.rita, you are thereby fined for the above fashion blunders

NEXT PLEASE!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply)

Who Is Star Delguidice? Lady With Bum Implants Unable To Sit Down (see Photos) / Trendy And Classy Women Wears In Vogue From Tito Collection / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.