Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,275 members, 7,853,336 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:48 PM

How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? (6467 Views)

Firefighter Who Died While Responding To Fire In Onitsha Market Fire Buried(pics / This Is Onitsha. Where Exactly Is Willie Working / Us- Onitsha Market The Biggest In D World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by KwuoteYourFada: 6:34am On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
figures and source?
The only sources for this absurd claim are recycled blogs

What is the size?
What is the volume?

Have you been to the market before?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Corn247: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2023
I remember this tread that time. No evidence still
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2023
Corn247:

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2023
Corn247:

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2023
Corn247:

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 11:13am On Nov 16, 2023
Corn247:
The world doesn't revolve around Lagos

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by OAFMods: 11:28am On Nov 16, 2023
I love how foolish Igbo like you lie to yourself shamelessly even when the photos you post tell a different story.

XerXers:

The world doesn't revolve around Lagos
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by amadice(m): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2023
0monnak0da:
I really would appreciate it if someone can give us some information on the SIZE of ONITSHA MAIN MARKET.
Often we hear it is the biggest in the Milky Way but there is very little to substantiate this claim. I have always believed this and got into an argument with some Ghana(nians grin) yesterday and was made to look silly. Naturally you would agree it is not good for Ghananians(sic) to make Nigerians look silly. So can any one help us out .
What is the size of ONITSHA MAIN MARKET in Square metres or square feet Also some photographs please. I need to silence Chaaaaly Achampon once and for all!!

There is the retarded way you yoruba thinks, your Inferior complex way of reasoning. if you want to get the size of Onitsha Market find your way down to Onitsha and do the measurement yourself. Fucck you and your Ghanaian Charly. Its goes to show how jobless you and you charly are, Onitsha People are busy. Anu ohia

2 Likes

Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Corn247: 11:41am On Nov 16, 2023
XerXers:

All the shops u posted here is not up to 30 sha, is that your biggest?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Have you been to the market before?

Anyone can come online and ask stupid questions
Have you been to all the markets in Africa before?
How then does one declare a particular market in Africa to be the biggest

Logic ??
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by KwuoteYourFada: 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

Logic ??

Come over and check it out and compare it with somewhere else.

I have better things doing.

I can't help a caveman who doesn't want to travel and see things for themselves
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Raf4: 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2023
amadice:

There is the retarded way you yoruba thinks, your Inferior complex way of reasoning. if you want to get the size of Onitsha Market find your way down to Onitsha and do the measurement yourself. Fucck you and your Ghanaian Charly. Its goes to show how jobless you and you charly are, Onitsha People are busy. Anu ohia

By landmass, Bodija market in Ibadan is bigger than Onitsha market.
By revenue, Balogun market in Lagos Island is bigger than Ochanja Onitsha market.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Raf4: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2023
By landmass, Bodija market & Dugbe market in Ibadan are bigger than Onitsha market.
By revenue, Balogun market in Lagos Island & Alaba market are bigger than Ochanja Onitsha market.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

Logic ??
Just because you are stuck I'm you mud house doesn't mean others are. You that rejected the generally accepted fact should provide alternative data to disprove it or shut up. No place compare with Anambra in commerce. Lagos is not strategically positioned for commerce
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Raf4:
By landmass, Bodija market & Dugbe market in Ibadan are bigger than Onitsha market.
By revenue, Balogun market in Lagos Island & Alaba market are bigger than Ochanja Onitsha market.
Not revenue, but volume of goods. No come carry IGR madness enter here. Who and who buys from Alaba and bodija? Do you know the extent of catchment areas for Onitsha and Aba traders? Do you know that number of markets in these two cities?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
amadice:

Igbos wey de run the markets Nationwide de tell them but them wan argue
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2023
XerXers:

Just because you are stuck I'm you mud house doesn't mean others are. You that rejected the generally accepted fact should provide alternative data to disprove it or shut up. No place compare with Anambra in commerce. Lagos is not strategically positioned for commerce

Generally accepted by whom.

The fact that you are choosing to be abusive highlights your emptiness

Leave all the noise

And answer two simple questions
1. What is the land mass of Onitsha market
2. What is the average daily sales in Onitsha market?

If you cannot provide that
shut up and naff off
I am not interested in making this personal

Just provide evidence or fuc.k off
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
OAFMods:
I love how foolish Igbo like you lie to yourself shamelessly even when the photos you post tell a different story.

Photos show 4 to 5 floors for each shop. Show us what you have in your brown roof region. By the height of the line of shops you can estimate the total volume of goods housed in the market
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
XerXers:

Not revenue, but volume of goods. No come carry IGR madness enter here. Who and who buys from Alaba and bodija? Do you know the extent of catchment areas for Onitsha and Aba traders? Do you know that number of markets in these two cities?
How is volume of goods measured?
Does this include food?
Is Onitsha the largest cattle market?
The largest petrol market?
The largest stock market?
The largest garri market?
The largest tomato market
The largest cement market?
The largest catfish market?
Which one?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

No wonder Tinubu said , na statistics we go chop? See, there are competent international authorities that surveyed these things before it became known to the public. The other day a report said that Aba consumption per capita is higher than Lagos, una wail tire
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2023
XerXers:

Photos show 4 to 5 floors for each shop. Show us what you have in your brown roof region. By the height of the line of shops you can estimate the total volume of goods housed in the market

You are making claims with stupid photographs

That is unsubstantiated nonsense.
Do they sell cattle in that building?
Or cattle is not part of market?
How many cows are sold in Onitsha daily?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by jude79(m): 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
0m0nnakoda:

I no cry if dem born you well face me with abuse language no dey pass corner
Face me direct
You have lost the main argument

Heeeh!!! What's wrong with you, take it easy, it is what it is, onitsha is the biggest market in West Africa.
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2023
XerXers:

Get out of this thread and stop annoying us with meaningless comments. It's your duty to disprove or you shut up
make all the noise you can before you are banned
Learn how to debate like a civilised person
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
XerXers:

No wonder Tinubu said , na statistics we go chop? See, there are competent international authorities that surveyed these things before it became known to the public. The other day a report said that Aba consumption per capita is higher than Lagos, una wail tire
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
jude79:

Heeeh!!! What's wrong with you, take it easy, it is what it is, onitsha is the biggest market in West Africa.

Evidence?
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:

Does this include food?
Is Onitsha the largest cattle market?
The largest petrol market?
The largest stock market?
The largest garri market?
The largest tomato market
The largest cement market?
The largest catfish market?
Which one?
Now we are getting to the root of your ignorance. We are talking about one market here called "main market" not the whole market in Onitsha. We are talking about one single market. There are many specialized markets in Onitsha and environs. Eg. Building materials market Ogidi. Electrical market Obosi. Spare parts market Nkpor, Drug market Head bridge. If it's about all markets combined nobody is close to Anambra
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by XerXers: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2023
Gajagojo:
make all the noise you can before you are banned
Learn how to debate like a civilised person
Stop disgracing yourself asking useless questions. Don't debate when you lack knowledge of the subject matter
Re: How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? by Gajagojo: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2023
XerXers:

Now we are getting to the root of your ignorance. We are talking about one market here called "main market" not the whole market in Onitsha. We are talking about one single market. There are many specialized markets in Onitsha and environs. Eg. Building materials market Ogidi. Electrical market Obosi. Spare parts market Nkpor, Drug market Head bridge. If it's about all markets combined nobody is close to Anambra
What is the land mass occupied by this main market and what is the average daily sales

You are taking too long
To answer simple questions

Stop the noise and name calling

Just answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Profile Of The New Amnest Cordinator. Gen. Paul Boroh / NASS To Receive Food Hygiene Bill / The Fulani Man Has Been Discovered And Stripped Naked[photos ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.