Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) (10776 Views)

To Athiests, What Are Your Reasons For Dumping Religious Faith To Athiesm / The Glamour Of Atheism / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by truthislight: 10:01am On Sep 02, 2013
(Ezekiel 18:12-20).

12 “Therefore you, O son of man, say to the children of your people: ‘The righteousness of the righteous man shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression; as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall because of it in the day that he turns from his wickedness; nor shall the righteous be able to live because of his righteousness in the day that he sins.’ 13 When I say to the righteous that he shall surely live, but he trusts in his own righteousness and commits iniquity, none of his righteous works shall be remembered; but because of the iniquity that he has committed, he shall die. 14 Again, when I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ if he turns from his sin and does what is lawful and right, 15 if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has stolen, and walks in the statutes of life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 16 None of his sins which he has committed shall be remembered against him; he has done what is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

17 “Yet the children of your people say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ But it is their way which is not fair! 18 When the righteous turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, he shall die because of it. 19 But when the wicked turns from his wickedness and does what is lawful and right, he shall live because of it. 20 Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ O house of Israel, I will judge every one of you according to his own ways.”

(Ezekiel 18:12-20).
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2013
@truth is light
Mr Troll: is your god omniscient or not?
i just need a yes or no?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by truthislight: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2013
Mr Troll: @truth is light ("is your God Omniscient ?" ) i just need a yes or no?

my bible in no place used that ^ word to described my(Bible God) God.

Point out where and what you are refering to in the bible so that i can understand what you are trying to say.

Imputting human philosophy does not concern me nor the bible.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2013
truthislight:

my bible in no place used that ^ word to described my(Bible God) God.

Point out where and what you are refering to in the bible so that i can understand what you are trying to say.

Imputting human philosophy does not concern me nor the bible.
is this a no then? your bible god is NOT omniscient?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by truthislight: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mr Troll: is this a no then? your bible god is NOT omniscient?

Wetin consign agberoo with overload

Wetin consign nonbiblical word with Yahweh ??
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
truthislight:

You dey vex?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
truthislight:

How does God 'knowing everything that is happening' equate to his 'predestining all humans' ?

"At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them." (Jeremiah 18:7-10).

Knowledge of the future with certainty is predestination........better read sime philosophy
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by truthislight: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Knowledge of the future with certainty is predestination........better read sime philosophy

Better read what Yahweh says are his mode of dealing with humans.

That humans have a choice to decide what to do and what happens to them based on their choices:

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15).

^
Predestination my foot. grin cheesy
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
Erm, xtians, this can be addressed, yet I see very little of that...
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
truthislight:

bros, I just want to avoid ambiguities. Is yahweh omniscient or not? Just gimme a straight answer na abeg.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
truthislight:

Better read what Yahweh says are his mode of dealing with humans.

That humans have a choice to decide what to do and what happens to them based on their choices:

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15).

^
Predestination my foot. grin cheesy

Lol......

Smh......I am weak....how do I address this guy’s ignorance?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by truthislight: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol......

Smh......I am weak....how do I address this guy’s ignorance?

Lol. grin

nothing to "address", you can only assess Yahweh based on what he says and did. QED.

You cannot take panadol for another persons headache. Neither will Yahweh.

Why coined a word, defined it and attribut it to Yahweh ?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Kay17: 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
italo: Where is the evidence for your claim that God doesnt exist? Simple.

That's a meaningless, baseless, foundationless question because it is utmost important the term God be defined and a claim thereof be substantiated! Hence automatically the theist is burdened with the responsibility to "make" his claim.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 5:05am On Sep 03, 2013
Kay 17:

That's a meaningless, baseless, foundationless question because it is utmost important the term God be defined and a claim thereof be substantiated! Hence automatically the theist is burdened with the responsibility to "make" his claim.

A claim is a claim. I claim God exists. You claim he doesnt. If you cant prove your claim, why should I prove mine? If God is yet to be defined as you say, how can you then assert that something you dont know/understand doesnt exist?

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Kay17: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2013
italo:

A claim is a claim. I claim God exists. You claim he doesnt. If you cant prove your claim, why should I prove mine? If God is yet to be defined as you say, how can you then assert that something you dont know/understand doesnt exist?

Yet my claim stands as an antithesis to yours! It is built against your claim. Your inability to create a coherent claim proves our claim!
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 2:54am On Sep 04, 2013
Kay 17:

Yet my claim stands as an antithesis to yours! It is built against your claim. Your inability to create a coherent claim proves our claim!

Our claim is coherent to us. It was coherent to me when I was told and I believed...along with billions of others.

So, to us, nothing proves your claim.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 3:14am On Sep 04, 2013
Theists, una fall my hand.

Okay, here's another proposition.

The number one difference, in a manner of speak, or ostensibly in a sense, or yadda yadda yadda, between humans and current computers is; humans can make mistakes. Humans can hold a proposition that are false for years as true, no problems whatsoever.

We can operate even when faced with problems a turing machine cannot solve, eg when faced with this infamous 'conundrum'

"This statement is false"

A human doesn't crash, we somehow just continue to operate. A computer, of course, cannot deal with such propositions per se. It can't give you a true, false, or definite scalar value as the answer. Of course, this is a simplification, but the point should be clear.

Now, holding a false proposition as true is indubitably....foo.lish. Look at religions built around blind faith for instance. As humans operate this way, we tend to be.....foo.lish.... very much so. Again, read theist threads to see what I mean.

Anyways, if god is supposed to be the perfect consciousness, replete with anthropomorphism, and consciousness is built around stoopidity, then god, by default, is the most stoopid being in existence. The perfect foo.lishness. Prove me wrong.

This can also be proven using the obvious; he's omnipotent, so obviously he's also the most foo.lish being in the universe (along with the smartest as well), but we can ignore that. So all the math adds up, see?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by greatgenius: 6:06am On Sep 04, 2013
^^^ lol you and your anger sometimes .. of course God is the most foolish as well as the most smartest.. Does the saying the alpha and omega mean anything to you?..simply put THERE IS NOTHING THAT GOD IS NOT..she is all things. He is both the smallest and biggest as well as everything else in between.. he is the darkness and the light .. the "devil" and the angel . Love/hate.. I could go on and on but you get the drift..

The problem and confusion is that most people erroneously due to their limited awareness perceive and only attribute the positive end of the duality(good/bad) to God and not both.. And the "negative" end thus denoted as the "Devil".. But the truth is both are different extremes of the same thing - God

P/s let me add that the negative end or dark side is an illusion.. we "created" it for a reason..e.g there can be no smartest without its equally direct opposite the dumbest or most foolish..such a concept will not hold.. we created relativity from the beginning of time for a reason. TO EXPERIENCE.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 6:13am On Sep 04, 2013
wiegraf: Theists, una fall my hand.

Okay, here's another proposition.

The number one difference, in a manner of speak, or ostensibly in a sense, or yadda yadda yadda, between humans and current computers is; humans can make mistakes. Humans can hold a proposition that are false for years as true, no problems whatsoever.

We can operate even when faced with problems a turing machine cannot solve, eg when faced with this infamous 'conundrum'

"This statement is false"

A human doesn't crash, we somehow just continue to operate. A computer, of course, cannot deal with such propositions per se. It can't give you a true, false, or definite scalar value as the answer. Of course, this is a simplification, but the point should be clear.

Now, holding a false proposition as true is indubitably....foo.lish. Look at religions built around blind faith for instance. As humans operate this way, we tend to be.....foo.lish.... very much so. Again, read theist threads to see what I mean.

Anyways, if god is supposed to be the perfect consciousness, replete with anthropomorphism, and consciousness is built around stoopidity, then god, by default, is the most stoopid being in existence. The perfect foo.lishness. Prove me wrong.

This can also be proven using the obvious; he's omnipotent, so obviously he's also the most foo.lish being in the universe (along with the smartest as well), but we can ignore that. So all the math adds up, see?

@satan, who decides who/what is foolish and what is wise. All Atheists or some of them?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2013
italo:

@satan, who decides who/what is foolish and what is wise. All Atheists or some of them?

This means god is subject to satan, a true master

It could also explain some of yahwehs psychosis
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2013
wiegraf:

This means god is subject to satan, a true master

It could also explain some of yahwehs psychosis

No. I am asking you who decides what is foolish and what is wise.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2013
italo:

No. I am asking you who decides what is foolish and what is wise.

Logic
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by wiegraf: 9:18am On Sep 04, 2013
greatgenius: ^^^ lol you and your anger sometimes .. of course God is the most foolish as well as the most smartest.. Does the saying the alpha and omega mean anything to you?..simply put THERE IS NOTHING THAT GOD IS NOT..she is all things. He is both the smallest and biggest as well as everything else in between.. he is the darkness and the light .. the "devil" and the angel . Love/hate.. I could go on and on but you get the drift..

The problem and confusion is that most people erroneously due to their limited awareness perceive and only attribute the positive end of the duality(good/bad) to God and not both.. And the "negative" end thus denoted as the "Devil".. But the truth is both are different extremes of the same thing - God

P/s let me add that the negative end or dark side is an illusion.. we "created" it for a reason..e.g there can be no smartest without its equally direct opposite the dumbest or most foolish..such a concept will not hold.. we created relativity from the beginning of time for a reason. TO EXPERIENCE.

This is obviously beyond them. They insist god is responsible for good only. Bad? No. Despite his creating everything....

.... And being omnipotent as well

Alpha and omega, as you say. This is whargarbl, but they still insist it's so.

It's fun watching those not afraid to face this fact address it, they become heretics. On this forum there's.obadiah (satan is god's partner) and okeyzxy (being xtian 'good' is hard and not secular 'good')

By your definitions in your ps, everything is an illusion
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Kay17: 9:22am On Sep 04, 2013
italo:

Our claim is coherent to us. It was coherent to me when I was told and I believed...along with billions of others.

So, to us, nothing proves your claim.

You are meaning to say, God is a subjective experience to you and the billion theists?!
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 11:39am On Sep 04, 2013
wiegraf:

Logic

Who decides what is logical?

Atheists?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 11:43am On Sep 04, 2013
Kay 17:

You are meaning to say, God is a subjective experience to you and the billion theists?!

You have a mother. But you were told at some point in your life and you believed.

Does that mean your mother is a subjective experience to you?

I repeat! Our claim is coherent to us...so to us, your claim lies unproven.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Kay17: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sw
italo:

You have a mother. But you were told at some point in your life and you believed.

Does that mean your mother is a subjective experience to you?

I repeat! Our claim is coherent to us...so to us, your claim lies unproven.

This is overly sentimental. One thing to note, all beliefs are not true by virtue of being mere beliefs.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by plaetton: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kay 17: Sw

This is overly sentimental. One thing to note, all beliefs are not true by virtue of being mere beliefs.
So some true by virtue of ........?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by italo: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kay 17: Sw

What makes beliefs true?
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by MrTroll(m): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
italo:

What makes beliefs true?
evidence. Facts. Proof beyond reasonable doubt.

1 Like

Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by UyiIredia(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

If your future is already known, then you have no freewill. You are just on the path that God chose

So if I know you'll marry and will sh@g another girl before then, does that mean you can't choose not to ? SMH.
Re: FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

So if I know you'll marry and will sh@g another girl before then, does that mean you can't choose not to ? SMH.

Ode......certainty is key

An omniscient being knows the future with 100% certainty.

I could die before I marry. You dont have even 60% certainty that you or I will see tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Stephen Oni: Buhari Should Not Contest 2019 Election - Says Anglican Bishop / Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.