Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter (27849 Views)

Osinbajo At Tunde Bakare's Daughter's Wedding (photos) / Niger Delta: Buhari Made Me Cry Today, Essien Attah / Babagana Monguno: Meet The Man That Buhari Made National Security Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by TeeiWi(m): 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
U see? Its all clear...
See the Historians and d defendants of the "political-bound" man of God...

The man only said he wept the last tym he was called to come and contest in which he failed...Yess I commend your intellect that you all know he's actually sayin more than that...

"2015" on his mind!!! And I think It would have been much appreciated if they come out straight with his intentions instead of the "cry-story"....

Hypocrites...
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
This gal didn't know what the tears of Joy is.

Next story abeg
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by OpinionLeader: 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
"Pastor Tunde Bakare's daughter, Olubunmi Bakare - a Political Science graduate from the Emory University, Atlanta, United States"[color=#990000]

[/color]Interesting! I thought Pastor Bakare is above board? Where did he get the money he used to sponsor his daughter for further studies abroad if not from Tithes and Offerings? He would have been first to criticize any other Pentecostal Pastor who did that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against it but not from 'revered saint' Pastor Tunde Bakare.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by DESMONDIME1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
fujirice:
In all honesty, I loved that man to the bone marrow. His courage is something worthy of emulation BUT I bowed my head in shame when I discovered his acceptance to Buhari's proposal. Even if it were to be GEJ that asked him (I'm a fan of GEJ mind you) I'd still be sorely disappointed in him if he accepts. For God's sake he was acting as a check to the excesses of our government. Why would he marr that position by meddling in politics with them. With that singular act, we lost a voice that day in dat man as no sensible Nigerian will view what he says now against our government without suspecting a political undertone to it no matter how true his position is. He made anybody that'll oppose the government look like they have a prize! Its just too sad.

You are very funny,aren't you praying for good leadership in this country? If you restrict all clergy men from leadership position in this nation,is it the money minded,bad,selfish leaders whose interest is not the citizen,
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by thaoriginator: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
Opinion_Leader: "Pastor Tunde Bakare's daughter, Olubunmi Bakare - a Political Science graduate from the Emory University, Atlanta, United States"[color=#990000]

[/color]Interesting! I thought Pastor Bakare is above board? Where did he get the money he used to sponsor his daughter for further studies abroad if not from Tithes and Offerings? He would have been first to criticize any other Pentecostal Pastor who did that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally against it but not from 'revered saint' Pastor Tunde Bakare.
shut up your dirty rotten mouth there! hin get PJ like your thieving pastors?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by mkpakana1: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Fa fa fa foul
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by DESMONDIME1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Teei-Wi:
U see? Its all clear...
See the Historians and d defendants of the "political-bound" man of God...

The man only said he wept the last tym he was called to come and contest in which he failed...Yess I commend your intellect that you all know he's actually sayin more than that...

"2015" on his mind!!! And I think It would have been much appreciated if they come out straight with his intentions instead of the "cry-story"....

Hypocrites...
I think you are the hypocrite here.Is there anything wrong for a man of God to take up a leadership position in this nation? Lets encourage clergy men to occupy leadership position in this nation,atleast with the help of God in their Ministry,things will change in this nation. We're tired of all this Occultist ruling this nation without the fear of God in them.How I wish a man of God takes up the leadership position in this nation,so that we can see the difference.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by david290(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
dis 1 no b news.kike abeg carry me comot 4 dis place.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Burger01(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Why did your dad weep For being a terrorist running mate I presumed undecided That must have been 'tears of regret'.. undecided
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Woman you have spoken well.

Let him rest, or is there anything your dad forgot in Aso Rock and now wants to get it back?

I also have good intentions for Nigerians if you must know, let him relax make I rule first na. undecided
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by josite: 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
if im a man of GOD I will asked GOD TO TELL ME WHETHER IM WIINING THE ELECTION OR JUST GOING INTO ELECTION FOR OTHER REASONS AND WILL TELL ALL UPFRONT THAT I KNOW I WILL NOT WIN BUT AM IN IT AS DIRECTED BY GOD.bakare missed it somewhere and he should just admit it/of what relevance is the cry or the belated story about the cry.how would a man like bakare fared under a man like buhari.it would have been worse than obj/atiku fight.les concede as idiotic as the presidency is there is peace in the presidency between the sleepy Jonah and the docile sambo.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by crackhouse(m): 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
oh yes that was the cry of joy.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Caleboha(m): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
fujirice:
Point of correction sir, it was only David that enjoyed that privilege. When Saul tried it, it brought his downfall.
Solomon was nowhere a priest and a king either
"Is Saul also among the prophets?" I hope this sentence is in your bible?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by hybeekay9: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Brimmie: [size=20]HYPOCRITES!![/size]
Stupidity sad
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by princenayo: 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
Why did he cry while he told us that God specifically asked him to run for that election.?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by OpinionLeader: 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
tha_originator: shut up your dirty rotten mouth there! hin get PJ like your thieving pastors?
You want to be noticed! Congrats, your wish has been granted!!

Can't you make your senseless argument without resorting to insult? APC Political Thug like you!!! For your information, it is not everyone on Nairaland that affiliates with a party. Stop politicizing everything. What has PJ got to do with this?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by delight03: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
God bless u
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Akiika: 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Too much idiots on this forum, that's why few idiotic politicians brazenly rob you of your right. Keep up the tribal and religious bigotry, we'll see how much it'll help. Shioooor!
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Caleboha: Hate him as you may, that dude stood up against the tyrants of the military in Nigeria and got jailed severally, something many so-called lovers of Nigeria were not bold enough to do. He spoke against the ills of government even when there was obviously nothing in it for him. His alliance with Buhari will remain a dent on his reputation but no man is above mistakes! It may have been one act of selfishness but he is only human. His critics easily forget when he spoke vehemently against Abacha and even allegedly prophesied his death, was that selfishness and hypocrisy too? undecided
That is hw we have stopped ppl that would have save this country. I dont see anything wrong 4 a pastor to be involve politics. Did God command that a pastor can nt rule or be a president. Must all policticians partake in bloodshed to become elected. Thats hw ppl discourage ppl in church that u shuldt jion politics. If it is D believers that are to change things in this nation and u say they shuld nt go, then how will D change come. Is there anything that dont subcumb to change? Encourage D godly and soon we see that one wont be evil or need to jion a society to be elected. Nelson Mandela fut for 27yrs 4 what he believed and it came true.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by honeeyplum(f): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
What did he do after they lost?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Kingspin(m): 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Who will not weep & shout for sudden big wealth..Thank God nobody got mad.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by ecnuel: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
mr_king: thank u for Boldly spelling it out! One word that skips M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ brain when it comes to spelling! Lols!

Please, read inbetween the lines. The coerced/forced side of the story is from the imagination of the reporter. The lady's story started from the second paragraph. All I can discern from her story was that her dad had no such intention until Buhari called him and that he was quite emotional about it. Tunde is still a human being.

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Deiok(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hmmm.. Surprising. Well i wish him the best in his next attempt.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by paschalomenihu: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
HE IS ONE NIGERIA I LOVE AND I WILL NOT WANT HIM TO GO INTO POLITIC AGAIN, HE ADVICE THEM. BUT DO THEY HAVE HEARING EARS?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
So, let me get this straight. The problem isn't that Tunde Bakare is corrupt, but that he's too clean to soil his hands trying to clean the filth that is Nigeria?
Now, I'm over-convinced Nigeria deserves the leaders it has. Jonathan ride on.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Iykeponti(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
JESUS OF OYINBO!!! BY THEIR FRUIT WE SHALL KNOW DEM angry
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by aldehyde: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
fresh_dude: So, let me get this straight. The problem isn't that Tunde Bakare is corrupt, but that he's too clean to soil his hands trying to clean the filth that is Nigeria?
Now, I'm over-convinced Nigeria deserves the leaders it has. Jonathan ride on.

@fresh_dude, Thanks jare. The comments of people makes one wonder if democracy is really the best form of government. Perhaps Winston Churchill knows a thing or two when he said 'the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.' With this kind of reasoning by the voters, why do we still wonder why Nigeria is like this?
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
holyvirgin: Eyaa...
Buhari also wept
Now we are told Bakare also wept!sad
Politics is for the strong not for cry babies.
GEJ before he became president we were told he had no shoes undecided but he knew that weeping can never take him to Aso rock may be nigerians are tired of people who keeps using their tears to blackmail them.
Someone should tell those duo to grow up jare. sad
Hunger hasn't killed fools like u yet? Don't worry, return Jonathan in 2015 and watch as even Somalia denies u entry into their country.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by generalJumong1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
For those of you who were using your dirty mouth to spoil Bakare's name,how many of your father mean your fathers had the gut to talk during abacha regime and even during fuel subsidy,how many of your father came out then,yes we all use the boldness of Bakare to fought like a lion then.well I don't blame many of you,is either you are in tens or probably not up to 30yrs.and for those of you that are over 30yrs hmmmmmmmmmm I really pity your unborn children because you have already uprooted what would been their joy. well am sure history will tell that you are one of the people that make life difficult for them and u knoW what their curse will never let you rest.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
digospel2: The greatest mistake of Tunde Bakare is venturing into political elective office. The office of a prophet in the Bible is higher than that of a king. He reduced and rubbished himself by yielding to the advice of his daughter. My advise to him is to return to God and seek for mercy so that God can reposition him in the prophetic office.
Hey, crazy Nigerian religious fanatic, go find out the definition of a Prophet.
Re: My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
andyanders: So, as a man of God, he was not following the God he was worshiping to actually ask God if he can win, rather he was listening to Buhari.
As a man of God, he should have gone to his inner room to ask God " This race with Buhari, can we win" God would have told him not to, rather he Bakare chose to listen to Buhari hence the birth of Boko Haram with their utterances.
If her Dad hears from God, speaks to God and listens to his God, he wouldn't have gone into politics and lost.
He should ask the likes of Prophet T.B Joshua, Dr Kris Okafor, men of God who hears from God and they will advise him.
So, u really believe there are Nigerians that can speak directly to God? Wow, u guys are indeed a F*ck8d up in the head set of people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-Rufai Holds Dinner With Old Mates From Harvard, Others In Ethiopia / Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Obasanjo’s Letter To Buhari / 'Peter Obi Is Using June 12 For Cruise' - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.