Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Is There Anything As "too Compatible" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything As "too Compatible" (2420 Views)

What Month Of Birth Are You Compatible With In Your Relationship? / My Girlfriend Is Nice To Me,i Love Her But Im Beginning To See Us Nt Compatible. / Love Match Are You Compatible With Him Or Her ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2008
a friend of mine @work is on the verge of breaking off her relationship of 2yrs with her guy. she said they begun dating while he was in nigeria and upon his departure they decided to make it official as in a committed relationship.basically, the rest of the relationship as been ova the phone and occasional visits which she makes abroad . the guy came back 2 weeks ago and came up with this line of how they are too close and too compatible to be lovers and says they're better off as close friends, that brother & sister kinda friendship thing. clearly my friends upset but i feel theres more to it than meets the eye. first of all , i thought compatibily was a thumbs up for any relationship, and secondly i believe the brother & sister sort of friendship thing takes time to build up, how can u claim to be too close or too compatible with someone u barely dated for about 6 months before ur trip i think she needs to find out more, what do yáll think??
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by NegroNtns(m): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2008
He is telling her its over but wants to remain friends with her. He is using the friendship offer to cushion the blow, hoping it will console her emotions.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by deor03(m): 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2008
It's game over
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by doe82: 8:38am On Jun 11, 2008
too bad!Tell ur friend her guy is walking away,I wish her d best and let her know she still got nice guys like us, Its no doubt the end of the world
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by jkpretty(f): 9:03am On Jun 11, 2008
He has found someone else.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 11, 2008
it's Crystal clear he wants out,yr friend sud kno now. . undecidedanyway,no wonder they say lov is blind.mine ain't!
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by zheroes(m): 10:14am On Jun 11, 2008
kai!! this babe has been checkmated!!!
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2008
jkpretty:

He has found someone else.

exactly what i think.

but if he has, its no big deal. why can't guys come out and just say it the craig david way "i just don't love u no more" . as hurtful as it mite be, it puts everything in a clear pesperctive. now my friend thinks its something she did too much or probably did not do rite. she plans on goin on leave to check things out for herself.(maybe the guy is frosting with some carribean chic)
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Xerxes4(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2008
Guys are sometimes worried to spill the beans in BLACK N WHITE cos most women are suicidal or too emotional.
A friend of mine once suffered an acid bath for telling his gurl it was over!!!!
Besides, how am i supposed to tell a chic suspected to be a witch/ogbanje that it's over. . . .
Am i crazy?? wink wink wink
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Antidote1(f): 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
arianne:

a friend of mine @work is on the verge of breaking off her relationship of 2yrs with her guy. she said they begun dating while he was in nigeria and upon his departure they decided to make it official as in a committed relationship.basically, the rest of the relationship as been ova the phone and occasional visits which she makes abroad . the guy came back 2 weeks ago and came up with this line of how they are too close and too compatible to be lovers and says they're better off as close friends, that brother & sister kind of friendship thing. clearly my friends upset but i feel theres more to it than meets the eye. first of all , i thought compatibily was a thumbs up for any relationship, and secondly i believe the brother & sister sort of friendship thing takes time to build up, how can u claim to be too close or too compatible with someone u barely dated for about 6 months before your trip i think she needs to find out more, what do yáll think??

Gave the guy the benefit of the doubt.Maybe, just maybe he is telling the truth for once, On a lighter note, men are known to spew shit when inside a different saga is waging war, Being honest with one's self is the best therapy one can offer,
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Esss(m): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2008
He just said it's over in french.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Guys are sometimes worried to spill the beans in BLACK N WHITE because most women are suicidal or too emotional.
A friend of mine once suffered an acid bath for telling his girl it was over!!!!
Besides, how am i supposed to tell a chic suspected to be a witch/ogbanje that it's over. . . .
Am i crazy?? wink wink wink

now thats funny. grin grin

i understand d emotional stunts women can pull at times like that, but then a lady cable of exploding like that will show such tendencies along the way. u can't totally blame ladies for being that way atimes, its means alot for a lady to reject other advances just because u make her believe her life revolves around u, and then, --poof!.the rage will be dangerous and especially with lame reasons like this. pple break up and still make d most of it and stay close , i think it just depends on personalities and the approach.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Xerxes4(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2008
arianne:

now thats funny. grin grin

i understand d emotional stunts women can pull at times like that, but then a lady cable of exploding like that will show such tendencies along the way. u can't totally blame ladies for being that way atimes, its means alot for a lady to reject other advances just because u make her believe her life revolves around u, and then, --poof!.the rage will be dangerous and especially with lame reasons like this. people break up and still make d most of it and stay close , i think it just depends on personalities and the approach.

Invigorating!!!!

I still think guys have to be diplomatic when breaking up with a woman.
Women sometimes interprete a man's bluntness as arrogance or irresponsibility.
The best way to do it is not to tell her at all till she finds out herself or lie one is born-again!!!! wink cheesy
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Antidote~:

Gave the guy the benefit of the doubt.Maybe, just maybe he is telling the truth for once, On a lighter note, men are known to spew shit when inside a different saga is waging war, Being honest with one's self is the best therapy one can offer,

assumin its the truth like u suggested, is being compatible a bad thing, would he rather ba happier always on the other side of the page, when he's up, she'd down or when she's in , he's out? besides i believe filal fondness takes awhile.

Esss:

He just said it's over in french.

after saying i luv you in spanish abi?
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by jgirl3: 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2008
@ Topic, Just as usual. He's found someone else.
THe thing about this is that if you feel you're too comfortable with someone - you start taking things for granted. Maybe he's actually too compatible with her
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2008
j-girl:

THe thing about this is that if you feel you're too comfortable with someone - you start taking things for granted. Maybe he's actually too compatible with her

i quite agree. my friend manages to pass across this "goody 2 shoes" personality easily. i guess he's just takin advantage of that.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Invigorating!!!!

I still think guys have to be diplomatic when breaking up with a woman.
Women sometimes interprete a man's bluntness as arrogance or irresponsibility.
The best way to do it is not to tell her at all till she finds out herself or lie one is born-again!!!! wink cheesy

well probably becos men can do very little without their ego getting in the way.

as per the born- again line, if he says he's born agian then she's the mother of jesus! very compatible. cheesy
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Xerxes4(m): 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2008
arianne:

well probably because men can do very little without their ego getting in the way.

Egos? I dunno about that.

as per the born-again line, if he says he's born agian then she's the mother of jesus! very compatible. cheesy

U reckon??
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Antidote1(f): 12:01am On Jun 12, 2008
arianne:

assumin its the truth like u suggested, is being compatible a bad thing, would he rather ba happier always on the other side of the page, when he's up, she'd down or when she's in , he's out? besides i believe filal fondness takes awhile.
after saying i love you in spanish abi?

Did I imply such?

I dont believe any two people are alike, and yes compatibility is important even in platonic relationships, The thing is many of us don't under the meaning of compatility, We somehow misconstud it with stupidity,

j-girl:

Where have you been all day? cheesy You've hit the hammer on the nail hon,
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by debosky(m): 12:04am On Jun 12, 2008
don't mistake 'complacency' with being 'too-compatible' - or else is this your way of saying unless the woman provides 'drama' from time to time so that he doesn't 'take her for granted' then it won't work? That is not being too-compatible - being too compatible means they are too GOOD for each other?? It doesn't exist in my book - too alike maybe (maybe meaning they reinforce negatives but don't complement each other) but not too-compatible.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by jgirl3: 12:08am On Jun 12, 2008
~Antidote~:

Where have you been all day? cheesy You've hit the hammer on the nail hon,
I've been on my bed all day with a flu. Gosh - i hate these things. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad How are you? I liked your reply though. Not to jump into conclusion directly.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Antidote1(f): 12:10am On Jun 12, 2008
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You poor thing, Had the fever too and migraine, but its this freakum weather, Don't worry I emptied the man's bottle of vodka, It must knock it out by force cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 12:18am On Jun 12, 2008
~Antidote~:

Did I imply such?

I don't believe any two people are alike, and yes compatibility is important even in platonic relationships, The thing is many of us don't under the meaning of compatility, We somehow misconstud it with stupidity,

no u didnt, was just threadin ur path of benefit of a doubt.

debosky:

don't mistake 'complacency' with being 'too-compatible' - or else is this your way of saying unless the woman provides 'drama' from time to time so that he doesn't 'take her for granted' then it won't work? That is not being too-compatible - being too compatible means they are too GOOD for each other?? It doesn't exist in my book - too alike maybe (maybe meaning they reinforce negatives but don't complement each other) but not too-compatible.

if i culd hug u, i would. ur rite on it. maybe my question should av been can 2 pple be too good for each other?
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 12, 2008
@post
The man don find another woman. . .Tis Game Over! embarassed
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Xerxes4(m): 12:21am On Jun 12, 2008
arianne:

maybe my question should av been can 2 people be too good for each other?

Too good for each other to seperate or to marry?
Which one?
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 12:27am On Jun 12, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Too good for each other to seperate or to marry?
Which one?

too good to be together?
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Tayogeorge(m): 12:29am On Jun 12, 2008
That one is gone,  for others , i advice they both go for libido text before going into relationship, anybody that travel abroad don sabi wetin dem dey call Bed, there are profesional bed drivers up there, maybe there was comparism
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Xerxes4(m): 12:33am On Jun 12, 2008
arianne:

too good to be together!!!

How can 2 people be too good to be together.
When people are compatible then it means they are doing extremely well.
When did something good turns out to be NEGATIVE??
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 12:36am On Jun 12, 2008
~Xerxes~:

How can 2 people be too good to be together.
When people are compatible then it means they are doing extremely well.
When did something good turns out to be NEGATIVE??

strong wake up call, xactly my point all along, the guy saying she was this or wasnt that would be logical, but too good together is scary. something is definitely stewing.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by Xerxes4(m): 12:40am On Jun 12, 2008
arianne:

strong wake up call, xactly my point all along, the guy saying she was this or wasnt that would be logical, but too good together is scary. something is definitely stewing.

The guy is very wack at making excuses.
What he wanted to say or what he should have said is. . . . . . .Baby, reh reh reh. . . . . .U are too good for me. U deserve someone better than me.
But when he claims he is good and the girl is too good. . . . .Thats no break-up excuse.
I suggest u tell your friend to get the guy kidnapped and castrate him. He is a disgrace to us men. wink wink wink cheesy
If a nigga gotta lie, he should make frantic efforts to do it well. . . . .If a man has to be monkey, let him be a gorilla. tongue tongue
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by arianne(f): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2008
quote author=~Xerxes~ link=topic=141213.msg2362320#msg2362320 date=1213227600]
The guy is very wack at making excuses.
What he wanted to say or what he should have said is. . . . . . .Baby, reh reh reh. . . . . .You are too good for me. You deserve someone better than me.
But when he claims he is good and the girl is too good. . . . .Thats no break-up excuse.
I suggest u tell your friend to get the guy kidnapped and castrate him. He is a disgrace to us men. wink wink wink cheesy
If a nigga gotta lie, he should make frantic efforts to do it well. . . . .If a man has to be monkey, let him be a gorilla. tongue tongue
[quote][/quote]

damn rite. its like trying to give her a soft and decent closure but its pointless in every way. probably sayin u have no reason mite sound beta.

kidnap and castrate? becos of man? cheesy grin she's beta than that and i know the this blows ova, she'll find someone more deserving.
Re: Is There Anything As "too Compatible" by tope2000(f): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
Too close and compatible, That has to be the worst break up excuse i have eva in my entire life heard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polygamy: Men Should Be Allowed To Have Multiple Wives / What Makes Your Relationship A Success? / 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.