Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (554547 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by johnydon22(m): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2015
Menobista:
Friends is God a christian or a Muslim?
U forgot to add if he is a hindu, Confucian, Mormon, pegan, cia dao and thousand other religions out there not just christianity and islam

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
Menobista:
Friends is God a christian or a Muslim?

God is everything. From the air you breathe to the brain cells in your head.

We are all connected, we are the body of God. God is not a being. God is energy or forces of these world. In fact anything you can think of is the manifestation of God. You are God yourself, you just have to wake up and enjoy your world.

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by johnydon22(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
emrain:

God is everything. From the air you breathe to the brain cells in your head.

We are all connected, we are the body of God. God is not a being. God is energy or forces of these world. In fact anything you can think of is the manifestation of God. You are God yourself, you just have to wake up and enjoy your world.
pantheism
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
johnydon22:
pantheism

Lol, every state of mind got a label.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by johnydon22(m): 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
emrain:

Lol, every state of mind got a label.
Yeap. . . that actually is a default mode because pantheism maintains . "All is god and god is all" "everything that is, was and will be" and everything in existence is what we know as the universe. . . So pantheism is not really theism, the noun God is used to portray the notion that all is One. .everything in existence are just particles of one single whole.…

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeap. . . that actually is a default mode because pantheism maintains . "All is god and god is all" "everything that is, was and will be" and everything in existence is what we know as the universe. . . So pantheism is not really theism, the noun God is used to portray the notion that all is One. .everything in existence are just particles of one single whole.…

cheesy and I thought I was the first of my kind.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by johnydon22(m): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
emrain:

cheesy and I thought I was the first of my kind.
Lmao. . pantheism is an old ideology. . . its a kind of realism. . . . I have once asked a christian if he think he was made from a different material from everyother thing in the universe
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao. . pantheism is an old ideology. . . its a kind of realism. . . . I have once asked a christian if he think he was made from a different material from everyother thing in the universe

But the dictionary meaning of pantheism doesn't really explain what I've chosen to believe in.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm still the first of my kind.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by johnydon22(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
emrain:

But the dictionary meaning of pantheism doesn't really explain what I've chosen to believe in.

Pantheism is the belief that the Universe (or nature as the totality of
everything) is identical with divinity, [1] or that everything composes an
all-encompassing, immanent God. [2] Pantheists thus do not believe in a
distinct personal or anthropomorphic god.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Pantheism is the belief that the Universe (or nature as the totality of
everything) is identical with divinity, [1] or that everything composes an
all-encompassing, immanent God. [2] Pantheists thus do not believe in a
distinct personal or anthropomorphic god.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

Close. But that's not my state of mind.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by johnydon22(m): 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
emrain:

Close. But that's not my state of mind.
Tell me yours
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
I believe we can do all things we really think we can do. The power in us is infinite, the universe actually is at our disposal. Choose to believe that there is God, heaven and hell and it comes into existence, when you sleep, you dream about it, however you think God looks like, your mind will create that illusions and that's exactly what you'll see. Whatever purpose you give yourself in this universe that's exactly how your life will turn out to be. Even a mad man is at peace with himself, he thinks he's living his purpose here on earth until someone (seemingly) cures him of his madness. But was he really mad? Or are we the mad people?

But we may not understand, until you try to live against everything you've ever believed in, then you'll start seeing that everything is what it is because that's what we want it to be.

Mehn, I can't really explain this state of mind. It's just amazing. Everyday I just keep seeing that things are not really what they seem to be.

I hope I'll be able to explain this state of mind one day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by johnydon22(m): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
emrain:
I believe we can do all things we really think we can do. The power in us is infinite, the universe actually is at our disposal. Choose to believe that there is God, heaven and hell and it comes into existence, when you sleep, you dream about it, however you think God looks like, your mind will create that illusions and that's exactly what you'll see. Whatever purpose you give yourself in this universe that's exactly how your life will turn out to be. Even a mad man is at peace with himself, he thinks he's living his purpose here on earth until someone (seemingly) cures him of his madness. But was he really mad? Or are we the mad people?

But we may not understand, until you try to live against everything you've ever believed in, then you'll start seeing that everything is what it is because that's what we want it to be.

Mehn, I can't really explain this state of mind. It's just amazing. Everyday I just keep seeing that things are not really what they seem to be.

Lol. . . i think i understand that state of mind but with this it i easy for someone to discern you don't believe in a personal of anthropomorphic god.

for what we believe turning into an alternate reality is more of an imaginative cognition on the part of the believer, and this still an extended part of you and not a distinct reality.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Qu3sT(m): 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
It feels like people are deviating from abrahamic religions more and more and that's both scary and fascinating at the same time.

Raised in a Christian home, haven't gone to church in over 8 years and just the thought of telling my family that I don't believe in God is terrifying cos of the stigma and the whole my family thinking am possessed by demon and calling the church pastor for deliverance is not something I find particularly uplifting.

I've come to realise that dissing Christians and Christianity just because you view their beliefs as stupid is very stupid and petty so rather than being hard on them for believing in a God who made them (out of love), gave them FREEWILL (again out of love) and said go into the world and live your life but disobey me and I will send you to the pit of eternal suffering forever I let them be.

I've ranted on too long and my fingers are paining from typing so am going to end here. Tnx 4 reading.

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2015
Has anyone seen this post?https://www.nairaland.com/2324982/shameful-myopia-average-southerner/6#35095696

Plaetti, weigraf, AllNaijaBlogger, francistony
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 24, 2015
musKeeto:
Has anyone seen this post?https://www.nairaland.com/2324982/shameful-myopia-average-southerner/6#35095696

I once saw a thread about it.
It's confusing
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
musKeeto:

tis been deleted. no backups I suppose?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
wiegraf:

tis been deleted. no backups I suppose?
Post is still there.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
emrain:

So, what led you to this belief?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 25, 2015
timonski:

So, what led you to this belief?

Time and experience
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by osahon9: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
I want to say to you that it is not yet over
God is one and we human are nothing before him. GOd knows the beginning from the end but satan does not that was why he rebelled in the first place but later regrets bitterly. In fact there is no tangible reason for anyone to question God's supremacy and He always delivers on his promises. My advice to you is not be afraid of what you do or have done but be much more concerned about the consequences if you do not repent from evil to good.
Truth is you cannot really dictate for christians what to do as regards not converting others to the faith. We obviously would rather obey God than men whom not capable even to direct their footsteps. So it is our divine duty to testify on the goodness of God and the everlasting sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ all the days we live on this earth.
To demonstrate to you the genuineness of the scriptures, I would like anyone to probe and question the authenticity of the BIble and God himself with reasons.
Also, concerning your various faith (Especially those whom do not believe in the saving grace of christ) it saddens me to see people turnaround against the only everlasting opportunity to life without end.
Satan brought suffering into this world (i say this with full knowledge of those who call themselves satanists) and through his influence on man sin entered the world. Satan engineered the downfall of man he couldn't fix it man went ahead on their own in search for knowledge, light, power, fulfillment etc,. But he couldn't even help himself and even became worse than he ought to be by degrading to the level of serving earthly and heavenly elements which were made by GOd to be in service to man.
Behold the work of God (man) Which he created out of love could not continue in sin and death for sin brought death but a saviour sent by GOd in the person of JEsus whom so many see and describe in various ways but who truly is the only begotten son of God laid his life down his own will so that man who willingly follows and believes in him will no longer die but live eternally.
God is one and not only a people but for the world and therefore christ also died for the whole world and not only for those who are called by his name.
Christ died for those who believe in him and also for those who do not and therefore the condemnation that would be upon the world is why they neglected their only chance of eternity with God and chose death? For a fact we have all sinned even right from the first man adam to the present day but a man Jesus Christ paid for our debt and we are free but those whom are still in the dark and have rejected the light by not accepting Christ's ransom will have to pay for their sins and the only wage for sin is death. This is true for since sin came, man began to die both righteous and unrighteousness and so continued the chain of sin and death until Christ sacrifice. However, through our believe in Christ we shall be saved from death for he has won the victory over and has retrieved the keys to death and hades.
It is never too late until it actually is. The end time draws near when all saints dead and alive shall be redeemed by God and evil shall be permanently destroyed including its originator satan the devil. Man need not perish with him for the kingdom of God is being prepared for man to enjoying prosper but many will perish with satan and his demons among those dead in sin and others still living in unbelief but it really doesn't have to be you. Christ is the way, the truth and the life. If you now believe there is a God believe in Christ as well for there are no distinction between them for authority has been giving to Christ by God his son. This may sound to much of an authoritative word for you to accept and you might think that I use much commanding words but take this in mind that He who calls us to the only safety there is will never use words that suggests other options for there is no other way except to God through Christ. I greet you in this name of God and Christ until I visit some other time to tell you more on how convincing the Way is to follow. The peace of the Lord JEsus Christ be with you. Amen.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Solo8(m): 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
I started typing a response and just thought not to bother. Read the thread
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 09, 2015
THE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ATHEISTS IN NIGERIA IS REAL- A MESSAGE TO ALL ATHEISTS.

I would have opened a separate thread for this but anyone who remotely knows me can easily connect the dots.

Those who follow me will know I'm just fresh out of NYSC, job hunting. I do have a job but all I get is a five figure salary and I'm seriously looking for something better (a six, seven or eight figure salary cheesy).

The search for something better made me apply for the recently advertised Nigerian Navy DSS 23 recruitment. While filling the form, as is usual of jobs of this nature, we were asked to fill in our religion. There were three options. Christianity, Islam, Atheist. I initially wanted to fill in christianity but on second thought, I felt there's really no need to lie about being a christian since I'm not. More so, as at that time of application, I couldn't see any direct consequence of being honest.

I woke up on Tuesday to receive news that applicants who will write the aptitude test have been shortlisted. I rushed to the portal, filled in my S/N and pin and thankfully, I was shortlisted.

The next step was to get my forms signed. One will be signed by the secretary to the local government, another by a Divisional Police Officer from my State of Origin.

Dad claims to know a DPO who can sign for me and helped take it to him while I went to the local government to sign the other one. I never bothered to tell him I claimed to be an atheist in the form since I didn't feel it was necessary and he never bothered to go through the form.

Few hours later, I received his call and he asked me why I filled in Atheist as my "religion". This time around, I couldn't get myself to tell him the truth and had to lie. I told him it was a mistake I made when I was filling the form and he ended the call.

Eventually when he got home at night,he called me to his room to have a discussion. I expected it. What I didn't expect was how angry he was. He told me he has never been embarrassed the way he was today. His DPO friend saw what I filled and asked him his religion. On telling him he's a christian, the next thing he heard was, how can you be a christian and your child is an atheist. He didn't even know what was happening and requested for the form only to see what I filled in. It was then he called me.

Well, to cut the long story short, the DPO told him he's never going to sign for an atheist. He humbly took the form and went to two other police stations and to his surprise, all of them, after going through the form, told him they can't sign for an atheist. sad

What I don't understand is the fact that, these DPOs weren't asked to stand as my guarantor. All they had to do was to state if I have ever committed a crime or not. I couldn't just see what that has gotten to do with being an Atheist.

To cap it off, I'm in a fix right now. I don't know if to walk into police stations myself and see if I can have the forms signed or just forget about it since I'm pissed off already and I've lost interest.

I hope this will serve as a lesson to other atheists or agnostics as the case may be. For those who are closet atheists, it's better to remain that way. Nigeria obviously hasn't gotten to a stage where one can openly admit to being an atheist.

CC: Plaetton, wiegraf, davidylan, urheme, mikedimeji, thehomer, muskeeto, macof, Chrisbenogor e.t.c

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2015
rationalmind:
THE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ATHEISTS IN NIGERIA IS REAL- A MESSAGE TO ALL ATHEISTS.

. . .

I hope this will serve as a lesson to other atheists or agnostics as the case may be. For those who are closet atheists, it's better to remain that way. Nigeria obviously hasn't gotten to a stage where one can openly admit to being an atheist.

CC: Plaetton, wiegraf, davidylan, urheme, mikedimeji, thehomer, muskeeto, macof, Chrisbenogor e.t.c

Not entirely surprising as ignorance is particularly strong. What if you were also required to get the form signed by a religious authority; pastor or imam?

Anyway, perhaps there is another option you could explore, but if not, I'd still submit the form with a note stating that the DPO's refused to sign because of religious discrimination. Its worth a shot even though its unlikely to get a positive response.

Finally, you should open a fresh topic for this and push to the front page.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Solo8(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
rationalmind:

I would have opened a separate thread for this but anyone who remotely knows me can easily connect the dots.

Those who follow me will know I'm just fresh out of NYSC, job hunting. I do have a job but all I get is a five figure salary and I'm seriously looking for something better (a six, seven or eight figure salary cheesy).

The search for something better made me apply for the recently advertised Nigerian Navy DSS 23 recruitment. While filling the form, as is usual of jobs of this nature, we were asked to fill in our religion. There were three options. Christianity, Islam, Atheist. I initially wanted to fill in christianity but on second thought, I felt there's really no need to lie about being a christian since I'm not. More so, as at that time of application, I couldn't see any direct consequence of being honest.

I woke up on Tuesday to receive news that applicants who will write the aptitude test have been shortlisted. I rushed to the portal, filled in my S/N and pin and thankfully, I was shortlisted.

The next step was to get my forms signed. One will be signed by the secretary to the local government, another by a Divisional Police Officer from my State of Origin.

Dad claims to know a DPO who can sign for me and helped take it to him while I went to the local government to sign the other one. I never bothered to tell him I claimed to be an atheist in the form since I didn't feel it was necessary and he never bothered to go through the form.

Few hours later, I received his call and he asked me why I filled in Atheist as my "religion". This time around, I couldn't get myself to tell him the truth and had to lie. I told him it was a mistake I made when I was filling the form and he ended the call.

Eventually when he got home at night,he called me to his room to have a discussion. I expected it. What I didn't expect was how angry he was. He told me he has never been embarrassed the way he was today. His DPO friend saw what I filled and asked him his religion. On telling him he's a christian, the next thing he heard was, how can you be a christian and your child is an atheist. He didn't even know what was happening and requested for the form only to see what I filled in. It was then he called me.

Well, to cut the long story short, the DPO told him he's never going to sign for an atheist. He humbly took the form and went to two other police stations and to his surprise, all of them, after going through the form, told him they can't sign for an atheist. sad

What I don't understand is the fact that, these DPOs weren't asked to stand as my guarantor. All they had to do was to state if I have ever committed a crime or not. I couldn't just see what that has gotten to do with being an Atheist.

To cap it off, I'm in a fix right now. I don't know if to walk into police stations myself and see if I can have the forms signed or just forget about it since I'm pissed off already and I've lost interest.

I am really upset to hear this but I am not surprised. Keep your head up and keep trying, I'm pretty sure that Christ fearing DPO or another will sign after some bribe.

Is it only a DPO that can sign that portion? try and look for every possible option and post those on this thread just in case myself or anyone else might be able to help. Don't worry, it'll be a funny story in the future when more people realize how stupid this is.

On the other hand, since your dad now knows anyways you should try and keep the discussion with your dad going. Yes he's pissed now but when you get him thinking, he'll see how ridiculous the idea of forcing someone to claim a religion when they don't believe it is. Even Jesus never rejected non Christians. Let him tell you how he thinks the way both him and he's DPO friend are handling it Christlike. Don't get into a shouting match him, just have a long term reason based discussion and he'll have more respect for your views.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by anicheibo: 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Just wanna ask, any female atheist in the house?... I am yet to see a female nigerian atheist... I think chimamanda is one but its just speculation. I think girls are deeper into this religion ish cuz they're indoctrinated more, not to mention it seems to me like its their coping mechanism with d level of sexism in nigeria. Pls if there's a female atheist here, e-reveal urself.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by urheme: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
rationalmind:

Horrible stuff embarassed
This is discrimination as casual as it may look, it could be worse,

They have just infringed on your right bro, sorry!!

Nigeria as a country did not legally adopt any religion, you are free to choose but i don't understand why a DPO will behave like that.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by NiceHans: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
***pours holywater on thread and runs out

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.