Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (554419 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by finofaya: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin grin

Interesting. I know for a fact that record keeping of court proceedings in Nigeria is lackadaisical. I wonder why you would try to lie and save face on this issue.

I asked you about getting court records from state high court cases.

Guy, come off it. This is embarassing

The judges, magistrates, alkalis, chairmen, assessors or what have you always write down the proceedings of the court they are conducting. Getting the record is as simple as applying for it from the registry and paying the requisite fee. Where did you get your fact from?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
finofaya:

The judges, magistrates, alkalis, chairmen, assessors or what have you always write down the proceedings of the court they are conducting. Getting the record is as simple as applying for it from the registry and paying the requisite fee. Where did you get your fact from?

Are you speaking theory or practical?

I am saying this because, I did a course on business law and when I first wanted to start my company, I looked on google for a government database of registered companies like they have in the UK. I couldnt find one.

This then led me to ask my close acquaintances who are lawyers about court records and stuff. They claimed that it is difficult to get hands on court proceedings, especially in the past. That the process was difficult.

So, yes they might keep records but how well is it kept and how easy is it to access the records? In my hometown where the local court is struggling with electricity and everything is done on file and paper. One misfiling and a whole case disappears.

Even your passport files are thrown in disorganized heaps at the immigration office. My uncle's passport (not the file) was mistakenly tossed into a heap of other passports in 2010 when they thought he was not around for collection after calling his name. Right there and then, he came and they couldnt find his passport for three days.

This is Nigeria.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by finofaya: 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Are you speaking theory or practical?

I am saying this because, I did a course on business law and when I first wanted to start my company, I looked on google for a government database of registered companies like they have in the UK. I couldnt find one.

This then led me to ask my close acquaintances who are lawyers about court records and stuff. They claimed that it is difficult to get hands on court proceedings, especially in the past. That the process was difficult.

So, yes they might keep records but how well is it kept and how easy is it to access the records? In my hometown where the local court is struggling with electricity and everything is done on file and paper. One misfiling and a whole case disappears.

Even your passport files are thrown in disorganized heaps at the immigration office. My uncle's passport (not the file) was mistakenly tossed into a heap of other passports in 2010 when they thought he was not around for collection after calling his name. Right there and then, he came and they couldnt find his passport for three days.

This is Nigeria.

The records are kept reasonably well. While you might find a given file faster if proper indexing has been done, I don't imagine the time difference warrants claiming that it is difficult to lay hands on court records. I've never spent more than a few minutes waiting for a file to be retrieved. This is only for when you want to peruse the file anyway. Otherwise you just submit an application for whatever it is you need from the file and the registry tells you when to return for it.

This is Nigeria indeed, but it seemed like you were making it about the legal system.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin grin

Interesting. I know for a fact that record keeping of court proceedings in Nigeria is lackadaisical. I wonder why you would try to lie and save face on this issue.

I asked you about getting court records from state high court cases.

Guy, come off it. This is embarassing

Ignorance is bliss. You're making a buffoon of yourself.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Oga Done.

Is a frontpage necessary? So far, everyone is in favor of one.

I don't know about necessary but it can't hurt.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
finofaya:

The records are kept reasonably well. While you might find a given file faster if proper indexing has been done, I don't imagine the time difference warrants claiming that it is difficult to lay hands on court records. I've never spent more than a few minutes waiting for a file to be retrieved. This is only for when you want to peruse the file anyway. Otherwise you just submit an application for whatever it is you need from the file and the registry tells you when to return for it.

This is Nigeria indeed, but it seemed like you were making it about the legal system.

Just note the phrase that I bolded in your comment. What guarantees that proper indexing?

Are there standardized methods of keeping court records across Nigeria? I highly doubt that.

And also, which courts were you talking about when you said you only had to wait few minutes to get the files?

I got my information about court records keeping from two seasoned lawyers in Lagos who have worked across Nigeria. Maybe times are changing but I respect their opinions.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
jayriginal:

Thanks.

I have explained myself on this issue and my opinion is based off of seasoned lawyers who have worked across Nigeria.

Thanks for resorting to making claims without any sensible evidence or logic. The buffoon here is evident.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Thanks.

I have explained myself on this issue and my opinion is based off of seasoned lawyers who have worked across Nigeria.

Thanks for resorting to making claims without any sensible evidence or logic. The buffoon here is evident.

The evidence is glaring.

Here's advice you would do well to heed. It's better to be quiet and be thought a f0ol than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Seasoned lawyers working across Nigeria my foot! You'd be hard pressed to find a lawyer that is strictly confined to his jurisdiction.

You should stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

I have changed. The basics remain the same but my civility has increased.

"Civility" got a new definition today, I guess.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
jayriginal:

Nah...Ignorance is Bizzle ;-)

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tufanja:

Nah...Ignorance is Bizzle ;-)

Lol.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
I just googled "case law" and "nigeria". First hits I got came with the warning "this site may be hacked". cool

Few years ago I googled "benin university nigeria". First hit looked exactly like the official website, just with one letter difference. I overlooked that spelling thing and hit the link and in no time my pc started like crazy downloading corrupt files.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
jayriginal:

The evidence is glaring.

Here's advice you would do well to heed. It's better to be quiet and be thought a f0ol than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Seasoned lawyers working across Nigeria my foot! You'd be hard pressed to find a lawyer that is strictly confined to his jurisdiction.

You should stop embarrassing yourself.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who argued that lawyers are confined to their jurisdiction in Nigeria?

Surely, an esteemed "non-foolish" "non-buffoon" lawyer shouldnt be throwing strawmen about?

Some lawyers are not as well traveled as others- that was why I mentioned "seasoned lawyers across Nigeria". Have you practised law in the North, East and South of Nigeria like my lawyer friends have done? Hmmm?

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tufanja:

"Civility" got a new definition today, I guess.

grin grin

Deep down, you like me. You cant get enough of Jack. grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by finofaya: 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Just note the phrase that I bolded in your comment. What guarantees that proper indexing?

Are there standardized methods of keeping court records across Nigeria? I highly doubt that.

And also, which courts were you talking about when you said you only had to wait few minutes to get the files?

I got my information about court records keeping from two seasoned lawyers in Lagos who have worked across Nigeria. Maybe times are changing but I respect their opinions.

Like I said, the time difference does not warrant claiming that it is difficult to lay your hands on a file.

Each of the 36 states, the fct and the republic have their own judiciary so adopting a single standard for them is not likely. I don't see the relevance of this though. If I need something from a case file in lagos, it does not matter to me that kwara state stores its case files in a different way from lagos state. Fortunately in practice most states store files in a similar way, usually chronologically.

I was talking about any court. The registrars tend to know where their files are. More commonly however, you submit an application asking a a certified true copy of whatever it is you need from the file and the registry lets you know when the ctc will be ready. This works even at the magistrate, sharia and customary court level.

You can respect their opinions while accepting that other opinions have merit too. I think the fact that the court of appeal and supreme court are able to function shows that there is decent record keeping in place at the lower levels, considering that it is the records from these courts that are used at the upper levels.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
finofaya:

Like I said, the time difference does not warrant claiming that it is difficult to lay your hands on a file.

Each of the 36 states, the fct and the republic have their own judiciary so adopting a single standard for them is not likely. I don't see the relevance of this though. If I need something from a case file in lagos, it does not matter to me that kwara state stores its case files in a different way from lagos state. Fortunately in practice most states store files in a similar way, usually chronologically.

I was talking about any court. The registrars tend to know where their files are. More commonly however, you submit an application asking a a certified true copy of whatever it is you need from the file and the registry lets you know when the ctc will be ready. This works even at the magistrate, sharia and customary court level.

You can respect their opinions while accepting that other opinions have merit too. I think the fact that the court of appeal and supreme court are able to function shows that there is decent record keeping in place at the lower levels, considering that it is the records from these courts that are used at the upper levels.

Bookmarked for later. When I get more evidence.

I will try to find out by either going to get case records myself or through someone. I sincerely doubt that it is as smooth as you say.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by jayriginal: 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who argued that lawyers are confined to their jurisdiction in Nigeria?

Surely, an esteemed "non-foolish" "non-buffoon" lawyer shouldnt be throwing strawmen about?

Some lawyers are not as well traveled as others- that was why I mentioned "seasoned lawyers across Nigeria". Have you practised law in the North, East and South of Nigeria like my lawyer friends have done? Hmmm?

When you find yourself in a hole, you should stop digging.
I wonder what else your imaginary friends told you.

Do yourself a favour and be quiet. I mean the nerve of you after boasting that your imaginary friends practice widely, only to find out that it's a normal thing and then claiming I'm throwing a strawman?

Are you as deficient in logic as you clearly are about the workings of the legal system eh LogicBoy?

I really should stop dignifying you with responses cos it makes it appear like there's a modicum of sense in your replies.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by finofaya: 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

I will try to find out by either going to get case records myself or through someone. I sincerely doubt that it is as smooth as you say.

Okay, thoroughly disillusioned citizen.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
finofaya:

Okay, thoroughly disillusioned citizen.

For your sake, i hope you understand that I am coming from a UK perspective. But anyhoo, I look forward to resolving this issue
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin

Deep down, you like me. You cant get enough of Jack. grin

Deep down you want me to like you.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tufanja:

Deep down you want me to like you.

Lord, save me from Karashika

Bad guy dont dodge, gotta weave her!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

On a serious note, JackBizzle, dont waste your time with proving yourself right or by collecting evidence. Life is too short and your time too precious to fight windmills. Please devote your energy to those things that lift you up, that bright your environment, that puts smiles on faces, that warms the heart of fellow human being. Collecting records wont change a life. You are missing out on your calling that way...

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Can I get a translator please.

I no do slang o!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tufanja:

On a serious note, JackBizzle, dont waste your time with proving yourself right or by collecting evidence. Life is too short and your time too precious to fight windmills. Please devote your energy to those things that lift you up, that bright your environment, that puts smiles on faces, that warms the heart of fellow human being. Collecting records wont change a life. You are missing out on your calling that way...

grin grin grin

Issorite
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Hush it, JEW.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lb, are you seriously suggesting a legal section is a bad idea?

Really?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:18am On Jan 15, 2016
wiegraf:
Lb, are you seriously suggesting a legal section is a bad idea?

Really?

REALLY? SERIOUSLY?? lol, you couldn't stress your mockingly fake surprise any less.

Bros, kindly keep quiet. Both I and Jay have put essays forward both for and against the idea of a legal section.

If you are still asking at what I feel about a legal section at this time, you must be joking.

===================================

At the end of the day, Nairaland has survived without a legal section.

You and Jay are now asking someone (SonOfLucifer) to start a new forum with a legal section.

====================================
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 4:37am On Jan 15, 2016
Reyginus:
Hush it, JEW.

JEW?

You smoke mushin weed? cheesy cheesy
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2016
JackBizzle:

JEW?

You smoke mushin weed? cheesy cheesy
Na who bounce you? Lol. Since you want to speak their language.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 8:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Reyginus:
Na who bounce you? Lol. Since you want to speak their language.

JEW language?

What are you saying?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2016
JackBizzle:

JEW language?

What are you saying?
Lololol. Go back to normal talking. Good morning,, Knight.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 8:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Reyginus:
Lololol. Go back to normal talking. Good morning,, Knight.

You will address me by my full title sir!

The Dark Knight cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.