Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Relationships And Body Odors. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships And Body Odors. (2658 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Okay...it is Labor Day in America and my friend brought her boyfriend to my BBQ event. He is African and doesn't believe in deodorant. I am all for cultural individuality but I asked him to take care of the odor because guests were complaining and gagging for air.

My friend said I embarrassed them and stormed off. I spoke to them privately and even offer to help him refresh.

It's 97 degree today and people are sweating! How did the dude expect us not to smell him?

Should I have kept quiet and gag?
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by spookem(m): 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
smh
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
You told him and he didn't care that he was stinking up a storm? Ewwwwwwww... I would never even be friends with a smelly person in the first place.

You've done enough for him. Get someone else to do more talking

2 Likes

Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by owolabifunke14(f): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
Next time put airfreshner for him grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by flolancracker: 12:29am On Sep 03, 2013
..So what are supposed to do about it? Sympathise with you or sumtin?

Btw, you probably didn't tell him in a NICE way..
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2013
flolancracker: ..So what are supposed to do about it? Sympathise with you or sumtin?

Btw, you probably didn't tell him in a NICE way..

I said people are complaing about your odor and I would like to help.
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by flolancracker: 12:45am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

that's quite rude.

3 Likes

Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 2:43am On Sep 03, 2013
flolancracker: that's quite rude.

What would you have said?

Can't wait to see this shit.

Lol@ it's rude to offer help. grin
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by EatmyShorts: 3:06am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You were too Blunt. That's not always a good thing.

The People complaining could have managed the Man, was it that Bad? LOL! grin grin Party Etiquette.

Well like that song says: "It's my Party, i can cry if i want to"

@_________ <<< Insert Name there.

Please smelling great is not Hard. One word: SHAVE

Shave the Hair in your Armpit, Pubic Area, Rectum/Anus/IdI/Nyansh.

Use Deodorant.

My roommate in College almost killed me with his Odors. Damn!!!
I reached breaking-point when i walked into the Room one-day and it smelt like Refuse/gabbage. Imagine going to the City Dump in Lagos or Rather imagine those guys that push Refuse in that Wheelbarrow. I literally ...

Damn!!! I almost committed an unthinkable Sin. Thank God, I'm a Man of God now.

Pastor MarcAnthony
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Hehe, no wonder they took offense. It's not rude to offer help smiley, but people're sensitive about stuff like that. It's hard to tell someone they don't smell too good without their feelings getting hurt one way or another. But you can still be careful with the words you use, as well as how those words are said ...aka - be gentle. If the odour was that strong, the gf should've checked him before getting to the party.
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 03, 2013
grin
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Mynd44: 4:58am On Sep 03, 2013
If he was smelling good and you told him, no one would have complained oooogrin

humans, such hypocritical creatures
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by chukxie(m): 5:09am On Sep 03, 2013
Poor dude! Perhaps he and his gf are suffering from anosmia. Or it could be his gf likes his repulsive body smell. Maybe it turns her on! Hahaha!
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Truckpusher(m): 5:17am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Okay...it is Labor Day in America and my friend brought her boyfriend to my BBQ event. He is African and doesn't believe in deodorant. I am all for cultural individuality but I asked him to take care of the odor because guests were complaining and gagging for air.

My friend said I embarrassed them and stormed off. I spoke to them privately and even offer to help him refresh.

It's 97 degree today and people are sweating! How did the dude expect us not to smell him?

Wicked woman with wicked ikebe,wicked mouth,wicked puccy,wicked way of hitting folks hard,wicked in bed cheesy,wicked with s3x and even possesses a dangerous version of wicked ass grin grin grin...

Ayaf catch you ,where have you been? undecided angry
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by tpia5: 5:20am On Sep 03, 2013
the incident is over, why bring it to nl, are the guy and his girlfriend here?

i seriously get tired with reading about every minute detail of what transpired somewhere, on nl.

very dumbing if you ask me, especially when its 24/7.

sometimes, its ok to let bygones be bygones.

1 Like

Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by flolancracker: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

What would you have said?

Can't wait to see this shit.

Lol@ it's rude to offer help. grin
its a lose-lose situation but staying mute over it would be †he best option. Since there's no polite way of telling someone they stink. undecided
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Confusionist(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

why shld u av kept quiet!
fucck them both! angry angry angry
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 9:06am On Sep 03, 2013
Yield:

Hehe, no wonder they took offense. It's not rude to offer help smiley, but people're sensitive about stuff like that. It's hard to tell someone they don't smell too good without their feelings getting hurt one way or another. But you can still be careful with the words you use, as well as how those words are said ...aka - be gentle. If the odour was that strong, the gf should've checked him before getting to the party.

There were more words I could have used but I was less detailed as possible so he doesn't take offense.

Imagine a line of people tugging you left and right complaining about a strong odor. I waited a moment hoping I didn't have to be the bad messenger and my hubby was tending to the children playing soccer.

I tried to encourage people to ignore and it didn't work.
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 9:13am On Sep 03, 2013
tpia@:

i seriously get tired with reading about every minute detail of what transpired somewhere, on nl.

Keep on getting tired of reading posts that doesn't interest you and complain about it

If a chatter were talking about a moderator and even the owner...you will find something dumb to bish about.

It's not by FORCE to read every post or thread on NL...I don't think Seun gives a Bleep.

Next!
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 9:15am On Sep 03, 2013
Truckpusher: Wicked woman with wicked ikebe,wicked mouth,wicked puccy,wicked way of hitting folks hard,wicked in bed cheesy,wicked with s3x and even possesses a dangerous version of wicked ass grin grin grin...

Ayaf catch you ,where have you been? undecided angry

You dey yeye fowl. undecided
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2013
chukxie: Poor dude! Perhaps he and his gf are suffering from anosmia. Or it could be his gf likes his repulsive body smell. Maybe it turns her on! Hahaha!

I think she was respecting his right to be funky but we do have the right to breathe clean and fresh air.
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2013
tpia@:

Maybe you should get tired of posting crap too. If someone needs to know if she did something wrong, its her right and her business. Who knows who she'll meet tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 9:24am On Sep 03, 2013
flolancracker: its a lose-lose situation but staying mute over it would be †he best option. Since there's no polite way of telling someone they stink. undecided

Keep it real Flon...if your girl were killing mosquitoes with her odor...you would open your gums to inform her!

It's never a good way to not hurt someone with the truth.

Even if the baby gurgled the truth...people will take it personally.
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2013
Rawdeal:

Maybe you should get tired of posting crap too. .

Damn. grin
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by flolancracker: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Keep it real Flon...if your girl were killing mosquitoes with her odor...you would open your gums to inform her!

It's never a good way to not hurt someone with the truth.

Even if the baby gurgled the truth...people will take it personally.
true. grin but put yourself in †he guy's shoes grin what would be your reaction if you were told in public that you stink grin undecided whoever tells you that is defo getting hospitalised grin
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
flolancracker: true. grin but put yourself in †he guy's shoes grin what would be your reaction if you were told in public that you stink grin undecided whoever tells you that is defo getting hospitalised grin

I wouldn't be offended cos as a grown woman I have no business being in public funky!
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by Brite02(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
It's best you hit the hammer on the nail. I tell you there is no better way to put it, truth is always bitter.........

I sure hope the dude has learnt something, don't worry he will adjust..............
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by tpia5: 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Keep on getting tired of reading posts that doesn't interest you and complain about it

If a chatter were talking about a moderator and even the owner...you will find something dumb to bish about.

It's not by FORCE to read every post or thread on NL...I don't think Seun gives a Bleep.

Next!

You must be referring to jaybee, since you are surely not dragging shrekilt with oghogua?

You dey find sugar son for here?

As per seun, good job with the heads up, maybe mukina can reward you with a mod position if thats your goal in life.

When people tell you you have opened a d.umb thread, its best to listen.
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by tpia5: 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
Rawdeal:

Maybe you should get tired of posting crap too. If someone needs to know if she did something wrong, its her right and her business. Who knows who she'll meet tomorrow...

She said SHE ALREADY TOLD THE MAN AND HIS GIRLFRIEND he stinks.

What concerns nl again?

Why are you people so much into dumb threads of oh i got a whiff of stinkiness yesterday, i saw or heard somebody took a crap the day before yesterday, my aunty's mama bought crayfish for 50 kobo two days ago, that girl wore purple underwear last week, my papa's peeper said his b.alls stink, somebody smelled them to confirm few days back.

Low IQ doesnt necessarily have to be on permanent display here?

Stop giving seun's forum a bad name, dem send una ni?
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by tpia5: 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

There were more words I could have used but I was less detailed as possible so he doesn't take offense.

Imagine a line of people tugging you left and right complaining about a strong odor. I waited a moment hoping I didn't have to be the bad messenger and my hubby was tending to the children playing soccer.

I tried to encourage people to ignore and it didn't work.

Explain how this still concerns nl members, since you say you already told the guy.
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by tpia5: 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I think she was respecting his right to be funky but we do have the right to breathe clean and fresh air.

So you had no other access to clean and fresh air save in his vicinity.

You have the hots for the guy perhaps?
Re: Relationships And Body Odors. by MrsChima(f): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
tpia@:

So you had no other access to clean and fresh air save in his vicinity.

You have the hots for the guy perhaps?

This is your brain on crack.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ideal Wife Spec. / 10 Ultimate Steps To Make Nl Ladies Crush On You ;) / When A Girl You Love Was Raped And Got Pregnant As A Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.