Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. (44382 Views)

Oau Cut- Off Mark For Law 2012/2013 / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Law Mass Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
I must recognise and commend d intellectual discussions on dis thread so far. I must confess, we've really had wonderful contributors.
However, I must not fail to point out dar d purpose for which dis thread was created has been gradually and unconsciouslu eroded. If u notice, d fresh bloods amongst us are not contributing much any longer. This is because we have busied ourselves talking on issues of law after school. We must not forget dis thread was opened by a fresher who wants, along with his fellow applicants, to be carried along in deir respective fields (Law and Philosophy) precisely. I tink we shud discuss wot we experienced in school, d nature of d courses, correlations of Law and Philosophy across Schools, nd likes.
I strongly believe our intellectual and ever sound contributors will take note of dis fundamental observation. I step aside by saying "E se gidi gan"

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
As for those of u coming to study law in UI. I'm happy to inform u dat u've not made d wrong choice at all. The University of Ibadan is one of d best schools in Nigeria where u can get ur legal education. As we all know, UI has d highest number of professors in Nigeria, therefore, dere is no more debate on d fact dat u are coming to a faculty where u meet professors.
Furthermore, our lecture rooms are so conducive for learning. Apart from d fact dat dey are situated within d faculty premises which makes it practically uneccessary for u to roam about taking lectures,dey also av capacities dat can conviniently accommodate students.
As regards teaching, our faculty teaches law in its modern form. We hold moot and mock competitions which is d practical aspect of wot we are being taught in class. We also engage in healthy debates both within and outside our university. It wud also interest u to hear dat faculty of law, UI is d only law faculty in Nigeria dat takes "CLL 103 and 104 - Latin for Lawyers" (I stand to be corrected) which is a special course to teach law students Latin and latin maxims which are used by lawyers in d course of their practice in Nigeria.
Time and d stress of typing would not permit me to mention more packages in our faculty as dere are still many more.
All I need to tell u is to come into d faculty focused and determined. And also av at d back of your mind dat "prayer and hardwork" do it. We don't learn "law" alone, we also learn "character". In d University of Ibadan as a whole, we don't give or take bribes. We believe in equity and sound judgement. That is d more reason why our admission is based strictly on "merit" and nothing else.
Once again I welcome u. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
zezeny: I must recognise and commend d intellectual discussions on dis thread so far. I must confess, we've really had wonderful contributors.
However, I must not fail to point out dar d purpose for which dis thread was created has been gradually and unconsciouslu eroded. If u notice, d fresh bloods amongst us are not contributing much any longer. This is because we have busied ourselves talking on issues of law after school. We must not forget dis thread was opened by a fresher who wants, along with his fellow applicants, to be carried along in deir respective fields (Law and Philosophy) precisely. I tink we shud discuss wot we experienced in school, d nature of d courses, correlations of Law and Philosophy across Schools, nd likes.
I strongly believe our intellectual and ever sound contributors will take note of dis fundamental observation. I step aside by saying "E se gidi gan"
exactly what we re expecting
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
zezeny: As for those of u coming to study law in UI. I'm happy to inform u dat u've not made d wrong choice at all. The University of Ibadan is one of d best schools in Nigeria where u can get ur legal education. As we all know, UI has d highest number of professors in Nigeria, therefore, dere is no more debate on d fact dat u are coming to a faculty where u meet professors.
Furthermore, our lecture rooms are so conducive for learning. Apart from d fact dat dey are situated within d faculty premises which makes it practically uneccessary for u to roam about taking lectures,dey also av capacities dat can conviniently accommodate students.
As regards teaching, our faculty teaches law in its modern form. We hold moot and mock competitions which is d practical aspect of wot we are being taught in class. We also engage in healthy debates both within and outside our university. It wud also interest u to hear dat faculty of law, UI is d only law faculty in Nigeria dat takes "CLL 103 and 104 - Latin for Lawyers" (I stand to be corrected) which is a special course to teach law students Latin and latin maxims which are used by lawyers in d course of their practice in Nigeria.
Time and d stress of typing would not permit me to mention more packages in our faculty as dere are still many more.
All I need to tell u is to come into d faculty focused and determined. And also av at d back of your mind dat "prayer and hardwork" do it. We don't learn "law" alone, we also learn "character". In d University of Ibadan as a whole, we don't give or take bribes. We believe in equity and sound judgement. That is d more reason why our admission is based strictly on "merit" and nothing else.
Once again I welcome u. Thanks.
expectng MORE OF THIS
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Professurr(m): 1:13am On Sep 06, 2013
@zezeny. Pls. I was wondering if you are working as well as pursuing your law studies. Considering the fact that you have bagged a degree, or how else are you coping?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 06, 2013
Claroo: Name: Salami Ibrahim
Institution:UNILORIN
Course:Law
Level:Graduate
Nigeria Law School Applicant
. My personal person. I see you o!
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2013
Professurr: @zezeny. Pls. I was wondering if you are working as well as pursuing your law studies. Considering the fact that you have bagged a degree, or how else are you coping?
Bro, I'm a full time law student. I'm not compromising it with anytin. No work at hand. I'm just like somebody who has just entered University for d first time.... (lolz).
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Professurr(m): 11:42am On Sep 06, 2013
@zezeny. Wish i had that kind of sponsorship i wud hav bin a law grad now.
I studied history,grad 06, teach wit d govt, but stil want 2 study law. I guess noun is d only option I have now, cos I cant study full time cos of work. Yet I have few reservations about noun.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Professurr: @zezeny. Wish i had that kind of sponsorship i wud hav bin a law grad now.
I studied history,grad 06, teach wit d govt, but stil want 2 study law. I guess noun is d only option I have now, cos I cant study full time cos of work. Yet I have few reservations about noun.
Oh! I feel ur plight bro. I believe where u will reach, no matter wot, u will surely get to. But about d NOUN issue, I want u to look b4 u leap, because NOUN law programme has been announced by d COUNCIL FOR LEGAL EDUCATION and the NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL as illegal. This is due to d fact dat part time law programme has been cancelled, nd NOUN runs all its programme on a part time. And as at d last check, its law students are not welcomed into the Nigeria Law School (I don't know about d latest tho). So, I advice u to make enquiries about d skool properly b4 applying so dat ur dream of going to d law school and becoming a lawyer will not be battered. GOODLUCK SIR.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Professurr: @zezeny. Wish i had that kind of sponsorship i wud hav bin a law grad now.
Btw bro, which school did u study your History ?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Claroo(m): 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Creative mind: . My personal person. I see you o!
I sight u 2 Creative Segun
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Professurr(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
@zezeny.Delta state university
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
Professurr: @zezeny.Delta state university
Whao! Coincidentally I also read History in my first degree.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by damosky12(m): 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
Whao! Coincidentally I also read History in my first degree.
oh, I thaught u had your 1st degree in law?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
damosky12:
oh, I thaught u had your 1st degree in law?
Haba! Bros, how I go get one degree in Law and still be reading Law again. Na xo I been like book reach?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Timichael(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
Can anybody tell me more abt moot and mock competitions 4 law students in Nigeria?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by damosky12(m): 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
Haba! Bros, how I go get one degree in Law and still be reading Law again. Na xo I been like book reach?
LOL Bros, pardon me for that. I'd like to ask: Have u ever wished you read law in your 1st degree?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
damosky12:
LOL Bros, pardon me for that. I'd like to ask: Have u ever wished you read law in your 1st degree?
I fell in love with Law immediately I resumed as a fresher. throughout my 100level days I neva concentrated much cos I was only busy pursuing anoda jamb dat would earn me Law. because of my desperation to study law, I had to sit for GCE in my 100level days so as to pass Literature which I did not av den. Fortunately, it did not work out den. I did not take jamb during my 200level days. Again, in 300level I took anoda jamb. It was dis jamb dat got me admitted into UI law. By now I'd already fallen in love with History, besides aving just one session left to get my B.A. Hons, I cud not forfeit my golden chance. I den deffered my admission in UI for a session. After completing my first degree a year after, I joyfully resumed my Law programme in UI. Thank God, I'm enjoying it now.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Timichael: Can anybody tell me more abt moot and mock competitions 4 law students in Nigeria?
Moot and Mock competition among law students is a practical aspect of law where all wot have been tot in class are put into practice. As d name implies "mock" is just a miniature of wot is being done in real courts. It can be between chambers in each university, and it can also be between two or more universities. Most times, high court judges are being invited to decide d winners.
I hope u found dis helpful. Goodluck.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
I fell in love with Law immediately I resumed as a fresher. throughout my 100level days I neva concentrated much cos I was only busy pursuing anoda jamb dat would earn me Law. because of my desperation to study law, I had to sit for GCE in my 100level days so as to pass Literature which I did not av den. Fortunately, it did not work out den. I did not take jamb during my 200level days. Again, in 300level I took anoda jamb. It was dis jamb dat got me admitted into UI law. By now I'd already fallen in love with History, besides aving just one session left to get my B.A. Hons, I cud not forfeit my golden chance. I den deffered my admission in UI for a session. After completing my first degree a year after, I joyfully resumed my Law programme in UI. Thank God, I'm enjoying it now.
. You didn't serve after your first degree?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
koonbey: . You didn't serve after your first degree?
No I didnt. I'll do dat after my LL.B by God's grace
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
Moot and Mock competition among law students is a practical aspect of law where all wot have been tot in class are put into practice. As d name implies "mock" is just a miniature of wot is being done in real courts. It can be between chambers in each university, and it can also be between two or more universities. Most times, high court judges are being invited to decide d winners.
I hope u found dis helpful. Goodluck.
how often is this bro?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
u deffer ur admisn 4 a session? But u did JAMB LAST YR? Is dat not? Explain better...pls??
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
No I didnt. I'll do dat after my LL.B by God's grace
u didnt how come? How do u escape NYSC?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Fynestboi: u deffer ur admisn 4 a session? But u did JAMB LAST YR? Is dat not? Explain better...pls??
Yeah its true buh I wasn't d one dat processed admission last year. Somebody close to me used my nairaland account to follow up his admission because he did not av his own account.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: how often is this bro?
It comes at interval and wen d need arises. But at least there will always be one in a session.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
Yeah its true buh I wasn't d one dat processed admission last year. Somebody close to me used my account to process his admission because he did not av his own account.
ok ok i rememba on last yr thread dat u A Twin so its ur twin brother last yr ryt?

For how many year is one allow to deffer admisn?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
NYSC will not force u to serve at a particular time. You are free to serve anytime dar suits u most. Buh u can't serve twice. Shikenah!
clear
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Fynestboi:

For how many year is one allow to deffer admisn?
Maximum of one session.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
Maximum of one session.
clear
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by damosky12(m): 4:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
zezeny:
U be 'efico' broz. I just like ur persistent spirit. I have learnt from that. I am a student of Phil but I still plan to read Law.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

ASUU Strike! Lecturer Turns Spiderman To Attend To Students / Nnamdi Azikiwe University 300 Level Student Commits Suicide / Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.