Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Happened To Tinapa? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To Tinapa? (26677 Views)

Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! / Why Is The Federal Govt Killing Tinapa? / Donald Duke: A Fraud Or Visionary? (Tinapa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by ichidodo: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2013
Baybe: How can Cross River government site a Cross River project in Lagos? Is that not the height of dumbness? undecidedundecided. When the project is completed Fashola will deport Cross Riverians. Smh..

The OP is even dumber than I thought. When did Calabar(Cross River) become a SE state. BIGOT!!

Location is not even the problem, the problem is Liyel. He doesn't even know what to do with the place.
The Numskull of an O.P is looking for Tribal trouble... angry angry
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by naijaswag1: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2013
johnaruson: Tinapa is in order: Tourism is a long therm investment, good tourist location shouldn't be in a crowded place. In tourism; local people are not always the target but strangers who find it fascinating and strange. Lawyers use it last week for their iconic National Convention.

Don't mind them. What they want is quick money syndrome. Blood money. Oil well that will yield immediately because oil deposit is guaranteed. Nigerian share the money immediately mentality has affected all of them.

DO they know how many years it took dubai to develop?

10 years ago Dubai and their likes were not the toast of holiday seekers as it were today.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Abagworo(m): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2013
ghosttownboss: i have read every single contribution to this thread and as a proud calabar boy i am moved to tears .tinapa could have been the icing on the cake for a state that moved from being identified as houseboys and housegirls and cooks outside the state to the number tourist and business state in west africa
truth be told all that iis left is dredging the water way leading to tinapa to allow cargo ships to enter the port,
creating awareness to drive
traffic,increased fg presence to forstall the state politics.
i have it on good authority that the shopping malls have all been paid for and various coys r waiting for its take off

I feel you bro but I hope you contribute your quota. I've never failed to take ay of my international visitore to Tinapa and Obudu. It is the duty of Nigerians to show the world Cross River is beautiful and hence attract more international visitors.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by castro2: 11:37am On Sep 04, 2013
hw could one eva thinks dat crs gov. Wil use crs revenue to build tinapa in lagos? Is't dat madnes? Wu cares if busines is nt moving thr.,'abeg use ur head o'
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 04, 2013
naija_swag:
Don't mind them. What they want is quick money syndrome. Blood money. Oil well that will yield immediately because oil deposit is guaranteed. Nigerian share the money immediately mentality has affected all of them.

DO they know how many years it took dubai to develop?

10 years ago Dubai and their likes were not the toast of holiday seekers as it were today.

How can you make an argument against or critique oil money and then go on to cite Dubai as an example to buttress your point? Isn't that oxymoronic?

You're definitely a product of artificial insemination with an underdeveloped brain!

I still don't know why re.tards always quote my posts on this forum! undecided
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by naijaswag1: 11:48am On Sep 04, 2013
shymexx:

How can you make an argument against or critique oil money and then go on to cite Dubai as an example to buttress your point? Isn't that oxymoronic?

You're definitely a product of artificial insemination with an underdeveloped brain!

I still don't know why re.tards always quote my posts on this forum! undecided

You will never see the connection,bet me. You remind me of one Cambridge fool who thinks blowing grammar is wisdom. You only choose to read a line of a whole paragraph. Why do we have paragraphs then?

When they were building Tinapa, what was on Duke's mind? Just be there ranting rubbish. I cannot explain what I wrote to you because you cannot comprehend. No need.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by fabregas04(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2013
Spartan3d: Politics killed it, cos am 100% sure if donald duke was still the governor, Tinapa wont be what it is Today, he started it with so much vibe and vision, was living in calabar then sha early 2000s. Then the reignin news was tinapa, twas like a savior for the pple in that state, as eveyone was just sayin''when tinapa comes dz will change, dat will change'' but here we re its 2013! Tinapa is more like a desert, where pple just go to snap pictures n gerrout. Really sad.
yes o bro, d reigning news then was Tinapa, i remember we(I, alongside my frnds)named a new shopping arena on our campus TINAPA, cos of it's(Tinapa) popularity, despite residing is south west. the C/River govt shld make every effort to bring it back to what it was meant to be.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 04, 2013
It's the same thing that would happen to all the major commercial developments in Lagos (malls, cinemas, hotels, etc) when all non-indigenes are deported.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2013
naija_swag:
You will never see the connection,bet me. You remind me of one Cambridge fool who thinks blowing grammar is wisdom. You only choose to a line of a whole paragraph. Why do we have paragraphs then?

When they were building Tinapa, what was on Duke's mind? Just be there ranting rubbish.

I don't have time for "blowing grammar" - I just diagnose people's ailments. I'm like a doctor and I try as much as possible to be simple and clear, whenever I debate/argue on this forum.

I didn't choose a line, I just highlighted the part of your post where you critiqued oil money, before you lauded Dubai - to show how inane your reasoning is.

Whoever built the place should be lauded as a great thinker with good foresight. However, Nigerians and their love for everything foreign, killed the place.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
AjanleKoko: Tinapa is actually not bad. I've been there a couple of times.
While it may not be a Disneyworld or Six Flags, at least it's decent.

Problem is the lack of private sector participation. Governments anywhere don't exclusively do things like that anymore. Even in the UAE, most of those projects are private-public sector partnerships.

If to say dem get oil for CR now, they could have done a deal with the Chinese. Those one can give them everything: airport, resorts, hotels, whatever they want.

Abeg, about how much did it cost on average?

And how was the journey times like?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahhahahahahaha

You're the predictable gift that keeps on giving. I know you would come back with your nauseating "fvcktard" line and your usual direct and illogical arguments.

However, I still don't know why you always bark at the wrong tree. One would have thought that an intellectual midget like yourself, who have been thoroughly sonned/schooled/molested by yours truly like more than 8 times, would've learnt his lessons by now and refrain from going against hiiipower. But like the gluttonous sycophantic pseud with innate narcissistic personality disorder, that you're - you're back for more.

Listen mate, it's a new year, and I don't have time for phaggots with stalkerish tendencies. Just fvck off if you can't discern my post! undecided

You are a person!

Tell me why you can't practice what you preach. If you can't, then add this to your long list of pummeling.

Why did you dumbly state like an illiterate person that others should use their money to buy products and services that are lower in value for money in comparison to other products and services they can get elsewhere?

Why are you not the champion of buying such products and services?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by ecolime(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
El Guapo: The comments on this thread alone is modest enough to discourage any Shoplifter from visiting Tinapa this Xmas grin
This guy don craze oo. Lmao grin
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
Donalð Genes:
putatively, you must be feeling smug right? your comments really make me numb, look atchu? 'anyway and you're entitle to your own subjective view, It doesn't add up

You are a cretin!

Why don't you correct it then? Or is your brain that numb?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Horus(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
Truckpusher: Apparently most peeps here never stepped into Tinapa,....

They'll only stay in one ancient cave and draw a conclusion...smh sad

Many nigerians don't know Tinapa exist, there is complete lack of publicity within Nigeria and West Africa
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tinapa?
I saw her going to d mkt this morning....
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kx: @Okija-juju

Are u serious, $1670 for a hotel room?

When business dry kpata kpata, dem go convert to short stay of N500 per hr.

Trust Naija na. They charge an arm and a leg for any stuff that meets the average standard by Western standards like if it is luxury.

Yet, they would not give you the value for money that you will get for it abroad.

I stayed in a hotel in Ikeja (Savoy Suites) the last time I was in Naija. Nice hotel, decor is very good but by no means world standard hotel. The price they were charging for the place was like if person wan stay Dochester.

Even the Hyatt in Birmingham that is stunning and a world class hotel was far cheaper in comparison.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Horus(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2013

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:
You are a person!

Tell me why you can't practice what you preach. If you can't, then add this to your long list of pummeling.

Why did you dumbly state like an illiterate person that others should use their money to buy products and services that are lower in value for money in comparison to other products and services they can get elsewhere?

Why are you not the champion of buying such products and services?

Utter bollocks!

Pray tell me how telling people to patronise what's closer to home and cheaper (if you factor in cost of travel and accommodation into in the equation) equate to patriotism?

Seriously, you need to upgrade your deficient IQ, if you want to hang with the big-boys. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
ngozievergreen: Tinapa?
I saw her going to d mkt this morning....

NgoziForeverDumb, I trust you never to disappoint with your dumbness! tongue
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Horus(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2013

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
naija_swag:

Presidential retreat. It's for presidents with their aides and entourage. A country pays that bill. If you are a billionaire or even a millionaire who moves around with aides and assistants, you wouldn't have qualms paying that. There are four offices and 4 min conference rooms. It may be a business meeting that would earn your company millions of naira. Spending 1 million naira for a few days to put together a deal of 500 million naira is normal.

Which presidents and billionaires were dey dreaming would come and staty there?

Rishad Banson? Abi na Barack Osama?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
shymexx:

Nah, I admit I plagiarised your father dyck to fvck your mum!

What's special about what I wrote that I would need to plagiarise that junk? - freaking half-baked peasant!

This is the first time I'm seeing that phaggot this year.

Don't derail the thread!

Shymexxx, they have caught you for plagiarism again? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/997196/nairalands-literary-debating-day-finals#11526490

Why do you like plagiarising?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by kepsi123(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite: Some funny people thought that having a tourist location where it can take people up to 20 hours to get to, only to find it sub-standard with little-to-no exciting tourism features and kidnapping is a possibility, but yet it is impeccably expensive, was a great tourism idea.

What a joke!!!

It doesn't take much to recognize an idiot
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Horus(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2013

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by AjanleKoko: 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

Abeg, about how much did it cost on average?

And how was the journey times like?

I was there on business both times.
You fly from Lagos to Calabar - about 45 mins. Maybe around $120 air fare.
Drive to Tinapa - less than an hour. I didn't take a cab, someone drove me every time.

The place itself is quite nice - water parks, shopping malls, a move studio, a resort. Pretty decent.
I didn't use the park so I don't know what the gate costs were.

Overall, the place is good. Just grossly under-utilized. The crowds aren't coming, which is down to marketing anyway.
My assessment: Private sector needs to get involved. The place is a dormant gold mine.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
johnaruson: Tinapa is in order: Tourism is a long therm investment, good tourist location shouldn't be in a crowded place. In tourism; local people are not always the target but strangers who find it fascinating and strange. Lawyers use it last week for their iconic National Convention.

So you mean as a financial adviser, you would advocate investing money in something, that has high annual running cost, for many years without return?

Abeg, no be my financial advisor o! I would rather Baba Sala be my English professor.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by UyiIredia(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
kepsi123:

It doesn't take much to recognize an idiot

... an idïot.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
Afam4eva: Tinapa was a good initiative but was not well thought. The major militating factor is the location. Calabar is ot a commercial city by any standard and such a project couldn't have been sited there. Such projects would have been successful in Aba, Onitsha, Lagos or parts of Ogun state closest to Lagos.

More often than not...you becloud your otherwise reasonable comment with a tint of stupidity.. undecided
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by UyiIredia(m): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

More often than not...you becloud your otherwise reasonable comment with a tint of stupidity.. undecided

Sharrap !
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by elsim(m): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
tinapa failed becos our leaders wanted it to......
it failed becos it favourd the minority ...south south...
check it out....how many international airports do we have in nigeria? and how many are in the south south?
how many sea ports r in the south south?
every thing is centralised to abuja and lagos ...yoruba and hause.....
dats is why tinapa failed
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Sharrap !

Haahahaaahaaa... grin grin grin who is this one?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I was there on business both times.
You fly from Lagos to Calabar - about 45 mins. Maybe around $120 air fare.
Drive to Tinapa - less than an hour. I didn't take a cab, someone drove me every time.

The place itself is quite nice - water parks, shopping malls, a move studio, a resort. Pretty decent.
I didn't use the park so I don't know what the gate costs were.

Overall, the place is good. Just grossly under-utilized. The crowds aren't coming, which is down to marketing anyway.
My assessment: Private sector needs to get involved. The place is a dormant gold mine.

I think there only hope in hell is a mass-market strategy, not an exclusivity strategy.

The cost of getting there is already a deterrent. The value offered for the price charged is inferior to the options available for the 'remote mass market' (Westerners) have at their disposal.

For example, lets say I be Oyinbo man. I go fly 6hrs for £750 to get to Lagos (the airport there would already tell me I made a mistake selecting this country as a tourist and relaxing destination), spend another £80 to fly to Calabar (i.e. after waiting anywhere between 2hrs to a day to get the connecting flight) and then drive 1 hour by cab to Tinapa (which I am sure the cab driver would milk at least £60 from me). Only to get there and pay over £100 a night to stay in a hotel and still have to pay gate cost for the park.

Now, lets even ignore the time, that is the cost for just one person. Now lets say it is a family of 4 considering it is more of a family destination, not "Awon Boys" holiday me and my buddies go on. undecided

Now compare it with my brother that booked a holiday for a family of 4 in Spain at the cost of £900 (I might have over-estimated, it might be lower). That included all flight fare, a holiday mansion for 4 days, free breakfast, all these waterpark amenities and a safe country.

Tinapa needs to lower its prices so they have what is called Staycation. Basically make sure holidaying Nigerians do not vacate, they stay in the country. Aim for Nigerian middle-class that can afford $60 and above a night hotel room rate and see how they will over-utilise the place.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ayade Orders House-To-House Search Of Looted Items In Cross River State / "Sex, Vibes And Free Money": This Generation Is The Most Hopeless - Adeyanju / 'PDP Traced Akpabio Overseas To Beg Him On Their Knees' - Ahmed Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.