Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

What Happened To Tinapa? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To Tinapa? (26680 Views)

Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! / Why Is The Federal Govt Killing Tinapa? / Donald Duke: A Fraud Or Visionary? (Tinapa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
naija_swag:

Don't mind them. What they want is quick money syndrome. Blood money. Oil well that will yield immediately because oil deposit is guaranteed. Nigerian share the money immediately mentality has affected all of them.

DO they know how many years it took dubai to develop?

10 years ago Dubai and their likes were not the toast of holiday seekers as it were today.

Be deceiving yourself there.

Utter tosh!
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
[s]
Sagamite:

Shymexxx, they have caught you for plagiarism again? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/997196/nairalands-literary-debating-day-finals#11526490

Why do you like plagiarising?
[/s]

You're a joker!! It's always back to the conspiracy you muppets had pull out of ya black ar.ses because you couldn't stand a British kid who wasn't raised in naija whopping ya ars.es in a debate about Nigerian history.

So tell me what happened after that infamous debate, in which I was clearly the favourite to win, before I was disqualified? - the debate died a painful and sorrowful death. I bet the next one would happen after rapture!!! grin

Why would anyone even think I plagiarised words I post all the time and things even a kid in secondary sch out here know that?

Anyway, why did you ignore my last post? - I guess it's because I exposed your ignorance and stupidity, yeah?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Horus(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
[size=15pt]There is a new Shopping Mall at Tinapa called T-MART[/size]

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

Be deceiving yourself there.

[size=14pt]Utter tosh![/size]

@ the bolded - biting my phrase now, nah? grin

Sagamite, pay homage to me - this is PLAGIARISM!!! grin grin grin

I've sonned you so many times, I should have grey hair by now!!
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by ichidodo: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

More often than not...you becloud your otherwise reasonable comment with a tint of stupidity.. undecided
Obviously you clutch at tribal straws thus becoming a nuisance....
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Horus(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2013

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
shymexx:

Utter bollocks!

Pray tell me how telling people to patronise what's closer to home and cheaper (if you factor in cost of travel and accommodation into in the equation) equate to patriotism?

Seriously, you need to upgrade your deficient IQ, if you want to hang with the big-boys. undecided

You are a person!

Why should they patronise what is closer to them when they prefer what is abroad?

Has your dumb arse ever heard of what is called a rational consumer?

Why do you think a rational consumer needs a person like you to tell them how to spend their money?

person, you care about the value of the utility they get from their spending more than them?

So tell me, person, why did you insist they should spend locally if you were not advocating moronic patriotism?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

You're a joker!! It's always back to the conspiracy you muppets had pull out of ya black ar.ses because you couldn't stand a British kid who wasn't raised in naija whopping ya ars.es in a debate about Nigerian history.

So tell me what happened after that infamous debate, in which I was clearly the favourite to win, before I was disqualified? - the debate died a painful and sorrowful death. I bet the next one would happen after rapture!!! grin

Why would anyone even think I plagiarised words I post all the time and things even a kid in secondary sch out here know that?

Anyway, why did you ignore my last post? - I guess it's because I exposed your ignorance and stupidity, yeah?

You are person!

You carried and pasted a write-up of someone you googled on the internet verbatim and posted it as your own argument and you claim it is not plagiarism? grin grin grin grin grin grin

You want to win debate by putting up other people's work?

Moronic, illiterate hoodrat! grin
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by AjanleKoko: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

I think there only hope in hell is a mass-market strategy, not an exclusivity strategy.

The cost of getting their is already a deterrent. The value offered for the price charged is inferior to the options available for the 'remote mass market' (Westerners) have at their disposal.

For example, lets say I be Oyinbo man. I go fly 6hrs for £750 to get to Lagos (the airport there would already tell me I made a mistake selecting this country as a tourist and relaxing destination), spend another £80 to fly to Calabar (i.e. after waiting anywhere between 2hrs to a day to get the connecting flight) and then drive 1 hour by cab to Tinapa (which I am sure the cab driver would milk at least £60 from me). Only to get there and pay over £100 a night to stay in a hotel and still have to pay gate cost for the park.

Now, lets even ignore the time, that is the cost for just one person. Now lets say it is a family of 4 considering it is more of a family destination, not "Awon Boys" holiday me and my buddies go on. undecided

Now compare it with my brother that booked a holiday for a family of 4 in Spain at the cost of £900 (I might have over-estimated, it might be lower). That included all flight fare, a holiday mansion for 4 days, free breakfast, all these waterpark amenities and a safe country.

Tinapa needs to lower its prices so they have what is called Staycation. Basically make sure holidaying Nigerians do not vacate, they stay in the country. Aim for Nigerian middle-class that can afford $60 and above a night hotel room rate and see how they will over-utilise the place.

Nah.
All of that isn't necessary. The place is not even as large as any of the Disney Parks in Orlando.
They just need to hand over the place to a serious marketing company.
There's no need to seek crowds from outside Naija. They can get very good traffic with the right packaged offers.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by kobikwelu(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
Just imagine if something like Tinapa was built in a place like Onitsha.. (with its hopeful ports)..In the next 10 years, Onitsha alone would have a GDP bigger than lagos.....hehehehe

SUE ME...
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Why should they patronise what is closer to them when they prefer what is abroad?

Has your dumb arse ever heard of what is called a rationale consumer?

Why do you think a rational consumer needs a person like you to tell them how to spend their money?

person, you care about the value of the utility they get from their spending more than them?

So tell me, person, why did you insist they should spend locally if you were not advocating moronic patriotism?

Utter bollocks!!

Since you like in the UK - why do you think most Brits would rather go to Alton Towers, than go to the far better Disneyland in Paris?

Ever heard about prudent spending and proximity factor?

And if you have, what has that got to do with patriotism?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Nah.
All of that isn't necessary. The place is not even as large as any of the Disney Parks in Orlando.
They just need to hand over the place to a serious marketing company.
There's no need to seek crowds from outside Naija. They can get very good traffic with the right packaged offers.

Yeah, that is what I am saying na.

They should focus mainly on Nigerians and price should be the core of their 4Ps marketing strategy.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
shymexx:

Utter bollocks!!

Since you like in the UK - why do you think most Brits would rather go to Alton Towers, than go to the far better Disneyland in Paris?

Ever heard about prudent spending and proximity factor?

And if you have, what has that got to do with patriotism?

You are a person!

Do you know the meaning of rational consumers?

person? UK people don't go to Disneyland Paris?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
[s]
Sagamite:

You are person!

You carried and pasted a write-up of someone you googled on the internet verbatim and posted it as your own argument and you claim it is not plagiarism? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic, illiterate hoodrat! grin
[/s]

Says the bummy village lout who had to withdraw from the same debate at the last minute because he couldn't hang, despite having one-week notice to prepare for it. Then went ahead to create another thread to critique other people's argument!! If that isn't a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder, I don't know what it's!

Bruv, don't let me keep molesting you with no vaseline - you're a lightweight and you can't punch your way out of a paper-bag!

You're just lucky that I'm at work!
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
kobikwelu: Just imagine if something like Tinapa was built in a place like Onitsha.. (with its hopeful ports)..In the next 10 years, Onitsha alone would have a GDP bigger than lagos.....hehehehe

SUE ME...

Onitsha does not have the scenery of Obudu. It is too crowded and full of hustle and bustle. It would hardly ever had worked in the value proposition format Tinapa was built for.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Do you know the meaning of rational consumers?

person? UK people don't go to Disneyland Paris?

Stop answering my questions with other questions - answer the darn questions that I asked you, you yokel!

And where did I assert that Brits don't go to Disneyland in Paris? - can't you see where I referenced "most?"

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

Says the bummy village lout who had to withdraw from the same debate at the last minute because he couldn't hang, despite having one-week notice to prepare for it. Then went ahead to create another thread to critique other people's argument!! If that isn't a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder, I don't know what it's!

Bruv, don't let me keep molesting you with no vaseline - you're a lightweight and you can't punch your way out of a paper-bag!

You're just lucky that I'm at work!

You are a person!

You want to molest me with plagiarism? grin grin grin grin grin

You carried and pasted a write-up of someone you googled on the internet verbatim and posted it as your own argument and you claim it is not plagiarism? Are you reetarded? grin grin grin

shymexx:

Stop answering my questions with other questions - answer the darn questions that I asked you, you yokel!

And where did I assert that Brits don't go to Disneyland in Paris? - can't you see where I referenced "most?"

You are a person!

Did you answer my questions?

Has your dumb Bottom ever heard of what is called a rational consumer?

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

More often than not...you becloud your otherwise reasonable comment with a tint of stupidity.. undecided

because he mentioned Aba and onitsha?
Isnt it obvious u are both unreasonable and stup!d ?
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by JNdupu: 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Jeez, you guys!!

If anyone is actually interested in Tinapa, business- or leisure-wise, and happens upon this thread, do you not think the amount of guff and counter-guff spouted is burying any useful information?

5 pages in, I still don't know what is happening in Tinapa. Oh, I see a lot of egos burning bright, and I learnt that someone wants to rape another's mum! Thanks, that is really useful, abi?

Why can't we limit contributions to civilized discussions that actually show out better sides to potential investment counterparties - that is true Patriotism.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

Onitsha does not have the scenery of Obudu. It is too crowded and full of hustle and bustle. It would hardly ever had worked in the value proposition format Tinapa was built for.

even ppl that dont know the length and breadth of onitsha are talking.
Onitsha isnt only abt upper iweka and d market.
There are parts of Onitsha where even a pin drop can be heard, with nice natural scenery.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by agbameta: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
Duke made some mistakes and he really should not have invested a dime on a project like Tinapa.

Ultimately, Nigeria as a country failed Tinapa and Tinapa itself remains a sad victim of lack of supporting federal and state infrastructures and lack of buying power and disposable income of the local population and inability of potential deep pocket visitors from Lagos and other parts of Nigeria to bring in cash and patronage.

The state's local population can not adequately support Tinapa and because they don't have the buying power and disposable income to do so, and folks from out of state like Lagos can not just get up and say yes we are going to Tinapa for the weekend because of lack of good road infrastructures to move visitors from Lagos to Tinapa in 2-3 hours like it takes Californians to drive down from Cali to Vegas ....even affordable air travel in Nigeria is reserved for the super rich and elites..

Tinapa remains a good good project, but we are not ready for such projects now. We just don't have the means and infrastructures to support any Tinapa.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by naptu2: 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta: Duke made some mistakes and he really should not have invested a dime on a project like Tinapa.

Ultimately, Nigeria as a country failed Tinapa and Tinapa itself remains a sad victim of lack of supporting federal and state infrastructures and lack of buying power and disposable income of the local population and inability of potential deep pocket visitors from Lagos and other parts of Nigeria to bring in cash and patronage.

The state's local population can not adequately support Tinapa and because they don't have the buying power and disposable income to do so, and folks from out of state like Lagos can not just get up and say yes we are going to Tinapa for the weekend because of lack of good road infrastructures to move visitors from Lagos to Tinapa in 2-3 hours like it takes Californians to drive down from Cali to Vegas ....even affordable air travel in Nigeria is reserved for the super rich and elites..

Tinapa remains a good good project, but we are not ready for such projects now. We just don't have the means and infrastructures to support any Tinapa.

Or go by rail. They planned to run a monorail service from Calabar to Tinapa and a regular rail service from Calabar to Lagos. Sadly that remains a dream.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Vavavoom(m): 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
KingMEXX: Tinapa was a project meant to generate income for C/R and also attract foreign investors. It didnt have anything to do with location. All that are needed to make the project a success are
- Good awareness programmes. And by this I mean advertising it on International stations not just AIT,NTA
- Attract foreign and local investors
- Continuity and Maintenance. Nigerian leaders MUST learn to continue and maintain projects already started by previous administration.
Anyway, d Country is bewitchd so am nt even surprisd

The bolded not correct. Tinapa advert ran for over a year on the Cable Network News.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Afam4eva(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Majorirt of people who will spend in Calabar or Tinapa come from outside. The people in Calabar cannot spend the kind of money that Tinapa needs. That's why the Cross River state government needs to put something in place that will keep bringing people to Calabar. Something like the Christmas festival.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Afam4eva(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

If you mean Onitsha market then you're right but the outskirts of Onitsha has one of the best sceneries in Africa where something like that can be built and people in the city have the financial muscle to utilize such a place. They don't need to wait for people from outside to do so.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:

even ppl that dont know the length and breadth of onitsha are talking.
Onitsha isnt only abt upper iweka and d market.
There are parts of Onitsha where even a pin drop can be heard, with nice natural scenery.

Which parts?

How clean is Onitsha itself?

I have been there and I can say categorically that, bar the slums of Lagos, it was the dirtiest and most unplanned place I have ever seen in Nigeria.

How are you going to go and build a luxury resort there?

Afam4eva:
If you mean Onitsha market then you're right but the outskirts of Onitsha has one of the best sceneries in Africa where something like that can be built and people in the city have the financial muscle to utilize such a place. They don't need to wait for people from outside to do so.

Onitsha does not generally have the scenery to pull it off.

Calabar is probably the neatest and prettiest town in Nigeria.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by agbameta: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
naptu2:

Or go by rail
They planned to run a monorail service from Calabar to Tinapa and a regular rail service from Calabar to Lagos. Sadly that remains a dream.

Exactly. but maybe fast trains because def not the obsolete locomotives Nigeria is spending billions on today...

I still think road travel remains the best option simply because it's possible to make it to Tinapa from Lagos within 4-5 hours.

The distance from Lagos to Tinapa is just a little over the same distance from Los Angeles to Las vegas and with solid roads to travel on, they'll strike Gold in Tinapa in no time..

Seriously, showing other people pictures of you flossing and enjoying all the glitz in Dubai looks more sexy to the average Nigerian than showing folks pictures of you in Obudu or Tinapa.
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tinapa fell in a well what's ur problem angry
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by dinggle: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
Location has nothing to do with Tinapa, as a matter of fact Tinapa is in the best and most befitting location in Nigeria. The problem with Tinapa lies with the managers and govt. Non functional port, corruption and bad managers is killing Tinapa. Tinapa arrived with a vigor never experience in the history of Nigeria. Tinapa can be turned around if given to the right handlers to manage. When shop rent defiles the laws of supply and demand. When manager are only in corruption and inflation for personal gains.
What to do??
1. The governor should push for the opening of the Calabar port immediately. Lack of port for goods entry defiles the ideas behind Tinapa.
2. Shop rent at Tinapa should be reviewed to encourage business to use the facility.
3. Departments where current managers have proven incompetence should be outsourced immediately.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Sagamite(m): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

Exactly. but maybe fast trains because def not the obsolete locomotives Nigeria is spending billions on today...

I still think road travel remains the best option simply because it's possible to make it to Tinapa from Lagos within 4-5 hours.

The distance from Lagos to Tinapa is just a little over the same distance from Los Angeles to Las vegas and with solid roads to travel on, they'll strike Gold in Tinapa in no time..

Seriously, showing other people pictures of you flossing and enjoying all the glitz in Dubai looks more sexy to the average Nigerian than showing folks pictures of you in Obudu or Tinapa.

O'boy, you sure dem never jail you for flying on the motorway before?

I no go enter car with you driving lai lai!
Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by deebrain(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
sad

Re: What Happened To Tinapa? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sagamite:

Which parts?

How clean is Onitsha itself?

I have been there and I can say categorically that, bar the slums of Lagos, it was the dirtiest and most unplanned place I have ever seen in Nigeria.

How are you going to go and build a luxury resort there?

Onitsha does not generally have the scenery to pull it off.

Calabar is probably the neatest and prettiest town in Nigeria.
that u have been there doesnt mean u know d length and breath. Moreover,who has tym to argue dat one with u.
But am telling u that Onitsha has serene places ,
dont worry, i didnt know that myself till i went there for a picnic last yr .
Real nice scenes. Very neat too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'PDP Traced Akpabio Overseas To Beg Him On Their Knees' - Ahmed Lawan / Profile Of Members of Buhari's New Economic Advisory Council / Salisu Zuru Sued For Keeping 2 Public Offices, Receiving Double Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.