Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48063 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2013
johnnyblakes: ITS SHAME LORRETTA
what of the Torah, the Talmud,the Koran (even though na copy copy) and other holy books of other religions? Does that mean those books are irrelevant? It is a known fact that bhudism is more peaceful than Christianity. At least followers of bhuda are peaceful and very kind(even against their personal wishes). What of followers of Christ(my lord)? They are filled with hate, deceit, lies and fornication(me included). Now following the nature of man, it is evident that the world is not six thousand years as the bible said, and it is also a fact that humanism is greater than any religion on earth. If you listen to my holy father(pope Francis) , he spoke the truth on that issue. Who will Christ forgive: a good Christian that that was part of killing a Muslim? Or an atheist that brought a stranded stranger into his house to eat, drink and sleep? In these two instances the only thing that was followed was their conscience. As long as you are not wicked to your fellow man and as long as you make people happy and inspired by your way of life, there is a place for you in heaven
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nnatom: 10:14am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

Jesus never encourage sin.

Secondly, it will be blasphemous to put Jesus in the level of the Pope. The Pope is to obey Jesus and teach Jesus' word, not twisting Jesus' word to confuse lay men.

are u saying pope encourages sin, lie or if u have authentic proof to u claim show me if nt watch ur tonque.

secondly, how did he put d pope in d same level with Jesus. dont u preach dat if Jesus can over come d devil's temptation dat we can do same.why didn't u say its blasphemous and dat Jesus is a supernatural being and we are just humans so we can't overcome temptation or even try.
watch ur tongue

may God help us
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

Jesus never encourage sin.

Secondly, it will be blasphemous to put Jesus in the level of the Pope. The Pope is to obey Jesus and teach Jesus' word, not twisting Jesus' word to confuse lay men.

The pope too never encourages sin.

Secondly, there is no blasphemy in comparing the pope's behaviour to that of Jesus. The pope is to obey Jesus and teach Jesus doctrine. You are not the one to teach us Jesus' doctrine.

Besides, you lot are already confused with your millions of denominations with contradictory doctrines. And it isnt the pope that confused you. It was the devil through Martin Luther.

Why are you bent on bringing your confusion into our fold?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nnatom: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2013
lorretta u: what of the Torah, the Talmud,the Koran (even though na copy copy) and other holy books of other religions? Does that mean those books are irrelevant? It is a known fact that bhudism is more peaceful than Christianity. At least followers of bhuda are peaceful and very kind(even against their personal wishes). What of followers of Christ(my lord)? They are filled with hate, deceit, lies and fornication(me included). Now following the nature of man, it is evident that the world is not six thousand years as the bible said, and it is also a fact that humanism is greater than any religion on earth. If you listen to my holy father(pope Francis) , he spoke the truth on that issue. Who will Christ forgive: a good Christian that that was part of killing a Muslim? Or an atheist that brought a stranded stranger into his house to eat, drink and sleep? In these two instances the only thing that was followed was their conscience. As long as you are not wicked to your fellow man and as long as you make people happy and inspired by your way of life, there is a place for you in heaven

True talk my sister, like thé parable of thé good samaritan Saïd by Christ Himself ( key point, d priest and d Samaritan man.)
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 10:35am On Sep 14, 2013
nnatom:

are u saying pope encourages sin, lie or if u have authentic proof to u claim show me if nt watch ur tonque.

secondly, how did he put d pope in d same level with Jesus. dont u preach dat if Jesus can over come d devil's temptation dat we can do same.why didn't u say its blasphemous and dat Jesus is a supernatural being and we are just humans so we can't overcome temptation or even try.
watch ur tongue

may God help us

What did the pope mean by ''Jesus became the sinner for us. When you go to confession it is not that you confess your sins but you say to Jesus, here are your sins and I will sin again'' - Pope Francis (I shared the link on first page).

Then he made compromising comments about gays. Many priests in US are said to be confused in interpreting and implementing that comment in their dealing with gays. Some are said to be considering now whether to allow then attend communion. Na wai!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

Nobody ever misinterpreted Jesus' words to favour gays and atheist. He was always pointing to the Father. But the Pope is pointing to men. Preaching or doing good deeds without God is not Christianity but humanism.

Hope you know the Pope's original words are available? Even when you quote him verbatim, you will realize that he did not do well at all. They are compromising statements. But Jesus' original statements where not compromising, and He (Jesus) never said we should sing good words to unbelievers. Tell them the truth, baptised them in the name of the Father- Son- Holy Spirit, if they reject, then shake off your shoes and leave.

Do you believe that Atheists can go to heaven... Yes or No?

If they can, what will make them go to heaven?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 10:40am On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

The pope too never encourages sin.

Secondly, there is no blasphemy in comparing the pope's behaviour to that of Jesus. The pope is to obey Jesus and teach Jesus doctrine. You are not the one to teach us Jesus' doctrine.

Besides, you lot are already confused with your millions of denominations with contradictory doctrines. And it isnt the pope that confused you. It was the devil through Martin Luther.

Why are you bent on bringing your confusion into our fold?

We have had antipopes in history and who told you this one is not one? Antipopes usually reign along side another living Pope.

Secondly what makes you think I am a pentecostal?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 10:43am On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

Do you believe that Atheists can go to heaven... Yes or No?

If they can, what will make them go to heaven?

Only Jesus can tell who will go to heaven or not. He said he is the 'gate' and everyone must pass through Him, therefore He instructed us to preach Him to everyone (without compromise).
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 10:53am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

What did the pope mean by ''Jesus became the sinner for us. When you go to confession it is not that you confess your sins but you but you say to Jesus, here are your sins and I will sin again'' - Pope Francis.

Then he made compromising comments about gays. Many priests in US are said to be confuse in interpreting and implementing that comment in their dealing with gays. Some are said to now consider whether to allow then attend communion. Na wai!

Which priest says he is confused?

One name.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

We have had antipopes in history and who told you this one is not one? Antipopes usually reign along side another living Pope.

Secondly what makes you think I am a pentecostal?

1. Who told you Pope Francis is an Antipope?

2. Who is the other living Pope?

3. Where did I say you were a pentecostal?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

Only Jesus can tell who will go to heaven or not. He said he is the 'gate' and everyone must pass through Him, therefore He instructed us to preach Him to everyone (without compromise).

What exactly is your quarrel with Pope Francis?

What can he say to please you?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

Which priest says he is confused?

One name.

Just wait, I will go get the link for you now. It was reported in a Catholic daily website.

Secondly, do you know that when he was Cardinal Bergoglio in Buenos Ares Argentina, he used to join pentecostals and other religions in general crusade, he would kneel while leaders of other religions and churches pray over him.

Anything I say here I will back with evidence even if it takes me hours to get the links.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2013
@italo,

Take a look at this article.

Priests Struggle To Interpret Pope's Quote On Homosexuality.
http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/content/20130817-r.i.-priests-try-to-interpret-popes-remarks-on-gays.ece

It was also published in a US catholic daily website.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

What exactly is your quarrel with Pope Francis?

What can he say to please you?

I don't have a quarrel with him. I only posted his speech. Aren't we free to scrutinize or discuss his words/speech if in alignment with the gospel?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

Just wait, I will go get the link for you now. It was reported in a Catholic daily website.

Secondly, do you know that when he was Cardinal Bergoglio in Buenos Ares Argentina, he used to join pentecostals and other religions in general crusade, he would kneel while leaders of other religions and churches pray over him.

Anything I say here I will back with evidence even if it takes me hours to get the links.

I await the evidence.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by nnatom: 11:26am On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

What did the pope mean by ''Jesus became the sinner for us. When you go to confession it is not that you confess your sins but you say to Jesus, here are your sins and I will sin again'' - Pope Francis (I shared the link on first page).

Then he made compromising comments about gays. Many priests in US are said to be confused in interpreting and implementing that comment in their dealing with gays. Some are said to be considering now whether to allow then attend communion. Na wai!

u made a statement and u directed me to d link u provided at d first page,now am directing u to dat same link and see if it is in line wit ur statement. who is fooling who here.

and to ur second statement go reread d pope statement on gay with an open mind.

and pls provide a link whether edited or original to back dis ur statement, "Many priests in US are said to be confused in interpreting and implementing that comment in their dealing with gays. Some are said to be considering now whether to allow then attend communion. "

may God help us.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

1. Who told you Pope Francis is an Antipope?

2. Who is the other living Pope?

3. Where did I say you were a pentecostal?

I remain silent on his. But the future will tell when the major changes come.

Never did we had this controversies in Pope John Paul II 25 years reign. Benedict did not bend the truth to suit human ears, and he is still alive.

Remember the prophecy of Malachy and other contemporary visionaries. Some said Benedict was the last Pope and when he would be forced to resign the Church and the world should be ready for errors as there will be an all inclusive church of one world religion tolerating sins and practicing new age religion. As the deception continues, the Holy Mass will be changed to something else and the church will finally split- one in error while the other retaining tradition. Then the true traditional church will come under a heavy persecution. Preaching about commandments will be outlawed and offenders arrested and sentenced for hate speech. Evil will be celebrated and have its hour.

Just want to stop here. Watchout for more changes in the future.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

I await the evidence.

http://www.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/content/20130817-r.i.-priests-try-to-interpret-popes-remarks-on-gays.ece

You need more evidence? Don't you think we should let sleeping dogs lie?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2013
nnatom:

u made a statement and u directed me to d link u provided at d first page,now am directing u to dat same link and see if it is in line wit ur statement. who is fooling who here.

and to ur second statement go reread d pope statement on gay with an open mind.

and pls provide a link whether edited or original to back dis ur statement, "Many priests in US are said to be confused in interpreting and implementing that comment in their dealing with gays. Some are said to be considering now whether to allow then attend communion. "

may God help us.

When we go to confession, for example, it isn’t that we say our sin and God forgives us. No, not that! We look for Jesus Christ and say: 'This is your sin, and I will sin again'. And Jesus likes that, because it was his mission: to become the sinner for us, to liberate us. " -Pope Francis

http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-the-christian-life-proclaims-the-road-to-reco

How is the above different from what I wrote? Imagine Pope saying when we go to confession is not that we are asking for forgiveness, but only handing Jesus' sins back to him.

I have given you all the links you want. Should I go further it will be too messy.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 14, 2013
@lorretta U;
by lorretta u(f): 10:08am

johnnyblakes: ITS SHAME LORRETTA

what of the Torah, the Talmud,the Koran (even though na copy copy) and other holy books of other religions? Does that mean those books are irrelevant? It is a known fact that bhudism is more peaceful than Christianity. At least followers of bhuda are peaceful and very kind(even against their personal wishes). What of followers of Christ(my lord)? They are filled with hate, deceit, lies and fornication(me included). Now following the nature of man, it is evident that the world is not six thousand years as the bible said, and it is also a fact that humanism is greater than any religion on earth. If you listen to my holy father(pope Francis) , he spoke the truth on that issue. Who will Christ forgive: a good Christian that that was part of killing a Muslim? Or an atheist that brought a stranded stranger into his house to eat, drink and sleep? In these two instances the only thing that was followed was their conscience. As long as you are not wicked to your fellow man and as long as you make people happy and inspired by your way of life, there is a place for you in heaven
i didnt read the rest after the bold. so tell me how Quran is 'copy copy' by giving me example. thanks.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro: @italo,

Take a look at this article.

Priests Struggle To Interpret Pope's Quote On Homosexuality.

It was also published in a US catholic daily website.

Everyone has difficulty in interpreting God's teaching sometimes, even lay people. It doesnt give credence to the picture you are trying to paint that Pope Francis is a confusionist. The first pope didnt know how to handle gentiles. Peter was his name and he lived 2000years before Francis. Christians to this day have a hard time interpreting the Bible, does that mean God is a confusionist?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

I don't have a quarrel with him. I only posted his speech. Aren't we free to scrutinize or discuss his words/speech if in alignment with the gospel?

You mean "if in alignment with elampiro's intrrpretation of the gospel?"
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
@italo and nnatom, I will be logging off shortly. If there are further issues on the topic, I will be back at night.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

I remain silent on his. But the future will tell when the major changes come.

Never did we had this controversies in Pope John Paul II 25 years reign. Benedict did not bend the truth to suit human ears, and he is still alive.

Remember the prophecy of Malachy and other contemporary visionaries. Some said Benedict was the last Pope and when he would be forced to resign the Church and the world should be ready for errors as there will be an all inclusive church of one world religion tolerating sins and practicing new age religion. As the deception continues, the Holy Mass will be changed to something else and the church will finally split- one in error while the other retaining tradition. Then the true traditional church will come under a heavy persecution. Preaching about commandments will be outlawed and offenders arrested and sentenced for hate speech. Evil will be celebrated and have its hour.

Just want to stop here. Watchout for more changes in the future.

I get your point. You are saying Pope Francis is the antichrist, right?

How then is it that "the antichrist" has more love in his heart than you?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

Everyone has difficulty in interpreting God's teaching sometimes, even lay people. It doesnt give credence to the picture you are trying to paint that Pope Francis is a confusionist. The first pope didnt know how to handle gentiles. Peter was his name and he lived 2000years before Francis. Christians to this day have a hard time interpreting the Bible, does that mean God is a confusionist?

The Catholic priests should not have problem interpreting the catholic teachings. When that happens, it is no longer the Catholic church as handed over by the apostles.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

You need more evidence? Don't you think we should let sleeping dogs lie?

If only there were "sleeping dogs."
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

The Catholic priests should not have problem interpreting the catholic teachings. When that happens, it is no longer the Catholic church as handed over by the apostles.

The Catholic priests should be more perfect than Peter, abi.

The difficulty is more in application than interpretation.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

I get your point. You are saying Pope Francis is the antichrist, right?

How then is it that "the antichrist" has more love in his heart than you?

Where did I say he is the Antichrist.

Revelation 13 has two people who will rule the world. One will be a head of the one world religion (Antipope) and the second the Antichrist the head of a one world government.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

You mean "if in alignment with elampiro's intrrpretation of the gospel?"

The bible is self explanatory. It didn't tell us to compromise. It didn't tell us that we should not seek forgiveness of our sins and handing over our sins to Jesus who is the sinner for us. It did not say we should teach that unbelievers should just do good without conversion.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

Where did I say he is the Antichrist.

Revelation 13 has two people who will rule the world. One will be a head of the one world religion (Antipope) and the second the Antichrist the head of a one world government.

How does an "antipope" have more love than you?

People like you have called all the popes all sorts of unprintable names.

You will still call the next pope names...and the next...and the next.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

The bible is self explanatory. It didn't tell us to compromise. It didn't tell us that we should not seek forgiveness of our sins and handing over our sins to Jesus who is the sinner for us. It did not say we should teach that unbelievers should just do good without conversion.

Neither does Pope Francis teach those.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

If only there were "sleeping dogs."

Because of this, I will return at night for more. I will however think over it. But you will be shocked should I open your eyes.

You may however send your email so that I can send you some photos and links about some things I said earlier about Pope Francis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness, Did Jesus Create Jesus? / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy Loved Up Like Never Before In New Photos / Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.