Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,819 members, 7,956,086 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:20 AM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48705 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

How does an "antipope" have more love than you?

People like you have called all the popes all sorts of unprintable names.

You will still call the next pope names...and the next...and the next.

I have never called any Pope names. Pope John Paul II is my childhood hero. He is my display picture on my BB most of the time. I have pictures of Benedict. I love them both with great saints like Padre Pio, etc.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

Neither does Pope Francis teach those.

They are in black and white.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

They are in black and white.

You misunderstand. We understand.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

Because of this, I will return at night for more. I will however think over it. But you will be shocked should I open your eyes.

You may however send your email so that I can send you some photos and links about some things I said earlier about Pope Francis.

Why dont you make it public?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

I have never called any Pope names. Pope John Paul II is my childhood hero. He is my display picture on my BB most of the time. I have pictures of Benedict. I love them both with great saints like Padre Pio, etc.

John Paul II and Benedict XVI had prayer conferences with leaders of almost all religions including Nigerian Ifa priests. John Paul II prayed in a mosque and synagogue.

People like you called them Antichrist.

They misunderstood like you. They said the same things you say now: "compromise, ""Jesus never did that..." "antipope."

Now you accuse Francis of kneeling before people of other religions for prayer.

You see that people like you have existed from time immemoria.

You are the modern day Pharisees.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

John Paul II and Benedict XVI had prayer conferences with leaders of almost all religions including Nigerian Ifa priests. John Paul II prayed in a mosque and synagogue.

People like you called them Antichrist.

They misunderstood like you. They said the same things you say now: "compromise, ""Jesus never did that..." "antipope."

Now you accuse Francis of kneeling before people of other religions for prayer.

You see that people like you have existed from time immemoria.

You are the modern day Pharisees.

John Paul II in his 25 years reign never said words that his subordinates in the Vatican had to come and defend.

John Paul II never told unbelievers that they are okay without Jesus

John Paul II never told people that their sins are for Jesus and therefore they are not seeking forgiveness when they confess their sins.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

You misunderstand. We understand.

What did you understand? You want to redefine what is in black and white? I thought the Pope's words should stand for themselves.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

Why dont you make it public?

I will take a decision on that. I bet you, it's not what you think.

However whether I made them public or not, the future will tell. I will remind you right here on nairaland. I guess you are aware that one of the 8 cardinals Francis has chosen to help him reform the church said Adam and Eve didn't exist. This is a tip of the iceberg of what errors will be coming.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by chuqudy(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Nothing concern us and Jesuit ! If you like they Jesuit dey go or dey rotary dey go,if you don leave out the word dat one concern you !
I don't live a care free or careless life,i live the life of Jesus and it is neither careless or care free ! The life of Jesus is a life of responsibility and as for me,my Christianity is a response to Jesus ability in my life !

God help us

Good Christian. Clap for your self.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by chuqudy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

However whether I made them public or not, the future will tell. I will remind you right here on nairaland. I guess you are aware that one of the 8 cardinals Francis has chosen to help him reform the church said Adam and Eve didn't exist. This is a tip of the iceberg of what errors will be coming.

Did Adam and EVE ACTUALLY EXIST? The story was a myth just like Job. It meant for educational purposes. No body actually know how God created everything whether u like it or not.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by chuqudy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
italo:

The pope too never encourages sin.

Secondly, there is no blasphemy in comparing the pope's behaviour to that of Jesus. The pope is to obey Jesus and teach Jesus doctrine. You are not the one to teach us Jesus' doctrine.

Besides, you lot are already confused with your millions of denominations with contradictory doctrines. And it isnt the pope that confused you. It was the devil through Martin Luther.

Why are you bent on bringing your confusion into our fold?

Even their Martin Luther said "sin we must"
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
chuqudy:

Did Adam and EVE ACTUALLY EXIST? The story was a myth just like Job. It meant for educational purposes. No body actually know how God created everything whether u like it or not.

I didn't know I was dealing with an atheist since. An unbeliever in the bible.

I have no need to continuing arguing with you.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by chuqudy(m): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

I didn't know I was dealing with an atheist since. An unbeliever in the bible.

I have no need to continuing arguing with you.

Guy, you are far from reality. Adam and Eve never existed. Job never existed. You need to study the history of bible and theology. There are some stories told in the bible like the "lazarus and the rich man" which are meant for educational purposes but which never happened. I am not an atheist but you are. You believe in a "God" that does not exist and that is your concept or imagination. You are very far from the true knowledge of the the real God and the holy bible.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
chuqudy:

Guy, you are far from reality. Adam and Eve never existed. Job never existed. You need to study the history of bible and theology. There are some stories told in the bible like the "lazarus and the rich man" which are meant for educational purposes but which never happened. I am not an atheist but you are. You believe in a "God" that does not exist and that is your concept or imagination. You are very far from the true knowledge of the the real God and the holy bible.

Adam and Eve existed just as the bible told us. That wasn't a story at all.

Lazarus and the rich man was just a story.

Secondly, I will like you to explain further the bold part of your comment above.

I don't know what you mean because I believe in God- the Holy Trinity.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo2: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

John Paul II in his 25 years reign never said words that his subordinates in the Vatican had to come and defend.

John Paul II never told unbelievers that they are okay without Jesus

John Paul II never told people that their sins are for Jesus and therefore they are not seeking forgiveness when they confess their sins.

But he prayed with babalawo and prayed in a mosque.

...and Pharisees like you said the same things you are saying now.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo2: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

What did you understand? You want to redefine what is in black and white? I thought the Pope's words should stand for themselves.

Jesus words should stand for themselves then...

Pluck out your eyes...it has made you sin.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo2: 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
elampiro:

He didnt say so.

Again, you misunderstand.

I hope you know he made the statement you misunderstand in Benedict's tenure.

What did beloved Benedict do about it, Mr 'Francis is bad.'
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2013
italo2:

But he prayed with babalawo and prayed in a mosque.

...and Pharisees like you said the same things you are saying now.

Show me where John Paul II prayed with Babalawos. He entered a mosque doesn't mean he prayed r approve their religion. I never for once said anything bad about Pope John Paul II. Stop saying what you don't know.

Meanwhile, see your Pope Francis comment being rejected or reversed by Vatican.

Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell, after Pope Francis suggests they might go to heaven

The Vatican has quickly clarified that atheists  - they believe - are still going to hell, despite Pope Francis appearing to say non-believers could be saved through Christ if they do good.

Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

In an unprepared speech on Wednesday, the Pope emphasised the importance of “doing good,” for all people.

According to a report from Vatican radio, he explained how upset Jesus’ disciples were that someone outside their group was doing good.

He said: “They complain, ‘If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good’. And Jesus corrects them: 'Do not hinder him', he says, 'let him do good.'”

The disciples, he said, “were a little intolerant,” thinking that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”

He said: “This was wrong . . . Jesus broadens the horizon. The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation.”

"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/catholic-church-confirms-atheists-still-go-to-hell-after-pope-francis-suggests-they-might-go-to-heaven-8634479.html
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 7:26am On Sep 15, 2013
italo2:

He didnt say so.

Again, you misunderstand.

I hope you know he made the statement you misunderstand in Benedict's tenure.

What did beloved Benedict do about it, Mr 'Francis is bad.'

There is no misunderstanding there. Stop defending lies and Freemanson new age teachings.

Again, Benedict would never have appointed Cardinal Pell to advise him and reform the church. Benedict new that the Catholic church doesn't need a reform.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2013
italo2:

Jesus words should stand for themselves then...

Pluck out your eyes...it has made you sin.

Jesus words have stood for themselves over two thousands years and the Catholic church has never been confused about interpreting them to the world.

When you see church hierarchy at odds with the comments of the Pope, know that the end has come. I hope too you are aware that the Vatican radio stopped broadcasting Pope Francis live after he said Jesus is a sinner for us and we don't seek forgiveness in confession? What they do is to edit his words much later.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2013
@Italo see this, I wonder what you have to say now.

Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell, after Pope Francis suggests they might go to heaven

The Vatican has quickly clarified that atheists  - they believe - are still going to hell, despite Pope Francis appearing to say non-believers could be saved through Christ if they do good.

Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

In an unprepared speech on Wednesday, the Pope emphasised the importance of “doing good,” for all people.

According to a report from Vatican radio, he explained how upset Jesus’ disciples were that someone outside their group was doing good.

He said: “They complain, ‘If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good’. And Jesus corrects them: 'Do not hinder him', he says, 'let him do good.'”

The disciples, he said, “were a little intolerant,” thinking that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”

He said: “This was wrong . . . Jesus broadens the horizon. The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation.”

"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/catholic-church-confirms-atheists-still-go-to-hell-after-pope-francis-suggests-they-might-go-to-heaven-8634479.html
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo2: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2013
elampiro:

Show me where John Paul II prayed with Babalawos. He entered a mosque doesn't mean he prayed r approve their religion. I never for once said anything bad about Pope John Paul II. Stop saying what you don't know.
www.catholicnews.com/jpii/stories/story04.htm

And Pharisees like you crucified him, calling him everything you are now calling Pope Francis.
elampiro:
Meanwhile, see your Pope Francis comment being rejected or reversed by Vatican.

1. Fr Thomas Rosica is not a Vatican spokesman. So if a news medium has told you he is, common sense should tell you that they may have an ulterior motive.

2. Thomas Rosica's statement actually proves that Atheists can go to heaven if they DONT "know about the Catholic Church." "Knowing here does not just mean seeing or hearing about Catholicism. It means knowing that the Catholic Church is the one true faith. For this, we must leave the judgement to God who sees the heart and knows if the Atheist knows this or not. May I also inform you that this goes for Protestants too. If they "know about the Catholic Church and reject it, they cannot be saved." Would you then crucify Pope Francis when he says Protestants can go to heaven by doing good and following conscience?

Next time you're on the internet, try reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It will do a lot of good to you heart and soul.

I still want to know your quarrel with this man, Francis.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo2: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2013
elampiro:

There is no misunderstanding there. Stop defending lies and Freemanson new age teachings.

Again, Benedict would never have appointed Cardinal Pell to advise him and reform the church. Benedict new that the Catholic church doesn't need a reform.

Benedict was silent. If one of his Cardinals was spreading freemasonry and he remained silent...the Vatican was silent, that means Benedict and Vatican are free masons.

But why were they silent? Because the Cardinal said nothing against Catholic teaching.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo2: 11:03am On Sep 15, 2013
elampiro:

Jesus words have stood for themselves over two thousands years and the Catholic church has never been confused about interpreting them to the world.

When you see church hierarchy at odds with the comments of the Pope, know that the end has come. I hope too you are aware that the Vatican radio stopped broadcasting Pope Francis live after he said Jesus is a sinner for us and we don't seek forgiveness in confession? What they do is to edit his words much later.

Perhaps they are editing it for overgrown kids who misconstrue adult language and spread chaos on nairaland.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
italo2:
www.catholicnews.com/jpii/stories/story04.htm

And Pharisees like you crucified him, calling him everything you are now calling Pope Francis.

1. Fr Thomas Rosica is not a Vatican spokesman. So if a news medium has told you he is, common sense should tell you that they may have an ulterior motive.

2. Thomas Rosica's statement actually proves that Atheists can go to heaven if they DONT "know about the Catholic Church." "Knowing here does not just mean seeing or hearing about Catholicism. It means knowing that the Catholic Church is the one true faith. For this, we must leave the judgement to God who sees the heart and knows if the Atheist knows this or not. May I also inform you that this goes for Protestants too. If they "know about the Catholic Church and reject it, they cannot be saved." Would you then crucify Pope Francis when he says Protestants can go to heaven by doing good and following conscience?

Next time you're on the internet, try reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It will do a lot of good to you heart and soul.

I still want to know your quarrel with this man, Francis.

1. You cannot draw the line between articles. Do you pay attention to details at all? The Vatican is saying atheist are not saved if they know the church and refused to enter it. This is same stance with the catechism of the caholic church. But Pope Francis is saying that atheist are saved even without entering or accepting the church despite they having the knowledge of its existence. The Vatican had to correct Pope Francis' statement.

2. You are yet to show me where John Paul II worshiped with Babalawos.

3. Pope John Paul II entered a mosque in order to help negotiate religion tolerance for christians in the muslim world, that is different from Cardinal Bergoglio who went on his knees for leaders of other religions and protestants to pray for him, he fellowship with them severally. Who should pray for who? A cardinal or a protester?

Pls draw the lines very well and stop defending new age teachings.

4. Go and search my comments on nairaland since 2005 whether you will see any one word I said against John Paul II or Benedict XVI. You have told a lie.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
italo2:

Benedict was silent. If one of his Cardinals was spreading freemasonry and he remained silent...the Vatican was silent, that means Benedict and Vatican are free masons.

But why were they silent? Because the Cardinal said nothing against Catholic teaching.

1. Benedict wasn't silent at all. Benedict will go down in history as one of the Popes who reaffirmed and tightened the liturgy in line with what has always been obtained in tradition. He had wolves trying to undermine his work committing atrocities left and right to find way to weaken his papacy and force him out. Why do you think Benedict was nickname 'the enforcer'?

If you are a true Catholic you will know that what is happening now are just as been prophesied. Go and study Marian apparitions and those messages given by Jesus to visionaries over centuries and you will see where we are in salvation history. Go read Malachy prophecy of Popes, read Fatima messages, read Lassalete, Garabandal, messages to St. Pio, late Fr Stafano Gobbi of Italy, prophecy of Francis of Asisi, etc down to contemporary visionaries all around the world.

There will be a time of apostacy and confusion, the Catholic church will have to go through Calvary and a division will come. Many years ago it was revealed that the apostacy will happen when a pope will be forced to resign, then a new one will be elected. Then errors will be thought and after sometime, the mass will be abolished with words of consecration changed. Everything is happening in that line today.

Just watch out.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
italo2:

Perhaps they are editing it for overgrown kids who misconstrue adult language and spread chaos on nairaland.

You are so ignorant about your world that you didn't see that the discussion and damage done by the Pope was worse in forum like yahoo news discussion, cnn news discuss forum, and even many catholic sites. You assume the internet is limited to nairaland or the world is Nigeria? The gays were celebrating the Pope's statement. They didn't see it as an invitation to repent but as a statement of acceptance.

This is the all inclusive church already prophesied which will tolerate sin and form a one world religion. Please try and read what the Europeans and Americans are saying about these Pope statements. He is giving consent to already brainwashed lifestyle of unbelievers. Pope Francis is hiding the truth from God's children.

When the Vatican had to correct him, know there is a problem.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by asamaigho(m): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

shut up a$$HOl. they are your own people. the catholics are true christians because they came before you protestants, pentecostal, born-again and other bullsh.its.
d insult was uneccessary..........bowing before statues are not part of christianity, so correct your distorted/deluded mind.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by FiliDei: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ elampiro,

Let me get your message.

Pope Francis is an agent of satan?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
Fili_Dei: @ elampiro,

Let me get your message.

Pope Francis is an agent of satan?

Let me first get your side. Do you support his controversial comments? What is your opinion on his comment that atheist are saved if they do good, even when they know the church is available and Jesus has said one has to go through Him to heaven.

What is your comment on his statement that when people go to confession they are not to seek for forgiveness but to hand Jesus' sins to Him (Jesus).

What is your take on Pope Francis' gay comment?

Do you know that as Cardinal Bergoglio, Pope Francis surppoted gay union in Argentina?
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/20/world/americas/argentina-pope-civil-unions/index.html

Lets here your opinion about this. I am only expressing my worry.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
asamaigho:
d insult was uneccessary..........bowing before statues are not part of christianity, so correct your distorted/deluded mind.

it is a part of christianity, just like man-wroship, drinking blood and eating flesh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Your Best Nigerian Preacher Of The Gospel? / Muslims In Ondo Worship On Church Land On Eid Day, Church Gives Free Speaker / TB Joshua Predicted Election Postponement (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.