Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. (35933 Views)

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / Amaechi Vs Akpabio Or If You Like APC Vs PDP (pic) / Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (Lagos HOMS) project site

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Plaindealer. You killing em with the pics.....keep it up.

They've started babbling out of context, they'll soon start foaming at the mouth at this rate.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Inspection tour of Oyingbo Market

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Rad1cal: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Italiano1:

Just as I imagined, you have come up with your never ending foaming of the mouth comments.

I know you can never ever understand this but I am sure by the time you circulate it around your village, someone can at least elucidate on the fundamentals of the contents:

http://www.ft.com/cms/5752734c-c2f4-11e2-bbbd-00144feab7de.pdf

Lagos is the 13th Largest economy in Africa and getting accolades from knowledgeable investment analysts from the Financial Times. All those achievements explained in the article was not achieved by idioticc boasting but by hard work, excellent administrative planning and visionary thinking.

Another nonsense , you call this a rebuttal to T Baba knock out. embarassed
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
[size=16pt]FACTS & FIGURES ALWAYS TRUMP SENTIMENTS.

THE UNCOMMON DECEPTION & PROPAGANDA HAS BEEN EXPOSED[/size]

[size=18pt]Where are the 80% of Budget Capital Projects in Akwa Ibom ?[/size]
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
ba7man: @Plaindealer. You killing em with the pics.....keep it up.

They've started babbling out of context, they'll soon start foaming at the mouth at this rate.

This is what the thread is all about and we have more than enough to speak for us, the silly arguments, hatred and dumb talk is for losers.

If they have anything to say, let them say in in form of projects and pictures..
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by tsomething: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Italiano1:

Just as I imagined, you have come up with your never ending foaming of the mouth comments.

I know you can never ever understand this but I am sure by the time you circulate it around your village, someone can at least elucidate on the fundamentals of the contents:

http://www.ft.com/cms/5752734c-c2f4-11e2-bbbd-00144feab7de.pdf

Lagos is the 13th Largest economy in Africa and getting accolades from knowledgeable investment analysts from the Financial Times. All those achievements explained in the article was not achieved by idioticc boasting but by hard work, excellent administrative planning and visionary thinking.

Again he brings up another story irrelevant to the topic @ hand!! Who asked about investments?? We asked of projects Solely executed by these two Governors and your telling us of investments from foreign investors and others!

Ok, let's even analyse this your story of investment well, if truly Lagos is bubbling with investments, the LASG should be making money, and if the Govt is making money, they should be able to embark on numerous projects that would affect the common citizenry of Lagos. In summary, the citizens should be able to enjoy some kind of benefit for the flood of investments into Lagos!!
But is that the case? Taxes in Lagos state are higher than anyhwere in the whole of west africa! Roads are bad! Public schools are dilapidated! Housing is expensive! Cost of living is expensive!! Public water supply is either non existent or non dependable, Sanitation and waste management isn't working in most parts of Lagos,!! So what exactly is the benefit of the flood of investments into Lagos?? But some people somewhere are enjoying them and strategically positioning themselves and their families into these investments and the take photographs and send to you and you get excited!!

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
mn

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ Italiano1:

Please resist the urge to respond, you are partly responsible for derailing the thread by responding to irrelevant posts.

Please, stop responding for the sake of the thread.

We have to moderate ourselves since the mods have abdicated and in effect useless...
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by rozayx5(m): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
Too bad all these Fashola Projects are only seen online, but the average Lagosian still buys water from Tanks, and sifts through a filthy slum to his/ her home
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Rad1cal: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
t-something:

From what you posted above, I could deduce 3 things .

1. LASG water isn't affordable hence you feel it's cheaper to drill and maintain your private borehole .
2. LASG water isn't clean hence you cannot trust it for anything other than for washing cars
3. LASG water isn't steady hence you prefer to use a private borehole where you can conveniently guarantee steady water using a float switch to pump water for storage .

The guy is just a juvenile liar.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Tejuosho Market Inspection...

Fashola Begins Statewide Inspection Tour Of Projects

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Gc-z3XYPwNU/TaMpKq3fghI/AAAAAAAAAEw/s3wT39f46nw/s1600/image001.jpg[/img]

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
I just love this picture, it says a whole lot...

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
Fashola Inspects Igbokushu Housing Project.

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by tsomething: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
rozayx5: Too bad all these Fashola Projects are only seen online, but the average Lagosian still buys water from Tanks, and sifts through a filthy slum to his/ her home

One common thing about all the pictures is Fashola cutting a red tape!! I have thrown a challenge to them to tell me how many of them really enjoy from all these projects Fashola has been cutting red tape!!

I have challenged them to name schools they are sure Fashola solely built with state funds, rather someone is telling me "Fashola built 638 schools" . I challenge him to name only 5 with their locations and we will burst their bubble with facts!!

I have challenged them to name the housing estate built by Fashola with LASG funds and am yet to see any response,!!

I challenged them to tell me how many agro -mart are in Lagos and which of them go there to buy food?? I further challenged them to tell me where Eko rice is sold in the market and who in this Forum has eaten it!! Even Fashola doesn't eat it! Its only good for photographs!!

If Fashola has done all this they claim he has done, why are Lagosians still finding life difficult In as much as they may want to deny that fact, but deep within them , their conscience is flogging them with guilt !!!

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pictures speak more than a thousand words.

All those haters have been saying since is Words......empty ones.

These pics would have probably spoken millions of words by now.

Abeg, keep postin till they drop dead from hate.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
Fashola Unveils Rededicated Sam Okwaraji Memorial Garden

20th Annivesary Of The Tragic Death Of Samuel Okwaraji Held At National Stadium, Surulere

Aug 12, 2009 - In a year when we have elected to spend more time and resources on matters which concern young people and women, it is a welcome coincidence that the 20th Anniversary of Sam Okwaraji’s transition happens to be Y2009.

From that tragic day on the 12 August in 1989, we gather to celebrate a young man who led his peers by example. He was the model patriot for this country. He was immensely educated and truly talented as a sportsman.

Literally, Sam was ready to die for this country and I believe he demonstrated that before he died and by the circumstances leading to his death.

We gather here to celebrate him as a true Nigeria hero, as we have celebrated Alhaji Jakande, M. K. O. Abiola, Justice Muri-Okunola and many of our living and departed patriots.

In doing this, we hope that we are able to impact the values of public and national service to the present generation of Nigerian youths.

On behalf of the Government and people of Lagos State, we affirm that the labours of our heroes past will not be in vain.

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN
Lagos State Governor

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
t-something:

One common thing about all the pictures is Fashola cutting a red tape!! I have thrown a challenge to them to tell me how many of them really enjoy from all these projects Fashola has been cutting red tape!!

I have challenged them to name schools they are sure Fashola solely built with state funds, rather someone is telling me "Fashola built 638 schools" . I challenge him to name only 5 with their locations and we will burst their bubble with facts!!

I have challenged them to name the housing estate built by Fashola with LASG funds and am yet to see any response,!!

I challenged them to tell me how many agro -mart are in Lagos and which of them go there to buy food?? I further challenged them to tell me where Eko rice is sold in the market and who in this Forum has eaten it!! Even Fashola doesn't eat it! Its only good for photographs!!

If Fashola has done all this they claim he has done, why are Lagosians still finding life difficult In as much as they may want to deny that fact, but deep within them , their conscience is flogging them with guilt !!!

I understand you are embittered, pele. ndo grin grin.

"You want to burst bubble with fact" ? Does fact now mean emotional rantings? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
d

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
emiye:

"You want to burst bubble with fact" ? Does fact now mean emotional rantings? cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's still the same silly argument after so many pages.

Funny enough, he's from Akwa Ibom according to him, but this thread is about his so called state, but he has nothing to show for his state, just silly and pointless rants all over the place...

What about contributing to the thread by showing us something meaningful from your state?
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by inspbado(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
unmask: I read through some of the posts..... And I have reached my conclusion.... Akpabio has done well but the major difference between akpabio's works and fashola's is the vision......

Akpabio's works are what you get when you have money to spend and won't need to think much on other factors.....

Fashola's works are based on when you need to create a vision of what should be while having several factors working against you

I don't know about akpabio's governance cause I don't stay in his state.... But what has happened in lagos is highly remarkable...... Just solving the transport conundrum to a reasonable extent is an achievement that most Governors won't be able to boast of even if they had to think about it for 8 years

Well said my guy!!!! You totally expressed my thoughts smiley
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
emiye:

Hehehehehehehe......abeg free dat guy jooor.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Italiano1: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
t-something:

Again he brings up another story irrelevant to the topic @ hand!! Who asked about investments?? We asked of projects Solely executed by these two Governors and your telling us of investments from foreign investors and others!

Ok, let's even analyse this your story of investment well, if truly Lagos is bubbling with investments, the LASG should be making money, and if the Govt is making money, they should be able to embark on numerous projects that would affect the common citizenry of Lagos. In summary, the citizens should be able to enjoy some kind of benefit for the flood of investments into Lagos!!
But is that the case? Taxes in Lagos state are higher than anyhwere in the whole of west africa! Roads are bad! Public schools are dilapidated! Housing is expensive! Cost of living is expensive!! Public water supply is either non existent or non dependable, Sanitation and waste management isn't working in most parts of Lagos,!! So what exactly is the benefit of the flood of investments into Lagos?? But some people somewhere are enjoying them and strategically positioning themselves and their families into these investments and the take photographs and send to you and you get excited!!

No it is not irrelevant at all- well it might be to you because it is unpalatable news for you and your hate agenda towards a state and a people you love to hate.

The article demonstrates the opinion of a non partisan body that has done an extensive research and have explicitly concluded what you have implicitly denied.

In future, can you please post in paragraphs so that it will be easier to respond to each of your points.

1. I will assume that you have had the fortitude to read the report and not merely glanced through it. Lagos has surpassed the rest of the country on all the indices by which they based their conclusions. It gets very interesting when you read their summation on Abuja. I will implore you to read on the infrastructure and employment statistics of Lagos compared to the rest of the nation; this is regardless of the fact that Lagos has ceased being the capital of the Nation for decades, a fact that you have conveniently omitted.

2. It is not called "bubbling with investments" which school did you attend? Lagos has positioned itself to take optimal advantage of its locational and strategic opportunity to allow for inward FDI from British, American, Indian, Chinese investors etc in major areas such as infrastructural developments, innovative projects the rest of Nigeria can only salivate on. The LASG created a pathway for innovative schemes such as viable PPP arrangements that are providing the needed services for Lagosians at long-run economically beneficial terms.

3. This thread is about comparing the achievements of the Lagos state governor and his counterpart in Akwa Ibom- we are not comparing Lagos with New York or London. The average Lagosian who is not bedeviled by hate and tribalism can easily tell that Lagos is a better state than 8 years ago. More houses, hospitals, schools are been built- some named after Non-Yoruba people! Roads, Bridges have either been reconstructed, remodeled or enhanced to facilitate and improve traffic conditions.

3. You claim that Lagos taxes are highest in West Africa, you care to provide any evidence? Or did you source that out of you A**hole as usual? Regardless, your points about infrastructures such as water provision, waste management, school buildings while tenable in some areas in Lagos is basically nonsensical because Lagos is engulfed with massive immigration from the rest of Nigeria notably from a particular region- do you want to guess which part

Lagos is a country on its own and has to deal with an acute case of population explosion!! Are a fan or a student of Public Administration? I guess not! When the government decides to make plans to improve a state they cannot scientifically envisage the geometric emigration into Lagos from some regions.

4. Development is a continuous process! Lagos has identified that income generation is not maximized by illegal and irrelevant fake spare parts sellers, fake drug peddlers, fake CD sellers etc but by viable investments that will benefit the state in the long term and not be detrimental to the citizens and legal residents of the state.

I wish to welcome you to a new Lagos, you can either put up or shut the helll up!!
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
LASG plans rent-to-own housing scheme

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by inspbado(m): 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Delafruita:
fashola has shown us that with the right people in place,things can improve. tinubu has also shown us that you can be a godfather without interfering in everything.isnt it suprising that despite tinubu's long tentacles,none of his proteges break rank?i am yet to witness a time when ACN became factionalised in any southwest state.there are usually disagreements but they rarely rise to that level.

this only shows that there can be political differences,but they should be seperated from governnace.fashola has shown that been in power doesnt mean been powerful.many a time the governor's convoy passes and people dont even realise its the governor.the wellbeing and freedom of movement of people isnt compromised because the chief executive is passing by.

fashola has showed us that there is no office of the first lady.he has showed us that his wife has no role in governance and her appearances at functions are at best,supportive or social.

fashola isnt perfect and sometimes overzealous officials and advisers make mistakes as happened in the deportation saga(an action i condemned and still do) but overall he has shown us that with the right people in place,we can move forward.

I've been reading your comments in this thread, and I must say, you've made some of the most sensible and intelligent comments/arguments here ( not overlooking some other intelligent posts too, eg naptu's).
The thing about fashola is not only his overwhelming achievements in the governance of Lagos, but also his style of governance. The man is not perfect(no man is) but the man's vision, intellect and way of doing things is just extraordinary, when viewed from a Nigerian way of doing things !!

Akpabio,in my estimation, has tried. But honestly speaking, he has not justified the huge resources given his state viz a viz the population. the man has not generated any new idea(s) of making money in the state(unlike what fashola is doing in Lagos) all he does is spend d money at his disposal. In the Nigeria of today we need men with ideas; men who can change the old order of doing things. Plus;the guy is too crude, loud and ostentatious for my liking!! He "dashes"out public money like he owns it! You'll never see fashola give out public money anyhow, except for worthy causes,case in point;nogozi nwosu, the actress who was given 8m nd flown abroad for her surgery by the Lagos state govt.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ibgogbo Housing scheme..

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
aa

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by plaindealer: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Fashola Commissions State–Of–The–Art e–Learning Centre
…Says innovation will continue to drive State's economy

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

EFCC's Epic Response To Youths Protesting Against George Turner's Arrest / ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report / Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.