Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. (35923 Views)

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / Amaechi Vs Akpabio Or If You Like APC Vs PDP (pic) / Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2013
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Goddex: 8:56am On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerlan: https://www.nairaland.com/charles1234/posts/2
https://www.nairaland.com/917634/cities-best-roads-nigeria/4
Akwa Ibom
www.nairaland.com/attachments/746500_AkaJunction_jpgd02b78c1198660879dc875b5d5df229d
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725129_t12_jpg708c1e55f0f672d7c5ca186bf7f6fdf9
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725120_z3_jpgb5afa08c06a9d1dd923da767ba115916
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725119_z2_jpg5dee2ee0480a043427379a91ef1502c9
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725118_z1_jpg5d0f2eea6e0b422f208f7c5810022725
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725088_cd_jpg0fb2fa657cc6b9a0c5725e0dec52be8e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725042_ch3_jpg82ccc39f1aa1022971a805a0be9808e8
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725041_ch2_jpgd9848e6f85c66cada64af945d369d79b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725040_ch_jpg6fa165a3fb664106971b871213827f86
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725026_uyo_5_jpg05dc9066dde2180c10e9f8f85c91c359
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725107_t11_jpg65139117476c0fa22da47ac82ebac33d
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725104_t14_jpg9709932a8516d849116dfe43bb690593
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725112_z6_jpg0802b53964ce0e86c94c4efd1716992c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725111_z7_jpg5c7d50894d85b42e705af90b1ad889da
[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachmtents/725110_z8_jpg00e106f3afa6fdf5b35bbf688e6b1be2[/img]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/725108_z9_jpgbe5fadca1237d06d5bacfeaefc852c74

Akpabio beats Fashola by miles. The Lagos media hype is Fashola's only tool. That is why if he provides street lights on Ikorodu road or Ipaja road, his illiterate foot soldiers will move it straight to front page for celeberation. Meanwhile, almost all of Uyo and Calabar are lit up with functional (I repeat "Functional"wink street lights every night and nobody is making noise about it. The Federal Govt's owned Abuja metropolis is almost entirely lit up every night with street light and GEJ nor the FCT minister has never mentioned that as an achievement. The rate at which my Lagosian brothers celebrate mediocrity these days surprises me.

Fashola's only major legacy project is Eko Athlantic city. Even that is being Co financed with private sector funding. He has also done a lot in road construction and despite the huge revenue base of Lagos state he has acquired so much debts for upcoming generations. But how does all that compare with Akpabio who is doing the following:

1) Free and Compulsory education

2) Ibom Power Plant

3) Akwa Ibom International Airport

4) Ibaka deep Seaport

5) Excellent quality road network around the lenght and breath of the state

6) 30,000 seater international stadium

7) Took practical steps to establish the Akwa Ibom state University

5 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by hopilo: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2013
I like the challenge nairaland have help to generate, this will cause our leaders to work even more, please if you have pictures of places our dear governor akpabio has not touch just post it, one thing l am so sure of that my great leader is that he will just turn the wind of uncommon transformation to that direction and you will in no time see something befiting. for that skill acquisation center and Eket phychriatic hospital pictures posted by you, l can gurantee you that place will have a face lift because my Governor loves challenges like this. I don't know of Fashola if he will transform those school posted because that is not conducive for learning at all.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ShineIt: 9:34am On Sep 14, 2013
I wonder why people indulge Eko Ile knowing the dude's ape crazy.
Imagine his post at 2.am till nearly 4.am all by himself.

He should be left alone on this thread to bathe in his urine.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Rad1cal: 9:34am On Sep 14, 2013
Akpabio did all these squarely from state funds without counterpart private sector funding.

Can the OP now show us what Fashola achieved with his over 30billion monthly cash for over 6 years without Private sector funding.

Godswill Akpabio is real Mehnnn! cool

12 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Rad1cal: Akpabio did all these squarely from state funds without counterpart private sector funding.

Can the OP now show us what Fashola achieved with his over 30billion monthly cash for over 6 years without Private sector funding.

Godswill Akpabio is real Mehnnn! cool
thank you.Akpabio has even built majority of the federal roads in aks yet we no ear noise.He is currently constructing a sixlane uyo-aba road,he even had to tell d governor of abia to let him complete d road til it reaches abia,yet we no ear noise.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ckkris: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2013
How can persin wey get sense begin to de compare Godswill Akpabio with this Fashole. Just see the kind World Cup Stadium wey Akpabio de build at Uyo.

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Goddex: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2013
Emmadani: thank you.Akpabio has even built majority of the federal roads in aks yet we no ear noise.He is currently constructing a sixlane uyo-aba road,he even had to tell d governor of abia to let him complete d road til it reaches abia,yet we no ear noise.

Besides, Fashola only construct short streets - few kilometres roads. His only long distant road would have been that Lagos - Badagry expressway but unfortunately, that road is being abandoned after spending about one quarter of the cost on media campaign. Akpabio's roads runs several kilometres crisscrossing the lenght and breath of the entire state opening up forgotten villages and settlements for development.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Rad1cal: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2013
Goddex:

. His only long distant road would have been that Lagos - Badagry expressway but unfortunately, That road is being abandoned after spending about one quarter of the cost on media campaign

shocked grin
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by mrakin(m): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Well, I am happy Gov. Akpabio is doing well. Gov. Fashola too is doing well. The only difference is population. Lagos population is high. Another difference is the political 'barbwires' surrounding Gov Fashola is big enough to make him succumb to their dictates.
Those fine roads constructed in Ak/ibom can't use up to 3 months before some dirty lagosians will deface it.
Talking about schools, I think we are not yet there in Lagos, but we don try.
We need more masses-oriented projects in Lagos. E.g.
Workers salary in Lagos is less than those in Ogun state, whereas cost of living in Lagos is higher.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by gregg2: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2013
Where are all these noisemakers?

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by bloggernaija: 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
gregg2: Where are all these noisemakers?

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE ABOUT AKPABIO AND LAWMA.
YES
LAGOS STATE WASTE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY .
BECAUSE HE IS NOT COMPETENT ENOUGH TO RUN IT ON THAT SHOESTRING BUDGET
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
We have seen roads,stadium and pockets of hospitals from Akwa-ibom, where are the others ?

I am aware Akwa-ibom budget is more than that of Lagos.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by solomon111(m): 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
bloggernaija:

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE ABOUT AKPABIO AND LAWMA.
YES
LAGOS STATE WASTE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY .
BECAUSE HE IS NOT COMPETENT ENOUGH TO RUN IT ON THAT SHOESTRING BUDGET
slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
The same set of empty roads and 2 flyovers from different angles are alway being presented everytime.

When asked further, Akwa-Ibom Tropicana and the Stadium is added.

Frankly, its becoming void to me.

I saw the elevated railline and the train stations being constructed by Fashola + the expanded Badagry expressway complete with pedestrian bridges and elevated catwalks to the stations. This project alone is driven by far more vision than Akpabio can comprehend.

The intelligence behind the Eko-Atlantic city alone, killing 2 birds with one stone by protecting the already eroding shoreline by building a futuristic model city and realizing that inviting investors would make it happen faster that using State funds.......Man, is that not a person thinking far above the norm??

Rather than building roads that are being plyed by one the highest number of Keke Marwa in Nigeria. Akwa-Ibom remains a town with well tarred roads.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
ba7man: The same set of empty roads and 2 flyovers from different angles are alway being presented everytime.

I tire oooo

If truly he is exceptional, lets see those things he has done, not computer rendering, he has a budget per capital over 4 times that of Lagos embarassed embarassed embarassed. He has spent the same number of years as Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
emiye:

I tire oooo

If truly he is exceptional, lets see those things he has done, not computer rendering, he has a budget per capital over 4 times that of Lagos embarassed embarassed embarassed. He has spent the same number of years as Fashola.
When you look beyond those roads, you realize that not much is going on.

I've never seen the picture of the C.B.D of Uyo.....that's if it has any, all they keep posting as the high point of Uyo is those flyovers. If banks haven't started struggling for space to build branches in Uyo, it means there's still no money in circulation in the "City" and it remains in the State Government's hands........Guess where the banks AKS's money is are located.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by jmaine: 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
ba7man: When you look beyond those roads, you realize that not much is going on.

In terms of quality or what ?

Even the quality of the already tolled Lekki Ajah 50 billion naira road doesn't hold a candle to those roads in AKS.

3 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
A semi- mansion built in the midst of huts will appear more special than a mansion built amidst mansions.

Akpabio's work should reflect more, since he has a much more rural like state to develop

Traffic and Waste management is enough headache for a state with 20 million inhabitants.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
ba7man: The same set of empty roads and 2 flyovers from different angles are alway being presented everytime.

I saw the elevated railline and the train stations being constructed by Fashola + the expanded Badagry expressway complete with pedestrian bridges and elevated catwalks to the stations. This project alone is driven by far more vision than Akpabio can comprehend.

The intelligence behind the Eko-Atlantic city alone, killing 2 birds with one stone by protecting the already eroding shoreline by building a futuristic model city and realizing that inviting investors would make it happen faster that using State funds.......Man, is that not a person thinking far above the norm??

Rather than building roads that are being plyed by one the highest number of Keke Marwa in Nigeria. Akwa-Ibom remains a town with well tarred roads.
ewang av u heard of ibom industrial city?Eko athlantic started far bak 2003,ibom industrial citw wil take off 2014,dat project alone beats eko athlantic hands down.Meanwhile wat is d latest development in d eko athlantic.Pics to show?

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
emiye: A semi- mansion built in the midst of huts will appear more special than a mansion built amidst mansions.

Akpabio's work should reflect more, since he has a much more rural like state to develop

Traffic and Waste management is enough headache for a state with 20 million inhabitants.

Just the ingenious way Gov Fashola tackled the problem of waste evacuation is revolutionary in Nigeria.

He encouraged private investors to purchase garbage trucks and register waste disposal comapnies. They register with the Lagos State Government and you're given a number of streets you're to service. The residents pay you and you remit a certain amount back to LASG. Everybody's happy and more people get paid.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
ba7man: When you look beyond those roads, you realize that not much is going on.

I've never seen the picture of the C.B.D of Uyo.....that's if it has any, all they keep posting as the high point of Uyo is those flyovers. If banks haven't started struggling for space to build branches in Uyo, it means there's still no money in circulation in the "City" and it remains in the State Government's hands........Guess where the banks AKS's money is are located.
FOA,TEL me how many states in nigeria has CBD then show us d pix..!
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
ba7man: Just the ingenious way Gov Fashola tackled the problem of waste evacuation is revolutionary in Nigeria.

He encouraged private investors to purchase garbage trucks and register waste disposal comapnies. They register with the Lagos State Government and you're given a number of streets you're to service. The residents pay you and you remit a certain amount back to LASG. Everybody's happy and more people get paid.

Some people are not objective, and have not learnt to put things in to perspective.

Do they know it is hard work for Lagos to generate the bulk of its income(over 80% of it), unlike Akwa-ibom that waits for FG 13% derivation.for over 90% of its income.

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
jmaine:

In terms of quality or what ?

Even the quality of the already tolled Lekki Ajah 50 billion naira road doesn't hold a candle to those roads in AKS.

Why won't the roads in AKS hold their nice looks longer?? When they're being plyed by okadas and keke Marwas.

When they start handling the pressures of Lagos like traffic, that's when I'll reckon with them.

3 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by takedat(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
Another muscle flexing thread, I wish ya all 'goodluck'. Before then, let's put certain facts into perspective.

Total Budget of Akwa-Ibom State under the Akpabio administration(2007-2013)- N2.444trillion

Total Budget of Lagos State under Fashola administration(2007-2013)- N2.945trillion

* Allocation for recurrent expenditure in Lagos State budget(s) is more than twice that of Akwa Ibom i.e overheads and personnel costs etc. Lagos have more than twice the work force of Akwa Ibom. Akwa Ibom have more money to spend on capital projects than Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by jmaine: 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
ba7man: Why won't the roads in AKS hold their nice looks longer?? When they're being plyed by okadas and keke Marwas.

When they start handling the pressures of Lagos like traffic, that's when I'll reckon with them.

Wrong logic . . .The shabby look of the uncompleted Lekki Ajah 50 billion road is not because of any traffic.

It has been like that since inception. Population indices can never be used to justify a shabby job at inception.

unless you want to tell us the Lekki Hitech road had the same finese like the JB roads in AKS.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
saving the best for last? This should be fun. The thread should be about achievements and projects, anyone could bring pics from 20yrs ago and past them as neglect. The mods should keep it to projects completed.

1 Like

Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by asha80(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
Emmadani: thank you.Akpabio has even built majority of the federal roads in aks yet we no ear noise.He is currently constructing a sixlane uyo-aba road,he even had to tell d governor of abia to let him complete d road til it reaches abia,yet we no ear noise.
did the abia governor agree to it?
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by emiye(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
jmaine:

Wrong logic . . .The shabby look of the uncompleted Lekki Ajah 50 billion road is not because of any traffic.

It has been like that since inception. Population indices can never be used to justify a shabby job at inception.

unless you want to tell us the Lekki Hitech road had the same finese like the JB roads in AKS.

Shabby look ? sad It appears you dont know what shabby means
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by ba7man(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
jmaine:

Those Lagos roads never have an inception. The first day of their opening and they handle more traffic than those AKS roads will handle in a month.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: did the abia governor agree to it?
d man no agree o.
Re: The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. by jmaine: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
emiye:

Shabby look ? sad It appears you dont know what shabby means

Pikin wey never taste another woman food go say na him mama food sweet pass . .So you are excused . . .

Just take a look at those JB roads and take dressing . . . . grin

[img]http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.nairaland.com/attachments/725108_z9_jpgbe5fadca1237d06d5bacfeaefc852c74[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc / Photo: Caption This Bukola Saraki's "Support" Banner Displayed By His Supporters / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.