Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? (12628 Views)

I Have 1 Million Naira ,pls Advise Me On What Car To Buy / What Car Should I Get? (1.5M, 23 Year Old) / What Car Should A Young Man Get? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Lovetinz(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
Within Lagos 80km/h,
Highways 120 km/h.
Honda CRV 03.
I learnt my lesson when my tire blew out at 130km/h.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Temismith(f): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
180-200-km/hr especially wen its raining. :-P

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by andymofia(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siena: 140 mph (225 km/h) - private UK road.
156 mph (251 km/h) - German Autobahn (derestricted sections).

Lies that touch the heart

2 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by miqos(m): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
i drive 140 with my danfo bus? if u laugh at me...., you go hear am
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
80km/h on Aba rd(phc) when dere's no traffic! Neva travelled tho
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
This thread is created for drunk and irresponsible drivers.

And lies lol "225KM/hr" I didn't know 007 was on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 25Calibre(m): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
I did 125km in an SUV at 22:00, in Nigeria, a road called badagry express way, road was pitch black, the occupants of the car advised me to step on it, because the roads were home to criminals and smugglers.

At one point, I hit 138km, which in an SUV is a big deal. It was a hellish experience, one I hope never to have again
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by batstan(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
120Km/hr on a highway/interstatd and 60km/hr on densely traffic road with ma 230 benz (regular/flatboot) '82 model
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by searay(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
When I'm acting film, it's about 361Km/hr but 200Km/hr on our highway.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by nnemmpi(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
Atleast 100 to 120
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 25Calibre(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2013

Bugatti Veyron, the fastest road car, maxes out at about 250-260mph, so except you were driving a Koenigsegg or some beastly Ferrari, I don't think you are truthful.

Attempt such speeds on a UK road (except race tracks), and you'd be chased by a full squad of police men in helicopters and cars and then handed a lengthy jail time.

Do you think you are talking to kids here?

2 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by deeptesting(m): 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
120 on the highway is ideal for me, above 120 is suicide mission on Nigeria road. I will rather take a walk to my destination than allow you go above 120....
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by whisper88(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
How do i bcum d owner of nairaland
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by toyfat: 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
Notice: most of the top stunts are done with toyota and others rides...una dey fear use honda products?
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by joinnow: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Dear All,
We are in mber months and the tendencies is that Nigerian like to travel alots.
Please this topic is tempting

Please value your life and the life of others with you in your car, in other cars, or walking on the road?

overspeeding is one of the major cause of accident in Nigeria road.

In Nigeria road 60-80km per hour is ok in most highway.
Remember if you do 180,200,220 /hr the person maintaing 80km will catch up with you ?How you may ask.

If you do 140-180km let say you are going from Lagos to PH and you stop over at Benin to eat. before you finishing eating those trailer and truck that were doing 80km will meet you at benin.
So what are you rushing for
Please slow and steady will the race.
Better be late than never. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Exponental(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
It depends on
1. The car's efficiency
2. The tyre conditions
3. The brake reliability
4. The road status.
I did 150km/hr on Ogbomosho-Ilorin road comfortably with a nissan primera n mazda 626. The above criteria were rated above 90% by me.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
joinnow:
Dear All,
We are in mber months and the tendencies is that Nigerian like to travel alots.
Please this topic is tempting

Please value your life and the life of others with you in your car, in other cars, or walking on the road?

overspeeding is one of the major cause of accident in Nigeria road.

In Nigeria road 60-80km per hour is ok in most highway.
Remember if you do 180,200,220 /hr the person maintaing 80km will catch up with you ?How you may ask.

If you do 140-180km let say you are going from Lagos to PH and you stop over at Benin to eat. before you finishing eating those trailer and truck that were doing 80km will meet you at benin.
So what are you rushing for
Please slow and steady will the race.
Better be late than never. grin grin grin

Who be this one again na...

Abeg park well or I overtake you! angry
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

Bugatti Veyron, the fastest road car, maxes out at about 250-260mph, so except you were driving a Koenigsegg or some beastly Ferrari, I don't think you are truthful.

Attempt such speeds on a UK road (except race tracks), and you'd be chased by a full squad of police men in helicopters and cars and then handed a lengthy jail time.

You obviously can't read. My higher speeds are quoted in km/h, and the places these speeds were done...read, and take in. Any mention of public UK roads?

6 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by joinnow: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
Okija_juju:

Who be this one again na...

Abeg park well or I overtake you! angry

I am talking from experience please.

Please all young ones in the house there is no trophy for overspeeding OOOOOOOO
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sum akwa ibom roads i will go 180km/h..!180 is d last i can go.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
I Maintained 240 KM/h for good 32 minutes with 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante 3.5 V6, along New Ilorin expressway, Mehn my heart quake when I attempted to slow down, the brake stop functioning.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by powerblaze(m): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2013
I once drove my boss's v8 4Runner..
As my first time in a V-rated vehicle, I was really impressed with the quick acceleration, and the handling was good.. Didn't know when I hit 140.. It felt very comfortable, but I resisted moving faster. Where am I rushing to?

Now I hate my good o'l mazda..
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siena:

You obviously can't read. My higher speeds are quoted in km/h, and the places these speeds were done...read, and take in. Any mention of public UK roads?

You should have left him alone to continue in his ignorance since in the 21st century someone can just utter anything he/she likes without first observing and understanding what its all about.
I really dislike the idea of bringing out any topic from car talk to front page because non car enthusiasts, folks who haven't handled a vehicle and some other clowns would hijack the thread show up the abundance of their ignorance ultimately defeating the purpose why the thread was created initially just as some folks are already making carricature of this thread. angry angry

4 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
With 2005 Toyota Tundra, I do 180 with a CCU on Benin-Asaba. Also Onisha-Owerri road, then with 406 peugeot, I do 20-160max on Lokoja-Abuja road
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siena:

Still can't justify the bluff bro
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2013

yeee!!!!! me im just 21 o! na 60-80 kmph tinz for me o with my camry 2.2

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
REALITY101:

Still can't justify the bluff bro
Don't mind him oh....first ask him if he can drive not to talk of doing 200km/h and above
Ask him what's the car make and max for him doing such speed
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by omodapson(m): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
I can comfortably maintain 110 mph but the highest I have gone is 130 mph.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by omodapson(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

stop ranting and read his post again.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by sambrow(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
shoot@sight:
Hello nairalanders... A lot of us are often guilty of beating our chest about how fast we can go on the highway e.g 150km/hr, 180km/hr Ɛ.t.c. That is however different from Τђε speed at which we can comfortably maintain/manage without endangering ones life. Personally i max out at 140km/hr, not because I can't go any faster but simply because our roads αяє notoriously capable of developing craters overnight no thanks †̥σ shoddy work by some contractors. So let's hear yours, keep Τђε ball rolling!
Happy new week and please don't allow your oga at the top †̥o nab you attempting †̥σ comment on nairaland while you're on duty. ℓ☺ℓ!

160k/hr. Depend on d road anyway
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siena:

Read you post again, where else can you do such speed if not in a public highway
I grin in chinese.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by NOIBMUUL(m): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
undecided I comfortably do 150km/h -160km/h on third mainland bridge with my passat. Usually on Saturday mornings before 6:30am or sometimes Sunday evening around 5pm. no biggie! Na God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X / Bugatti Divo Undergoes A Makeover, Unrevealed At Paris Auto Show - Photos / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.