Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,306 members, 7,954,232 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:00 PM

TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" - TV/Movies (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" (120666 Views)

Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~ / TV/Movies Quiz - The Game / TV/Movies Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by cixnetwork: 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bar man, one cold beer for now please. Line 4 bottles of beer up. So, who's talking here? I dey wait o
people add me on BBM C001A4D57
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 6:00am On Sep 05, 2014
cixnetwork: Bar man, one cold beer for now please. Line 4 bottles of beer up. So, who's talking here? I dey wait o
people add me on BBM C001A4D57
Welcome sir,

plus four more lined up just for you alone.

...afterall IT'S MY SISTERS BIRTHDAY HURRAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 6:06am On Sep 05, 2014
HAPPY BIRTHDAY UjSizzle.!!!

I wish you all you need and more plus all the best things in life plus all the LOVE, JOY, HEALTH and HAPPINESS!

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Briareos(m): 7:16am On Sep 05, 2014
prof800:
Welcome sir,

plus four more lined up just for you alone.

Is it not too early for this?

...afterall IT'S MY SISTERS BIRTHDAY HURRAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it not too early for this?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2014
^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

It depends on the part of the world you are. tongue

It is 4:40PM in Australia and 17:59 somewhere on this planet. wink shocked shocked shocked

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AU-ACT.aspx

'Time of day' is just an illusion sir.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2014
prof800: HAPPY BIRTHDAY UjSizzle.

I wish you all you need and more plus all the best things in life plus all the LOVE, JOY, HEALTH and HAPPINESS!

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheesy Thanks hun!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2014
Happy birthday Ujsizzle. Longlife and prosperity. Hip! Hip! Hip!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2014
sholay2011: Happy birthday Ujsizzle. Longlife and prosperity. Hip! Hip! Hip!
Thanks dearie kiss
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by naptu2: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Do not miss the birthday party of the year! UjSizzle's birthday party is going down here https://www.nairaland.com/1888736/happy-birthday-ujsizzle#26037674

There'll be lots to eat and drink (extra portions for guests that bring presents). Don't miss it.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 1:57am On Sep 12, 2014
[img]http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/abderrahmane-sissakos-timbuktu-is-mauritanias-best-foreign-language-oscar-competition-entry-20140908[/img]

Abderrahmane Sissako's 'Timbuktu' Is Mauritania's Best Foreign Language 2015 Oscar Competition Entry!

oya, were is our own? undecided undecided undecided

Nigeria my Nigeria with our usual chua chua...!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 10:53am On Sep 12, 2014
prof800: [img]http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/abderrahmane-sissakos-timbuktu-is-mauritanias-best-foreign-language-oscar-competition-entry-20140908[/img]

Abderrahmane Sissako's 'Timbuktu' Is Mauritania's Best Foreign Language 2015 Oscar Competition Entry!

Hmmmm. ...
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Wongi378(f): 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Good evening every1.
Could sm1 pls help me wt da name of the song that is played in da movie: Mary the Hunter. I only knw that it talks abt God n I really love the song, it was also played on Holding Hope.

Thank u in advance
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
prof800:
dunno sef... something to rate home made movies.?
oh Okay ooo.

prof800: [img]http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/abderrahmane-sissakos-timbuktu-is-mauritanias-best-foreign-language-oscar-competition-entry-20140908[/img]

lol..who told you they will be submitting every year? bros, they may decide not to submit in the next five years if there's no worthy movie.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
And I just watched Black November! *sighs* well....okay. It's just another poorly executed film. It's obvious that money was splashed on stars and action stunts (which wasn't even well coordinated; sometimes, I got lost on which car was crashing on which). Inshort, I didn't like it! To be fair sha, it's just an average film.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 2:14am On Sep 14, 2014
speedyboi: And I just watched Black November! *sighs* well....okay. It's just another poorly executed film. It's obvious that money was splashed on stars and action stunts (which wasn't even well coordinated; sometimes, I got lost on which car was crashing on which). Inshort, I didn't like it! To be fair sha, it's just an average film.
Why are you always this blunt? I want to know.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by wepushnews(f): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Last time I watched a Nollywood movie at the cinema and didn't hate myself for wasting time was a month ago and that movie was 'Half of a yellow sun'.

I have since seen a couple of Nollywood flicks after that and none of them even comes close to achieving the beautiful but-not-accurate interpretation of roles Biyi Bandele presented via HOAYS. I am not easy to please so you will need more than hype to get me to pay to watch a Nigerian movie in a cinema.

READ MORE: http://www.radar.ng/reviews/hundred-you-wont-die-if-you-wait-for-the-dvd-release-of-omoni-obolis-being-mrs-elliot/
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 1:20am On Sep 16, 2014
Wongi378: Good evening every1.
Could sm1 pls help me wt da name of the song that is played in da movie: Mary the Hunter. I only knw that it talks abt God n I really love the song, it was also played on Holding Hope.

Thank u in advance
I have not seen the movie.
I'm not really into that kinda stuff...
...but if you can post the lyrics.. maybe it will ring a bell.

btw...
"Mary the Hunter", is it the part 1 or the part 2.?

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
Just saw 'HOUSE OF GOLD' I kinda like it, but my turn off is where the characters talk to the screen.

Yvonne and Majid are really ghana best.

Omawumi is a good actress as she is a good singer.

Ice prince went all hip-hop in the movie, but his last scene where everyone start revealing each others secret really left me with no regret of watching.

Francis odega, lol, always comic even when he tries to be serious.

In all; the movie was watchable, it's the best ghanian movie I've seen
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
tonyayo1: Just saw 'HOUSE OF GOLD' I kinda like it, but my turn off is where the characters talk to the screen.

Yvonne and Majid are really ghana best.

Omawumi is a good actress as she is a good singer.

Ice prince went all hip-hop in the movie, but his last scene where everyone start revealing each others secret really left me with no regret of watching.

Francis odega, lol, always comic even when he tries to be serious.

In all; the movie was watchable, it's the best ghanian movie I've seen
Thanks for your review. 'Would check it out sometime sha. Best ghanaian movie you've seen? Wow!

But have you seen these movies: 'Ties that Bind' and 'Perfect picture'? They are my favourite ghanaian movies. You can check them out.

I love me some Omawumi btw cheesy
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
sholay2011:
Thanks for your review. 'Would check it out sometime sha. Best ghanaian movie you've seen? Wow!

But have you seen these movies: 'Ties that Bind' and 'Perfect picture'? They are my favourite ghanaian movies. You can check them out.

Haven't seen any of those ghanaian movies you mentioned, until I see them, House of Gold is still my best compared to their movies I've seen.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
tonyayo1:
Haven't seen any of those ghanaian movies you mentioned, until I see them, House of Gold is still my best compared to their movies I've seen.
Okay.

I also recommend 'Sinking sands'.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
sholay2011:
Okay.

I also recommend 'Sinking sands'.
Noted
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 18, 2014
sholay2011:
Why are you always this blunt? I want to know.
lol. What can i say? Do you want me to be using style to say a film no make sense? Lol. The painful part is the film's story has so much potential to be brilliant, but something went wrong somewhere. I dunno.

Btw, have you guys seen the new teaser for october 1? My hope just got raised, it looks really good. And considering that Golden Effects' films are always much more interesting than their trailers lol. I have a feeling the film will make up for all the disappointments i've met this year.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2014
wepushnews: Last time I watched a Nollywood movie at the cinema and didn't hate myself for wasting time was a month ago and that movie was 'Half of a yellow sun'.

I have since seen a couple of Nollywood flicks after that and none of them even comes close to achieving the beautiful but-not-accurate interpretation of roles Biyi Bandele presented via HOAYS. I am not easy to please so you will need more than hype to get me to pay to watch a Nigerian movie in a cinema.
if you actually think hoays is 'amazing' (even if you think its 'good '), then you are easy to please.!

And did someone just mention "house of gold"? Urrgh! Someone shoot me already!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 18, 2014
sholay2011:

strike out "perfect picture". Ties that bind and sinking sands are brilliant!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by IBOGIRL1: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
This is d season of sweet proffessional cinematography and acting for nigeria. I have neva bin more interested in nigerian movies just as nigerian movies has neva been so much beta and captivating than now! #nuffsaid# guys u all shud watch d movie *confusion na wa o and tango with me. Those films are classical and oc ukeje in confusion na wa o was actually hiliarious. D guy is an actor..

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by RayPsst(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
speedyboi:
Btw, have you guys seen the new teaser for october 1? My hope just got raised, it looks really good. And considering that Golden Effects' films are always much more interesting than their trailers lol. I have a feeling the film will make up for all the disappointments i've met this year.

Dude, I've seen it.. I saw the Behind The Scene on YouTube. PERFECT Is The Word!

Kunle is a blessing to the Industry.

Mehn, I would be the first to get to FilmHouse on Wednesday! I "CAN" Wait! smiley

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 6:22am On Sep 30, 2014
speedyboi:
Yeah Speedy, it does look really good. Fingers crossed. Una go see am very soon... waiting game for us.

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 6:24am On Sep 30, 2014
RayPsst:

Dude, I've seen it.. I saw the Behind The Scene on YouTube. PERFECT Is The Word!
Very nice BTS.

October 1 - BTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lWKRfmrxZY

2 Likes

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
I just got back from October 1 screening. First of all, lemme explain my ordeal. I wanted to watch this film on 1st october, but the tickets were sold out on the website. I was lucky to get a ticket for 2nd october. I arrived silverbird cinemas nearest to my place with my fam like 30 minutes to the time, so I can get a good seat. Chei, come see crowd. I QUEUED extra 30 minutes or more....before I could enter the cinema! I hated myself! My mum was just hissing through out. There was crowd in "Half of a Yellow Sun" period too, but atleast we didn't queue and struggle to enter. Never again in my life will I go see a popular film in it's first weekend! I won't die.

To the film; I can't really give a detailed review cos, the troubles "flabbergasted" my brain that I couldn't think properly. And then, the theatre was super rowdy....then my seat was at the back sad sad. But I feel, it's a good film. And I think its much better than HOAYS. I love the look. I don't know which is better between HOAYS and October 1 in this aspect. Cos I really love how both films look. HOAYS used a yellow palette, while October 1 used a blue palette - but not super concentrated like that yeye Mother of George! I like how the film plot was resolved....It's worth watching. Hoping to see it again when the theatres are less crowded, so I can analyze the storyline and the dialogue properly. Then again, the sound grading in October 1 seemed better than hoays. While watching Hoays, the sound will go up at some points, and another time will be normal.....October 1 didn't have this issue.

btw "October 1" business has made me notice certain things about how Kunle does his business and I'll write about it in my next post. Generally "New Nollywood" producers are not open to their colleagues on how they go about the business aspect of their films.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (81) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread / The New Series Empire Fan Club. / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.