Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala (34796 Views)

Amaechi Blasts Tukur Over APC Sponsorship Allegation / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Demdem(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2013
abagoro:

I wonder how most of you came about certain things you spew out here. How did Odili betray his region? Odili's plight was as a result of his ethnicity. He's an Igbo from South-south and hence was resisted from taking the turn of South-south when they were considered by OBJ for Presidency. Odili was disliked in Rivers because of his political tactics of using youths and in that process creating militancy. It is the same with Patience and Bipi's style.

Odili didn't eventually have OBJs support for presidency not because of the reason u gave but because of Ribadus efcc report which incriminated him. Yaradua himself confirmed this to segun adeniyi who reported this in his latest book.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Vavavoom(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2013
mbulela:
That question does not have an answer. It is easy to tell folks to forget the messenger and focus on the message but their is nothing new in this message. Who does not know that GEJ is clueless,who does not know that he is pro-establishment and has no moral fibre to address the issues at heart? There is nothing new in what Amaechi is saying. We already know it. It is difficult to trust him. He has been on the side of the barbarians and it is not like he had a Damscus experience. If not for greed,he and Wike will still be joined at the hip and looting Rivers state blind.

The key word is TRUST, like you said. It is hard in this corruptocracy to single out a politician that is different irrespective of their message. The damascus exeperience would mean a loss of substantial portion of the loot...a road none of these political jobbermen are willing to travel.
How else can one explain that ever widening gap between Wike and Amaechi? Is it a sudden realization of altruism, that the people exist and deserve poverty-alleviating leadership?
While Amaechi's idealist motives are welcomed TRUST betrayed/dented over a sustained period of geopolitical brinksmanship can hardly be regained in a land festering with ethno-religous sentiments. For, in the eyes of the common man - ''ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME''
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Demdem:

Ur post made no sense considering my post which u qouted. My argument isn't to rubbish Soludos so called acheivenent but to present a very sad path which he took. Even at that, I still love Soludo despite his lies as regards those banks because good things still came from him. It's idiotic to think I will IDOLISED these killer members.

Again I state, Soludo lied about the health status of our banks and am very sure the frog eyed finance minister is being untruthful with the health of our economy.
Goddamit soludo never lied about da banks n besides da bank owners,shareholdas werent complainin,of any malfunction or underfunctionin in thos said banks n there was a last resort base of 25b for any eventuality which would never have happnd,tha psycho @ d C.bank only exposed practices hes bn part of,biz as usual not as if am condonin tha..so get tha in2 ur head only Cos i know thisss wha happns wen abokis get some educatn:they become educated abokis.n aliyu remains d frog
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by sweetestboi(m): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2013
ochejoseph: Amaechi !!!!! I see pure Arrogance ,lack of Respect, Selfishness and Studpidity of the highest Order.
Just becos my Brothers in the North have offered You ZoBo plus or minus Fura da nono you have decided to sell your region .
Its a shame people like Amaech'i are allowed to speak at a University!

Amaechi May your wishes never come true

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
its funny 2 knw dat evn as literate as I thought u are,u still blinded by the word region n ethnicity"mention 1 significant benefit gej's presidency has brought 2 d south"its time we start considerin nationality instead of ethnicity"
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Vavavoom(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2013
mbulela:
That question does not have an answer. It is easy to tell folks to forget the messenger and focus on the message but their is nothing new in this message. Who does not know that GEJ is clueless,who does not know that he is pro-establishment and has no moral fibre to address the issues at heart? There is nothing new in what Amaechi is saying. We already know it. It is difficult to trust him. He has been on the side of the barbarians and it is not like he had a Damscus experience. If not for greed,he and Wike will still be joined at the hip and looting Rivers state blind.

The key word is TRUST, like you said. It is hard in this corruptocracy to single out a politician that is different irrespective of their message. The damascus exeperience would mean a loss of substantial portion of the loot...a road none of these political jobbermen are willing to travel.
How else can one explain that ever widening gap between Wike and Amaechi? Is it a sudden realization of altruism, that the people exist and deserve poverty-alleviating leadership?
While Amaechi's idealist motives are welcomed TRUST betrayed/dented over a sustained period of geopolitical brinksmanship can hardly be regained in a land festering with ethno-religous sentiments. For, in the eyes of the common man - ''ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME''
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Izz9111: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Gov Amaechi, Charity begins at home. Just one question. How far have you transformed Rivers state? Are you satisfied with the present situation in your current constituency which is River state. have you done well? If no, what do you now want to bring to the Fed. Why not leave the GEJ alone and deliver the dividends of democracy to them, which is your primary function.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Gwekzy: 11:50am On Sep 20, 2013
I can Only learn 4rm dis thread as a political scientist...Great Comments...I applaud
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by kokoA(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2013
Nationality over ethnicity! I stand by this.. Amaechi, I admire your courage to stand out and defend what you believe in. It would have been easier for you to follow the crowd like your other south-south PDP governors, but you chose to call a 'spade' a 'spade'.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by jamaicabakare(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2013
ochejoseph: Amaechi !!!!! I see pure Arrogance ,lack of Respect, Selfishness and Studpidity of the highest Order.
Just becos my Brothers in the North have offered You ZoBo plus or minus Fura da nono you have decided to sell your region .

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

his wishes will surely come to pass....u mediocre!
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by wwwkaycom(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2013
The greatest critics of OBJ during his 8 year tenure were Yorubas. Talk of Chief Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory, Tunde Bakare etc. The then governor of Lagos State,Bola Tinubu openly disagreed with OBJ and criticised him. The governor of OBJ's Ogun State btw 1999-2003, Chief Segun Osoba criticised him openly and told the whole world nothing good can come out of him. The reason why PDP governors did not criticise OBJ during his second term was because he handpicked them and imposed them on the electorate, same way Gov Dickson of Bayelsa will not criticise GEJ today. I love Amaechi so much, a man of immense courage who chose to call a spade a spade unlike these cowards who hide under the cloak of ethnicity to preach that Nigeria should continue to grope in yhe backstage of underdevelopment under the leadership of the most clueless, visionless, sluggish and uninspiring president ever known in the history of the world. Nevertheless, head or tail, Jonathan goes back to teach aquatic biology at Federal University, Otuoke as from May 30, 2015, cheers!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2013
Now that d allocation money is nt fully paid,he is voicing out for d whole nation to know. When they were paying completely,did he tell us or share it with us?
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by zada(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2013
@Topic, Ameachi as a person has the constitutional right to act under the armpits of the law. Being the first citizen in Rivers state, he deserves better from GEJ. Mr President has murdered the nigerian rule of law by involving his wife without caution to interfer in state matters that only requires the attention of her husband. There are a million ways to handle the issue on ground and not the way GEJ has choosen by using state apparatus as a personal tool against a legitimate govt. This goes far to show how poorly oriented Mr. President is, and let me say that Ameachi's quest for Vice President is normal and an ambition. So WHY? Shld dat be a problem to GEJ, if he is a good leader who has demonstrated the attributes of good governance, then he shld welcome Ameachi's ambition that is if any. And let me correct this assertion, the North in its entirety does not need Ameachi at all cost to succeed iN 2015, the traitor is GEJ he agreed to leaving the presidency and now he is singing anoda song wch is a true display of a Traitor. How can u put all unconstitutional weight on jus one man, a man duely elected by his own pple and u want to remove him from office using a militant approach, small wonder he habours some in the Presidential villa. You call that a good leadership. GEJ shld respect Ameachi's government by recognizing its legitimacy and stop being paranoid over the sit of president wen he cannot perform at all. Rubbish! Rubbish!
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by nogames: 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
ogb5:

Uduaghan is very correct, the south south people are not in a position to be oposing the president publicly, moreso south south people in the ruling party. How many yoruba pdp governors opposed obasanjo when he was president, how many northern pdp governors opposed Yar ardua?

The south south pdp governors have unlimited access to Jonathan, if they have any idea that can move the country forward, they should meet GEJ and discuss their ideas and try to sell their ideas to him. Castigating GEJ publicly will not bring Amaechi any good.

Amaechi claim that the poverty level has increased from 30% in the 70s to 70% today, what he failed to realize is that the northerners he is presently romancing are largely responsible to the increased poverty in the land
[b][quote author=ogb5]

Maybe you were not in the country during obasanjo's tenure, Fayose of ekiti and gbenga daniel of Ogun state were at one time or other against Obasanjo. This "nah we dey there" attitude wont do us any good
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by howfarwhatagwan: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oh my beloved country I weep these days not only because of the comments I hear from my leaders but also because of the comments from followers. Tribalism and ethnicity will tear us apart how can we say we are one Nigeria when clearly we aren't? Amaechi even if you have your own flaws as well but for daring to rise up and speak I salute, you have spoken well. It is not easy in Nigeria because the bad eggs have outnumbered the good in every sector of Nigeria. I for one will not for any reason whatsoever support GEJ, going forward I will only support whoever I identify has the interest of Nigerians and if there is none then I kiss voting goodbye. I will not be swayed by tribe nor religion.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by skeletine(m): 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
ogb5:

Uduaghan is very correct, the south south people are not in a position to be oposing the president publicly, moreso south south people in the ruling party. How many yoruba pdp governors opposed obasanjo when he was president, how many northern pdp governors opposed Yar ardua?

The south south pdp governors have unlimited access to Jonathan, if they have any idea that can move the country forward, they should meet GEJ and discuss their ideas and try to sell their ideas to him. Castigating GEJ publicly will not bring Amaechi any good.

Amaechi claim that the poverty level has increased from 30% in the 70s to 70% today, what he failed to realize is that the northerners he is presently romancing are largely responsible to the increased poverty in the land
That you were not born or so, so young during OBJ era does not empower you to change history. OBJ faced the biggest criticism from Yorubaland and even in his ward, he couldn't win elections. Adefarati, Akande, Adebayo, Osoba ALL fought him tooth & nail and Tinubu even went to court.
See, that your 'brother' is in power is not an excuse for his incompetence. Lets vote and support competent people.... our 'brother' or not
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by skeletine(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
kokoA: you have made a very sensible comment devoid of the usual "gutter criticism" of nairalanders. I respect you for that. But you must understand that the fact that the yoruba and hausa governors never criticised their OBJ and UMY doesn't make Uduaghan right. Change must start from somewhere. Amaechi may not be the needed face of change but the fact remains that what he said up there is 100 percent true. We must learn to tell our politicians the truth irrespective of where they come from or what language they speak.

It is a lie that OBJ and UMYA were not criticised by their ethnic governors. Please stop spreading falsehood. I wouldn't know if you were old enough and well aware when they ruled but they were variously and VERY well criticised, especially OBJ in the south-west.

Please for the sake of prosperity, stop spreding falsehood.

Thanks.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by ekenevitus: 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
This amechi is really arrogant,instead of him to protect his brother GEJ outside then at home they can be whatever, despite their issues he intend to joint this empty carton personalities to hit up the polite.this man may think now that he's wise but really he's not.l wonder what will be of him when he's out of office.absolute power is corrupting him absolutely.let his true friends caution him!
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by skeletine(m): 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Rexxie:
Goddamit soludo never lied about da banks n besides da bank owners,shareholdas werent complainin,of any malfunction or underfunctionin in thos said banks n there was a last resort base of 25b for any eventuality which would never have happnd,tha psycho @ d C.bank only exposed practices hes bn part of,biz as usual not as if am condonin tha..so get tha in2 ur head only Cos i know thisss wha happns wen abokis get some educatn:they become educated abokis.n aliyu remains d frog

You're surely a phool. abi? cool
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by MichaelNwiwiri: 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Irespective of right of reply, the responses to Ameachi's presentation shows how, we think, act and where we are going in Nigeria. We are doomed.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by confusion247(m): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
porka: Ahhh!!!

This is treacheryyyyy!!!

Don't this guy have any older person he's looking up to assist him with his public utterances?

Have the northern and southwestern leaders urging him on seen from his own perspective on regionalism?

This is a very sad development.

Does he know that the 4billion naira 'left-over' of his state's July allocation is the total figure for the some states in those regions?

How would Gov Amaechi react when other regions start to clamour for equal share of the national resources, will he still maintain this myopic stance?

And he was even teaching this young minds the art of treachery?

This is sad! Someone must talk to this guy. It's getting out of hand.

This is not stubbornness, it isn't heroism, it's pure inexperience. Nigeria is too complex for this type of his thinking.

It was people from that region and many from the South West region that fought for the revenue derivation principle which enables Mr Amaechi to have access to 19b naira in July alone with only 6m people, while states like Lagos and Kano do not have access to half of that.

Does he know more than these people?

Why didn't they so much talk about being just Nigerian and not regions as he's saying here?

Or does he think you can on one hand be bothered about being Nigerian in terms of leadership at the centre and on the other hand being a SS or Rivers State when it comes to revenue allocation?

Both are contradictory.

What is he going to say to his friends and current admirers when they began to demand for more share of the revenue from his state? After all, we should all be equal.

Governor Amaechi, there are millions and millions of people who also think that Nigeria should just jettison these regional structure and focus on general developmental thinking.

But there are also millions and millions of people who feel otherwise. If you are doing this to your people today, what do you think people should do when they start paying you in your own coin?
Soon or later Amaechi will hear the echo of his words. He have allowed his personal ambition to override his ability to think and reason like a hu
man.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Demdem(m): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
[s]
Rexxie:
[/s]

Complete Crap.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by ideyvexnow: 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
sweetest boi: its funny 2 knw dat evn as literate as I thought u are,u still blinded by the word region n ethnicity"mention 1 significant benefit gej's presidency has brought 2 d south"its time we start considerin nationality instead of ethnicity"

lol
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Urine: 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
Being a principled person in the midst of dogmatic folks is a tough task.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Urine: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Michael Nwiwiri: Irespective of right of reply, the responses to Ameachi's presentation shows how, we think, act and where we are going in Nigeria. We are doomed.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by kokoA(m): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
skeletine:

It is a lie that OBJ and UMYA were not criticised by their ethnic governors. Please stop spreading falsehood. I wouldn't know if you were old enough and well aware when they ruled but they were variously and VERY well criticised, especially OBJ in the south-west.

Please for the sake of prosperity, stop spreding falsehood.

Thanks.
Thanks for the correction. I was busy trying to get a degree then, never paid much attention to politics.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by bibina: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

He could only speak in his state university, which is in a comatose state, he is the visitor to the university so he can afford to go there and gather hungry people and deceive while they clap for him. I did a post graduate programme in that university, started in 2006 but did not finish till 2010, because of Ameachi's unnecessary interference with the university's management. As if that is not enough the university's electrical engineering department has not sent a single result to graduate school since 2005 till date. Myself and several of my course mates have resorted to forming committees to meet with HOD and co just for our results to be released three years after finishing a two year post graduate course which ran for five years because of Ameachi's autocratic hold on the university. This man cannot manage a state university and he is here talking about bad leadership in Nigeria. UST is still a glorified secondary school till date. If Celestine Omehia was allowed to govern Rivers State for just one term, God knows how good things would have turned.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Ojigho: 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
@ topic. It's the na our person syndrome. I refuse to be a party to mediocrity. When I look at the responses,my fear for the future of this great country quadruples. So I must turn a blind eye to the rot and wanton destruction of the social,educational,moral and spiritual structures of my country because the president is from my zone or ethnic group,or because those that ruled before him didn't do any thing to change the rot,so I must turn a blind eye. There are times I wish I was born in another part of the world,cause it seems like most Nigerians are comfortable living in this hell,kneeling and praying to God to come to our aid for things he has blessed us with. When we turn to professional praise singers praising people for things that are our constitutional rights to demand for. Like Chinua Achebe of blessed memory once said and I quote,"there was once a country".
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by kaura5000: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kano State Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso emphasised the relevance of he and his colleagues to the future of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) when he spoke in parables in an interview. According to him,

"If you're talking of the field marshal in Jigawa State (Malam Sule Lamido) you cannot talk of small and smaller politicians. If you're going to Jigawa, you have to reach Kano. In Kano, we are not only putting on red collars, we're putting on red caps. Now, you are talking of the professor in Sokoto (Alhaji Aliyu Wamakko), and you are saying that negatively? Not to talk of the mullah in Kebbi (Governor Dakingari). So also, the leader of northern politics in Minna (Alhaji Aliyu Babangida). We're not even talking of the admiral (Nyako) in Adamawa State, and the Director-General in Kwara State, and many other leaders that are there."
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
skeletine:

You're surely a phool. abi? cool
O yea,u soon gonna find out when u find that bloody arse uve been using to do da pennywhistle in da sahara enclave...n word of advice: be smart now n go start da/ur demarkations as da stretch might not contain ur...huge population..nnama
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by Symphony007: 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
bibina:

He could only speak in his state university, which is in a comatose state, he is the visitor to the university so he can afford to go there and gather hungry people and deceive while they clap for him. I did a post graduate programme in that university, started in 2006 but did not finish till 2010, because of Ameachi's unnecessary interference with the university's management. As if that is not enough the university's electrical engineering department has not sent a single result to graduate school since 2005 till date. Myself and several of my course mates have resorted to forming committees to meet with HOD and co just for our results to be released three years after finishing a two year post graduate course which ran for five years because of Ameachi's autocratic hold on the university. This man cannot manage a state university and he is here talking about bad leadership in Nigeria. UST is still a glorified secondary school till date. If Celestine Omehia was allowed to govern Rivers State for just one term, God knows how good things would have turned.
hey, mr post graduate, do you realise that rivers state university of science and technology is the only university in nigeria not affected by ASUU strike? The effects of ameachi's restructuring has stamped out ASUU, and today while other students fallow at home, rust students are still learning. Shame of you and your myopism.
Re: 2015: Why I’m Not Supporting Jonathan- Amaechi…Blasts Uduaghan, Okonjo-iweala by iogbonnaya(m): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Accept it or not,wat Amaechi said is just d truth....dat bad ass Okonjo Iweala has really wrecked our Economy...I hate her so passionately...nd for Goodluck,he's just a disgusting old fool..!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured) / Police Orders Return Of All Licensed Firearms Within 21 Days, Nigerians React / Boko Haram Bomb Factory Busted By Soldiers In Borno State. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.