Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 (2725 Views)

Lady Snatches Friends Boyfriend And Weds Him Secretly (Photos) / Nigerian Guy Weds First Lady He Ever Dm'ed On Twitter (photos) / Men Storm Radio Station After Girl Promised To Buy Car, House For Who Weds Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by AkinW: 3:07am On Sep 24, 2013
We dey enjoy for Africa ooo.... he he he check this out: http://www.wetin-dey.com/fconn/forum/thread/97/swazi-king-to-wed-15th-wife/

Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by Nobody: 3:19am On Sep 24, 2013
King Mswati III has chosen an 18-year-old beauty pageant contestant as his 14th wife.

Swaziland's King Mswati III has chosen an 18-year-old beauty pageant contestant as his 15th wife,

a palace spokesman said Tuesday, days before a much-criticised parliamentary vote.

"I can confirm that the king has introduced to the nation a new liphovela (royal fiancee)," said Ludzidzini palace governor Timothy Mtetwa.

Mswati, a 45-year-old who is sub-Saharan Africa's last absolute monarch, introduced Sindiswa Dlamini at a Reed Dance celebration over the weekend, Mtetwa told AFP.

She wore red feathers on her head -- a sign of royalty.

The young woman graduated from Mbabane's St. Francis High School last year and is a finalist in the Miss Cultural Heritage beauty pageant. The winner will be announced on September 28.

The king has come under fire for his household's lavish lifestyle while the tiny mountain kingdom's 1.2 million people struggle to make a living.

Mswati reportedly has a personal fortune of around $200 million (152 euros) and the UN estimates that 70 percent of his 1.2 million subjects live below the poverty line.

RESISTED REFORMS

He has steadfastly resisted reforms.

The new engagement was announced at a festival which also counted regional delegates who will observe parliamentary elections on Friday.

Critics have slammed the polls as a sham, partly because political parties are banned and candidates are hand-picked by traditional leaders.

The weekend's celebrations were a smaller repeat of last month's official annual Reed Dance, where young virgins from across the kingdom gather and dance for the king.

"It just happened that the international community was there to witness the event," said Mtetwa.

The wedding only takes place once the fiancee falls pregnant. Dlamini will then become Mswati's 14th wife.

The monarch's colourful private life is off-limits in local media, but has drawn a lot of international interest.

Three wives left the household in recent years. The latest, Queen LaGija, fled the palace in 2012 claiming years of physical and emotional abuse.

Another queen, LaDube, was reportedly abused after she was caught in bed with the justice minister, a close friend of the king.

Mswati had kidnapped and married the queen when she was 16 in 2005.

SOURCE: http://mobile.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/Swazi+king+to+wed+14th+wife/-/1950774/1995958/-/format/xhtml/-/jvdwh1/-/index.html

wink
Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by pazienza(m): 3:58am On Sep 24, 2013
The woman in the center , with band over her head circumference, her breast Wow! They are so big and appear succulent, reminds me of a "nairalander's" profile pic.
Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by ceosville(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2013
cool That's far more better than adultery, but this is 21st century, that man is so 13th, he's on a Reverse Mode. @ops, I doubt if that unclad pix of yours will make it hit front page...

But me Don download am sha, for better viewing cool
Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by ceosville(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

wink
you mean you quoted the whole text just to wink? Like Seriously Serious? grin you need flogging
Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by Chinwem(f): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2013
His kingdom will soon fall
Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by xynerise: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2013
Am I the only one seeing the albino in the midst? grin
Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by Arosa(m): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2013
xynerise: Am I the only one seeing the albino in the midst? grin

I hope she is the Kings wife number 15, cos we don't want any form of discrimination in our great Kingdom. may the king live long enough to marry 100 wives. undecided
Re: Swazi King Weds Wife Number 15 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
ceosville: you mean you quoted the whole text just to wink? Like Seriously Serious? grin you need flogging

Did you see that text on the OPs post?
I'll answer that for you: NO!
Because he just linked to his blog instead of posting the words here, so I did all of y'all a favor and posted the shit myself so you don't have to click his blog to read the text.
You can thank me later. tongue

(1) (Reply)

16 Things Women Say That Men Misunderstand. / Why Are Girls Mean, Even To Strangers? / Pls Be Safe Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.