Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,262 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Getting Married As An Undergraduate - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (44320 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wetin dey there?.

There is no hard and fast rule abeg...

Lets talk about Nigeria, science and riches and business and civil rights and all please.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Okijajuju1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
>>>>WHY<<<<<<
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by sylve11: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
ritux: Byvan!!!

You are a strong lady. I know you will enjoy the sacrifice you made later in life.

just too strong! cool
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Konnektions146(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
god_of_music: This was what Aunty Ngozi said when she was 23...now she's 37 and she don dey chyke men! Hmmmmmmm
have u looked at your 23year old sister?

bros lets be factual, at 23, over 65% of our girls are not mature enough emotionally and psychologically for that great union called marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Okijajuju1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
mamalette: Am 23. Got admission to school quite late. Am in 200 level presently. My boify is stable financially and hez been asking that we get married soonest. However, he stays in lag while I school outside lag. Am worried, how wld he cope while am away? And is it advisable that I get married while in school? Thanks!

Hmmm..

Nne.. There are many fishermen in the sea, why are you so eager to bite this one?!

THUS SAYS THE GODS Go and listen to ONYEKA ONWENU & SUNNY ADES - If you Love me, You go wait for me.. The answers you seek lies in that song..

The gods are wise..

8 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by klear(f): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
Babe it ain't easy but it is workable if these things are in your favour
1) You have a VERY supportive man as a husband ( Is he willing to baby sit in the night, during exams or tests or lectures, take the baby for immunization, deal with your mood swings etc?)
2) The kind of course you are studying...some courses are less stressful than others (you know what I mean).
3) The availability of a Godly family member (we have devilish ones angry) stay with you and help out because you will need the help.
4) Your health...are you prone to falling ill when stressed (because no matter how easy the course you are studying is it won't be a walk in the park). My elder sister got married & had a baby boy when she was in school; at a point she had no option but to defer because she had hbp when she was pregnant & it came back in full force because of the stress she was putting herself through)
5) Is his motive for marrying you out of fear that you might slip away from him or out of love? If its the first, then you may face the problem of not having his support especially if you are determined to finish your education & graduate with your mates...but if its the second then you will have a helpmate.
6) Does he value education? or does he think its just a piece of paper at the end of the day.

I pray that whatever decision you make works out in your favour & that years down the line, you will look back with no regrets whatsoever

8 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by fulanigirl(f): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
If you really want to get married, then go ahead. It's your decision to make and just make sure you and your boyfriend are mentally prepared for it. But I would wait till I graduate to have kids. There is no point in making life difficult for yourself. Some women are strong enough to cope but it's not the same for everyone. Wish you all the best
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hmmmm, OP E no easy ooo. If you are not academically sound pls don't try it abeg. I have two married women in my faculty. I can count how many times they attend lectures. They even come late for exams.

It depends on your course shaa cuz I can't imagine a 200L medical student getting married.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
Don't rush into marriage....so that you won't rush out!.
If your education is really important to you, i'll advice you to slow down 'cos there is no way you can cope academically after your marriage..... besides "No man wants a liability as wife".....
Think very well so that you won't make a decision that you'll regret for the rest of your life...
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
I don't consider 23years of age too young for marriage. Provided you have what it takes, then I'd say get on with it.... But be careful, often what we see is not always what we get. You're young to be heartbroken.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wu Zetian: Why would anyone want to get married at 23?

You are not even done with undergrad??! Oh well, if you are scared that he'll leave, maybe you should think about transferring to another school closer to your new home.

with d increased case of fibroid, women are advised to. marry early...... d peak period for fertility is 23-26.......after dat it drains and declines.....#FACT. I just telling u d medical view tho....

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Konnektions146(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
CallmePROF: Don't rush into marriage....so that you won't rush out!.
If your education is really important to you, i'll advice you to slow down 'cos there is no way you can cope academically after your marriage..... besides "No man wants a liability as wife".....[color=#990000][/color]
Think very well so that you won't make a decision that you'll regret for the rest of your life...

God bless You
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
ritux: Byvan!!!

You are a strong lady. I know you will enjoy the sacrifice you made later in life.

Am enjoying it already!!!

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by havilaLAGOS: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
sorry to say ... imho 23 yrs is not bad for marriage. it depends Hw matured enough the individual is.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
Konnektions146:
have u looked at your 23year old sister?

bros lets be factual, at 23, over 65% of our girls are not mature enough emotionally and psychologically for that great union called marriage.
Minus maturity, she has her life to live. She hasn't even had time to gain independence, learn how to manage her own. Doesn't she have any career goals?

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

The gods are wise..
wink
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Eyop: 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
My sister why are you such in a hurry to get married? Combination of school and marriage isn't child's play except you and your proposed husband will reach an agreement that NO child until after you have completed your programme which to me i still see that as being impossible because it will be 50:50 chances and suppose pregnancy comes in,you won't abort it.

The only way you can comfortably fulfil that is if you are attending a university without discipline/standard were sorting is a national anthem there or you are a very brilliant girl which is still not easy. I will advice you to complete your studies first before marriage because there's time for everything. You are still very young just incase the guy cannot wait,the can marry someone else but if he loves you that much he should wait for you to complete your studies. Good luck in whatsoever you decide.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
Baybe: Hmmmm, OP E no easy ooo. If you are not academically sound pls don't try it abeg. I have two married women in my faculty. I can count how many times they attend lectures. They even come late for exams.

It depends on your course shaa cuz I can't imagine a 200L medical student getting married.

LOL.... Yes oooo...... college of Medicine university of Lagos....... Dey are plenty there ooo....200 lv.......#source: I am a 200 lv student there......
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Mamacita007(f): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
singing onyeka onwenu if u love life u go plan am well . if u love me u go wait for me. just be prayerful & talk it out with the guy that's all. with God ur marriage will succeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGIp3gVuslY

we've heard ur story. pls chill for this thread is not about u. ahn ahn na wa oo

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Freiburger(m): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
My wife was still a teeneger(about to write her school leaving cert exams) and I was in my early 20s when we got married, and none of us was in any way close to becoming an undergraduate, We both vowed to make the best out of every resourses that was available to us, I went to learn a trade and she eventually got her admission into a higher institution . Thankgod we boths succeded at the end and i will say, no reason for tears.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Mamacita007(f): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
Can't a married woman have a career goal?Don't let anybody deceive you with this "Am not ready for marriage because am pursuing my career",most ladies that say that will end up marrying whoever that is available in their mid thirties.Make a choice when you are still that beautiful flower that every butterfly wants to perch on and get off the market,when the flower is dead and shrunken,only few equally brownish looking, old butterflies will want to perch.

14 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Gombs(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
If you don't have a car during and after pregnancy, life would be very hard. I remember a lady in my class then, he had her first in 200l and last in our 400l...d babies gave her a lot of ish dat affected her...yes she had an extra year

She was gisting us
She has to wake in d morning bathe d one for sch prepare breakfast, and her hubby na banker, dey leave home early. Den she drive to drop d other at sch ( she actually said if not for the car, she would loose her sanity) then rush for Prof adewunmi's CS 404 by 8am, then d lil one in middle of class will now strt crying...she'd have to leave class maybe to feed or change nappy...no forget, lectures would carry on without her and at the end she didn't get d knowledge. Then she got a lil maid to hold d child, when d child cries, shd still have to go out and attend to d child (her baby can cry eh, no matter aw many litres of brest milk d mum breastfed her b4 entering d class. Then while coping with dat, any lecture by 12 is cancelled for her cos she has to drive n pick up d one in sch n come bck to sch with d child in d car or she would forget d rest class for that day. And so on

She married at age 25 and 29 when she was gisting us this... And she actually said if she knew, she'd have waited.

My advice iis finish sch first if a 29 year old couldn't handle it well I wonder wot a 23 year old would do.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by ladygogo: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
vicksbaba:

with d increased case of fibroid, women are advised to. marry early...... d peak period for fertility is 23-26.......after dat it drains and declines.....#FACT. I just telling u d medical view tho....

Who are you trying to scare? undecided abeg go and jump inside Red River with your medical jargons.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Konnektions146:

God bless You
Amen.....and u 2
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Freiburger(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
byvan: Can't a married woman have a career goal?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
lady gogo:

Who are you trying to scare? undecided abeg go and jump inside Red River with your medical jargons.
Dey there dey form Ajibo, when your yansh go expire na you gogo dey look for one small boy wey go pregnant you! Lady gogo my yansh!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
vicksbaba:

Provide valid links proving this claim.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by smokeydrinky: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
if you are academically sound and matured up there, if you think you are ready for marriage and finance is not a problem then by all means follow ur heart, marry ur boify if thats what you truly want.

it won't stop you from achieving your dreams.

im actually a fan of early marriage, thats all i have known..... my sisters all got married while in sch or shortly after graduation and they are all career ladies today, child bearing didn't hinder them.

i got married as a student too though not undergrad. i was still in my first trimester wen i wrote a professional exam and though the result isn't out, i have no fears, im coming out with a distinction. and whats more? i ain't 23 yet.

it was tough though,i was states away and i didn't visit frequently coz i don't joke with lectures but hubby and i knew what we were signing up for so it wasn't a problem.

if you are matured enuf then 23 isn't too young. its all about maturity babe coz age is just a number. there are ladies in their 30s that still think like teenagers so go figure....

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
A car is absolutely necessary it you are to have kids in school.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by ritux: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
@ op, what course are you studying?

I know there are some courses one can comfortably cope with marriage and pregnancy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.