Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,351 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Getting Married As An Undergraduate - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (44306 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
lady gogo:

Who are you trying to scare? undecided abeg go and jump inside Red River with your medical jargons.

lady gogo:

Who are you trying to scare? undecided abeg go and jump inside Red River with your medical jargons.

there u go.....d problem with Nigerians is dat Dey are so blind when Dey see d truth... tins with good consequence Dey accept... tins with bad consequence Dey don't prevent Dey simply ignore...... as a matter of FACT miss gogo or GaGa....or Wat ever....fibroid has been observed to occur in people with late pregnancy......... #FACT!........and nuns(dose women who Neva conceived have Aa higher rate or fibroid cases....... #FACT....... and I will say it again.....d peak period for fertility is 23-26.......we were thought in medical school and we were given case studies........ mind u d Doctor to patients ratio in Nigeria is 1:8000....if I jump into d lagoon it will make it......1:16,000........ :p

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
mamalette: Am 23. Got admission to school quite late. Am in 200 level presently. My boify is stable financially and hez been asking that we get married soonest. However, he stays in lag while I school outside lag. Am worried, how wld he cope while am away? And is it advisable that I get married while in school? Thanks!
get married if you know you can live it. I saw so many married girls just like you getting straffed by the worse of dudes. Just be sure you know what you want.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Kikyben2(f): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
@OP, we all have our individual differences, the fact that it worked for Miss A, doesn't necessarily mean it will work for Miss B.

Take ur time, think it through, if u think u can cope with skul and family issues, then go ahead but if u can't, u can discuss with ur husby to be....make him see reasons why u guys should wait.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Baybe: Hmmmm, OP E no easy ooo. If you are not academically sound pls don't try it abeg. I have two married women in my faculty. I can count how many times they attend lectures. They even come late for exams.

It depends on your course shaa cuz I can't imagine a 200L medical student getting married.

Most married women I knew in school didn't graduate too,some took marriage as an excuse to fail and fail they did.Some are weak,some are strong,i still know married women that graduated.Only Op can tell how strong she is.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Black Peni5: Well...me is get married when i was school. My wives love me so much that i fail exams.

Now i still school since 2001. but one day i will pass out.
Clown. From your name to what you typed.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
vicksbaba:

LOL.... Yes oooo...... college of Medicine university of Lagos....... Dey are plenty there ooo....200 lv.......#source: I am a 200 lv student there......
gringrin the ones I know got married after their 3rd MBBS exams ooo.

Another question, why are female medical students always in a hurry to get married? undecided
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by prosper86: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
There is nothing wrong In getting married @ early,but d question is can u handle d stress that comes with it?

My married friend in dept of geology,ife, had a toddler and was pregnant in 200l ,it wasn't an easy issue for her ,unfortunately for her she didn't have a ride and was staying off campus then.
She failed some vital courses and had 2 extra years.

I can't advice my younger sis to get married while in school,cos of d stress and challenges but if u can handle it gud for u.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by salt1: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
You want to graduate with
P(Pikin)
H(Husband)
D(Degree)?

It can be very costly. My niece who did that is currently doing an extra year in the university. She made 2 babies and her CGPA is woeful!

A lady that I know eventually graduated with a third class. And she was very intelligent. She's so ashamed of her result that it gives her inferiority complex. Her friends who married after their studies have it all too: husband, children, good career prospects because of their good result and respect from their in-laws who never saw them as uncompleted projects which their brothers invested money to complete.

There is time for everything: a time to be carefree and a time to bear responsibility. Enjoy this stage of your life. If you must marry, can you agree to postpone child-bearing till you have written your final exams?
Remember, the marriage can go anyhow but with your certificate, you can pick the pieces of your life together and feed your children. Don't joke with this stage. It can make or mar you. A man in love is a very different creature from a husband.

Advice from a very concerned parent!

29 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
What did you graduate with? What course did you study? What was your motive of getting married to him. All these you might not get the full truth. Now, why would you subject your educational career with so much hardship when you can wait and it still thesame and better. Why would you want to graduate a crammer and attend lectures only 30days out of the prescribed 68 days per semester. How do you intend to be a better graduate? If chimamanda did this, she won't be fulfilled to this point. Don't listen to fairy tales, they sound so sweet and convicing and remember, Human enginerring has no formula. So be wise, you didn't know her motive for getting married at that age. I know a girl from poor home but due to the cash the guy has, she jumped to marriage and now she is in her 2nd extra year, sorting courses with outrageous amount and subjecting herself to ridicule. Look before you leap, a word is enough for the WISE.

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
byvan: Can't a married woman have a career goal?Don't let anybody deceive you with this "Am not ready for marriage because am pursuing my career",most ladies that say that will end up marrying whoever that is available in their mid thirties.Make a choice when you are still that beautiful flower that every butterfly wants to perch on and get off the market,when the flower is dead and shrunken,only few equally brownish looking, old butterflies will want to perch.

Byvan choi! Dead flowers grin grin grin
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by ladygogo: 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
Oh i can see this thread made front page. I can see a lot of nitwits and retards commenting. *exits thread*.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
NL member:

Provide valid links proving this claim.

I am very shocked dat u avn't heard of it........OK I will post one link here......one dat even steamed up from Nairaland

www.nairaland.com/1308726/late-marriage-pregnancy-cause-fibroid

and another:

sunnewsonline.com/new/features/fibroid-on-the-rampage/
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
@Madam Jide grin but it's true nah grin
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Tonyblinky(m): 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
I sincerely recommend u exercise a little patience for now,cos it aiint easy,some aspects of ur life will lack lots,make preparations for next year when u are approaching final year,its quite easy and comfortable @ dat point,I bet u won't regret this
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
byvan: @Madam Jide grin but it's true nah grin

I hail you Nne jare, The Lord is your strength, I can't wait for my own grand kids too... Do sharp sharp , bring me the kids and enjoy life with their husbands.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by prosper86: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
There is nothing wrong In getting married @ early,but d question is can u handle d stress that comes with it?

My married friend in dept of geology,ife, had a toddler and was pregnant in 200l ,it wasn't an easy issue for her ,unfortunately for her she didn't have a ride and was staying off campus then.
She failed some vital courses and had 2 extra years.

I can't advice my younger sis to get married while in school,cos of d stress and challenges but if u can handle it gud for u. I suggest u wait till ur final year or nysc so u will be on d safer side.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by olahero(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Phiozy: Can you really cope? Someone like me wouldn't have jeopardised my education because of marriage. Different strokes for different folks. There are people who get married while in school but decide not to take in until they graduate. You both need to come to an agreement. Schooling, kids, husband... Aint Ezi!
Misconception!!! between marriage and education which one you think is must? change that you mind, it's good to marry before furthermore in school, it will helps in concentrating more than stay in single till one graduate, if boys are not disturbing girls will do in many ways, but #fact is that Nigeria poor in every good reasons. pen /i/dropped./i/
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by salt1: 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
byvan:

Most married women I knew in school didn't graduate too,some took marriage as an excuse to fail and fail they did.Some are weak,some are strong,i still know married women that graduated.Only Op can tell how strong she is.

Your post is deceptively simple. There is no woman that can tell in advance how strong she will be in pregnancy! For some, it is a matter of life and death. How can you be so hard on your fellow women that they used marriage as excuse for failure? Who enjoys failing? Who enjoys passing out with a horrible certificate? How will a primi gravida(first time Mom) whose episiotomy hasn't healed and who is still bleeding write a 3hour exam with others and pass in flying colours?
That it worked out well for you doesn't mean that others were lazy, please. You just had easier pregnancies than some other women.

15 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by olahero(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Phiozy: Can you really cope? Someone like me wouldn't have jeopardised my education because of marriage. Different strokes for different folks. There are people who get married while in school but decide not to take in until they graduate. You both need to come to an agreement. Schooling, kids, husband... Aint Ezi!
Misconception!!! between marriage and education which one you think is must? change that you mind, it's good to marry before furthermore in school, it will helps in concentrating more than stay single till one graduate, if boys are not disturbing girls will do in many ways, but #fact is that Nigeria poor in every good reasons. pen /i/dropped./i/
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Whether you read,studied or crammed,nah who pass sabi book,the point is,can you deliver? undecided
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by greedie1(f): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
@ op, it all depends on you. can you handle a husband, kids and school its not going to be easy but its doable. i know so many ladies that did it then,strong willed, smart ladies.

i don't think you are too young to get married, i believe in starting and finishing early but my concern is if you can cope with being a wife, mother and student all at once. if you can, ahead ahead but if not, 2 yrs isn't a long time for him to wait. there is a 3rd option, you can go ahead with the marriage but suspend giving birth til u r done with school.

whatever you do, make sure ur career doesn't suffer!
Wu Zetian:
Minus maturity, she has her life to live. She hasn't even had time to gain independence, learn how to manage her own. Doesn't she have any career goals?

she can get married in school and still pursue her career. it all depends on her work ethic and determination. It's not easy but it can be done.

BTw grin grin grin what is that 'ayamatanga' picture on your profile aren't you shola the ana.l queen tongue tongue tongue
Well, these days even dragon flies consider themselves butterflies wink

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by favoredgal: 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
marriage is for the rest of your life.......what's the hurry?

personally, i'll advice you chill and graduate before you get married. try and graduate with a good grade cuz trust me you don't want to be a housewife.

If you get pregnant, definitely juggling school and pregnancy and motherhood will not be a walk in the park...why graduate with a 2.1 if you can make a first class

if the guy truly loves you and is your husband, he will wait for you. I have a friend (male) that waited 5 years for his girl to graduate and serve, he met her before she got admission. they got married last year...he was 36, she was 24.

true love waits and not just for sex!

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
gree-die:
@ op, it all depends on you. can you handle a husband, kids and school its not going to be easy but its doable. i know so many ladies that did it then,strong willed, smart ladies.

i don't think you are too young to get married, i believe in starting and finishing early but my concern is if you can cope with being a wife, mother and student all at once. if you can, ahead ahead but if not, 2 yrs isn't a long time for him to wait. there is a 3rd option, you can go ahead with the marriage but suspend giving birth til u r done with school.

whatever you do, make sure ur career doesn't suffer!

That's just the point!!!!

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
36yrs old man ? ? ? Abeg with the rate of infertility among young men,ladies make una choose early,so you fit choose your size not the one wey don pass 30yrs shocked

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
grin grin

Can't stop laughing, just too funny.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
check out dis links and I bet ur perspective will change

sunnewsonline.com/new/features/
fibroid-on-the-rampage/
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
Donxavier:

she can get married in school and still pursue her career. it all depends on her work ethic and determination. It's not easy but it can be done.

BTw grin grin grin what is that 'ayamatanga' picture on your profile aren't you shola the ana.l queen tongue tongue tongue
Yeah, she could if she wanted to. After the birth, who stays with the infant?? Her mother?? Can you advice your son to get married at age 23?? So a woman that hasn't finished common undergrad should enter marriage without any financial independence?? She hasn't opened the door to her own apartment yet, she hasn't held the keys to her first car yet and what is on her mind is child bearing?? Different strokes for different folks yo.

That's Medusa.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by dad007(m): 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
byvan: Can't a married woman have a career goal?Don't let anybody deceive you with this "Am not ready for marriage because am pursuing my career",most ladies that say that will end up marrying whoever that is available in their mid thirties.Make a choice when you are still that beautiful flower that every butterfly wants to perch on and get off the market,when the flower is dead and shrunken,only few equally brownish looking, old butterflies will want to perch.
All your comments so far,have been great and encouraging.Kudos! As the Op,is only what you have,you can keep.Not what you hope to have.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
salt 1:

Your post is deceptively simple. There is no woman that can tell in advance how strong she will be in pregnancy! For some, it is a matter of life and death. How can you be so hard on your fellow women that they used marriage as excuse for failure? Who enjoys failing? Who enjoys passing out with a horrible certificate? How will a primi gravida(first time Mom) whose episiotomy hasn't healed and who is still bleeding write a 3hour exam with others and pass in flying colours?
That it worked out well for you doesn't mean that others were lazy, please. You just had easier pregnancies than some other women.

You obviously didn't get my point before commenting,i wasnt talking about physical weakness but your will power as a person.I suffered severe hyperemis gravidarium during my preg,regularly on and off drips but the times I was healthy,i made good use of.Besides,a lot of single women overstay their time in school,which still boils down to weakness!!!

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Had Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.