Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

Getting Married As An Undergraduate - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (44678 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by iebanehita(m): 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
smokey drinky:

cheesy
Wow! So you are a lady, with such a username! Cool!
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Dunexxx(m): 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
What?
I can't!
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Archildao: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
My dear,marriage is no child's play o.my first suitor came when i was in 300L,besides i was 25yrs then.I didn't see myself studying architecture and getting married at the same time since they are two opposite things,so i told him i wasn't interested since had goals i had set aside to achieve as a single lady.The guy never came back.Am happy today,i graduated with a second class upper,am currently running a masters degree,with a fiance that loves me and i love him scatter! Am now in my late 20s with no regret.we are planning tying the not next year.It is beautiful to get married as a fulfiled person!

7 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by OreofeeOluwa(f): 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
salt 1: You want to graduate with
P(Pikin)
H(Husband)
D(Degree)?

It can be very costly. My niece who did that is currently doing an extra year in the university. She made 2 babies and her CGPA is woeful!

A lady that I know eventually graduated with a third class. And she was very intelligent. She's so ashamed of her result that it gives her inferiority complex. Her friends who married after their studies have it all too: husband, children, good career prospects because of their good result and respect from their in-laws who never saw them as uncompleted projects which their brothers invested money to complete.

There is time for everything: a time to be carefree and a time to bear responsibility. Enjoy this stage of your life. If you must marry, can you agree to postpone child-bearing till you have written your final exams?
Remember, the marriage can go anyhow but with your certificate, you can pick the pieces of your life together and feed your children. Don't joke with this stage. It can make or mar you. A man in love is a very different creature from a husband.

Advice from a very concerned parent!
Best advice so far.ure blessed.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by yuncka: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
I know say na dis strike dey cos dis kyn topic.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by seangy4konji: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
Priorities are different and you are the only one that knows why you got into school late?and after getting the admission late?you wanna put two sticks in a fire?or just maybe you feel you are good at multi tasking now?@ 23 thooo...its ok but trend slow and probably move closer to him,get impregnated,marry and live on...this fish won't leave so do d right thing!!!
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by wanney: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
vicksbaba:

there u go.....d problem with Nigerians is dat Dey are so blind when Dey see d truth... tins with good consequence Dey accept... tins with bad consequence Dey don't prevent Dey simply ignore...... as a matter of FACT miss gogo or GaGa....or Wat ever....fibroid has been observed to occur in people with late pregnancy......... #FACT!........and nuns(dose women who Neva conceived have Aa higher rate or fibroid cases....... #FACT....... and I will say it again.....d peak period for fertility is 23-26.......we were thought in medical school and we were given case studies........ mind u d Doctor to patients ratio in Nigeria is 1:8000....if I jump into d lagoon it will make it......1:16,000........ :p
Mr man state ur references clearly.........
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by ungab(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
200Level? relax you are almost there.Take your time, endure& dont bag yourself into a sorry sac. If he loves you as he claimed,He should wait.If you take any decision based on emotion and lingering strike situation you will remember this my post o

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by newpaparazzi(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
mamalette: Am 23. Got admission to school quite late. Am in 200 level presently. My boify is stable financially and hez been asking that we get married soonest. However, he stays in lag while I school outside lag. Am worried, how wld he cope while am away? And is it advisable that I get married while in school? Thanks!

Dear sister, marriage is not a joke like the home video. From my experience as a lecturer, husband and father of a little boy i can strongly advice that you shd wait till after school. If the man really loves you he will agree.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by OreofeeOluwa(f): 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
yuncka: I know say na dis strike dey cos dis kyn topic.
how u take knw grin
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
My dear it's not easy cos I've seen girls combine education with marriage and graduate with horrible results. Bt i believe if you can handle it then you go for it. A married lady in my department was one of the best graduating students in her set. But then i've seen a girl writing exam a day after she gave birth. The question is can you handle the stress?
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by ceejayluv(m): 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
Don't let anyone deceive you that at 23 you're too young. That's bullshit, maturity is in the mind!!
At 23 you're already 5 years past the legal age, and counting. If you love him and are ready for the academic bumpy ride, then grab it!!
you could decide with your hubby when to have kids, I believe he's enlightened enough.
My sister got married BEFORE she got admitted in the UK. She just finished her masters, with two lovely kids to cap it all.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by jumzzy448: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
My dear, it's all your choice. The fact that it worked for A doesn't mean that it will work for you.
Like me, I was already married and eight months pregnant when I gained admission. Though it wasn't easy bt I pulled through. Now I have two wonderful kids at the same time a graduate. As for my age, i'm 24. And I graduated with a good grade.
So it's all your choice and you should know if you are really ready for this.
My two cent.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Chillypelly(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hasty conclusions capable of destroying your fragile petals should be discouraged and resisted. You should not be cowed by beautiful stories some girls tell about their early start in family hood. We all have a story line tailor made for each person to suit their lives. If you must go into the marriage now be sure you are strong enough for the storms ahead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
wanney:
Mr man state ur references clearly.........

u mean a source of dis claim.... there u go

www.nairaland.com/1308726/late-
marriage-pregnancy-cause-fibroid

and another:

sunnewsonline.com/new/features/
fibroid-on-the-rampage/
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wu Zetian: Why would anyone want to get married at 23?

You are not even done with undergrad??! Oh well, if you are scared that he'll leave, maybe you should think about transferring to another school closer to your new home.
y won't she marry at 23? undecided You want her to miss her chance and end up goin to night vigil and praying for husband? grin

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
olire: y won't she marry at 23? undecided You want her to miss her chance and end up goin to night vigil and praying for husband? grin

exactly........ later Dey will be claiming dat one witch on Dere village tied there wombs...........d FACT is dat in as much as u want to complete ur education, and Av a life, DON'T END UP GETTING MARRIED LATE.......SHIEKENA

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by nana433(f): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wu Zetian: Why would anyone want to get married at 23?

You are not even done with undergrad??! Oh well, if you are scared that he'll leave, maybe you should think about transferring to another school closer to your new home.
Is dis lady high U want her to get married @ 50? I knew som1 wld com up n spoil d awesom advice odas were giving!

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by wanney: 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
vicksbaba:

u mean a source of dis claim.... there u go

www.nairaland.com/1308726/late-
marriage-pregnancy-cause-fibroid

and another:

sunnewsonline.com/new/features/
fibroid-on-the-rampage/
Anyone can write n claim .....d peak age of fertility for women genrrally is between early 20s and 31 yrs old.not like u said.i needed medical references mind u
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by younggirl: 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hmmmm! SMH[b][/b]
@Op,combining marriage,school nd childbirth IS NOT EASY!!!!!
Hmm,my dear,from d depth of my heart I will tell u the truth! You are still very young,very very young! It takes a lot of guts,patience,sacrifice nd perseverance! Why not wait till ur final year?
Here's my story! I was a customer in JAMB,not because of failure but because I stubbornly insisted on going to a particular university! I ended up spending eight years at home when most of my secondary school mates had graduated nd doing their masters degree! I met my husband while I was still looking for admission in dat same sch! He encouraged me to do a diploma nd then apply for direct entry later which I did! We got married the following year nd I got admission dat same year! It wasn't easy,two years delay,finally took in but d pregnancy dealth wt me! I missed three of my exams due to hyperemesis gravidarum! Was always in d hospital,unfortunately I lost d pregnancy nd dat same week I was to start my exams. My dear,I had to write d exams o! I had no carry over but my GP was very low! After d exams,I took in again and was having severe morning sickness so I had to defer a session!
When I resumed the following year,anoda pregnancy enter. It was also very tough but I wasn't ready to defer anoda session,so I had to go to school wt d pregnancy o,but I missed two of my exams again dat session!
Hubby has been very very helpful if not I wud have quit school o! I was tired of everything! My low grades,taking care of children,stress of inlaws,stress of doing chores etc
So my dear,take a deep breath. Think of the pros nd cons and honestly ask urself if u're ready for this!

@Byvan,we seem to have a lot in common o! Lol

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by vicksbaba(m): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
wanney:
Anyone can write n claim .....d peak age of fertility for women genrrally is between early 20s and 31 yrs old.not like u said.i needed medical references mind u

check dis out

www.babycenter.com/0_age-and-fertility-getting-pregnant-in-your-20s_1494692.bc

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-112136/The-female-fertility-clock-starts-ticking-27.html

LOL.......medical reference from........ Doctor?...... text book
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by churchmind: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
Goahead
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Jorussia(m): 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
mamalette: Am 23. Got admission to school quite late. Am in 200 level presently. My boify is stable financially and hez been asking that we get married soonest. However, he stays in lag while I school outside lag. Am worried, how wld he cope while am away? And is it advisable that I get married while in school? Thanks!
b4 i comment,wats ur course of study?if u are in science like me,i will advise u forget it.i had a course make like that,it was hell 4 her.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
byvan: If you are going to this, just make sure you are tough enough,e no easyooooo!!!!Be sure you are doing it with the right person and there are no trust issues.

Please note that having kids in school is not advisable for someone that is struggling with academics,there are times I virtually had only a few hrs to cram my entire note because baby won't sleep for me to read grin,i pray to God to retain what I crammed and he always does grin

Wow byvian women like you are rare and I am looking for your kind, I will do my best to always support you all the way.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hmmm why don't you wait till you finish school? There is time for everything..combining school and marriage then kids is not an easy task. If he really loves you, he will wait for you.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Ezeego1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
BE

1 Like

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
life is full of hard situations.....if you can't marry in school then can you marry when you have a nine to five job?? which is more demanding?? please marry whenever you want as long as you have the right foundation

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by realflakes: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nosgidi: Why the rush?Also considering the fact that he resides in another state,i will advice u finish your studies before getting married.Since you said he cares so much about education,explain this to him..i.e finishing your studies before getting married.
Remember,if he truly loves you,he will wait for you..!!!
honestly I ll advise u wait, no need to rush in2 marriag, ur focus ll be divided. Marriage is not wot u think until u r in. Family issues, inlaws wahala, morning ssisckness wen u r preggy, nursing d baby having sleepless nite, servicing ur hubby and at d same time u want to read. Think deeply

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by passionate88: 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
god_of_music: This was what Aunty Ngozi said when she was 23...now she's 37 and she don dey chyke men! Hmmmmmmm
hahahahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by mkoabiola: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
What works for mrs A may not work for mrs B.
Re: Getting Married As An Undergraduate by passionate88: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
byvan: Can't a married woman have a career goal?Don't let anybody deceive you with this "Am not ready for marriage because am pursuing my career",most ladies that say that will end up marrying whoever that is available in their mid thirties. Make a choice when you are still that beautiful flower that every butterfly wants to perch on and get off the market,when the flower is dead and shrunken,only few equally brownish looking, old butterflies will want to perch .
Madam no b lie. If u look am well many of d girls wey dey advice her against it na 36 yrs and above.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.