Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (40203 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
The words of Duncan Williams:

Pastor Duncan
WilliamsArchbishop Nicholas
Duncan-Williams says he
refused calls on him to
condemn famous Nigerian
Prophet, T. B. Joshua following the death of four
people in a holy water
stamped at the Nigerian
preacher’s church in Ghana a
few months ago.
“Somebody called me recently and said what do
you think about…people
rushing to a place over holy
water and dying and all that;
we need you to say
something; you have to speak up; you have to make
a statement and I said ‘no’, I
don’t make comments on
matters like that”, Duncan-
Williams told his congregation
in a recent sermon which was replayed on Radio XYZ’s
‘Voice of Action’ Christian
Programme on Sunday July
He said: “I am not called to
insult and to attack people”.
The General overseer of the
Christian Action Faith
Ministries said he believed
that: “That which is of God
shall stand and what is not of
God shall fail so I don’t insult people.

“I don’t attack people,
whether they are genuine or
false, it is not my job to
attack and to insult them.
You leave them to time. For the Bible says ‘what thing so
ever God does shall be
forever’, so anything that is
of God shall stand and what is
not of God is just a matter of
time, it withers away”.

According to him, he told T. B.
Joshua’s critics that: “Please
don’t drag me into any
situation to criticise, insult or
attack anybody”.
On Sunday May 19, 2013, Four Christians died during a
stampede for ‘holy water’ at
T. B Joshua’s Synagogue
Church of All Nations (SCOAN)
at the Spintex Road.
The stampede started when the huge congregation rushed
for the free holy water from
the Nigerian Prophet
Prophet’s spiritual
Lieutenants.
About 30 people also sustained scathing injuries in
the stampede which made
both local and international
headlines.
from this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1375250/duncan-williams-refused-calls-condemn-t#17071226
Bottom line: focus to the basics.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

I am sorry bro. I am a Christian, A believer in Christ Jesus. What matters to me is what the bible says, not what makes you or I feel good. Not what makes human sense, sounds nice or brings results. That something works for you doesn't make it right. Moses struck a rock, water came out, but God was angry with Moses because of it and Moses could not enter the promised land. Right or wrong is not determined by the result. It is determined by what the bible says it is. Remember Jesus said, some will say Lord I did so and so in your name, but he will say, I know you not. He didnt say they were lying. They actually did it in his name. I have advised you to go read Revelation 1-3. It is a direct message from Jesus to the church. It is a message that many of your pastors would not preach because they are afraid, people will leave their churches. It is the bare truth. Many will miss heaven because they are engrossed in a life of materialism and money worship.
I never asked you to feel good because of my points. The way you twist words...
It's better i keep mute. My intent was not even to speak to anyone. I only wanted to make that post.
If you believe the anti tithe war is a special calling you have recieved, do ride on with it.
I bid you good speed.
God be with you.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

You have posted this before and I asked you a simple question which you deliberately ignored.

If you are ok with practicing Malachi 3:10, why dont you also practice all the other things in the law like observing the Sabbath, etc? Why did you choose only tithing and leave the others?

Simple question bro!

No, BIDAM will tell you those are done away in Christ as SACRIFICIAL laws. Challenge Bidam to produce ONE SINGLE VERSE, FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION where bible says some laws are moral, some are sacrificial and some like tithe ARE CARRIED OVER INTO THE NT, I can guarantee you, he will never show up in this thread with one single proof but dodging and trying to change the game. grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

I am sorry bro. I am a Christian, A believer in Christ Jesus. What matters to me is what the bible says, not what makes you or I feel good. Not what makes human sense, sounds nice or brings results. That something works for you doesn't make it right. Moses struck a rock, water came out, but God was angry with Moses because of it and Moses could not enter the promised land. Right or wrong is not determined by the result. It is determined by what the bible says it is. Remember Jesus said, some will say Lord I did so and so in your name, but he will say, I know you not. He didnt say they were lying. They actually did it in his name. I have advised you to go read Revelation 1-3. It is a direct message from Jesus to the church. It is a message that many of your pastors would not preach because they are afraid, people will leave their churches. It is the bare truth. Many will miss heaven because they are engrossed in a life of materialism and money worship.

Actually, if only they will be honest enough to read the bolded. We keep hearing that it brings results but only pastors and their family and some few brethren have any results to show. One of those who keep screaming tithe brings results has been looking for job for a long time, yet he comes here to lie about how he's sowing so much into the gospel. He forgets his activities online can be tracked grin I pray he gets his job sha so he can rest. It doesn't work for them, but they'll rather continue the charade than admit their gullibility.

They are actually not thinking of heaven at all my bro. Their all is on this earth. That is how you know their focus. Its all materialism and conspicuous consumption. They'll accept any thing called breakthrough even if from the devil.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
idnoble135:
Whatever you say bro. But one thing, rather than staying in a corner of the internet, why not pursue it big if you are convinced that's God's desire for you.
But all i've posted is what i see from the whole picture.
Thanks brother. The truths I am a medical scientists and have no intentions in religious issue. However, it makes me cry how people suffer and even not provide basic education to their children back in Nigeria just because the pastors told them to give all they have in the name of tithe.

Also about your early comment about tithe preaching every day in church, I want to tell you that I went to winners chapel here in manchester and for a good two months the preaching was about giving money, the only different thing was different Nigerian pastors and different tones. However if they stopped when I stopped going after the two months I do not know. Before I moved to England I have also experienced sure in church's in rivers state. So I will say they do preach about money every Sundays, maybe not in all churches.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
^
Why not then single out the church rather than lashing out on other churches?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=theoctopus]

1. First, tithing is not from giving.
quote a scripture to support this error grin
Tithing is tithing. Giving is giving.
scriptures abegi grin
Tithing in the law is actually a compulsory tax.
Wrong..The Israelite have king Saul and David that tax them apart from God's tithes that was meant for the strangers,widows,orphans and levitical priest.God doesn't eat tithes.He owns it.
It is not voluntary. That is one reason why it cannot be practiced in the new testament. It is at variance with freewill giving.
You are still yet to answer why Paul ordered collections for the saints in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.You don't have a point if you claim giving is voluntary in the NT.

2. There is no account that Abraham tithed regularly
O yes he did one example is enough to emulate from.Remember Jacob copied his grandfather.
There is no account he paid tithes from his personal earnings or his cattle or crops.
But i taught you said tithe was a tax levied by God Why is Abraham's tithe different.You have no case here because you don't know your definition of tithe to start with.
In fact, when Jacob mentioned it, he gave God a condition that if God blessed him,
Now define jacob's tithe.It seems you have 3 definition of tithes here
he would give one tenth of his earnings. It was not the other way around. That means he wasn't tithing before then. That also means he was never instructed by Abraham or Isaac to tithe as an ordinance.
Your mere speculations and never scriptures.When scriptures are silent.It's best you stay silent.

3. Deciding to give any percentage of your earnings to God is not a sin
neither is it a sin when you don't give at all.
That is your prerogative and in line with 1 Cor 9:6-7.
we compare scriptures with scripture.we don't just hang on one particular scripture.You have forgotten that Paul quoted your abolished OT laws to prove a point.
But making a doctrine out of it in the new testament is wrong.
scriptures are for doctrines or teachings to say otherwise makes you a number one liar here.
Very wrong. Practicing tithe on the basis of Malachi 3:10 is wrong.
Ok.God is wrong and you are right grin. Can scriptures be broken?
The liberty in Christ is clear at I stated above.
The liberty is for you to allow others to tithe based on their convictions cos you are neither God nor are you the Holy Spirit.
You can give some or all of your earnings to God and I never said you cant. But you cannot create a doctrine of it and demand people do it or loose God's approval or grace.
God's tithe is an eternal doctrine that is neither legalistic nor non-negotiable.Thanks.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
idnoble135: ^
Why not then single out the church rather than lashing out on other churches?
I did not do that because I have narrated my experiences to other people of different church's and a very significant percentage of them agrees and has their own story, while the rest agrees too though with no personal experience to back it up. The truth is a very alarming percentage of religious groups do it every sunday, it just comes in different tones and organization to allow a proper brain wash of their members.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by nora544: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
chy22:
Thanks brother. The truths I am a medical scientists and have no intentions in religious issue. However, it makes me cry how people suffer and even not provide basic education to their children back in Nigeria just because the pastors told them to give all they have in the name of tithe.

Also about your early comment about tithe preaching every day in church, I want to tell you that I went to winners chapel here in manchester and for a good two months the preaching was about giving money, the only different thing was different Nigerian pastors and different tones. However if they stopped when I stopped going after the two months I do not know. Before I moved to England I have also experienced sure in church's in rivers state. So I will say they do preach about money every Sundays, maybe not in all churches.

That is what i hear from people who come from nigeria in my country to study and when they see how the pastors preach in my country they cannot beliefe it, that they hear neaver something about money and when they ask for giving than they tell for what they need it, or for what it is and they also will tell how much they got from this giving.

I know that people give there money to the pastore because he put so much fear to them that they cannot pay the school fees for there children, or they cannot pay there house rent is this a real christian.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

You have posted this before and I asked you a simple question which you deliberately ignored.

If you are ok with practicing Malachi 3:10, why dont you also practice all the other things in the law like observing the Sabbath, etc? Why did you choose only tithing and leave the others?

Simple question bro!
I don't go about like you condemning those that practice the sabbath,that is what i am trying to tell you all the time.let Christ be the judge of His church not you.We have thousands of denominations who don't even tithe but you will never see them condemning those who do.The central core of our message is Christ not tithes. And that is why Paul said circumcision is nothing, uncircumcision is nothing..KEEPING OF GOD'S COMMANDMENTS IS WHAT MATTERS.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by nora544: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pastor Duncan
WilliamsArchbishop Nicholas
Duncan-Williams says he
refused calls on him to
condemn famous Nigerian
Prophet, T. B. Joshua following the death of four
people in a holy water
stamped at the Nigerian
preacher’s church in Ghana a
few months ago.
“Somebody called me recently and said what do
you think about…people
rushing to a place over holy
water and dying and all that;
we need you to say
something; you have to speak up; you have to make
a statement and I said ‘no’, I
don’t make comments on
matters like that”, Duncan-
Williams told his congregation
in a recent sermon which was replayed on Radio XYZ’s
‘Voice of Action’ Christian
Programme on Sunday July
He said: “I am not called to
insult and to attack people”. The General overseer of the
Christian Action Faith
Ministries said he believed
that: “That which is of God
shall stand and what is not of
God shall fail so I don’t insult people.
“I don’t attack people,
whether they are genuine or
false, it is not my job to
attack and to insult them.
You leave them to time. For the Bible says ‘what thing so
ever God does shall be
forever’, so anything that is
of God shall stand and what is
not of God is just a matter of
time, it withers away”.
According to him, he told T. B.
Joshua’s critics that: “Please
don’t drag me into any
situation to criticise, insult or
attack anybody”.
On Sunday May 19, 2013, Four Christians died during a
stampede for ‘holy water’ at
T. B Joshua’s Synagogue
Church of All Nations (SCOAN)
at the Spintex Road.
The stampede started when the huge congregation rushed
for the free holy water from
the Nigerian Prophet
Prophet’s spiritual
Lieutenants.
About 30 people also sustained scathing injuries in
the stampede which made
both local and international
headlines.

I know why he told this to his followers it is very simple, because he belongs also to one of this new churches with fake gospel and he also tell his people the same that they hear from this so called great man of god in nigeria.

Birds of a feather flock together
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: Ok.God is wrong and you are right grin. Can scriptures be broken?

The liberty in Christ is clear at I stated above.

The liberty is for you to allow others to tithe based on their convictions cos you are neither God nor are you the Holy Spirit.

You can give some or all of your earnings to God and I never said you cant. But you cannot create a doctrine of it and demand people do it or loose God's approval or grace.

God's tithe is an eternal doctrine that is neither legalistic nor non-negotiable.Thanks.

I know why you give funny statements like these. You are one of those pastors extracting money from people. I can see where you are coming from...hmmm grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by pickabeau1: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Are you not referring to the same God that owns the cattle of a thousand hills

Our righteousness to Him is filthy rags

theoctopus:

Giving was never supposed to be a scheme to get something from God. That would completely negate the message of grace. There are three parts to giving.

1. One is the principle of seed time and harvest. This is a universal law from God. If you sow anything/seed, it will produce.

2. Giving is also an act of worship to God in appreciation for who is is or what he has done for you.

3. Giving is God's method for providing for the needy

It was never meant as a demand from God before he can bless you. He told the Jews,

Psalms 50:7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God.

Psalms 50:8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.

Psalms 50:9 I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.

Psalms 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Psalms 50:11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

Psalms 50:12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

Psalms 50:13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

Psalms 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

A man who goes around bragging about what he has giving to God is ignorant and doesn't know God
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: I don't go about like you condemning those that practice the sabbath,that is what i am trying to tell you all the time.let Christ be the judge of His church not you.We have thousands of denominations who don't even tithe but you will never see them condemning those who do.The central core of our message is Christ not tithes. And that is why Paul said circumcision is nothing, uncircumcision is nothing..KEEPING OF GOD'S COMMANDMENTS IS WHAT MATTERS.

If Christ is the judge of the church and we shouldnt say anything, why did Paul rebuke Peter? Why did Paul rebuke the Corinthian brethren? You keep contradicting yourself and flip flopping from left to right.

The word of God is the standard for every believer. Anything outside of it is wrong and there is absolutely nothing wrong in saying it out. Like I said before and very clearly, if you decide to give 100% of your money to the church, I have no problem with it and the bible is not against it. But you cannot form a doctrine out of it and tell the brethren to follow it or the devourer will bite them or something. You are actually guilty of what you are talking about. Those of you preaching tithe are the ones asking people to follow a doctrine or else. I am the one telling them they only need to do things by free will, not compulsion. So wish of us is actually condemning men. Clearly you. You are the one preaching a gospel of condemnation. You are the one telling men their prosperity is based on what they give. You are the one preaching works. If a man decides to observe a sabbath, that is his decision. But if he preaches that as a prerequisite to getting something from God, then he is in error and out of grace. That is what you are doing.

You are actually making me repeat myself over and over again, but I am very patient with you so you can come out of your wrong ways. Stop compelling people to give. Stop telling them their lives depend on what they give. Stop putting them under compulsion and pressure. It is wrong

Galatians 6:1

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye who are spiritual restore such a one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

So you see, we are commanded to speak to people like you so you can change your ways

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by pickabeau1: 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
superb exposition

theoctopus:

1. I have never criticized givings. I have said clearly, there is no instruction for the new testament believer to tithe. Tithing is not for the new testament. Giving was not only instructed, the practice by the apostles was clearly mentioned.

2. There are two basic principles for establishing any doctrine in the new testament. It is either there is a clear instruction to do it or we see a mention that the apostles and disciples practiced it. Neither of these apply to tithing. It was never instructed and there is no mention of its practice by the apostles. But we saw mentions of how the apostles practiced fasting. Howbeit, fasting is not a compulsory action for a believer, but important in building and developing your spiritual life

There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving. You can even decide to give all your earnings. That is your prerogative. Some of the disciples sold their lands in the book of acts and brought the money to the apostles feet. But they were never cajoled or coaxed. It was completely of their free will. That is why Peter told Ananias's wife "was it not in your power to give or not to give?". In other words, did any body force you?

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (New Living Translation)

6 Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. 7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”[a]

2 Corinthians 9:6-7

English Standard Version (ESV)

6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully[a] will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7

King James Version (KJV)

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by pickabeau1: 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
It is not an exaggeration

I have attended winners and rccg and most of the teachings center on seed, offering, building, tithe etc bla bla bla after the token alter call

idnoble135:
You are entitled to your opinion.
The church i attend do not preach money every sunday. For God's sake, why will a church preach money every sunday? I believe this your exaggeration is way out of it.
Besides, what i've posted there is on a neutral ground. But you seem to be so caught up in the money issue to see the whole post in its true light. That says alot.
There is no need trying to convince you. I'm not even attempting it. But that post up there, is for any man who open and spiritual.
God is your strength.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by idumuose(m): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Have Ɣ☺u noticed that most pastors lift most of their sermons
From the OT. Ɣ☺u will hardly find them study new creation.That
Is why they pray the wrong prayers,they cover Ɣ☺u with the
blood of jesus(whatever they mean by that).For I know the blood
of Jesus does not cover but cleanses.These group @ Bidam and
Alwaystrue from what I can deduce from their understanding can
not differentiate between OT and NT.They see the NT as a
continuation of OT.They are the type who will tell ladies not to
wear trousers to church because of what deut 22:5 says.I cringe
at the level of ignorance in the church today.Even countries we term
as arab nations like UAE,Saudi arabia are better than Nigerians in
matters concerning morals.Why is our nation this bad inspite of
proliferation of churches.How many christians are in China?How many
people are 'binding demons' in china?Yet go to Shanghai or macao and
behold wonders and see how humans should live,and see decency.
With all our prayers where are we?I think something is fundamentally
wrong with christianity in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: My bro..the tin tire me o.. grin someone is even condemning what God spoke to malachi forgetting that it's not only tithes that is spoken there..offerings was also spoken in the same breath..marriage was also spoken on..They forgot that ALL scriptures are inspired by God and is profitable for doctrine. if tithing is not a form of giving in God's kingdom i wonder what is grin .They also forget that God's kingdom is not the physical land of Israel BUT AN INVISIBLE ONE RULED BY CHRIST.God help us.
Bidam, Ola, Joa, idNoble etc, if u ppl are not DISHONEST, WIY DO U CHOOSE TO OBEY ONLY CHAPTER 3:10 of Malachi but refuse to obey Malachi CHAPTER 4:4 "REMEMBER TO OBEY THE INSTRUCTIONS OF MY SERVANT Moses, ALL THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT I GAVE HIM ON MOUNT SINAI FOR ALL ISRAEL". Pls i need answers. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by idumuose(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Have Ɣ☺u noticed that most pastors lift most of their sermons
From the OT. Ɣ☺u will hardly find them study new creation.That
Is why they pray the wrong prayers,they cover Ɣ☺u with the
blood of jesus(whatever they mean by that).For I know the blood
of Jesus does not cover but cleanses.These group @ Bidam and
Alwaystrue from what I can deduce from their understanding can
not differentiate between OT and NT.They see the NT as a
continuation of OT.They are the type who will tell ladies not to
wear trousers to church because of what deut 22:5 says.I cringe
at the level of ignorance in the church today.Even countries we term
as arab nations like UAE,Saudi arabia are better than Nigerians in
matters concerning morals.Why is our nation this bad inspite of
proliferation of churches.How many christians are in China?How many
people are 'binding demons' in china?Yet go to Shanghai or macao and
behold wonders and see how humans should live,and see decency.
With all our prayers where are we?I think something is fundamentally
wrong with christianity in Nigeria.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
This thread is getting more interesting, I hope all the pastors on the thread do not runaway
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
christemmbassey: Bidam, Ola, Joa, idNoble etc, if u ppl are not DISHONEST, WIY DO U CHOOSE TO OBEY ONLY CHAPTER 3:10 of Malachi but refuse to obey CHAPTER 4:4 "REMEMBER TO OBEY THE INSTRUCTIONS OF MY SERVANT, ALL THEY LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT I GAVE HIM ON MOUNT SINAI FOR ALL ISRAEL". Pls i need answers. Cheers

My bro, watch them perform an Houdini act now. They'll say God only gave the ten laws on mount Horeb when he spoke to Moses and they obey the ten forgetting that Sabbath is one of the ten and they don't observe it.

When you remind them tithe is not part of the ten commandments, they run to Abraham for defence saying tithe came before the law. When you tell them Sabbath even started in Eden and God himself observed it, they'll run to Heb 7 and say they pay to Jesus directly now through sales agents on earth of course.

When you tell them Heb 7 actually nullified tithes, they'll say it is revelational knowledge and the thing dey work o

I hope I didn't pre-empt anybody sha?

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

I know why you give funny statements like these. You are one of those pastors extracting money from people. I can see where you are coming from...hmmm grin
ah, Bidam's own is worst o, he is into prophetic(fortune telling/soccery) their own, na pay b4 service. God v mercy!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
christemmbassey: ah, Bidam's own is worst o, he is into prophetic(fortune telling/soccery) their own, na pay b4 service. God v mercy!
I thouth as much from his tone on this thread
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by idumuose(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @theoctopus,
take this as my conclusion of this matter with you.
ALL THE WORDS OF JESUS ARE GRACE AND TRUTH....HIS WORDS ARE LIFE. EVERY COMMAND/TEACHING HE GAVE in the GOSPELS ARE HIS LAWS AND COMMANDS. His Words were not His own but His Father's.

If you took time to look at the whole thread you would have understood. The New Commandment He gave is an addition and did not abolish the others.
And Jesus words were also from the law.

Love your neighbour as yourself.....Leviticus 19:18
Just because he quoted it from the OT then we should follow
everything in the OT.
The same Bible says thou shall not kill,right?
Do Ɣ☺u also know that our fore-fathers knew that killing is
wrong even without them knowing the bible say so?
So what exactly are Ɣ☺u saying?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Candour:

My bro, watch them perform an Houdini act now. They'll say God only gave the ten laws on mount Horeb when he spoke to Moses and they obey the ten forgetting that Sabbath is one of the ten and they don't observe it.

When you remind them tithe is not part of the ten commandments, they run to Abraham for defence saying tithe came before the law. When you tell them Sabbath even started in Eden and God himself observed it, they'll run to Heb 7 and say they pay to Jesus directly now through sales agents on earth of course.

When you tell them Heb 7 actually nullified tithes, they'll say it is revelational knowledge and the thing dey work o

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and rolling on the floor. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:09am On Oct 03, 2013
christemmbassey: Bidam, Ola, Joa, idNoble etc, if u ppl are not DISHONEST, WIY DO U CHOOSE TO OBEY ONLY CHAPTER 3:10 of Malachi but refuse to obey Malachi CHAPTER 4:4 "REMEMBER TO OBEY THE INSTRUCTIONS OF MY SERVANT Moses, ALL THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT I GAVE HIM ON MOUNT SINAI FOR ALL ISRAEL". Pls i need answers. Cheers

We are not tithing because the law says so. It existed before the law.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:16am On Oct 03, 2013
Candour:

Who are these 'THEY" we never said such things cool

When you remind them tithe is not part of the ten commandments, they run to Abraham for defence saying tithe came before the law.
Nobody refers to 10 commandment as reason for tithing, except you cool

When you tell them Sabbath even started in Eden and God himself observed it, they'll run to Heb 7 and say they pay to Jesus directly now through sales agents on earth of course.

Heb 7 has nothing to do with nullifying tithes. It nullifies Levitical structure and takes us back to to Abraham and Melchizedek .

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:34am On Oct 03, 2013
theoctopus:

If Christ is the judge of the church and we shouldnt say anything, why did Paul rebuke Peter? Why did Paul rebuke the Corinthian brethren? You keep contradicting yourself and flip flopping from left to right.

Paul had jurisdiction over his congregation. So he had right to correct Peters error. And protect "HIS" sheep. But he didn't have right to go and blast them in Jerusalem church.

The word of God is the standard for every believer. Anything outside of it is wrong and there is absolutely nothing wrong in saying it out. Like I said before and very clearly, if you decide to give 100% of your money to the church, I have no problem with it and the bible is not against it. But you cannot form a doctrine out of it and tell the brethren to follow it or the devourer will bite them or something.

God will not punish or curse you for not tithing , the issue is, every acting by faith on the word of God carry grace or blessing. If you do it ,you will experience the grace it carries . If you don't do it ,you miss out of the grace it carries. And the absence of a grace is a curse. But it's not from God. For example long life is a blessing and a grace. Premature death is a curse. But in the law God commanded honoring parents so as to enjoy life and the grace of longevity. Now this is a principle . If a Christian does not honor parents ,he is not protected against that curse. But when he honors them ,the grace of well being and longevity is activated. You find paul quoting it also .

Ephesians 6:1-2
Children, obey your parents in the Lord:for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink

Paul quoted it ,because its a principle. If a pastor teaches on the importance of honoring your parents ,it's not because the law says so. It's because it's a principle in Gods kingdom

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:38am On Oct 03, 2013
theoctopus:

If this your position is true then why dont you also practise the other parts of the law. If He did not abolish the law, then why dont you

1. Observe the sabbath

2. Sacrifice animals and crops

3. Why do you plant different crops in the same farm?

4. Why do you wear cotton and linen together?

5. Why do you not observe all the festivals

etc, etc, etc

Why do you abandon all these laws and more but choose only to obey tithing? Is it because it is a means to an end?

Do you know that if you default in one law, you have defaulted in all? Please I need an answer, thank you!

And most important of all. Why don't you practice the tithe the way the bible describes it. Why have you converted it into your own kind of tithing where you give it to a "man of God"?

Tithing is not based on Levitical laws. It's a principle in Gods kindom that pre exist the law.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 6:41am On Oct 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Who are these 'THEY" we never said such things cool

My bro, its obvious you didn't read through the thread. Go back and read the posts of tithe advocates grin

Nobody refers to 10 commandment as reason for tithing, except you cool

Like I said earlier, go back through the thread. You'll be shocked or maybe you won't be after all wink

Heb 7 has nothing to do with nullifying tithes. It nullifies Levitical structure and takes us back to to Abraham and Melchizedek .

And your interpretation of Melchizedek and Abraham's transaction transmuted into monthly monetary tithes today? Why not keep to Abraham's example by giving away the 90%?

Also how come the early Christians and the Apostles including the writer of Hebrews DID NOT pay and collect tithes?

If you say they did, pls prove it cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 6:43am On Oct 03, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithing is not based on Levitical laws. It's a principle in Gods kindom that pre exist the law.

Just like Sabbath that was even observed by God.

Wonder why you refuse to follow God's command and example
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:45am On Oct 03, 2013
Candour:

grin grin

Haba Joagbaje, after opening a thread to do an exposition, this is all you can come up with?

I have to open another thread for that.

Despite all the breakaways from the RCC, its still the biggest church in the world, but that doesn't mean its right or is it? wink answer that to yourself.

I don't get you

Those still being fleeced of their money in the name of tithes abound but the beauty is that many are coming to the knowledge of the truth that God expects freewill giving from them not a levitical percentage and they are blessed because of what Christ did, not what pastors say they should bring.

Tithes and offerings don't belong to the pastors. Pastors have their own jobs and businesses , and pastor give tithes and offerings like any other christian. Pastoring is only a responsibility .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply)

Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance? / US Court Orders Olukoya To Pay $7,320 To Sowore For Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.