Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (40184 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
Our Lord Jesus said:

"It is more blessed to give than to receive" wink

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
^^^

It is more blessed to give truly. But why is it only your congregation that gives and you do all the spending with big cars and mansions?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Philippians 3

18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
Revelations 3:

14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans[f] write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[g] I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

22 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’”

Matthew 6:

24 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 12:10am On Oct 02, 2013
@ theoctopus,

Great job !!!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by idumuose(m): 1:29am On Oct 02, 2013
Wao this is interesting.I hv been observing and studying the posts from
the sideline.I hv learned a lot,a great lot.I learnt that the isrealites who
pay tithe(limited to farmers of crops and fruits and shepherds) pay tithes
,Not in cash(money) but in their produce to the levites who inturn would
give the priest a tithe of their own tithe.Therefore,the priest do not pay
tithe.Rev 1:6 And has made us kings and priests to his Gos and father...
1PT2:9 But Ɣ☺u are a chosen generation,a royal priesthood,a holy nation.
@ christeembassey
I think Ɣ☺u are right about Bidam and the other Fella who used to
Post off the point thread are one and the same.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by idumuose(m): 1:47am On Oct 02, 2013
christemmbassey: i told u, Alwaystrue is Bidam, u u notice, when she post , Bidam is offlhne?

Bro I also noticed it. Ɣ☺u are right.
Can I ask this question.I thought there is a high priest in israel(using
Present tense) how does he receive his tithe or is the bible silent
on whether a high priest receives tithe or not.The priest(s) receive
A tithe of the tithes of the levii correct?I assume the priests who collect tithe
are not one but many priests,right? But at any given period,there is only ONE
high priest,right?
I await your answer please.
God bless.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 5:42am On Oct 02, 2013
idumuose:

A tithe of the tithes of the levii correct?I assume the priests who collect tithe
high priest,right?
God bless.

Hebrews 7:8 is another thing I will love to discuss soon. But for now, it's sleep o'clock for me here. I will help my brother christemmbassey attend the question later but no rushing o. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 02, 2013
idumuose:

Be guided by the truth,we are different individuals.God bless you as you do so.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=theoctopus]

You should never talk like a scorner. Never display pride. It isn't about your big giving.
You actually misread the intent of my post,if you go through all the tithes thread on nairaland.The antitithers are the ones who display scorn and pride so be equally guided here and one thing you should note is that this forum is anonymous and so you shouldn't jump into conclusion that because i talk tithe i give big.I give proportionate to how God has prospered me.
If you glory in your big offerings,
No one talked about glorying in big offerings here bro, you are way out of line.
you are exactly like the pharisees and the bible says,
I am not a pharisee, are you one?
you already have your reward of men.
Have i ever boasted about my givings to you?
There are many people who don't give tithes but give a lot of money even more than 10 percent of their earnings and they are very prosperous.
There are people(sinners) who don't give at all and are still prosperous bro..you have no point here.
I don't give tithes and am very prosperous because I don't tie my prosperity to something I do.
Good luck to you i already addressed that above.
God never tied it to something I do, so why should I?
You still don't get it.God is always at work in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure.We tithe as an act of faith just like father Abraham.The commandments of God are not grievous neither are they burdensome.
Paul said in Galatians, why do you want to return to the bondage you were delivered from?
Paul was referring to bondage to sin and never deeds of faithfulness,thank you.
What tithe did Adam give to get the garden of Eden?
You can ask God that question if you indeed get to heaven.Adam was not permitted to touch a particular tree just like you are not permitted to touch your tithe.God owns it.
What tithe did the Israelis give to get all the provisions and health they enjoyed for 40 years in the wilderness? When you claim your tithe is what determines your prosperity,
You are still ignorant concerning scriptures,israel violated God's covenant.It is clearly written in black and white in your bible.
you have left grace into works and you are out of scriptures and out of line!
You are also way out of line by being a slave to lawlessness. You either obey instructions from the Holy Spirit so as to be a slave to righteousness or you obey worldly desires and be a slave to sin.There is no middle ground.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus: ^^^

It is more blessed to give truly. But why is it only your congregation that gives and you do all the spending with big cars and mansions?

I thought I was the only one that had this question. But in my fear not to touch the Lord's anointed, I rationalised it as division of labour grin

Thank God for bible study now.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 9:00am On Oct 02, 2013
idumuose:

high priest,right?
God bless.
there are many angles to view dis ur question, may b bro Goshen will add. 1. In d levitical priesthood we HAD, the peaple>levites>priests>high priest, but in Christ priesthood we have- priest(all christians rev1:6)>high priest(Jesus). So there is no bases for coparison, one was after the order of Aaron, d other was, after the order(like the partern) of Melchizedek. But just like the levitical priests paid tithe in Abraham, the christian priests paid in Jesus. 2. If d levites paid tithe of tithes to priests, did d priests pay tithe of tithes of tithes to d high priest? Now d priests and d high priest are all of one, (Gen 29:1-22, Heb2:11, rm8:29, gal2:20,) so d priests is not required to pay tithe to high priest. My brother, tithe has no place in christ priesthood bc this is a complet new systerm, d old system was tested and found to be faulty, that was why it was changed and replaced by new advanced, and there is nothing in d old dat can still b managed in d new, Jesus spoke about trying to patch and old cloth with the new, its a disaster, my bros, i'm nt against tithe bc d fraudsters are building mansions and buying jets, no, tithe is a disaster and a destroyer of faith, one man said he stoped being a christian when his father died in Sosoliso crash, bc, after all d tithe his daddy paid, God still allowed him to die, again ppl sin/commit crimes and pay tithe from d proceeds to wipe their conscience, saying, afterall, i'v paid God his share, now their tithes replace d blood of Jesus, dats profanity and a fall from grace. God bless sir.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2013
idumuose:

high priest,right?
God bless.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by idumuose(m): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2013
christemmbassey: there are many angles to view dis ur question, may b bro Goshen will add. 1. In d levitical priesthood we HAD, the peaple>levites>priests>high priest, but in Christ priesthood we have- priest(all christians rev1:6)>high priest(Jesus). So there is no bases for coparison, one was after the order of Aaron, d other was, after the order(like the partern) of Melchizedek. But just like the levitical priests paid tithe in Abraham, the christian priests paid in Jesus. 2. If d levites paid tithe of tithes to priests, did d priests pay tithe of tithes of tithes to d high priest? Now d priests and d high priest are all of one, (Gen 29:1-22, Heb2:11, rm8:29, gal2:20,) so d priests is not required to pay tithe to high priest. My brother, tithe has no place in christ priesthood bc this is a complet new systerm, d old system was tested and found to be faulty, that was why it was changed and replaced by new advanced, and there is nothing in d old dat can still b managed in d new, Jesus spoke about trying to patch and old cloth with the new, its a disaster, my bros, i'm nt against tithe bc d fraudsters are building mansions and buying jets, no, tithe is a disaster and a destroyer of faith, one man said he stoped being a christian when his father died in Sosoliso crash, bc, after all d tithe his daddy paid, God still allowed him to die, again ppl sin/commit crimes and pay tithe from d proceeds to wipe their conscience, saying, afterall, i'v paid God his share, now their tithes replace d blood of Jesus, dats profanity and a fall from grace. God bless sir.
Very well bro. Ɣ☺u have answered my questions.As a priest,I'm not supposed
to pay tithe even if tithe is still enforcible in the N.T as the proponents of tithes
are saying here.
My God,the church has derailed.The church has veered of the path.May God
help us.As a rejoinder to what Ɣ☺u said about sosoliso,a friend of mine told
me sometime ago how that he didn't have enough money to complete his
house rent 4 renewal.His landlord was breathing down his neck with threats
of eviction.in his dilemma he rushed to his pastor and narrated his challenges.
The pastor said>I'm smiling< that he should since the money isn't complete,
he should sow it to God.He complied.Three weeks later the landlord 'threw him'
out of the house>laughing<
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2013
@Bidam

why do you sound like this. are you sure you are born again? you sound bitter and angry. you sound like some pastors who claim they cannot be challenged because they are GOD'S annointed. It is not right. it is not godly. there is no one in the church of our Lord Jesus that cannot be questioned or chastened. Even Paul chastised Peter when he derailed. please read your Bible and you will see God's word clearly. stop reading men's books alone. you will only form opinions from them that are outside God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

why do you sound like this. are you sure you are born again? you sound bitter and angry. you sound like some pastors who claim they cannot be challenged because they are GOD'S annointed. It is not right. it is not godly. there is no one in the church of our Lord Jesus that cannot be questioned or chastened. Even Paul chastised Peter when he derailed. please read your Bible and you will see God's word clearly. stop reading men's books alone. you will only form opinions from them that are outside God.
Hahahaha..the most funniest post i have read in such a long time..If you see my post as sounding bitter then i am sorry that we are not on the same page,it's like communication seems to be a problem with me and you.My post is actually devoid of all the allegation you leveled against me.You better be careful since this forum is anonymous like i said earlier.You are actually committing a grave error by calling me ungodly and you are in no position to chastise me since you are not the great Apostle Paul.Leave that work to the Holy Spirit.And what gave you the impression you are right and i am wrong. Do you know how many denominations we have today in the Christendom? It is all this i am right and others are wrong mentality that is the problem.If you don't tithe give glory to God.Allow others who want to tithe do it to the glory of God..abeg. Don't condemn them.cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
idumuose:
Very well bro. Ɣ☺u have answered my questions.As a priest,I'm not supposed
to pay tithe even if tithe is still enforcible in the N.T as the proponents of tithes
are saying here.
My God,the church has derailed.The church has veered of the path.May God
help us.As a rejoinder to what Ɣ☺u said about sosoliso,a friend of mine told
me sometime ago how that he didn't have enough money to complete his
house rent 4 renewal.His landlord was breathing down his neck with threats
of eviction.in his dilemma he rushed to his pastor and narrated his challenges.
The pastor said>I'm smiling< that he should since the money isn't complete,
he should sow it to God.He complied.Three weeks later the landlord 'threw him'
out of the house>laughing<
in my opinion, 2ppl are d reason, why we av most of d problems in naija, they are, 1. Pastors and 2. The court judges. The day d pastors REPENT, nigeria will change for good, forever. As for dat guy who sowed his house rent, he deserved what he got. God bless u plenty.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: Hahahaha..the most funniest post i have read in such a long time..If you see my post as sounding bitter then i am sorry that we are not on the same page,it's like communication seems to be a problem with me and you.My post is actually devoid of all the allegation you leveled against me.You better be careful since this forum is anonymous like i said earlier.You are actually committing a grave error by calling me ungodly and you are in no position to chastise me since you are not the great Apostle Paul.Leave that work to the Holy Spirit.And what gave you the impression you are right and i am wrong. Do you know how many denominations we have today in the Christendom? It is all this i am right and others are wrong mentality that is the problem.If you don't tithe give glory to God.Allow others who want to tithe do it to the glory of God..abeg. Don't condemn them.cheers.

Tithing is a sin stop sending false information to people. Give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar and to GOD what belongs to GOD. Wait, I mean give to the bank what belongs to the bank (money) and to GOD your self (righteousness, love, faith and repentance)
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
chy22:

Tithing is a sin stop sending false information to people. Give to Cesar what belongs to Cesar and to GOD what belongs to GOD. Wait, I mean give to the bank what belongs to the bank (money) and to GOD your self (righteousness, love, faith and repentance)

Rather, Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar = Tax

Give to God what belongs to God = Tithes.

Fixed. wink

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by pickabeau1: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
i like the way theoctopus is bringing sound critique on this matter

Seems this tithe schism will never be crossed
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Fixed. wink

Tithe started as land tax. Please go back and study very well. So if you want to go that path, then you should give tithe to the government. Actually, we do give tithe to the government in form of our tax. It was a practice that existed right after the flood. If you read the Jewish Torah, you will understand its origins. God instituted it in the law so the levites and others who didnt have should not be deprived. That is why tithing was for you, the widows, orphans, strangers as well as the levites. Read Deut 12 to 14. The purpose of tithe was to provide for the needy. The levites were included because they didnt have any inheritance. Tithes are not for those who have. It is not a means to enrich pastors or church leaders. Even if you are to give the tithe today, you will have to give it to the benevolence department for distribution to those who dont have. The present day preaching of tithe is totally self serving. That is why they have cooked up a "man of God" doctrine to put the people under bondage. They have taking the church back to the time of the catholic oppression where priests acted as mediators between God and men. They say when you give to a man of God, you get a reward. In fact, I heard them preach once, that different givings attracted different levels of reward and returns. Guess which kind of giving had the highest reward? Your guess is as good as mine! It is the giving to the "man of God".

This whole heresy and doctrines of devils started a long time ago. The whole false doctrine is founded on one supposedly innocent but terrible falsehood: that the man of God is a priest and the rest of the congregation are ordinary people who needed the men of God to access God! So he acts as a mediator between the people and God, just like the old testament. Everything goes through him. They even preach now that their destinies are tied to their man of God, thus negating their own salvation through Christ. Paul's calls it another gospel! But you know why the "men of God" can succeed? Because the people have itching ears. They want to hear a lie. They have refused to believe the truth so God sent them a delusion.

False prophets are God's judgement to those who have refused to believe the truth and seek the benefits of God without the ways of God! They want what God gives but reject who God is!

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by pickabeau1: 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
Exactly the same reason why martin luther broke out from the catholic church

People using money to buy salvation

People don't even read the bible anymore - my pastor says etc bla bla bla

theoctopus:

Tithe started as land tax. Please go back and study very well. So if you want to go that path, then you should give tithe to the government. Actually, we do give tithe to the government in form of our tax. It was a practice that existed right after the flood. If you read the Jewish Torah, you will understand its origins. God instituted it in the law so the levites and others who didnt have should not be deprived. That is why tithing was for you, the widows, orphans, strangers as well as the levites. Read Deut 12 to 14. The purpose of tithe was to provide for the needy. The levites were included because they didnt have any inheritance. Tithes are not for those who have. It is not a means to enrich pastors or church leaders. Even if you are to give the tithe today, you will have to give it to the benevolence department for distribution to those who dont have. The present day preaching of tithe is totally self serving. That is why they have cooked up a "man of God" doctrine to put the people under bondage. They have taking the church back to the time of the catholic oppression where priests acted as mediators between God and men. They say when you give to a man of God, you get a reward. In fact, I heard them preach once, that different givings attracted different levels of reward and returns. Guess which kind of giving had the highest reward? Your guess is as good as mine! It is the giving to the "man of God".

This whole heresy and doctrines of devils started a long time ago. The whole false doctrine is founded on one supposedly innocent but terrible falsehood: that the man of God is a priest! So he acts as a mediator between the people and God, just like the old testament. Everything goes through him. They even preach now that their destinies are tied to their man of God, thus negating their own salvation through Christ. Paul's calls it another gospel! But you know why the "men of God" can succeed? Because the people have itching ears. They want to hear a lie. They have refused to believe the truth so God sent them a delusion.

False prophets are God's judgement to those who have refused to believe the truth and seek the benefits of God without the ways of God! They want what God gives but reject who God is!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Fixed. wink
Who's name is or the bank note ? (bank or GOD)
What head is or the bank notes ? (humans or GOD)
Do you really think GOD needs those bank notes you call tithes?
Do you really think you can bribe GOD towards blessing you?
GOD knows what is best for you and will give it when you need it, is him can decide when you need it.
I believe GOD has noting to do with earthly materials and will never ask you for any pay,gift or ransom to bless you. All he wants is for you to love him as your creator.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
chy22:

And where is it written in your bible that God's tithe is a sin You see it is this kind of extreme hatred for God i am talking about.You and the other poster are actually guilty of adding to God's word cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
@ theoctopus you have earned my respect sir. When I read your posts on this issue I get the happiness that with time people will no the truth about bible and stop being slaves of their pastors
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Demainman1: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Has JoAgbaje returned as promised? The answer will tell you the kind of person he is!
Bloody wolf in sheep clothing!

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
pickabeau1: Exactly the same reason why martin luther broke out from the catholic church

People using money to buy salvation

People don't even read the bible anymore - my pastor says etc bla bla bla

Giving was never supposed to be a scheme to get something from God. That would completely negate the message of grace. There are three parts to giving.

1. One is the principle of seed time and harvest. This is a universal law from God. If you sow anything/seed, it will produce.

2. Giving is also an act of worship to God in appreciation for who is is or what he has done for you.

3. Giving is God's method for providing for the needy

It was never meant as a demand from God before he can bless you. He told the Jews,

Psalms 50:7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God.

Psalms 50:8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.

Psalms 50:9 I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.

Psalms 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Psalms 50:11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

Psalms 50:12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

Psalms 50:13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

Psalms 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

A man who goes around bragging about what he has giving to God is ignorant and doesn't know God

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: And where is it written in your bible that God's tithe is a sin You see it is this kind of extreme hatred for God i am talking about.You and the other poster are actually guilty of adding to God's word cheesy

You are the one adding to God's word when you claim a new testament believer should pay tithes. Tithing was never commanded or instructed in the new testament. Not one place was it instructed. There is only one mention of tithe in the new testament in Hebrews 4 and it wasnt an instruction to tithe. It was simply a reference to Abraham tithing in relation to understanding the levitical priesthood and subsequently, the priesthood of Jesus. That priesthood of Jesus was transferred and conferred on every believer who becomes born again. Rev 5:10

If tithing was so important to the new testament believer, why was it never instructed to us. Or why was it never mentioned that the disciples and apostles tithed? How can such an important subject, according to you, never get mentioned. Every other important thing was mentioned, from breaking of bread to baptism to church leadership, but not tithing. You are the one adding it!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
chy22:
Who's name is or the bank note ? (bank or GOD)
What head is or the bank notes ? (humans or GOD)
Do you really think GOD needs those bank notes you call tithes?
Do you really think you can bribe GOD towards blessing you?
GOD knows what is best for you and will give it when you need it, is him can decide when you need it.
I believe GOD has noting to do with earthly materials and will never ask you for any pay,gift or ransom to bless you. All he wants is for you to love him as your creator.

God can provide material things for his Children and he does provide daily. But he will never demand a settlement before he does it
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: And where is it written in your bible that God's tithe is a sin You see it is this kind of extreme hatred for God i am talking about.You and the other poster are actually guilty of adding to God's word cheesy
I did not add anything to God's word (it is in the bible that no unclean thing can be in his presence, I now ask is money clean). It is in the bible that only him can decide, i now ask how come the pastors are telling their members that the Higher the tithe the Higher the blessing.

If unclean/earthly materials can not be in his presence, how come bringing money into his house not a sin, how come using his house as business venture not a sin, how come all the samon every other Sundays about paying tax in the name of tithe not a sin.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
@Bidam,
I think you should have realised by now that as long as some people see their 'New Testament' as starting from Acts of the Apostles, it is pointless discussing with them. They are claiming to be living in a 'new convenant without any laws and commands'.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Bidam,
I think you should have realised by now that as long as some people see their 'New Testament' as starting from Acts of the Apostles, it is pointless discussing with them. They are claiming to be living in a 'new convenant without any laws and commands'.

Do you believe in the bible? If you do, why will say say some people "claim" their new testament begins from acts?

What is the new testament? The new testament is a new dispensation of God's relationship with man that came into operation after the ressurection of Jesus from the dead. Without Jesus dying and ressurecting, there will not a new testament. So it isnt a claim. It is God's word.

Hebrews 9:

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The word of God is very clear on this!

This is the commandment of the new covenant

John 13:34

King James Version (KJV)

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply)

Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance? / Calendar Souvenir Made For Apostle Suleman When He Got Married In 2004 / Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.