Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (40036 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
If one sees tithes and church offering as good thing to do and do it with faith, that is absolutely fine. However, pastors that try to impose it on their members are wrong.

Having said the above, I am wondering what could be a bigger sin, than knowing that some of the church members can not afford food for their family and that person next to you needs food yet you ignore them and give your offering and tithe to the pastors.

Of what need is it to add one cup of water to the ocean (pastors pocket) then use it to care for 100 people at a time?
Are the pastors the God we are worshiping?

I will give my offering and tithe to that person next to me that is in need, after all that person sitting next to me is the God I can see.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
very soon, i wld post a topic in the religion section on why tithe should be paid and wld back it up with one or two verses from d new testament. That should seal things up.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
shinermio: very soon, i wld post a topic in the religion section on why tithe should be paid and wld back it up with one or two verses from d new testament. That should seal things up.
Hmhmm... Would be waiting bro. I have almost half a dozen from the new testament. I released two and they say i'm dishonest, i'm insincere, i'm 'manipulating' bible.
Would be waiting for the thread.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by rabzy: 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
As long as the church exists in its present form, tithing will never cease because it caters to the greed and desires of the taker and the giver.
The pastors wants to continue their ostentatious larger-than-life and celebrity lifestyle so tithing and continous offering will never cease,
The givers also wants ten fold of what they give, so while they give one-ten to God they want ten times of that back. That is why they always want to sow, sow into their pastors life. They don't sow into poor widows and orphans lives or even the struggling man next door but unto their pastor who they believe can help them get ten times back from God.

Its a syndicate and everyone involved are hypocrites.

Will you keep giving even if God does not give u back.

The poor widow was a giver and she kept on giving even when she was not getting the money back from God. Of course she has Gods blessings but evidence shows it was not in cash.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
rabzy: As long as the church exists in its present form, tithing will never cease because it caters to the greed and desires of the taker and the giver.
The pastors wants to continue their ostentatious larger-than-life and celebrity lifestyle so tithing and continous offering will never cease, the givers wants ten fold of what they give, so while you give one-ten to God they want ten times of that back. That is why they always want to sow, sow into their pastors life.
Will you keep giving even if God does not give u back.

The poor widow was a giver and she kept on giving even when she was not getting the money back from God. Of course she has Gods blessings but evidence shows it was not in cash.

I agree with you mate. Jesus christ paid all the price and their is no need to give some greedy pastor anything to get the blessing of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
shinermio: very soon, i wld post a topic in the religion section on why tithe should be paid and wld back it up with one or two verses from d new testament. [/b]That should seal things up.

No problem!!! We will be here awaiting your scriptures. However, it should not be 'why' or 'reason(s)' it should be BUT where it is taught to the New Testament Christians. My reason for saying the above is, EVERYWHERE tithing is done, taught and\or practiced, the word 'tithe' is always specifically mention. If you are bring scriptures and that word is not mentioned, then, what you're doing is adding to the word or God or going beyond what is written - [b]1 Corinthians 4:6

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by besttop(m): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
this is a ways of giving to God, paying your tithes,attract special blessing to you and financial open doors.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by jahbiz: 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pls I need to know exact place where Jesus recommends tithe in NT cos I can remember one.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
besttop: this is a ways of giving to God, paying your tithes,attract special blessing to you and financial open doors.

What do you say about me, being a living witness. I fight against tithing. I teach against tithing for Christians and I do not tithe. Yet, I'm blessed. The blessings of God makes a man rich and adds no sorrow. How do you explain devourer in my case and many more people out there that don't tithe and are wonderfully blessed?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by try69: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
A newer fraud is the fraud of FIRST FRUITS where you are required to give 100% of ur earnings for the first month in faith believing that u get it in a trillion fold cheesy. They tell u it's not compulsory like tithes but begin to paint pictures of what u get in return when u do this grin grin

My people have suffered in the name of being xtians...smh
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by rabzy: 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
try69: A newer fraud is the fraud of FIRST FRUITS where you are required to give 100% of ur earnings for the first month in faith believing that u get it in a trillion fold cheesy. They tell u it's not compulsory like tithes but begin to paint pictures of what u get in return when u do this grin grin

My people have suffered in the name of being xtians...smh

Please I don't want to believe this, no it can't be true. The woes that will be upon such pastors would be worse than those pronounced on the pharisees
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by rabzy: 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
besttop: this is a ways of giving to God, paying your tithes,attract special blessing to you and financial open doors.

Worship God not because of blessings but because you love him and because he gave you life and created you. That alone makes him deserve our worship, anyother extras are at his discretion not because we deserve anything.
Jesus said after we have done all these things required of us, we are still good-for-nothing-slaves for what we ought to have done is what we have done.
All what we claim to have been giving to God has actually been used by men, The arrangement of Giving men of God things in the Bible is so that they would not be so destitute because of their giving their time to God and then abandon his work.
Even in the Bible a lot of these men decline to take these things for themselves rather they work to sustain themselves. But these fake ones never stops collecting.
The arrangement was not made So that they would turn to billionmaires. No priest nor prophet or apostle became ostentatiously rich thru tithes or offerings or any other contributions from others.
The only ones who did are these modern day morally-bankrupt thieves parading themselves as demi-gods.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Itulah(m): 6:50am On Oct 01, 2013
no be my money pastor go take buy jet.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2013
No. And it was not paid to Jesus.
At that moment, the earthly priests were still valid because Christ had not yet die.
No. That statement applied then because of the law.
All of it is no.
Jesus also never asked anyone to give him anything. Does that mean also that giving is irrelevant?
The israelites paid tithe according to how they were blessed. They tithed farm produce because the blessing was mainly farm produce.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2013
No one preaches against giving to the poor. And that conclusion can not just be arrived at. The reason for this discussion is because that's what the thread is about. No one speaks lowly of the poor.
With that, the principle of Jesus is clear. Give unto Caeser what belongs to him and to God what belongs to Him.
Giving to the poor is also an eternal principle. It changes not.
That of the poor.
Both are crucial. One is crucial to the life here just like prayer is only crucial to life here, we do not pray in heaven. Giving to the poor is not what just brings eternal rewards. Anything giving does.
We have already discussed why that could not apply to today. The young man asked what he could do to inherit eternal life.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2013
I'd be available during the day time.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by PastorKun(m): 8:13am On Oct 01, 2013
idnoble135: No. And it was not paid to Jesus.
At that moment, the earthly priests were still valid because Christ had not yet die.
All of it is no.
Jesus also never asked anyone to give him anything. Does that mean also that giving is irrelevant?
The israelites paid tithe according to how they were blessed. They tithed farm produce because the blessing was mainly farm produce .

@bolded

You are wrong again as usual, they tithed farm produce becos that was the only thing God asked them to tithe and not becos their blessing was mainly farm produce. God blessed them in several other ways and they weren't required to tithe from their other means or income. Stop adding to God's word angry

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by try69: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2013
rabzy:

Please I don't want to believe this, no it can't be true. The woes that will be upon such pastors would be worse than those pronounced on the pharisees

I didn't know this until I was invited to a church once in january.. It is true my broda.

Some asks student in campuses to give their school fees in faith that God will replenish it a zillion fold cheesy , can u imagine?

Nobody is talking about this yet because they tell u it is not a command but u do it out of faith but my fear is that in some time it might become like the teaching of tithes that they preach today. Recall that all this tithes thing was not really there in the early 90's.

May God deliver us from our ignorance
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 11:11am On Oct 01, 2013
idnoble135: No. And it was not paid to Jesus.
All of it is no.
The israelites paid tithe according to how they were blessed. They tithed farm produce because the blessing was mainly farm produce.

This is so wrong. It shows some of you dont read your bible. Deut 14:12-26 clearly shows that tithe was about food. The tithe was for taking care of the priests, levites, widows, orphans and strangers as well as celebrating God with your family. It was never about money because money existed then just like now. Money existed as far back as the time of Abraham
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
My personal experience with winners chapel and Elshideir in England.
I went to same winners chapel for complete two months, in each occasion the samon, bible reading and teaching were same issues, that is paying tithes and giving offerings just in different tune by different pastors. A particular pastor had to cut the bible reading shot because the information on the next verse was about helping the poor. Guess what, they are all Nigerian pastors, not until we break our self out of this slavery called religion, these greedy pastors of nigeria will continue to enrich them self in the name of Christianity.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

(Acts 24:17).

Paul collected offerings for the Jerusalem church but it seems the anti tithers have a phobia for the words offerings, just as they detest the word tithe. There must be something in the tithe that makes the devil fight it this hard.

i can boldly tell you that demons shiver when they hear the word tithe.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
christemmbassey: i told u, Alwaystrue is Bidam, u u notice, when she post , Bidam is offlhne?
Your ignorance is growing in leaps and bounds everyday,such a pity that this is the only thing you know about the bible nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
Bidam:

i can boldly tell you that demons shiver when they hear the word tithe.

They are even happy to take offerings in Church and have the effrontery to say that it is not tithes.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

They are even happy to take offerings in Church and have the effrontery to say that it is not tithes.
Do they even give offerings? they always turn a blind eye whenever the plates is passed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
Bidam:

Do they even give offerings? they always turn a blind eye whenever the plates is passed. cheesy

They don't attack offerings because it gives them pleasure of giving as little as possible and remain a cheerful giver. grin

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Ovamboland(m): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
idnoble135: @Candour and Christembassy, i was not caught off guard by your replies. I've read it on other threads and i've pondered on it.
I believe that excuse is not valid. I guess everywhere we read in the bible something like... "and Jesus spoke to the crowd saying..." we should ignore it because we are not the crowd.
When he spoke to the disciples in Acts 1:8, he was not referring to us because he was speaking to the disciples. That excuse is very lame bro.
See, every word Jesus said might not apply to us directly but it will carry principles that are vital for us. You think all what Jesus was saying was just to make a point to the Pharisee alone? If it were, there would be no need to include it in the Bible because it is irrelevant to us. After all, John told us that there were alot of things He said and did that were not recorded. In the same John, he let us know he spoke only what He heard. And the Father's word in the Scriptures are meant for us.
Okay, look at Mathew 16, Jesus was speaking and He made it clear that the "great confession" which Peter uttered were not revealed by flesh and blood but by the Father.
By your theory, we can also conclude that all what God meant was only Peter can get revelation since Jesus was not talking to us nor the apostles but Peter.
But thats wrong, the principle there is there are things that we can not know via our natural human faculties. But God is telling us a principle here that He can reveal to us what we can in no way know via our carnal understanding.
Now to the verse...

“What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful
to tithe even the tiniest
income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God.
You should tithe, yes, but do
not neglect the more
important things. Luke 11:42NLT

I guess we can overlook this also because Jesus was talking to the Pharisees right?
What a joke!

Mr. since Jesus endorsed the tithe of the pharisee (which is according to the law) by your interpretation and he directed it to all believers to follow the practice can you kindly point out where the 12 Apostles including Paul, Stephen, Silas etc. complied with this order from Jesus particularly after the Crucifixion and resurrection
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 11:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

They don't attack offerings because it gives them pleasure of giving as little as possible and remain a cheerful giver. grin

You have descended into human wisdom and left God. God's ways are not based on sentiments and good feeling. God does not meander to the crowd. Where in the bible have you seen God following the crowd? So you think you are right because you give big money? You think it impresses God when you give big tithes? You speak as a man devoid of spiritual knowledge. It is folks like you Jesus chided when he stood over the offerings and declared the poor widow was the best giver. Folks like you measure giving by the amount given. Such carnal disposition.

You need to go back to God's word and follow it, not your sentiments and good feeling. If the bible says tithe is right, then it is right. If it says it isn't right, then it isn't right. It doesn't matter whether someone gives small or big. It makes no difference. There are many unbelievers that give a lot, but that does not mean God approves them. You have just shown with your series of post that it is about your ego, not God. That is why some churches give medals to the highest givers as if they can actually determine the highest givers. If a man gives 50 million from his 5 billion and another man give 500 naira from his 550 naira, who do you think is the highest giver of the 2? According to some of your churches, it is the guy who gave 50 million. Why? Because they reason like men. Giving is a universal principle that will work even for unbelievers. Seed time and harvest is a universal principle that will work for both believers and unbelievers. The top 10 richest men in the world are unbelievers and they do not tithe. So your teachings that tithing determines prosperity is false. If you apply the laws of money and business, you will be prosperous. But that doesn't mean God approves you. It is sad that many believers have backsliden with this false materialism messages you folks are preaching. You are spreading a gospel of mammon. The very thing our Lord Jesus warned us about. You are worshiping money. Money is all you talk about all day. Go and read Revelations chapter 1 to chapter 3. You will see our Lord Jesus message to his church. It is a serious message. a call to repentance. Christ is coming soon. Stop this money worship. Search your hearts and be ready.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Daily Manna

The Joy Of Giving

TEXT: Genesis 14:13-24

"And blessed be the most high God, which has delivered your enemies into your hand. And he gave him tithes of all" (Genesis 14:20)

Giving is an act motivated by love. God Himself showed us the highest example of giving; "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). The Lord Jesus Christ also taught His disciples that: "It is more blessed to give than to receive."

In this passage, Abram sets a most noble example for believers by giving to the Lord. The king of Sodom and other kings with him welcome Abram from his slaughter of the enemy kings. He had accomplished what they as a group could not (verses 13-20). They counted him a hero. He was neither a king nor a large army, yet with trained servants from his household, he overcame the confederated kings and rescued Lot.

Expecting him to take the honour of the victory to himself, they offered him all the loot from the battle. Abram not only rejected the unrighteous gain but also gave credit to God, to whom belonged the glory of the victory.

This is a standard worthy of emulation. Some Christians say they are satisfied to live by "whatever means I maybe profited." But Abram also showed us here that, there is an acceptable and an unacceptable means of acquiring wealth. He eschewed covetousness knowing that a man's life is not measured by the things, which he possesses (Luke 12:15). He preferred to give tithes to God being confident that He was able to provide all his needs. All our physical needs come graciously from God and trusting Him means we shall have no lack.

Do you ever know that your material gifts will mean nothing to God if you have not first given Him your heart? You and your substance can be used by God for the benefits of mankind. That is the joy of giving.

Thought for the day: "Giving is a blank cheque to draw from the bank of heaven"

For Details . . .
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Bidam: Do they even give offerings? they always turn a blind eye whenever the plates is passed. cheesy

You should never talk like a scorner. Never display pride. It isn't about your big giving. If you glory in your big offerings, you are exactly like the pharisees and the bible says, you already have your reward of men. There are many people who don't give tithes but give a lot of money even more than 10 percent of their earnings and they are very prosperous. I don't give tithes and am very prosperous because I don't tie my prosperity to something I do. God never tied it to something I do, so why should I? Paul said in Galatians, why do you want to return to the bondage you were delivered from? What tithe did Adam give to get the garden of Eden? What tithe did the Israelis give to get all the provisions and health they enjoyed for 40 years in the wilderness? When you claim your tithe is what determines your prosperity, you have left grace into works and you are out of scriptures and out of line!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
theoctopus:

You have descended into human wisdom and left God. God's ways are not based on sentiments and good feeling. God does not meander to the crowd. Where in the bible have you seen God following the crowd? So you think you are right because you give big money? You think it impresses God when you giev big tithes? You speak as a man devoid of spiritual knowledge. It is folks like you Jesus chided when he stood over the offerings and declared the poor widow was the best giver. Folsk like you measure giving by the amount given. Such carnal disposition.

You need to go back to God's word and follow it, not your sentiments and good feeling. If the bible says tithe is right, then it is right. If it says it isnt right, then it isnt right. It doesnt matter whether someone gives small or big. It makes no difference. There are many unbelievers that give a lot, but that does not mean God approves them. YOu have just shown with your series of post that it is about your ego, not God. That is why some churches give medals to the highest givers ads if they can actually determine the highest givers. If a man gives 50 million from his 5 billion and another man give 500 naira from his 550 naira, who do youthink is the highest giver of the 2? According to some of your churches, it is the guy who gave 50 million. Why? Because they reason like men. Giving is a universal principle that will work even for unbelievers. Seed time and harvest is a universal principle that will work for both believers and unbelievers. The top 10 richest men in the world are unbelievers and they do not tithe. So your teachings that tithing determines prosperity is false. If you apply the laws of money and business, you will be prosperous. But that doesnt mean God approves you. It is sad that many believers have backsliden with this false materialism messages you folsk are preaching. You are spreading a gospel of mammon. The very thing our Lord Jesus warned us about. You are worshiping money. Money is all you talk about all day. Go and read Revelations chapter 1 to chapter 3. You will see our Lord Jesus message to his church. It is a serious message. a call to repentance. Christ is coming soon. Stop this money worship. Search your hearts and be ready.
God bless u plenty. I believe, d spirit of God dat made u to post this will touch their heart.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Daily Manna

The Joy Of Giving

TEXT: Genesis 14:13-24

"And blessed be the most high God, which has delivered your enemies into your hand. And he gave him tithes of all" (Genesis 14:20)

Giving is an act motivated by love. God Himself showed us the highest example of giving; "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). The Lord Jesus Christ also taught His disciples that: "It is more blessed to give than to receive."

In this passage, Abram sets a most noble example for believers by giving to the Lord. The king of Sodom and other kings with him welcome Abram from his slaughter of the enemy kings. He had accomplished what they as a group could not (verses 13-20). They counted him a hero. He was neither a king nor a large army, yet with trained servants from his household, he overcame the confederated kings and rescued Lot.

Expecting him to take the honour of the victory to himself, they offered him all the loot from the battle. Abram not only rejected the unrighteous gain but also gave credit to God, to whom belonged the glory of the victory.

This is a standard worthy of emulation. Some Christians say they are satisfied to live by "whatever means I maybe profited." But Abram also showed us here that, there is an acceptable and an unacceptable means of acquiring wealth. He eschewed covetousness knowing that a man's life is not measured by the things, which he possesses (Luke 12:15). He preferred to give tithes to God being confident that He was able to provide all his needs. All our physical needs come graciously from God and trusting Him means we shall have no lack.

Do you ever know that your material gifts will mean nothing to God if you have not first given Him your heart? You and your substance can be used by God for the benefits of mankind. That is the joy of giving.

Thought for the day: "Giving is a blank cheque to draw from the bank of heaven"

For Details . . .
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
^^^

Luke 6:38 (King James Version)

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

2 Peter 1:3

3 His divine power hath (has already) given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

God is not going to give us anything again. He has already given us all things. You need to understand the position of a believer in Christ Jesus. Be careful not to speak from a position of works

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (34) (Reply)

Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video) / 30 Girls Rescued From Pastor’s Sex Camp In Lagos / Young Woman Beats Drums In Church (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.