Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,411 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (40183 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Rather, Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar = Tax

Give to God what belongs to God = Tithes.

Fixed. wink

Case close

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by nora544: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
idumuose:
Very well bro. Ɣ☺u have answered my questions.As a priest,I'm not supposed
to pay tithe even if tithe is still enforcible in the N.T as the proponents of tithes
are saying here.
My God,the church has derailed.The church has veered of the path.May God
help us.As a rejoinder to what Ɣ☺u said about sosoliso,a friend of mine told
me sometime ago how that he didn't have enough money to complete his
house rent 4 renewal.His landlord was breathing down his neck with threats
of eviction.in his dilemma he rushed to his pastor and narrated his challenges.
The pastor said>I'm smiling< that he should since the money isn't complete,
he should sow it to God.He complied.Three weeks later the landlord 'threw him'
out of the house>laughing<

That was not the first time that this happen in NIgeria.

but when i hear one of this so called great man of God telling there followers when they not tithe they will rob God, and when they will not sow seed they will not get more money that is the big problem, most of the pastors from this new churches look first at there own pocket.

They learn from this white pastor in america Oral Roberts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
@theoctopus,
take this as my conclusion of this matter with you.
ALL THE WORDS OF JESUS ARE GRACE AND TRUTH....HIS WORDS ARE LIFE. EVERY COMMAND/TEACHING HE GAVE in the GOSPELS ARE HIS LAWS AND COMMANDS. His Words were not His own but His Father's.

If you took time to look at the whole thread you would have understood. The New Commandment He gave is an addition and did not abolish the others.
And Jesus words were also from the law.

Love your neighbour as yourself.....Leviticus 19:18

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
I want to thank , all the good men who have contributed to this thread . I got caught up in our Reachout Nigeria campaign and planing . It's very obvious that the truth of the word cannot be killed . No matter how much satan try. Gate of hell cannot prevail. One of the ways satan can attack the body of christ is to attack our work of faith,labour of love and our giving . Tithes and offering are not based on the law of Moses . Even though we may use references in the law to buttress some facts. They are kingdom principles along with all others such as fasting and praying and worship.

I'm glad to know that tithers have unshakable faith because the result is very obvious and evident in their lives .

6 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

Tithe started as land tax.

So it was land tax Abram paid to Melchi, no?

theoctopus:

Please go back and study very well. So if you want to go that path, then you should give tithe to the government. Actually, we do give tithe to the government in form of our tax. It was a practice that existed right after the flood. If you read the Jewish Torah, you will understand its origins. God instituted it in the law so the levites and others who didnt have should not be deprived. That is why tithing was for you, the widows, orphans, strangers as well as the levites. Read Deut 12 to 14. The purpose of tithe was to provide for the needy. The levites were included because they didnt have any inheritance.

If you studied your Bible at all you would realise that the ancient Israelites tithed in a theocratic government, which was also the civil government, and that is why it included their taxes. You can only pay your tithe to the government if you are living in a theocratic government and I don't think that exists anymore. At the time our Lord Jesus was speaking tax (tribute money) was paid to the Roman government while tithes was paid to God and our Lord endorsed tithes in Matthew 23:23. He didn't abrogate tithes.

theoctopus:

Tithes are not for those who have. It is not a means to enrich pastors or church leaders. Even if you are to give the tithe today, you will have to give it to the benevolence department for distribution to those who dont have.

Tithe is just 10% of our income. What would you say of the poor widow whom our Lord Jesus commended for giving her 100% into the treasury (Mark 12:41-44)? She gave substantially more than the tithe for the Lord's work and this was a measure of her love for God and His work which was more than what she kept for herself and today we are reading of her.

theoctopus:

The present day preaching of tithe is totally self serving. That is why they have cooked up a "man of God" doctrine to put the people under bondage. They have taking the church back to the time of the catholic oppression where priests acted as mediators between God and men. They say when you give to a man of God, you get a reward. In fact, I heard them preach once, that different givings attracted different levels of reward and returns. Guess which kind of giving had the highest reward? Your guess is as good as mine! It is the giving to the "man of God".

Forget about what people say and focus on what our Lord Jesus said. He said: "the labourer is worthy of his hire," Apostle Paul by inspiration said, "For the scripture says, You shall not muzzle the ox that treads out the corn. And, the labourer is worthy of his reward." The question should be; do you hear from God or men?

theoctopus:

This whole heresy and doctrines of devils started a long time ago. The whole false doctrine is founded on one supposedly innocent but terrible falsehood: that the man of God is a priest and the rest of the congregation are ordinary people who needed the men of God to access God! So he acts as a mediator between the people and God, just like the old testament. Everything goes through him. They even preach now that their destinies are tied to their man of God, thus negating their own salvation through Christ. Paul's calls it another gospel! But you know why the "men of God" can succeed? Because the people have itching ears. They want to hear a lie. They have refused to believe the truth so God sent them a delusion.

The same, "has God said?" that Eve fell for is still being used to make God's people doubt, deny and disobey God's words today.

theoctopus:

False prophets are God's judgement to those who have refused to believe the truth and seek the benefits of God without the ways of God! They want what God gives but reject who God is!

Self prophecy fulfilled. Judas Iscariot "empathised" with the poor, but we now know he had an ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by PastorKun(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Rather, Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar = Tax

Give to God what belongs to God = Tithes.

Fixed. wink

Why don't you tell us how God defined his tithes from scriptures?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @theoctopus,
take this as my conclusion of this matter with you.
ALL THE WORDS OF JESUS ARE GRACE AND TRUTH....HIS WORDS ARE LIFE. EVERY COMMAND/TEACHING HE GAVE in the GOSPELS ARE HIS LAWS AND COMMANDS. His Words were not His own but His Father's.

If you took time to look at the whole thread you would have understood. The New Commandment He gave is an addition and did not abolish the others.
And Jesus words were also from the law.

Love your neighbour as yourself.....Leviticus 19:18

If this your position is true then why dont you also practise the other parts of the law. If He did not abolish the law, then why dont you

1. Observe the sabbath

2. Sacrifice animals and crops

3. Why do you plant different crops in the same farm?

4. Why do you wear cotton and linen together?

5. Why do you not observe all the festivals

etc, etc, etc

Why do you abandon all these laws and more but choose only to obey tithing? Is it because it is a means to an end?

Do you know that if you default in one law, you have defaulted in all? Please I need an answer, thank you!

And most important of all. Why don't you practice the tithe the way the bible describes it. Why have you converted it into your own kind of tithing where you give it to a "man of God"?

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Bidam,
I think you should have realised by now that as long as some people see their 'New Testament' as starting from Acts of the Apostles, it is pointless discussing with them. They are claiming to be living in a 'new convenant without any laws and commands'.
I think it's best i quit contributing, so many errors and contradictions i wonder why i commented to start with.God bless you sis.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue:
The New Commandment He gave is an addition and did not abolish the others.

It is not an addition to the old (the moral elements in the old can be found in the new), the new commandment is a new way (the best way) to applying God's will.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Alwaystrue(f): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: I think it's best i quit contributing, so many errors and contradictions i wonder why i commented to start with.God bless you sis.
It is only by prayer, study and deep meditation with the help of the Holy Spirit that the light will be revealed.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
Forget about what people say and focus on what our Lord Jesus said. He said: "the labourer is worthy of his hire," Apostle Paul by inspiration said, "For the scripture says, You shall not muzzle the ox that treads out the corn. And, the labourer is worthy of his reward." The question should be; do you hear from God or men?

I didnt really feel the need to respond to this your post because it is incoherent. But this part got me laughing. It really shows how you think.

Tithe or money is not the reward for preaching God's word. If that is your hire as a laborer, then you are a hireling. If God sent you to preach the gospel, he will provide for you. No one owes it to you to pay you money for preaching God's word. Did they send you to do it? Why are you demanding a laborer's hire from them? This is very hilarious. You are now merchandizing the gospel. No wonder some of you pastors now charge money for prayers. Someone told me recently that he went somewhere and they told him it is N 15, 000 per prayer point! This is a very serious sin people are committing. Selling the gospel for a price.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alwaystrue:
It is only by prayer, study and deep meditation with the help of the Holy Spirit that the light will be revealed.

This is the exact line that you use when you want to deceive people. You tell them there is a level of prayer and supernatural state they have to attain before they can understand what you understand. By doing that, you create a celebrity status for yourself and get them to see you as a medium and special passage way to God. It is called the doctrine of the nicolaitans! This is the method the catholic priest used to oppress the people and deceive them until martin Luther rose up by the spirit and pasted the 99 thesis on the door of the church and the Holy Spirit liberated the people.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Joagbaje: I want to thank , all the god men who have contributed to this thread . I got caught up in our Reachout Nigeria campaign and planing . It's very obvious that the truth of the word cannot be killed . No matter how much satan try. Gate of hell cannot prevail. One of the ways satan can attack the body of christ is to attack our work of faith,labour of love and our giving . Tithes and offering are not based on the law of Moses . Even though we may use references in the law to buttress some facts. They are kingdom principles along with all others such as fasting and praying and worship.

I'm glad to know that tithers have unshakable faith because the result is very obvious and evident in their lives .

grin grin

Haba Joagbaje, after opening a thread to do an exposition, this is all you can come up with?

Despite all the breakaways from the RCC, its still the biggest church in the world, but that doesn't mean its right or is it? wink answer that to yourself.

Those still being fleeced of their money in the name of tithes abound but the beauty is that many are coming to the knowledge of the truth that God expects freewill giving from them not a levitical percentage and they are blessed because of what Christ did, not what pastors say they should bring.

This thread you opened is proof of that. grin

God bless his word
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
Candour:

grin grin

Haba Joagbaje, after opening a thread to do an exposition, this is all you can come up with?

Despite all the breakaways from the RCC, its still the biggest church in the world, but that doesn't mean its right or is it? wink answer that to yourself.

Those still being fleeced of their money in the name of tithes abound but the beauty is that many are coming to the knowledge of the truth that God expects freewill giving from them not a levitical percentage and they are blessed because of what Christ did, not what pastors say they should bring.

This thread you opened is proof of that. grin

God bless his word

Please let him tell us why tithes are not mentioned if they are kingdom principles like prayer and fasting. Prayer and fasting and other kingdom principles were clearly mentioned. Is he accusing God of forgetting to mention tithe?

Also, he said the results are very evident in their lives. Ask him if he is richer than Dangote that doesnt tithe? Or bill gates?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
I have a felling some of the posters in this thread are pastors, just reading their comments makes me wonder how they are willing to do in other to extort money from the helpless poor. May GOD have mercy on us all.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
I have a felling some of the posters in this thread are pastors, just reading their comments makes me wonder how much they are willing to do in other to extort money from the helpless poor. May GOD have mercy on us all.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

Please let him tell us why tithes are not mentioned if they are kingdom principles like prayer and fasting. Prayer and fasting and other kingdom principles were clearly mentioned. Is he accusing God of forgetting to mention tithe?

Also, he said the results are very evident in their lives. Ask him if he is richer than Dangote that doesnt tithe? Or bill gates?

Actually my bro, I've been asking them that question in bold since I joined this forum. They have no answer. Even their G.O's pray for their members to work for Dangote.

Kingdom principles ko, kingdom investment ni
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by nora544: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
chy22: I have a felling some of the posters in this thread are pastors, just reading their comments makes me wonder how much they are willing to do in other to extort money from the helpless poor. May GOD have mercy on us all.

I know but, because that is easy to get rich quick, and you will not go to jail, when you only tell fake stories.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Candour:

Actually my bro, I've been asking them that question in bold since I joined this forum. They have no answer. Even their G.O's pray for their members to work for Dangote.

Kingdom principles ko, kingdom investment ni

This is what they are:

Revelations 3:

14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans[f] write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[g] I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and Unclad— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your unclothedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

22 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’”
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

Prayer and fasting and other kingdom principles were clearly mentioned. Is he accusing God of forgetting to mention tithe?

Prayer yes. Can you show me where it was commanded for Christians to fast? The givings you are even criticizing was commanded by Paul in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2. Even God did not command the Israelite to fast. It was just a way of reconciling themselves back to God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: Prayer yes. Can you show me where it was commanded for Christians to fast? The givings you are even criticizing was commanded by Paul in 1 Corinthians 16:1-2. Even God did not command the Israelite to fast. It was just a way of reconciling themselves back to God.

1. I have never criticized givings. I have said clearly, there is no instruction for the new testament believer to tithe. Tithing is not for the new testament. Giving was not only instructed, the practice by the apostles was clearly mentioned.

2. There are two basic principles for establishing any doctrine in the new testament. It is either there is a clear instruction to do it or we see a mention that the apostles and disciples practiced it. Neither of these apply to tithing. It was never instructed and there is no mention of its practice by the apostles. But we saw mentions of how the apostles practiced fasting. Howbeit, fasting is not a compulsory action for a believer, but important in building and developing your spiritual life

There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving. You can even decide to give all your earnings. That is your prerogative. Some of the disciples sold their lands in the book of acts and brought the money to the apostles feet. But they were never cajoled or coaxed. It was completely of their free will. That is why Peter told Ananias's wife "was it not in your power to give or not to give?". In other words, did any body force you?

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 (New Living Translation)

6 Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. 7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”[a]

2 Corinthians 9:6-7

English Standard Version (ESV)

6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully[a] will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7

King James Version (KJV)

6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
If all the funds these religious groups are taking from people in the name of tithe are used to help people, I wonder, I just wonder how many people will have food on their table, how many children will go to school, how many children will be served from early death. I just hope people will understand that our money are better of providing for care to our neighbors than buy private jets and living luxurious life by pastor, just if only we understand.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote author=theoctopus]

1. I have never criticized givings.
Good.Tithing is a form of giving same principle applies.Stop criticizing Christians who have a leading from the Holy Spirit to tithe.It is also not compulsory just like fasting. Abraham wasn't commanded by God to tithe yet he did. The rest of your post are your conviction stick to it let others stick to theirs.The way you are going about this issue you are actually replacing the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. There is liberty in Christ .Tithing is NOT a sin.Not tithing is not a sin.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: Good.Tithing is a form of giving same principle applies.Stop criticizing Christians who have a leading from the Holy Spirit to tithe.It is also not compulsory just like fasting. Abraham wasn't commanded by God to tithe yet he did. The rest of your post are your conviction stick to it let others stick to theirs.The way you are going about this issue you are actually replacing the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. There is liberty in Christ .Tithing is NOT a sin.Not tithing is not a sin.God bless you.

1. First, tithing is not from giving. Tithing is tithing. Giving is giving. Tithing in the law is actually a compulsory tax. It is not voluntary. That is one reason why it cannot be practiced in the new testament. It is at variance with freewill giving.

2. There is no account that Abraham tithed regularly. There is no account he paid tithes from his personal earnings or his cattle or crops. In fact, when Jacob mentioned it, he gave God a condition that if God blessed him, he would give one tenth of his earnings. It was not the other way around. That means he wasn't tithing before then. That also means he was never instructed by Abraham or Isaac to tithe as an ordinance.

3. Deciding to give any percentage of your earnings to God is not a sin. That is your prerogative and in line with 1 Cor 9:6-7. But making a doctrine out of it in the new testament is wrong. Very wrong. Practicing tithe on the basis of Malachi 3:10 is wrong. The liberty in Christ is clear at I stated above. You can give some or all of your earnings to God and I never said you cant. But you cannot create a doctrine of it and demand people do it or loose God's approval or grace.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
I'm even tired of this argument. The way we are so caught up in this is alarming. How come this is all where some folks energy is channelled to? There are other pressing issues of similar importance, and these are not being addressed. Like speaking in tongues, walking in purity in a sin dominated world, the acceptance of the five fold ministries, strategic evangelism etc.
What seems to pain some folks is that some "MOG" are rich. The candid truth is most of them do not get it via tithes. You go and do your research. Most of them get it through personal giving which are tokens from those who feel they have been so blessed by the minister.
We can preach tithe and it stops but that will not stop the people from giving to ministers who have been a tremendous blessing to them.
That's just the bare truth. I am in a dilemna. I meet a minister who by divine help provides me with a guidance. I follow it and blessings pour in. It's only natural for me to give the Lord out of it and give the minister PERSONALLY.
Other highly sensitive issues abound that also seek our attention. Let's beware lest we chase mice while lions devour the land.
Shalom.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
idnoble135: I'm even tired of this argument. The way we are so caught up in this is alarming. How come this is all where some folks energy is channelled to? There are other pressing issues of similar importance, and these are not being addressed. Like speaking in tongues, walking in purity in a sin dominated world, the acceptance of the five fold ministries, strategic evangelism etc.
What seems to pain some folks is that some "MOG" are rich. The candid truth is most of them do not get it via tithes. You go and do your research. Most of them get it through personal giving which are tokens from those who feel they have been so blessed by the minister.
We can preach tithe and it stops but that will not stop the people from giving to ministers who have been a tremendous blessing to them.
That's just the bare truth. I am in a dilemna. I meet a minister who by divine help provides me with a guidance. I follow it and blessings pour in. It's only natural for me to give the Lord out of it and give the minister PERSONALLY.
Other highly sensitive issues abound that also seek our attention. Let's beware lest we chase mice while lions devour the land.
Shalom.

I am sorry bro, but your post should actually be directed to these pastors who preach about money and tithe every sunday. They are the ones talking about tithe everyday.

Secondly, these pastors are cajoling and coaxing the people to give them money. Many of them use manipulative tactics. They preach fear into the people and make them part with their money. If the pastors are sincere, they should preach the simple message of repentance and see how many people will give freely to them. Many of these tithes are brought in by people who have stolen and destroyed lives. It is abomination in God's house. Many of us here have been through it so we speak what we know first hand. I dont have to call the names of denominations, not because I am afraid of them, but because that is not the point. Almost all the denominations do it now. It is sad

5 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by chy22(m): 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
idnoble135: I'm even tired of this argument. The way we are so caught up in this is alarming. How come this is all where some folks energy is channelled to? There are other pressing issues of similar importance, and these are not being addressed. Like speaking in tongues, walking in purity in a sin dominated world, the acceptance of the five fold ministries, strategic evangelism etc.
Shalom.
I am sure if you open that thread and put the link here many will discuss about it. I will also say I agree with in the above comment
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Shalom.
My bro..the tin tire me o.. grin someone is even condemning what God spoke to malachi forgetting that it's not only tithes that is spoken there..offerings was also spoken in the same breath..marriage was also spoken on..They forgot that ALL scriptures are inspired by God and is profitable for doctrine. if tithing is not a form of giving in God's kingdom i wonder what is grin .They also forget that God's kingdom is not the physical land of Israel BUT AN INVISIBLE ONE RULED BY CHRIST.God help us.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bidam: My bro..the tin tire me o.. grin someone is even condemning what God spoke to malachi forgetting that it's not only tithes that is spoken there..offerings was also spoken in the same breath..marriage was also spoken on..They forgot that ALL scriptures are inspired by God and is profitable for doctrine. if tithing is not a form of giving in God's kingdom i wonder what is grin .They also forget that God's kingdom is not the physical land of Israel BUT AN INVISIBLE ONE RULED BY CHRIST.God help us.

You have posted this before and I asked you a simple question which you deliberately ignored.

If you are ok with practicing Malachi 3:10, why dont you also practice all the other things in the law like observing the Sabbath, etc? Why did you choose only tithing and leave the others?

Simple question bro!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

I am sorry bro, but your post should actually be directed to these pastors who preach about money and tithe every sunday. They are the ones talking about tithe everyday.

Secondly, these pastors are cajoling and coaxing the people to give them money. Many of them use manipulative tactics. They preach fear into the people and make them part with their money. If the pastors are sincere, they should preach the simple message of repentance and see how many people will give freely to them. Many of these tithes are brought in by people who have stolen and destroyed lives. It is abomination in God's house. Many of us here have been through it so we speak what we know first hand. I dont have to call the names of denominations, not because I am afraid of them, but because that is not the point. Almost all the denominations do it now. It is sad
You are entitled to your opinion.
The church i attend do not preach money every sunday. For God's sake, why will a church preach money every sunday? I believe this your exaggeration is way out of it.
Besides, what i've posted there is on a neutral ground. But you seem to be so caught up in the money issue to see the whole post in its true light. That says alot.
There is no need trying to convince you. I'm not even attempting it. But that post up there, is for any man who open and spiritual.
God is your strength.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
chy22:
I am sure if you open that thread and put the link here many will discuss about it. I will also say I agree with in the above comment
Whatever you say bro. But one thing, rather than staying in a corner of the internet, why not pursue it big if you are convinced that's God's desire for you.
But all i've posted is what i see from the whole picture.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
idnoble135:
You are entitled to your opinion.
The church i attend do not preach money every sunday. For God's sake, why will a church preach money every sunday? I believe this your exaggeration is way out of it.
Besides, what i've posted there is on a neutral ground. But you seem to be so caught up in the money issue to see the whole post in its true light. That says alot.
There is no need trying to convince you. I'm not even attempting it. But that post up there, is for any man who open and spiritual.
God is your strength.

I am sorry bro. I am a Christian, A believer in Christ Jesus. What matters to me is what the bible says, not what makes you or I feel good. Not what makes human sense, sounds nice or brings results. That something works for you doesn't make it right. Moses struck a rock, water came out, but God was angry with Moses because of it and Moses could not enter the promised land. Right or wrong is not determined by the result. It is determined by what the bible says it is. Remember Jesus said, some will say Lord I did so and so in your name, but he will say, I know you not. He didnt say they were lying. They actually did it in his name. I have advised you to go read Revelation 1-3. It is a direct message from Jesus to the church. It is a message that many of your pastors would not preach because they are afraid, people will leave their churches. It is the bare truth. Many will miss heaven because they are engrossed in a life of materialism and money worship.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply)

Ten Ways That Show That Your Prophet Or Prophetess Is Fake / 'Wombless' Woman Gives Birth To A Baby / Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.