Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,531 members, 7,812,650 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (21843 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Females Putting On Trouser To Church:good/bad / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Chaleeee: 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
If extremism and hypocrisy was a country, Nigeria will be the capital. Even the Europeans that brought Christianity to Nigeria are not as hypocritical as we are today. A lot of extraneous material has been added to Christianity in Naija. The gown that Jesus wore while on earth is unisex abi? The white pple wear trousers and don't condemn themselves to hell. But in Naija, we judge, criticize,and even curse people in the name of religion. The pastor of the chirch you went to is an hypocrite becos he shouldn't habe codemned you in public. Jesus feasted with sinful tax-collectors remember?

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by yfo: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
asco15: I will advise u 2 continue in dat church if ur heart desire is to go to heaven after life on earth.
Wearing of Trousers by women in general is a sin, cos it exposes the entire shape and size of a woman. Infact, it only covers the colour of the skin while it leave the woman naked.
Remember dat a woman's body shape and back-size is seductive 2 most men, wic makes it a sin.
Same wit oda ornaments. Read 1peter3:3, prov.16:25.

and so a well-built guy would go to hell for wearing tight-fitting shirts ryt...as much as u may wanna doubt it, gals sef get eyes to look

@topic, there are certain jobs that a lady not wearing trousers can't perform effectively ( wild life researcher, security agents e.t.c)....would those ladies go to hell also?
I've never understood this hype behind this topic and probably never will

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by SWG1: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
nadia_SA: I was very late for church this morning so whlie waiting for transport I heard nice songs being sang by one church opposite my street I decided to go attend there for just this Sunday.

One brother ushered me inside (2nd row seat) ,when I just got in its like the whole congregation looked at me funny even the little kids sef. I knew I was lost

I was the only female wearing trousers ,earingson my numerous piercings and weave on felt like turning back but I just couldn't

To make matters worse when the pastor got in I think I changed his whole sermon cause I could feel like this sermon was dedicated to me.. Was like I'm the biggest sinner !!

I don't think I will go back there anytime soon coz I don't understand what's so wrong in females wearing trousers and looking good!..I couldn't even differentiate from the youth nd grannies cause they all were looking old

Can some1 help me understand! Abeggi

**happy Sunday
seriously i dont think putting on trousers instead of smart looking skirts or just traditional outfit makes anyone look that good. i think it reduces ur personality to sec school pupils or jambite. A girl wil attract boys while a lady will attract men. That church is the best thing that will happen to you. pls no hard feelings but i know wat hunter is looking for in girls
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by funnyx(m): 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Shoolar: Ladies are not suppose to put on trouser at all, neither to wear it to church. Because it belongs to male.

Says by who?
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by SWG1: 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=HumbledbYGrace]Nadia love, we should always dress in modesty all the time, going to church or going out to movies to me I wear the same clothes.

Was once bound in a church like that but I walked away, times have changed, if you feel comfy in your trousers then who has the right to tell you otherwise?

The body is the temple of God, as long as its covered wella, nobody will tell me somehow.

One thing though, (your piercing) *hides*[/quote

i don't think that something u put on that completely tell guys that the only difference b/w the trouser and unclothedness is just the blue colour of the trouser. have u considered the embarrasment we face wen girls try to enlight from a bus exposing part of their gluteal region wit stretch marks all over. I think they should resort to skirt since decent trousers are hardly seen these days
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by SWG1: 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
idnoble135: Trousers will not take anyone to hell. I'm tired of these people trying to make it sound as if you gain God's approval by what you do.
Like its been said, modesty is the key as Apostle Peter noted in his epistle.
. It mit not but the kind of wicked trouser and breast showing top i see these days, no believer with conscience wil put that on in the name of fashion. we musnt follow every fashion but follow decency as ambassador s of christ
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by linearity: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
nadia_SA: I was very late for church this morning so whlie waiting for transport I heard nice songs being sang by one church opposite my street I decided to go attend there for just this Sunday.

One brother ushered me inside (2nd row seat) ,when I just got in its like the whole congregation looked at me funny even the little kids sef. I knew I was lost

I was the only female wearing trousers ,earingson my numerous piercings and weave on felt like turning back but I just couldn't

To make matters worse when the pastor got in I think I changed his whole sermon cause I could feel like this sermon was dedicated to me.. Was like I'm the biggest sinner !!

I don't think I will go back there anytime soon coz I don't understand what's so wrong in females wearing trousers and looking good!..I couldn't even differentiate from the youth nd grannies cause they all were looking old

**happy Sunday

Chances are the Pastor wife is wearing earring and the Pastor is putting on nice silver or gold wrist watch....so if they preach

Deut 22:5, to you, response back with:Ex. 32:2-4. Deuteronomy only talk about women/men clothing, it did not mention trouser, gown, robe, suit or pants and as we know, they are men pants, trouser, suits, robe, etc...eg Jesus & his disciples wore men robes in his days and women like Mary, Marta, etc wore women robe.....more so, Exodus hit the nail on the head when it addresses jewelry, if they think that old testaments practice should be in vague today, they should not choose and pick what to endorse.

While you at it, also remind them that the scriptures in Gen. 1:28 said s3x is for pro-creature n as such, if they are doing it for pleasure is wrong and base on this scripture any woman who hear reached the age of menopause and still indulges in it, might be offending God as she is not using it as God originally intended....This by the way includes all men who because age shoots blanks or uses raincoat.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by SWG1: 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
all things might be permissible but not all things are lawful. drink alcohol and as smoke all u want cos its not called sin in the Bible but God searches the heart. whether u were abusing the temple of the lord or putting on those things to attract someone in the church God knows. before u argue the word of God,be Baptized with the holy spirit that he may instruct you. lest u find out the truth the hardway wen ur dead as already. your pastor is working out His salvation, pls work urs out in fear and trembling cos salvation is perhead. You wont blame ur pastor if you go wrong oo!
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Misolex(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
D wrd z able 2 make u wize...pesin wey dey slip wit diffrnt ladiez unprotected wey dey kari in own clipper go barb hair dey deciv him sef.....der ar typs of trousa...if dem no were am go church, shey dem no dey were am 4 ouz?....
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by godunia(m): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
may3: Make una answer this question, wat was Jesus wearing when he was on earth?
jesus wore skirt.trousers is a white mans invention.in bible times men n women wore skirt deut 27:20,num 15:38.trousers,knikkers,Senegalese etc were not mentioned however,there re principles in d bible that could help discern what is proper.for instance would it be proper to wear what would stumble others even if it's skirt? In oyibo land,d tradition does not frown at it but here it s considered n improper dress for a place of worship here.while it's not a sin to wear trouser ,God would hold u responsible if u cause any to stumble.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Yewandequeen(f): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
What are u pple sayin self? Was it God that Designed trouser?no we did,we humans. All wat bible said is that we shouldnot wear man clothin and of course u knw that there is trouser for men and there is trouser for women. And the skirt thing,haven u seen a lady in skirt and u will wish u can tell her to go and tie wrapper?
Pls trouser is not wrong t if a she wears a he trouser of course u will know. And the issue of trouser we made it not God so pple suld stop judging
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Archisola(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
runzlord: dat means every white woman would go to hell?
she neva said so and i tink in a controversial matter lyk dis it wud be beta 2 be on d saver side by abstainin 4rm it 4 d sake of makin HEAVEN.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by babypipsy: 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
I stumbled across some teenagers in a heated argument in church on Saturday afternoon and I could not bear to pass them by. when I asked what the subject matter was; it was "Is it a sin for a girl to wear trousers?". I felt so bad because we have succeeded in focusing on minor things while ignoring the more important things. The kids quoted the popular Deuteronomy 22:5.

DEUTERONOMY 22:5
This verse commands men and women not to reverse their sexual roles. It is not a statement about clothing styles. Today role rejections are common—there are men who want to become women and women who want to become men. It’s not the clothing style that offends God, but using the style to act out a different sex role. God had a purpose in making us uniquely male and female.

It amazes me to know that Deuteronomy chapter 22 has 30 verses and we pick only one as use it judgmentally. what about the other twenty nine?
what about verse 11 that says we should not wear clothing of diverse materials?

My conclusion is this, the bible never states that it is wrong for a lady to wear trousers but if it is against the doctrines of that particular church, then please abide by it.
for those who says it is a sin, What would your pastors wife wear, if she travels abroad during winter? Jeans trousers or skirts?

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Elxandre(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Many christians dont ever think critically.
They just swallow anything a Pastor tells them, not even examining how the pastor came to conclusion.
Many pastors just hear about these trousers wearing stuff from other pastors, and dont even bother examining it, but just keep passing it to other members of the church.
It has not been concluded that Trousers are for men alone. Early history shows trousers was worn by both 'Men' and 'Women'.
Pastors in these part of the world never bother to make research but just assume.
When you see pastors like Kenneth Haggins, you see original well thought out christian concepts.
Why dont we hear such from foreign pastors? Are they not also led by the spirit?
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by richfaxy: 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
where in the Bible was it stated that wearing trouser is a sin?

its human that made trousers. They wore robes in those days, someone thought of redesigning those robes to trousers and shirts and some folks just concluded its a sin for women to wear trouser , supposing trouser was first worn by women, these same folks will say that its a sin for men to wear trousers, Moreover, the female trouser has a different shape from the man.
Its the heart that matters and your relationship with God.
However, its the manner in which the trouser, skirt, gown, etc is sown that maybe be a sin. The cloth is not supposed to reveal some parts of the body. those that reveals such sensitive parts of the body may lead others to sin. That is what the Bible is against
On the last day, there maybe be lots of trouser wearing ladies in heaven and lots of long skirt, wrapper wearing ladies in hell.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by johnnyblakes(m): 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2013

**happy Sunday
nadia,firstly i will say that what ever that is agreed on earth is agreed in heaven,so d world has agreed from time past to differentiate genderly with wears,trousers for men and skirt and others for women,so wearing otherwise is violating the agreement binding by GOD.secondly when ur heart is clean but what ur are puting on is making another to sin,u also has sin.look i know some people will say to u GOD looks at the heart,yes its true,but let me ask u,is there anything u do in the physical without concluding it in ur heart?so u see? your outward appearance reflect all the decision u ve made in ur heart at one point or the other.narrow is the way to heaven and the way to hell is very wide,that which is easy for people to accept is always wrong dats why holiness is hard for the world to accept.but GOD CANNOT CHANGE BECAUSE OF THE MULTITUDE THAT HAS CHOSEN THE WRONG WAY.be wise for they that work after the flesh is of the flesh and that of the spirit is of the spirit,one cannot serve GOD pleasing the flesh.

4 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Bigsolo88: 10:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
richfaxy: where in the Bible was it stated that wearing trouser is a sin?

its human that made trousers. They wore robes in those days, someone thought of redesigning those robes to trousers and shirts and some folks just concluded its a sin for women to wear trouser , supposing trouser was first worn by women, these same folks will say that its a sin for men to wear trousers, Moreover, the female trouser has a different shape from the man.
Its the heart that matters and your relationship with God.
However, its the manner in which the trouser, skirt, gown, etc is sown that maybe be a sin. The cloth is not supposed to reveal some parts of the body. those that reveals such sensitive parts of the body may lead others to sin. That is what the Bible is against
On the last day, there maybe be lots of trouser wearing ladies in heaven and lots of long skirt, wrapper wearing ladies in hell.

u r a grown up fool n a product of hell
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by SWG1: 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
johnnyblakes: nadia,firstly i will say that what ever that is agreed on earth is agreed in heaven,so d world has agreed from time past to differentiate genderly with wears,trousers for men and skirt and others for women,so wearing otherwise is violating the agreement binding by GOD.secondly when ur heart is clean but what ur are puting on is making another to sin,u also has sin.look i know some people will say to u GOD looks at the heart,yes its true,but let me ask u,is there anything u do in the physical without concluding it in ur heart?so u see? your outward appearance reflect all the decision u ve made in ur heart at one point or the other.narrow is the way to heaven and the way to hell is very wide,that which is easy for people to accept is always wrong dats why holiness is hard for the world to accept.but GOD CANNOT CHANGE BECAUSE OF THE MULTITUDE THAT HAS CHOSEN THE WRONG WAY.be wise for they that work after the flesh is of the flesh and that of the spirit is of the spirit,one cannot serve GOD pleasing the flesh.
God bless you. God knows wats in the heart whether pride,show off, seduction, or fashion crazy, He knows our motive
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by asco15(m): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
But knw dis!
1) u wear trousers(if it is seductive/wrong, u go to hell,if it is right u'r safe)
2) u don't wear trousers (if it is wrong,u ar safe,if it is right u are also safe).
Choose ye today!
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 01, 2013
SWG 1:
God bless you. God knows wats in the heart whether pride,show off, seduction, or fashion crazy, He knows our motive
this got me thinking hard jooR

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Benjazzy10(m): 1:03am On Oct 01, 2013
There re trouser meant for women and trousers meant for men.....a man can't wear a trouser meant for a woman cuz I would luk odd and not fit him likewise ladies so forget dat theory dat says trousers re for men alone....There re trouser meant for women and trousers meant for men.....a man can't wear a trouser meant for a woman cuz I would luk odd and not fit him likewise ladies so forget dat theory dat says trousers re for men alone....There re trouser meant for women and trousers meant for men.....a man can't wear a trouser meant for a woman cuz I would luk odd and not fit him likewise ladies so forget dat theory dat says trousers re for men alone....

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 01, 2013
InHim4Him: Are you a white woman? Is honoring God and his word about being white or black? Is it every white woman that wears trousers to church?
oh ye men that lack wizdom
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 01, 2013
In my own opinion it is not about white or black or about what you think. What did the bible say and can you do without it just for God sake. According to a teacher I heard, can you leave those things just to say you love Me, God.
A church telling you put it on without considering what it causes is not a church. Go for the undiluted word not those seeking for your money alone without seeking your soul out of the mire clay.
Read the bible and let God convict you. When you fill your heart with more of God, surely more of the word will leave you.
Try it and you will not regret it.
Shalom
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 01, 2013
Chaleeee: If extremism and hypocrisy was a country, Nigeria will be the capital. Even the Europeans that brought Christianity to Nigeria are not as hypocritical as we are today. A lot of extraneous material has been added to Christianity in Naija. The gown that Jesus wore while on earth is unisex abi? The white pple wear trousers and don't condemn themselves to hell. But in Naija, we judge, criticize,and even curse people in the name of religion. The pastor of the chirch you went to is an hypocrite becos he shouldn't habe codemned you in public. Jesus feasted with sinful tax-collectors remember?
But He didn't tell them to continue in sin. She was ushered in but if the pastor had failed to tell her the truth then he had failed in his duty. The man even said that he will return what he took unlawfully up to four times to all he defrauded.
you talked about the white men always that brought religion, I guess what you want is to start practicing gay and lesbianism as white churches do before you know that they are government controlled now.
Why not come out with something more justifiable instead of bringing race into it.
Some people have come out with good points which I agree with some but this your claim lacks basis unless you have something more to say.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 6:33am On Oct 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Nadia love, we should always dress in modesty all the time, going to church or going out to movies to me I wear the same clothes.

Was once bound in a church like that but I walked away, times have changed, if you feel comfy in your trousers then who has the right to tell you otherwise?

The body is the temple of God, as long as its covered wella, nobody will tell me somehow.

One thing though, (your piercing) *hides*
ur name is sorry Go and read exodus 32 and 33 I timothy 2 vs 9
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by samuelkew(m): 8:12am On Oct 01, 2013
Many people love being told what they want to hear- things in line with what they do rather than the truth.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by livingstoneony(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2013
runzlord: dat means every white woman would go to hell?
yes sandra bullocks, lindsay lohan, miley cyrus... Every single white bitch!
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by kezzibee(f): 9:42am On Oct 01, 2013
Please let's not get this wrong! Deut 22:5 says: A woman should not wear what is meant for men. There are trousers meant for women and the ones meant for men. That's what the Bible meant. Back then, women wore gaments and men did too, but there were garments meant for men and tha ones meant for women, so pls don't get this wrong
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by able88(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2013
when jesus was on earth,, what he wore is priestly ordainded attire..ands thats only for the levites as God instructed Aaron in the old testament times....its even same with priets of present days...so dont qoute dat wrong
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by richfaxy: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Bigsolo88:

u r a grown up fool n a product of hell

See the words coming out of ur mouth

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Matt 5:22

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by zealed64: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2013
"Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled. Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together. Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together." (Deuteronomy 22:9-11).

THOSE VERSES IN THAT DEUTERONOMY 22 ARE NEVER TOUCHED BY THOSE WHO EMPHASIZE ON VERSE 5.. WHY??.. LIKE DEUTERONOMY 22 VS 11 SAY'S ---WE SHOULD NOT WEAR WOOLLEN AND LINEN TOGETHER... IS ANY ONE ABIDING TO THAT??.. Please read the whole chapter 22 of DEUTERONOMY..

Ladies wear your trousers o jare...!.
Re: What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? by SenatorJames(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
may3: Make una answer this question, wat was Jesus wearing when he was on earth?
skirt and Blouse with Owanbe head gear.

Are u Basket mouth junior brother?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / 11 Signs Of A Monster Pastor / Enough Of These Lies By Lai Mohammed – CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.