Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (19862 Views)

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Kassidy90(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
uncle jona disappoint me again
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mbulela: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
d19553:

And you think what makes a more better Administrator/Leader is the ability to have the best command of Grammar without any single error.
and what has the likes of people with such quality contributed to Nation Building ? Try look for other better reason for criticism.When there was a rumour about Gbenga Aruleba of AIT sacked , people like you commented on the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1358631/gbenga-aruleba-ait-sacked/4

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by calaharry: 6:03pm On Jul 14

[b]Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by werepeLeri: 6:05pm On Jul 14
Maybe he can now have time to go back to school to learn or study how to speak the English Lanuage properly.

[/b]

People like you who lay more emphasis on perfect English/Grammar as the main prerequisite for a good Leadership is the real enemies of this country .
Please point out my mistakes .........Mr. Grammarian.
People like me? That is a very daft comment to make.
By the way,if you think that Jonathan grasp of the English language is the crux of my post,then you are almost beyond redemption. If you think English lessons is all that it takes to be a good administrator and that is all that GEJ lacks,then i can't help you.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee:
I really don't understand your problem. What's the bone of contention here? It was a spelling error, and you knew quite well that it was because you understood what I was trying to pass across. I didn't even notice the error, not until you called my attention to it. At least correct me, instead of firing salvos at me Mr. Well Educated.
Ooooh! You loved soothing words and appreciate it when constructively criticised ? that means you are still reedeemable , just imagine the pains President Gej would be going through if he were to be personally reading your various posts on his actions and inactions , you will definitely agreed with me that it will be much more than what you are feeling presently so learn to address my President with good manners and you will be my best Friend. NB. My posts about you were not intended to insult but rather to put you in the right state of mind. Cheers!
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by furezra(m): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan's media chat was impressive. That shows the country has a future

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Rilikoko(m): 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Adex097: V.Poor ..his answers to some pivotal issues were too evasive for my liking.

*i thought he was not clueless*

#my-bad# sad

Lol....now u kno bro!

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by 1009ja: 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
GEJ is not known for his charm and charisma. Sunday night was no exception. In these info light speed sdays, leaders inspire changes with their words, body language and deads. And they are captured instantly. GEJ have to tranform his style of relating and communicating to my country people. Most Nigerians see him at the head of a very corrupt government. he can begin to change that with words, body langauge and actions. We dey watch oooooo.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
The presidential chat was poor, very poor, as in very very poor,
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by OdionOdion: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee: I wonder whether I share similar ideas with other people, but I believe that the presidential media chat was a complete sham, and a complete waste of time. I expected more, but Jonathan dissapointed me. If I would rate it, I would rate it poor.
All along, it seems the president doesn't have a clear grasp of happenings, developments and events within the country. And regarding the few issues raised during the chat, he sounded like the issues were quite trivial, and this are burning national issues that expedite actions.
To me overall, the media chat was a complete waste of time and resources, it shouldn't have held. And from all indications it wouldn't change anything.
Obviusly the President made my day the way he handled questions tactfully and intelligently.Those who are disappointed by his responses are the same die hard critics that sees nothing good in this government,I will advise them to take heart and wait till 2019

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by chreldb(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Now I see why GEJ dodged presidential debates. As for all those saying that are saying speech and oration is not an attribute of a good leader I refuse to give into temptation and I would refrain from insulting you. Even a mediocre would not reason like that. You all need a proper education. You all need to travel out of the country and get some exposure. If any body quotes me and says any rubbish be ready for an E war angry angry angry angry. I rest my case.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
ballabriggs: The man is a joke and like I say, the sooner you all do away with him the better for your country Nigeria.

When you have a leader in the 21st century with difficulties in basic communication, such a leader cannot lead you to change. Communicating is a skill, it is an important attribute of a leader, a PhD and a professional. It takes organising your thoughts, letting your thoughts out, receiving feedback, processing feedback in your thoughts and letting it out again. Goodluck Jonathan 'earned a PhD' but lacks the basic attributes of a PhD. Yet he still thinks ASUU's demands are outrageous. The joke is on him.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Afam4eva: It was neither rich nor poor. It wasn't there at all. The guy didn't even answer one question directed at him. He just kept gallivanting and prevaricating and ended up saying nothing. Have you guys heard Fashola, Soludo, Rochas speak before? If voting someone was based on conviction then Jonathan can't convince me even if his life depends on it. But that's not to say that he may not be trying. But trying is really not what we need. We need an economic, power, educational and security revolution and only a leader who understands the issues can get that done. Unfortunately, i don't find palatable what the opposition is bringing to the table, so at the end of the day, we may have to choose the lesser devil.

In your never ending bias, you are still telling Nigerians to vote PDP?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
0lumide:

In your never ending bias, you are still telling Nigerians to vote PDP?
When did i ever tell Nigerians to vote for PDP?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by luvmijeje(f): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
Last night was the first time I felt ashamed of being a Nigerian. The President speech, his attitude and his carriage was so uninspiring, so annoying, so frustrating and so lazy to the extent it got to a point I switch off the tv. The President couldn't list any achievement of his govt and he's now telling us to pray, it's not only pray I will even fast. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by olowop: 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote
author=Caleboha]Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and
religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did
excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more
confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They
give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite
obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of
my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided[/quote] obj na baba okunrin meta Gej nid more training from baba iyawo to me is very poor
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: Ooooh! You loved soothes words and appreciate it when constructively criticised ? that means you are still reedeemable , just imagine the pains President Gej would be going through if he were to be personally reading your various posts on his actions and inactions , you will definitely agreed with me that it will be much more than what you are feeling presently so learn to address my President with good manners and you will be my best Friend. NB. My posts about you were not intended to insult but rather to put you in the right state of mind. Cheers!
Mr. Marmalade or I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ it Mr. Manmade. Please for the records, I would like you to retype what you just typed here. Maybe you didn't Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ it, but its got grammatical aberrations. Maybe typographical errors...well it can be forgiven. But I feel bad when people like you type like this, and yet you are trying to correct other peoples grammatical flaws.
Teacher don't teach me nonsense!
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Abbey2sam:

Who let this baboon called Abbey2Sam out of it cage?
What are you saying? I bet I am not a good speaker myself

I have no reason to doubt you and I appreciate your honesty keep It up.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by legalcode(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Question on President Jonathan Declaring To contest in 2015 Election.

Response from President Jonathan

"If you want to contest for President, you can contest, you don't have to wait for Mr. Jonathan to declare your ambition....
"Whether I'm contesting or not shouldn't be an issue. If Mr. A wants to contest my not contesting or not should not affect him".
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee:
Mr. Manmade pls forgive me for typing rubbish the other time it was not my fault I took weed before coming to post on Nairaland
My boy your sins are forgiven go and sin no more.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr. Manmade. Tnk God you've realized that you were typing gibberish since morning. I guess your brain was overheated in the microwave. But you are now in your right frame of mind.
Well Its okay my boy your sins are forgiven go and sin no more.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: Zeenopee, Tnk God you've realized that you were typing gibberish since morning. I guess your brain was overheated in the microwave. But you are now in your right frame of mind.
Well Its okay my boy your sins are forgiven go and sin no more.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by funmeme(f): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some mischief makers are only chasing shadows. The President does not need to speak like Obama to get the JOB DONE. Some of his predecessors, including the Great Zik, were powerful speakers but how did that change Nigeria? Nigeria does not need motivational speaker as president. What we need is an educated, focused, creative, firm, sincere and hardworking president who will GET THE JOB DONE.

These same elements talking of inspiring speeches were in 2011 trying to force Buhari down our throat. Is Buhari a better speaker than GEJ? Haters are perpetually looking for reasons to HATE.

What is this one saying by comparing GEJ to Buhari?

We are not talking about acsent, he's talking about being intelligent and confident.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: I am sorry Mr. Zenopee, my brain was overheated in the microwave, reasons why I took picks at you.

Its okay Manmade. I have forgiven you, but next time be extra careful when warming up your brain. Overheating can destroy your tinking and comprehension abilities.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: Mr. Zenopee I guess I need a break, I have got to rest my head.

Its okay Manmade. Pls go rest your weary head.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee:
Hope you've forgiven me?
Its okay Manmade, Pls don't mind my foolish behaviour .
alright my boy.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by dolapo023: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
I was so dissapointed
For reliable way of clearing and forwarding ur goods at Lagos kindly call this number: 07035092099 or email us at dolapo.hameed@gmail.com
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: Zenopee: hope you've forgiven me? Don't mind my silly behaviour the other time. I can be erratic sometimes, especially when my brain I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ overheated.

Its okay Manmade. I understand your predicament. Reasons why naija must get better. Ppl lyk U nid to be given special attention. It I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ okay my boy, just go give yourself self some rest. I have forgiven you wit all my heart.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade :

Its okay Zeenopee. I understand your predicament. Reasons why naija must get better. Ppl lyk U nid to be given special attention. It I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ okay my boy, just go give yourself self some rest. I have forgiven you wit all my heart.
its like you are deaf and dumb ?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: Mr. Zenopee, its like I am are deaf and dumb

You mean you are deaf and dumb?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by kinguwem: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
Caleboha: Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided
Has Nigeria ever had a President nigerians were proud of before? We are use to abusing & embarassing our leaders. For record purposes, GEJ has performed more than previous leaders despite the security challenges.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by holajhdeee(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Worst
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by PrinceNwokeji: 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Quite impressive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri / ‘why Buhari Appointed No Ambassadorial Nominees From Bayelsa, Taraba, Others’ / Ambode Targets 3000MW 24HR Power Generation For Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.