Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,569 members, 7,955,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (20000 Views)

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by macherie1: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Reading the comments on this Topic makes me weep for Nigeria. It's very painful how pple celebrate mediocrity when it is very clear that GEJ evidently lacks all it takes to be a good leader.

Can anyone mention the basic achievement of Jonathan in this country since he was electced?

Today, I went to the university I graduated from to get an important letter but there was no one to sign because SSANU is on strike. Then I left for PHCN office to purchase credit and I met the gates locked.PHCN had gone on strike too. Tomorrow, resident doctors nationwide will go on strike and some pple will ask me how it is jonathan's fault? Where is the hope for this country wit so much mediocrity and hypocrisy coming from we the citizens? Shame! shame! shame!

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee:

You mean I am deaf and dumb?
yes o
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Jehem: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
slawbaba: mr President answers to some questions was very poor .Even the president doesn't know if boko haram still has a leader, he doesn't know when ASUU strike will end .This answers shows that he is not in charge

Why are you sounding as if your head is empty? Did the President say he doesn't know if boko haram has a leader or he said he doesn't know if the leader is truly dead or alive due to the consequence of the gun battle shoot out he encountered with nigerian soldiers. Pls think before you talk.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Vires: 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
very disappointing and evasive
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Vires: 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
tbaba1234: Quite horrific to be honest. How can we expect the president to deal with corruption when he is out of touch with the scale of the problem? Perception indeed!!

Thoroughly disappointed.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Vires: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
publisher: Mr President was also spot on about CORRUPTION. Countries like Russia, India and Indonesia have ridiculous rates of corruption but are still making great economic progress.
Infrastructures and access to finance is key. If a corrupt Nigerian builds a power plant (with stolen money) that employs thousands and provides constant electricity will anybody complain?

Some Nigerians are just looking for sweet talking bravadoish Messiahs that end up achieving very little.

How do you want access to finance and infrastructure, when most of the ppl involved are en meshed in corruption ?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: Iam deaf and dumb

No wonder! That's why you have been typing gibberish since morning. Well it I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ well. The Lord I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ your strength.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee:
I am deaf and dumb that's why ï have been typing gibberish since morning. Well it I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ well. The Lord I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ my strength.
I'm speechless.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by nagoma(m): 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
:

SHAME embarassed embarassed !! We are not a serious Nation.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Sajio(m): 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Caleboha: Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided
. What do u miss about Obj? Isn't he part of the problem we are facing today? Obj is the worst ever president Nigeria has ever had! I would rather preferred Abacha †̥ your so called Obj! Where is Delta Steel Company today? Its privatisation went †̥ Obj's purse ryt, and had its natural death after Obj's tenure! I wish you know thousands of people whom their job terminated after his regime!! Its ryt tym we stop praising these our evil leaders and call a spade...... a spade! There's No way u can compare Obj †̥ Gej. They are of different Orientation! You can only see the good work of Gej, when you broaden up ur heart!

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Sajio(m): 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Caleboha: Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by papat26(m): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
let u pple live GEJ alone stop being centimentalist its very wrong if its ur broda de told dat de will his goverment ungovernoable wat will do answer dat
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
papat26: let u pple live GEJ alone stop being centimentalist its very wrong if its ur broda de told dat de will his goverment ungovernoable wat will do answer dat
Centimentalist!!! What will do answer!!! Haba! Must we type in English at all times? @ Papat, pls nxt time type in your mother tongue. Am straining my eyes to make meaning out of what you just typed.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: I'm deaf and dumb, that's why I am speechless.

I thought as much.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by dammycruz: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
As for me z performance is very poor,and at d same time he as caused lot of hardship 4 nigeria.1)removal of subsidy,wich was propose 2 use 2 build refinery but yet notin..2)d ASUU strike,in wich d president and his cabinet are not takin serious nd lot more problem.53yrs of independence we haven't achieve anytin then y are we celebrate.GOD av mercy
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Expsbterror(m): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: People like you always take delight in misleading young ones simply because you were misled when you had the Opportunity of making the right choice, now tell me to the hearing of the whole world what benefits the supposed good orators you and the past generations had been voting for have done this Country other than to be sugar talked and given empty promises, was Moses of Biblical period a good orator ? Did that stop God from using him to liberate the Israelite? Gej was chosen by God to reform this Country even a blind man could easily discerns this,I wouldn't bother to ask you what position of Leadership your supposed/acclaimed good Oratory has gotten you to in life because as @ today I'm c ock sure you aren't greater than Gej.

u can call me nameless by d way.
Nw I ddnt gt an opportunity to watch the 2nd presidential chat, so I can't analyse ntn nw. I was opportuned to watch the 1st chat last year.
From ma own critical analyses, orating nd motivational speaking is jst some propaganda to give HOPE to the masses.. If a person has a poor comm nd conversation bt has a gud output.. Den Y d issue. Is it good speech dat brings about effects? After all there is a proverb that says ""Action speaks Louder dan voice"".

From his last year chat I watched nd wat he promised, at least let's say 50% is been achieved so I hope nd pray he puts in more effort.
D problem of Nigeria is to d fact dat we have Not a single Patriot in d country rather bunch of traitors....
Long live d president, long live d Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by beordune(m): 6:29am On Oct 01, 2013
cashkid18: very impressive at least hvin d courage to host unlike obj dt did nt host it in his entire tenure..dis shows dt he is workin n he knows dt he is workin dts y he did it

Aww, welcome! I guess you just came back from whereever you had travelled to..
Why not allow those who resides here in the country speak about what programme they have seen in the past.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mbulela: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2013
100%9ja:
GEJ is not known for his charm and charisma.
What exactly is he known for?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by emmyoha87(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
cashkid18: very impressive at least hvin d courage to host unlike obj dt did nt host it in his entire tenure..dis shows dt he is workin n he knows dt he is workin dts y he did it

Sorry bro Obj hosted in his time.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by emmyoha87(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
GEJ's a good man,though he lacks d know-how on how to get the job done,he wld get a second term then I believe he would set a precedent for the next leaders to follow,@ least d level of political awareness wld be on d big-time high.... smiley
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by nagoma(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
emmyoha87: GEJ's a good man,though he lacks d know-how on how to get the job done,he wld get a second term then I believe he would set a precedent for the next leaders to follow,@ least d level of political awareness wld be on d big-time high.... smiley

Why do you have to write if you have nothing to say?
emmyoha87: GEJ's a good man,though he lacks d know-how on how to get the job done,he wld get a second term then I believe he would set a precedent for the next leaders to follow,@ least d level of political awareness wld be on d big-time high.... smiley

Why do you have to write if you have nothing to say?
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 12:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Expsbterror:

u can call me nameless by d way.
Nw I ddnt gt an opportunity to watch the 2nd presidential chat, so I can't analyse ntn nw. I was opportuned to watch the 1st chat last year.
From ma own critical analyses, orating nd motivational speaking is jst some propaganda to give HOPE to the masses.. If a person has a poor comm nd conversation bt has a gud output.. Den Y d issue. Is it good speech dat brings about effects? After all there is a proverb that says ""Action speaks Louder dan voice"".

From his last year chat I watched nd wat he promised, at least let's say 50% is been achieved so I hope nd pray he puts in more effort.
D problem of Nigeria is to d fact dat we have Not a single Patriot in d country rather bunch of traitors....
Long live d president, long live d Federal Republic of Nigeria.
May God bless this good man called Expsbterror and punish all blind sycophants like Zeenopee.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Omooba77: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
manmade: May God bless this good man called Expsbterror and punish all blind sycophants like Zeenopee.
Many Nigerians are pessimistic to core;may God help us in this nation. People just want to pull others down at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by porka: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
zenopee:
I really don't understand your problem. What's the bone of contention here? It was a spelling error, and you knew quite well that it was because you understood what I was trying to pass across. I didn't even notice the error, not until you called my attention to it. At least correct me, instead of firing salvos at me Mr. Well Educated.

Ha ha ha ha ha !!!

You were caught in your own web.

Now you are on the defensive.

Meanwhile, this is just an informal online anonymous written (not even spoken) setting.

Think of a real life situation man.

But the president can certainly do more than that.

His handlers should focus on getting him out more frequently.

His confidence level has improved more than the previous chat(s) though.

And his grasp of some issues are well okay.

His diction should be brushed up.

He should avoid some phrases like "we are trying..."

A president should be authoritative, without being dictatorial, especially on the issue of security.

And since Boko Haram is doing more than "trying..."

Expertise is built on frequency, let him do this at least every six weeks if he can't do it monthly.

Too much of talking too will bore people.

By and large, Presidential Television and Radio chats, just like political debates appeal to the intellectuals and the more older population.

The "new media" or social media appeals more to the younger people, he seems to be doing fine there.

Score - 59%

The Channels TV lady tried to be assertive.

However, it was almost turning to insolence at a point.

You don't interrupt a president abruptly.

You don't use words like "... I am coming" to the president of a country.

You allow him to interject if he wanted to and make his point then you can ask your question again or re-frame it.

She dares not try that with John Momoh even.

One of the team on Sunrise Daily who have done it many times would have been better.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Zenopee: May God bless this good man called Zenopee and punish all blind, deaf and stupid sycophants like Manmade.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
zenopee:

I initially thought i had some sense in this my empty skull , now I know the truth. I am noting but a senseless dumb nitwit. Evrybody I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ entitled 2 his own opinion. I've got my opinion, which I knew is baseless. The initial post was how we you rate the president's speech, I don't how I took it far by hurling insults at Mr President? My posts aptly shows my level of intelligence and its full of many spellings errors and grammatical blunders,if u are still in doubt check my last post on the guy called manmade wherein I used the word WILL instead of WE when trying to explained somethings about the title of this Thread .Pls don't blame me, my case isn't strange. We've got many l yk me roaming the streets, with sum ending up in the sanitarium, cos ppl lyk me fail 2 use my God given intelligence. Its a pity! Pls Nairalanders forgive me
Over to the good people of Nairaland, a Prodigal son is back asking us to Forgive him. Pls click on like if u find it in your heart to forgive him.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 03, 2013
manmade: Sometimes when am high on weed and ogogoro, my brain goes haywire, but Zenopee and fellow nairalanders, forgive all the rubbish have been typing here. Its true we are all entitled 2 our opinions, but I like this Jonathan man no be small, that's why I had to insult some ppl. I hate when ppl talk about our dear president anyhow. Pls forgive me once more .

Over to the good people of Nairaland, a Prodigal son is back asking us to Forgive him. Pls click on like if u find it in your heart to forgive him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Long Queue This Morning At Mobil Filling-Station Akowonjo Lagos - Pics / New Minimum Wage: Falana Reveals Why It’s Illegal For Governors To Determine Amo / Saraki Must Go – Senator Ali Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.