Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (19875 Views)

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by la1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
At best,his performance was mediocre...but no surprises there i guess.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by docadams: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
@visalo. In trying to act the teacher's role, I am afraid, you became the pupil instead. And even the president missed the wider meaning. Note well that poverty can be used to qualify many situations, e.g. material state, intellect, morals, mind, health, etc. The major reason for the onset and proliferation of terrorism is not necessarily financial but poverty of the mind. That alone provides abundant tenancy for evil thoughts. This I believe is the root cause of terrorism in Nigeria today not minding that it intertwines with monetary gains and, most times, amnesty.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by A12(m): 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by muktarmtt(m): 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
U r big fool 2 say dat bush man mtsw
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by A12(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
99% National media rubbish & Waste of time + General Power Outage. God save NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by chucky234(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
divinelove: very sincere media chat, quite impressive
You prolly have a different definition of the word "impressive" from what my dictionary taught me.
GEJ performed woefully as expected.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by BrightCar: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee: I wonder whether I share similar ideas with other people, but I believe that the presidential media chat was a complete sham, and a complete waste of time. I expected more, but Jonathan dissapointed me. If I would rate it, I would rate it poor.
All along, it seems the president doesn't have a clear grasp of happenings, developments and events within the country. And regarding the few issues raised during the chat, he sounded like the issues were quite trivial, and this are burning national issues that expedite actions.
To me overall, the media chat was a complete waste of time and resources, it shouldn't have held. And from all indications it wouldn't change anything.
@OP, YOUR ANALYSIS IS VERY WRONG, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU LISTENED WELL OR IF THERE WAS AUDIO PROBLEM WITH YOUR SET. OUR PRESIDENT IS VERY INTELLIGENT, WITH A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR WHO HAS A VISION AND A MISSION FOR NIGERIA, DESPITE THE ANTECEDENTS OF ANTI-PROGRESIVES. NIGERIA FOR A LONG TIME HAS NOT HAD SUCH AN INTELLECTUAL AND A NATIONAL WHO IS NEVER BIAS IN HIS ACTIONS, AS A PRESEIDENT. GOD BLESS GEJ, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by dbymichael(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
all I need is a president like jerry rawlings. if GEJ cant act like jerry then he shld vacate dat seat. angry
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
slimikenna: i was thoroughly impressed. He may not be the best orator, but he is a good achiever.

they say 70% of Nigerians are illiterates which is why president, obj inclusive, use basic english during their pmc to enable better understanding by a greater number of people.
Someone was rambling, fidgety and his words where quite incoherent on screen, and yet you still call that enabling better understanding by a greater number of people? Yes you don't need to a be a great orator 2 impress people, but you also need intelligence and shrewdness to impress them, and from the way Jonathan spoke during the media chat, it was clear he lacked this 2 attributes, and he really needs to go work on those lapses.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by awodman: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
dby_michael: all I need is a president like jerry rawlings. if GEJ cant act like jerry then he shld vacate dat seat. angry
But rawlings wasn't a democratically elected leader...he didn't have to contend with seperation of powers
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
docadams: @visalo. In trying to act the teacher's role, I am afraid, you became the pupil instead. And even the president missed the wider meaning. Note well that poverty can be used to qualify many situations, e.g. material state, intellect, morals, mind, health, etc. The major reason for the onset and proliferation of terrorism is not necessarily financial but poverty of the mind. That alone provides abundant tenancy for evil thoughts. This I believe is the root cause of terrorism in Nigeria today not minding that it intertwines with monetary gains and, most times, amnesty.
Brilliant analysis. You've hit a very important point there that needs critical reflection. Poverty of the mind I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ the bane of Nigeria's ills.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by karpentar: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee: I wonder whether I share similar ideas with other people, but I believe that the presidential media chat was a complete sham, and a complete waste of time. I expected more, but Jonathan dissapointed me. If I would rate it, I would rate it poor.
All along, it seems the president doesn't have a clear grasp of happenings, developments and events within the country. And regarding the few issues raised during the chat, he sounded like the issues were quite trivial, and this are burning national issues that expedite actions.
To me overall, the media chat was a complete waste of time and resources, it shouldn't have held. And from all indications it wouldn't change anything.

Your biased mind is glaring. This is the best presidential chart from any Nigerian president ever. There was no single question that GEJ didn't address completely. My support for GEJ has gone up.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ikweremilitant: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
apc propaganda agent we wil expose all of u
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by adegwurulez(m): 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
tbaba1234: What did the president call hitler again?
adolphus
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by adegwurulez(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
tbaba1234: What did the president call hitler again?
adolphus grin
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Ebobi(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mediocrity is worse than corruption! The media chat was a shame...it only showed the insensitivity of the government of the day

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by hanzofresh: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
BrightCar: @OP, YOUR ANALYSIS IS VERY WRONG, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU LISTENED WELL OR IF THERE WAS AUDIO PROBLEM WITH YOUR SET. OUR PRESIDENT IS VERY INTELLIGENT, WITH A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR WHO HAS A VISION AND A MISSION FOR NIGERIA, DESPITE THE ANTECEDENTS OF ANTI-PROGRESIVES. NIGERIA FOR A LONG TIME HAS NOT HAD SUCH AN INTELLECTUAL AND A NATIONAL WHO IS NEVER BIAS IN HIS ACTIONS, AS A PRESEIDENT. GOD BLESS GEJ, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Well its my opinion, and this I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ your opinion. You are entitled 2 yours, am entitled 2 mine, but my problem I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ your description of Jonathan's good sense of humour. When one fidgets unnecessarily and opens his teeth unintelligently, do we call it a sense of humour? Well maybe humour has got a new meaning.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
karpentar:

Your biased mind is glaring. This is the best presidential chart from any Nigerian president ever. There was no single question that GEJ didn't address completely. My support for GEJ has gone up.
Well you are entitled 2 your opinion, am entitled 2 mine. But I would prefer if you correct the CHART to CHAT because they connote completely different things.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by lakurot: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
I AM VERY SURE THIS SAME GEJ WILL BE ABSENT AT 2015 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by sollygreat: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Some of u can't lead an ordinary group in ur various organizations, yet u are busy condeming ur president, GEJ.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Those that are quick to point out former leaders of Nigeria as also not being eloquent and poor during media chat are like the President himself. The President is quick to point out that it is not only what we think are bad are happening. If this set of people manage to get to the position of the President, one thing is sure: we will keep on going round a circle.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
lakurot: I AM VERY SURE THIS SAME GEJ WILL BE ABSENT AT 2015 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.
Lolz. Well let's hope Nigerians grow up.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
sexkillz: one day Endtime things will face what he is currently doing to sexkillz

#teamsexkillzmuststay
https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-stay/9
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
sollygreat: Some of u can't lead an ordinary group in ur various organizations, yet u are busy condeming ur president, GEJ.
That shouldn't be a justification for the President's performance.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mbulela: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
We are more interested in making sure there is no money to steal -GEJ
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mbulela: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
mbulela: We are more interested in making sure there is no money to steal -GEJ
In saner societies,this man's PHD would have been probed long ago.
What kind of system throws up such an inept man to lead a country at such cross roads?
All those supporting this man are the true enemies of this country.
Even if we must have a south south president,is this the best the ND can do?
This man cannot run a piss up in a brewery talk less of running a country.
Only God can use an instrument this dull to perform miracles.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by polosky: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: People like you always take delight in misleading young ones simply because you were misled when you had the Opportunity of making the right choice, now tell me to the hearing of the whole world what benefits the supposed good orators you and the past generations had been voting for have done this Country other than to be sugar talked and given empty promises, was Moses of Biblical period a good orator ? Did that stop God from using him to liberate the Israelite? Gej was chosen by God to reform this Country even a blind man could easily discerns this,I wouldn't bother to ask you what position of Leadership your supposed/acclaimed good Oratory has gotten you to in life because as @ today I'm c ock sure you aren't greater than Gej.
Nooooo! Brother why u dey talk like dis na, GEJ has no staff like moses that turns to snake.......so he was not chosen by God rather if u say he was lucky, i agree with u. So please don't mislead youth out there

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by d19553: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
And what and how do you expect him to respond to the questions, As a President i expect him to say Bla Bla Bla ..... to question on Corruption etc , i think most of us that just come up here to express our ill feelings about what the President said, would you personally have done better ....... ? when there is hatred about someone , sentiments set in , be objective , say things how they are , i am not a fan of anyone , GEJ is not perfect , it is impressive, When your expectation is not met by someone in speech , how do you rate your expectation as best.
If the President sound Undemocratic and more forceful , you same haters would come up here to spew rubbish .He would not talk the way you wanted him .
Haters get more Annoyed. Oya........
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mbulela: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
largeman4u: Our president is not so intelligent, but he is trying his Best. So that count against him in the Chat.
i feel so Impressed whenever Govt Fashola Speaks... i wonder why we have a president with Local Government IQ.
because we have a system that promotes and cultivates same.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by d19553: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
mbulela:
In saner societies,this man's PHD would have been probed long ago.
What kind of system throws up such an inept man to lead a country at such cross roads?
All those supporting this man are the true enemies of this country.
Even if we must have a south south president,is this the best the ND can do?
This man cannot run a piss up in a brewery talk less of running a country.
Only God can use an instrument this dull to perform miracles.

And you think what makes a more better Administrator/Leader is the ability to have the best command of Grammar without any single error.
and what has the likes of people with such quality contributed to Nation Building ? Try look for other better reason for criticism.When there was a rumour about Gbenga Aruleba of AIT sacked , people like you commented on the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1358631/gbenga-aruleba-ait-sacked/4

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by calaharry: 6:03pm On Jul 14

[b]Re: Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! by werepeLeri: 6:05pm On Jul 14
Maybe he can now have time to go back to school to learn or study how to speak the English Lanuage properly.

[/b]

People like you who lay more emphasis on perfect English/Grammar as the main prerequisite for a good Leadership is the real enemies of this country .
Please point out my mistakes .........Mr. Grammarian.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Abelbenker(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
dis is wat he owes us as citizens, if u are labelling him d best president because of d media chat,den u are part of those suffering from the poverty of the mind: a situation wen u do not knw ur right as a citizen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Threatened To Shutdown TV Station That Granted Me Interview - FFK / PHOTOS: Mimiko Helps In Packing Refuse / PDP Seeks Review Of Supreme Court Judgment On 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.