Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (19871 Views)

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: If @ your age and your level of education, you don't know the difference between WORD and WORK then you have no moral justification to insult Gej on the issue @ hand.
I really don't understand your problem. What's the bone of contention here? It was a spelling error, and you knew quite well that it was because you understood what I was trying to pass across. I didn't even notice the error, not until you called my attention to it. At least correct me, instead of firing salvos at me Mr. Well Educated.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Bizibi(m): 9:50am On Sep 30, 2013
I hate criticising without solution,he is my president and i pray for him to overcome the challenges he is facing but nigerians just love hate......i pray this country and the people change,i knw it wont be a day job but i knw with time nigerians will begin to realize themselves

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by slawbaba: 9:50am On Sep 30, 2013
mr President answers to some questions was very poor .Even the president doesn't know if boko haram still has a leader, he doesn't know when ASUU strike will end .This answers shows that he is not in charge

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Davo93(m): 9:51am On Sep 30, 2013
Fair
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by 1shortblackboy: 9:51am On Sep 30, 2013
Didn't watch wetin Ein talk
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Policewoman(f): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee: I wonder whether I share similar ideas with other people, but I believe that the presidential media chat was a complete sham, and a complete waste of time. I expected more, but Jonathan dissapointed me. If I would rate it, I would rate it poor.
All along, it seems the president doesn't have a clear grasp of happenings, developments and events within the country. And regarding the few issues raised during the chat, he sounded like the issues were quite trivial, and this are burning national issues that expedite actions.
To me overall, the media chat was a complete waste of time and resources, it shouldn't have held. And from all indications it wouldn't change anything.
I will rate it above average. Like 60 percent.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Chukwutobi: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Wether him do well or not, let's leave him cos his case be lyk dat of monkey: monkey no fine but him mama like am.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by oladapoa1(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some mischief makers are only chasing shadows. The President does not need to speak like Obama to get the JOB DONE. Some of his predecessors, including the Great Zik, were powerful speakers but how did that change Nigeria? Nigeria does not need motivational speaker as president. What we need is an educated, focused, creative, firm, sincere and hardworking president who will GET THE JOB DONE.

These same elements talking of inspiring speeches were in 2011 trying to force Buhari down our throat. Is Buhari a better speaker than GEJ? Haters are perpetually looking for reasons to HATE.
Bros speech matters alot o o. Esp in Nigeria that has accepted the American culture the time of Great Zik! Things were very much far better off. Dont bring them into this shame we are now. Those people were leaders not looters

5 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Omooba77: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2013
I wonder what most of us youth see is negativity about this land, there is something good about the land. The President did well. God bless Nigeria..........

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2013
EndTimeThings: one day GEJ will face what we're currently doing to sexkillz

#teamsexkillzmustgo
https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-go/9

I love ur username.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by cashkid18(m): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2013
Caleboha: Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided
ezi,wat did obj do if nt only lootin lyk his yoruba folks..if he had done half of wat gej is doin nw dont u tink nig wud been a better place.bt he was only busy lootin wit d likes of ffk
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by solidman59(m): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2013
My most honest response if u ask me is that the media chat was highly impressive. It's good sometimes to have a little chit chat with the president. And best of all, he's my namesake and a blessing to Nigeria.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Afam4eva(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2013
It was neither rich nor poor. It wasn't there at all. The guy didn't even answer one question directed at him. He just kept gallivanting and prevaricating and ended up saying nothing. Have you guys heard Fashola, Soludo, Rochas speak before? If voting someone was based on conviction then Jonathan can't convince me even if his life depends on it. But that's not to say that he may not be trying. But trying is really not what we need. We need an economic, power, educational and security revolution and only a leader who understands the issues can get that done. Unfortunately, i don't find palatable what the opposition is bringing to the table, so at the end of the day, we may have to choose the lesser devil.

7 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Adex097: 9:57am On Sep 30, 2013
V.Poor ..his answers to some pivotal issues were too evasive for my liking.

*i thought he was not clueless*

#my-bad# sad

5 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by MAHMOUD04: 9:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Caleboha: Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided
I pitty those praising gej despite the blunder

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by moodswing(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Fantastically impressive.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by XVIER(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TV

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ogazi007(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2013
poor
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by joseph1832(m): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2013
I wonder when we Nigerians will really come to learn that "action speaks louder than words".

Empty words that was all what GEJ spewed! And if am to rate it, I'll rate it impressive.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by crackhaus: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2013
Anyone else notice that President Jonathan always seemed to laugh at any given opportunity? Little wonder, many people don't take him seriously.
How can you be talking about a situation involving the loss of innocent lives, a terrorist organization on the loose in your territory, security challenges...and at best, the man could not keep a straight face or act serious...
There was another instance where a question was asked (can't remember the question now), and the best answer a President, leader of a nation of at least 140million people could come up with was, "errrm, I don't know....err, I really don't know".

Well done GEJ, you sabi your work no be small.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by bima06: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2013
average
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ballabriggs: 10:03am On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: People like you always take delight in misleading young ones simply because you were misled when you had the Opportunity of making the right choice, now tell me to the hearing of the whole world what benefits the supposed good orators you and the past generations had been voting for have done this Country other than to be sugar talked and given empty promises, was Moses of Biblical period a good orator ? Did that stop God from using him to liberate the Israelite? Gej was chosen by God to reform this Country even a blind man could easily discerns this,I wouldn't bother to ask you what position of Leadership your supposed/acclaimed good Oratory has gotten you to in life because as @ today I'm c ock sure you aren't greater than Gej.

Unfortunately for you, you are living in the stone age. This is the 21st century where we emphasise communication as one of the qualities of a good leader. To compete as an organisation and as a country in this century, you need leaders with sound communication skills as you will very often have to communicate policy and strategy to both internal and external stakeholders. You cannot escape it! Reason why most organisations look at this trait when searching for future leaders. It should be the same when searching for a leader of the most powerful black nation on earth else we are seen as unserious people.

Now Goodluck Jonathan is a PhD, yet he gets his basic tenses wrong. How pathetic! Now I can even excuse that, however, how is it possible that a PhD does not know how to answer questions. Listen here, a doctorate is about seeking answers to questions. It's about developing a questioning attitude. It is about asking why do I have a situation, tasks to resolve, accomplishment and results. If he can organise his thoughts that way, he will be fine. However all I see is a man rambling on TV. You find it difficult to link one sentence with the next.

7 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Uteghe(m): 10:03am On Sep 30, 2013
True,GEJ is really hard pressed getting grasp of developmental issues that task the intellect. His elocution is disjointed and woven in puzzling zig zag such that if you are cerebral and you listen to GEJ often you may end up being dull. But let's face it and be fair to him;according to wikileaks,he had confessed to Robin Sanders,then US ambassador that he lacks the 'administrative competence' to govern Nigeria,but due to the parochialization of politics in Nigeria and OBJ's goading,he was pressured to contest and today he's a total disaster.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 30, 2013
NTA messed the whole thing up
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by theoctopus: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2013
tbaba1234: Quite horrific to be honest. How can we expect the president to deal with corruption when he is out of touch with the scale of the problem? Perception indeed!!

Thoroughly disappointed.

Of course he was very right. It is absolutely perception! What scale of problem? Most of the corruption figures being branded out there are not based on facts! Just conjectures from opposition trying to discredit the president. Please do you have any evidence of corruption against GEJ? Have you ever seen one. All you see are baseless and fake accusations from twitters foools like El Rufai

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by XVIER(m): 10:04am On Sep 30, 2013
LOOK AT THE WAY HE WAS SEATED YESTERDAY

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by wellmax(m): 10:04am On Sep 30, 2013
VERY POOR and SO UNIMPRESSIVE.

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by tbaba1234: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2013
Omooba77: I wonder what most of us youth see is negativity about this land, there is something good about the land. The President did well. God bless Nigeria..........

It is not about negativity, the president could not give concrete answers to pivotal issues.

If a president believes that corruption in Nigeria is not that bad then how do we ever expect to fight it?

We have to be honest with ourselves.

I am from the south south but I can not support this man.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by martindgre: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2013
From the time I joined the program this was an excellent interview because he was sincere not trying to maradona any one. When ask about corruption he proffered solution via the rule of law which is all about strengthen the institutions, and blocking lop holes from which people can steal. On boko haram he said he's not sure if he is dead. I see this president as an honest and straight forward personality.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2013
Afam4eva: It was neither rich nor poor. It wasn't there at all. The guy didn't even answer one question directed at him. He just kept gallivanting and prevaricating and ended up saying nothing. Have you guys heard Fashola, Soludo, Rochas speak before? If voting someone was based on conviction then Jonathan can't convince me even if his life depends on it. But that's not to say that he may not be trying. But trying is really not what we need. We need an economic, power, educational and security revolution and only a leader who understands the issues can get that done. Unfortunately, i don't find palatable what the opposition is bringing to the table, so at the end of the day, we may have to choose the lesser devil.
Uhmmmmm. You've got a point there.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by SirCee: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2013
The truth remains the truth, Mr President is too 'good' for Nigeria.
What Nigeria needs is an action PRESIDENT and not the president that will be biting his tongue before he talks.
Mr President is saying the he inherited BOKO HARAM, which means he has no solution to it.
Nigerians voted for him to solve our problems whether the issue is new or old.
So I expected him to profer solutuion to what ever Nigeria issues are.
However, he did well in some aspect and I trust he can still do better.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Different Protesting Groups At PDP Headquarters In Abuja. Photos / Yoruba Youths Support Operation Crocodile Smile / This Is The Most Beautiful And Hottest Nigerian Newscaster Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.