Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519319 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Hidentity(m): 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
jnrbayano:

You are highly welcomed.

feel at home and visit as often as you can.
Thanks brother.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Hidentity(m): 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:

hey dear,

you're welcome, feel free to drop in here anytime to drop questions, prayer, encouragement, or just join in the discussion.

This is your home, welcome.

Let me wait for the welcoming squad
Thanks a lot.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2014
Good morning all and wishing you a happy Sunday. Please may we continue to have our priests and bishops in our prayers as we learn that the bishop of Arundel & Brighton UK has resigned after been unfaithful to his priestly promises. We pray for strength and fortitude as they carry on their priestly vocation.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2014
Hi everyone.

This weekend I was opportuned to witness the universality of our faith at Lourdes. In the evening by 9pm, people of all nations would gather in honour of Our Lady to pray rhe rosary in procession. The decades are said in different languages but you respond in yours. So many people, One faith

I am so proud to be Catholic.

Also there is a candle burning at Lourdes for the intentions of all who have ever posted or read this thread. May the good Lord answer our prayer. Immaculate Conception pray for us

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2014
Happy sunday friends. Happy new week too kiss . October is at the corner. Are we ready for october devotion?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2014
IFY124: Happy sunday friends. Happy new week too kiss . October is at the corner. Are we ready for october devotion?
YES
I failed woefully at May devotion. I know and will make extra effort to do better this October

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2014
babestell:
YES
I failed woefully at May devotion. I know and will make extra effort to do better this October
May God help us
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
babestell: Hi everyone.

This weekend I was opportuned to witness the universality of our faith at Lourdes. In the evening by 9pm, people of all nations would gather in honour of Our Lady to pray rhe rosary in procession. The decades are said in different languages but you respond in yours. So many people, One faith

Also there is a candle burning at Lourdes for the intentions of all who have ever posted or read this thread. May the good Lord answer our prayer. Immaculate Conception pray for us

Thanks dear and thanks to God Almighty for the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic church. I say AMEN on the burning candle as I tap in for my intentions too.

Wishing all a happy Sunday, blessed week and a fruitful October in advance.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2014

Pray for us dear mother.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
Praise be to Jesus, Honour to Mary!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
bluerange: Praise be to Jesus, Honour to Mary!
Long time my dear sister... How are you doing...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2014

Splendid! God bless you for your good thoughts on us, May the blessed Virgin pray for us all.

A splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hello my beautiful brethren. AVE MARIA
I have a testimony to share.
My testimony is, I started a 54days rosary novena on a particular petition, lo and behold on the 19th day of the rosary JESUS the son of David grant my request. I'm so happy. Please every catholic should say a hail mary to my Mother, Virgin MARY the Comforter of the Afflicted.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mum4all: Hello my beautiful brethren. AVE MARIA
My testimony is, I started a 54days rosary novena on a particular petition, lo and behold on the 19th day of the rosary JESUS the son of David grant my request. I'm so happy. Please every catholic should say a hail mary to my Mother, Virgin MARY the Comforter of the Afflicted.

May God be praised for the mercies He bestows. We rejoice with you. One Hail Mary Said.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2014

So happy for you.

Otito diri Jesu!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
IFY124: Happy sunday friends. Happy new week too kiss . October is at the corner. Are we ready for october devotion?

You are right sis, especially to anyone who the words below speaks to:

"...The road from light into darkness begins slowly. It is like a twilight. The person still believes, still practices their faith, but in certain areas of life they begin to leave God’s law behind. Attractions grow that were never tolerated before. Religious practices become secondary and routine. The flower is cut off from its deep roots of faith and no longer draws nourishment from the soil.

The person can no longer fight the culture and soon becomes one with it. The joys found in religious practices fade and the heart is consumed with worldly goals. The soul becomes powerless in the face of temptations and more and more succumbs to a lifestyle that it would previously have rejected.

The soul has not yet fallen into darkness but it skirts the edges, stumbles often, rises slowly and is greatly weakened while Satan waits for his moment, ready to claim a soul that had lived in the light...".

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
btoks: Good morning all and wishing you a happy Sunday. Please may we continue to have our priests and bishops in our prayers as we learn that the bishop of Arundel & Brighton UK has resigned after been unfaithful to his priestly promises. We pray for strength and fortitude as they carry on their priestly vocation.

May the Lord of the Vineyard keep the laborers secured.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
Rich4god: Long time my dear sister... How are you doing...
l am doing good. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Happy sunday brethren may the joy of the Lord be our strength.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hidentity: Good evening friends. This is my first time here... So, I guess I am a fresher.
You are highly welcome dear brother, it's a pleasure having you in our midst, feel free to come around often and interact with us and may God bless you abundantly. Once again, WELCOME!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2014

Amen Amen, God bless you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
I rejoice with for an answered prayer, May the name of the Lord be praised
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thanks for this reminder, do have a blessed week

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Wish you a blessed sunday smiley
God is wonderful
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
btoks: Good morning all and wishing you a happy Sunday. Please may we continue to have our priests and bishops in our prayers as we learn that the bishop of Arundel & Brighton UK has resigned after been unfaithful to his priestly promises. We pray for strength and fortitude as they carry on their priestly vocation.
Amen and happy sunday
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
jenoncam: Wish you a blessed sunday smiley
God is wonderful
Same to you smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ubenedictus:

here we reach an understanding.

I'm sure you enjoyed stressing me.

I would have enjoyed it had you put up spirited effort. I did most of the work.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ubenedictus:

hehehe, how can you even assume to know what goes on in my head and my heart?

I believe we all read the story...the senario was set and God went up (where ever that is), to eat his popcorn and watch man fail at the simpliest of tests, he didn't intervene. He left man to use that which he had.

When i was young i thought liberty was the ability to do whatever i wanted, as i grew older i learnt that liberty is the gift God gave us which enables us to act according to reason, when we refuse to act according to true reason we are not using our liberty we are abusing it.

God wanted man to be at liberty, if he is to experience it then he should first excercise it. God left man what he already had. I wouldn't consider that to be abandonment. I would call that a chance to growth.

Besides this will be easier if the word "abandon" was defined.

'Left them to their fate without coming to their rescue'.

Allowing a child to grow-up involves allowing the child fall in the process of learning how to walk; but in a situation where the child is in danger of fallen down a flight of stairs, it would have been inappropriate to leave the child to him or herself.

Don't you think God should have come to the aid of our first parents at that critical hour of need?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pdizzle(m): 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Glory to Jesus, honour to mary
I got this thread to share, i believe in hymns they are like the second bible, most share very deep messages
https://www.nairaland.com/1923744/christ-rock
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2014
Saint Michael the Archangel,defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
Rich4god: To serve the poor is to serve Jesus... Vincent de Paul
Thanks all for following the novena...
Do have a nice day ahead...
Well done dearest. God bless you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hidentity: Good evening friends. This is my first time here... So, I guess I am a fresher.
On behalf of popeII & Council, I welcome you to this house. Feel free to make this a home for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.