Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517049 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:49am On Oct 01, 2014
MrAladin: These B^stards keeps hurting me.
They just killed A friend on Mine at Maimalari.

Please Pray for the repose soul of Trooper Dati odofodo.

All good soldiers will go to heaven!
Adieu Gallant Soldier!
Very Sorry to hear that dearest
Pls find comfort in Christ
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:50am On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan: "...Why did I not perish at birth,come forth from the womb and expire? Or why was I not buried away like an untimely birth, like babes that have never seen the light? Wherefore did the knees receive me? or why did I suck at the breasts? For then I should have lain down and been tranquil;had I slept, I should then have been at rest...." Job 3:1-3,11-17,20-23.

How many times have we felt like, "Ah, I cannot die now; God knows I am still building up this group, family, company, or... God cannot take me now; I am just entering the university and He knows papa and mama hopes on me, or... death cannot come now that I am preparing for my wedding, etc". In recent times, how many deaths around you could you say the people were ready for it, were they not people with unfinished business, unrealized dreams, unaccomplished visions? hmm...but they died all the same, and life goes on without them.

Death. The surest of all things, yet the least talked about. Why am I afraid of death, eh, why? This life where I hussle for pomo; when some others are feeding their dogs with turkey, I dreamed of studying nuclear physics; yet all i could get was industrial welding, my childhood friend is now a cardinal; yet I am still here in a local parish as a priest, From morning till night, through the year, I barely have time to say hi to my brethren in the catholic thread due to work, yet some others just have holidaying for a vocation. "How can a life be loved that is filled with so much bitterness, that is subject to so many calamities and miseries? How can it be called life when it gives birth to so many deadly and disastrous things"...Thomas a'kempis.

Why am I afraid of death? Uncertainty. What am I not certain of? That there is no heaven? No. I believe all that Jesus said. What am I not certain of then? That I will make heaven. Aha, so what am I doing about it, wishing the day never comes? Isn't that like drowning my problems in alcohol? The scripture assures us thus: “Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord henceforth.Yeah, says the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours, for their deeds follow them’” (Rev 14:13). Isn't this what I really need, after this vale of tears...a well deserved rest. Shouldn't I be ready to "die in the lord" at all times? What is it that will prevent me from dying in the lord now? Is it worth the sacrifice of my eternal rest? "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?" says St. Paul. Again I say who? A fiance/fiancee, a benefactor, a ward/child, a parent, a boy/girlfriend, are these worth the sacrifice of my eternal rest, who would go on living if i die now.

"The death of the just man is good because it brings him peace: it is better still for the new joy it gives to him, and best of all because the peace and joy that death brings are never-ending"...... St. Bernard

And I live in hope of so high a form of life, that I die because I do not die”.... St. Teresa of Avila

What will be my lot, If death comes today?

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all
Another 1000 likes
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:57am On Oct 01, 2014
babestell:
Madam Secretary.........I am in your city now o! Abeg can you hook me up an appointment to meet the pope tomorrow
Nne m you're welcome to Rome. I see someone is having a jolly filled vacation.

I've been calling since to schedule u na but your number is not going through. Did you see my missed calls shocked cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Ubenedictus:

this should be interesting...

Go on...

How did he help? What am I missing?

You are not missing too much I guess.

God did not create humans and abandon them. He blessed them immediately after creation. This is very much unlike what he did to His other creatures.

God's blessings come in the form of graces. Our first parents were given the necessary grace to act in line with whatever God may command.

The order was for them not to eat from the tree that takes one out of the state of innocence. That state before one attains the age of reasoning.

Before that humongous responsibility was given to them, God has already factored in their weaknesses and likelihood to fall, hence He blessed them before hand.

It is expected that with that blessing, keeping the 'regulation' should be a 'walk in the park'. This is similar to s parent buying a 'walker' and a 'baby chord' for his child.

Those are expected to make the child's learning experience both easier and safe. The fear of falling down a flight of stairs doesn't come in here because the environment is enabling enough for the child.

That is what God's blessing was supposed to do for our first parents. If God had done more than that, then Adam & Eve would have been mere toys or puppets.

Like you mentioned, God refused to micro manage Adam and Eve. This in itself is good because it doesn't get in the way of the learning process.

Every good parent try's hard not to stand in the way of a child and his learning. This was exactly what God did by making himself scarce on some occasions.

The question remains: Why then did he put that 'blasted' tree in there if indeed he loves us?

I have my thoughts on that but it may take us a bit off the present discourse.

In any case, the Genesis story holds so many truths that we often over look due to habit. Ever wondered why we share similar genes with apes? The answer is right there in Genesis.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2014
The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Luke 8:24

Yes! Sometimes we look around us and see what we consider dangerous, what we are scare we can't handle, what we think will devour us, what our human ability cannot handle or tame, .....

Like the disciples, we have a master who is able to calm our troubled sea, all hope is never lost...all we need to do is CALL on HIM with FAITH and watch him make things right again.

God's word said "Call me in the days of trouble and I will deliver you, and you shall give my name glory"

As we step into the new month, lay aside any weight of sorrow, cast all you burdens on Jesus he cares for us.... Live in the freedom Christ won for us....

Walk through this october devotion with a childlike confidence in Christ and our blessed mother...

Happy new month brethren, wishing us the very best. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2014
SalC: The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Luke 8:24

Yes! Sometimes we look around us and see what we consider dangerous, what we are scare we can't handle, what we think will devour us, what our human ability cannot handle or tame, .....

Like the disciples, we have a master who is able to calm our troubled sea, all hope is never lost...all we need to do is CALL on HIM with FAITH and watch him make things right again.

God's word said "Call me in the days of trouble and I will deliver you, and you shall give my name glory"

As we step into the new month, lay aside any weight of sorrow, cast all you burdens on Jesus he cares for us.... Live in the freedom Christ won for us....

Walk through this october devotion with a childlike confidence in Christ and our blessed mother...

Happy new month brethren, wishing us the very best. smiley

Amen.

The bold is true of this country Nigeria. May Our Lord Jesus come to our rescue, and may the blessed Virgin; Queen of Nigeria intercede for us. Happy Independence Day.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2014
vest: Ok I Undastd Bt Sum Times Try Jst 4 D Sake Of Those That Are Learning Xpecial The Guest,to Be Sincere I Love The Tatics U,italo,salc Nd Uben Uses In Debate.

all The Same No Problem Sha!

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Kamsified:
Another 1000 likes

Thanks ma'am Secretary. God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2014
a jahovah witnes ones said (during a debate)dat mary or jesus can nt b the queen or king of nigeria because of the coroption here! dat christ or mary can't be the king or queen of a coropt nation.

i gave a reply bt i dnt tink mine is gud enouf,i wil to c ur view on it.

by the way hapy independency 2 u al
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2014
vest: a jahovah witnes ones said (during a debate)dat mary or jesus can nt b the queen or king of nigeria because of the coroption here! dat christ or mary can't be the king or queen of a coropt nation.

I guess your friend does not have Ps 47: 7 in their bible. God is King of all the earth. Nigeria is on earth. God is King of Nigeria.

Jesus and Mary are King and Queen over all that belongs to God. It's just an acknowledgement of the obvious.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2014
I see Peppyluv02 and Jnrbayano
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan:

Amen.

The bold is true of this country Nigeria. May Our Lord Jesus come to our rescue, and may the blessed Virgin; Queen of Nigeria intercede for us. Happy Independence Day.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Amen...Same to you. ...Do have a blessed day too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:10am On Oct 01, 2014
vest: a jahovah witnes ones said (during a debate)dat mary or jesus can nt b the queen or king of nigeria because of the coroption here! dat christ or mary can't be the king or queen of a coropt nation.

One verse I remember is " the earth and everything in it belongs to the Lord" Ps 24:1

As far as Nigeria is on earth, whether corrupt or not, Christ remains the King and wherever He is King,Mary is the Queen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan:

I guess your friend does not have Ps 47: 7 in their bible. God is King of all the earth. Nigeria is on earth. God is King of Nigeria.

Jesus and Mary are King and Queen over all that belongs to God. It's just an acknowledgement of the obvious.
chai! am so ashamed of my self for nt remembering this verse

al the same tank u very much!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan:

chai! am so ashamed of my self for nt remembering this verse

al the same tank u very much!
tank God for nairaland
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Kamsified:
Nne m you're welcome to Rome. I see someone is having a jolly filled vacation.

I've been calling since to schedule u na but your number is not going through. Did you see my missed calls shocked cool

Don't worry. I got in.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE from Pope Francis the first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan: I see Peppyluv02 and Jnrbayano

You saw well bro Syncan.

Top of the morning greetings to you and happy new month and independence celebrations.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
babestell:

Don't worry. I got in.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE from Pope Francis the first

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Welcome to the month of october, A month of devotion to Mary. Oh, that this month, you will bring to Mary your hearts and be of good cheer. Please share this and remain blessed.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy new month to everyone... May our Mother Mary continue to intercede for us in all our prayers...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dyla, Sentempest, Asabeq, MzflexyDeeva, Richieboyn, bluerange, KingMEXX, languageso, try69, HurricaneChris, iykmon, geni, Cocoberry, Striktlymi, Coldblooded, Ikegift4real, PrettySpicey, Softsparkyy, Frankysnow, Nnekamezor, Shine96, Zikangee, Promking, Fidinwala, Chidikus, Leon12, Unongu, leonshom, Hernyolar, Firearm, MarvellousGod, Xynerise, tonaydo, Ikaboy, Jraph, Gregdcutie, Tyina27, gboru, JohnsonEmma, Arookigbo, tobicool, Deogratias1, Oshiano, Lynpetra, Syncan, italo, Ubenedictus, debbie, Kamsified, MariaGorreti, Chikk, Ify124, babestell, Jnrbayano, KiddaBlingzz, FrancisTony, damerry, Vest, btoks, StObaino, Jaywizee, Frankben, Penny01502, Piro4rl, Othenok, LordOrochimaru, BonnyDominic, ronz, Rufex07, Trendytessy, Amannda2013, Modestdude, BuBBLE, MOBJECTIVE, ChineloSA, Missonas, Agimor, Willy07, Kizmarty, tricycle, Stunningjudy, Maureenah, Rochiq, Rich4god, Woky, POPEII, Cyphercypher, engrtee, Chukwudi44, Peppyluve02, Jenoncam, MrAladin, Hidentity, Burmak, Lordnammy, titoetal, Nomski0, wondda26, Davikk01, Livebullet, Polkabluedot, Tuneller, exxell, Clemigho, Lovethywilbedon, Macelliot, Frodobee, Chidima, Mum4all, Pdizzle

Today being the first day of October and the commencement of the annual october devotion, it will be nice to carry everyone along in this year's devotion.

This is how it's going to be ......

1) You indicate you interest to be part of it.

2) You get any number ranging from 2-30

3) The number given to you represents the day the brethren will pray for you and any special intention (if you give us any)

4) Assuming your number is 15, it means we will pray for you on the 15th of Oct, and depending on the number of those who showed interest, we may have to pray for more than one person on thesame date.

5). Everyday, we announce the names of those to be prayed for.

6)On the day you will be prayed for, you can come around and say a thing or two and drop any special intention you want us to pray for (if any)

7) Everyone in the house has a duty of praying for those whose names were announced for the day,

The prayers, could be, novena, rosary, visitation to the blessed sacrament, mass, etc
8 Today being 1st, we will pray for the Pope's intention while on the 31st we pray for our country Nigeria.

God bless you as you Join us to pray or be prayed for

GLORY TO JESUS......

Please forgive me if your name was omitted, you are still very eligible to be part of this.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks SalC. I am interested, but if you wouldn't mind, as first to comment, could you book me for the 27th?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
You bet I am gonna be interested.

This is lovely SalC

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan: Thanks SalC. I am interested, but if you wouldn't mind, as first to comment, could you book me for the 27th?
Alright request granted! smiley

Bro Syncan for 27th Oct.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
jnrbayano: You bet I am gonna be interested.

This is lovely SalC

I know you'll be interested, anywhere better dey you appear. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan:

I know you'll be interested, anywhere better dey you appear. grin

cheesy wink

I can't pass up this wonderul opportunity na. Brethren collaborative prayer? smiley

No way I am gonna miss it. Eluigwe ga-agbadata that day.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
jnrbayano: You bet I am gonna be interested.

This is lovely SalC
Thanks

8th. Oct for you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
jnrbayano:

cheesy wink

I can't pass up this wonderul opportunity na. Brethren collaborative prayer? smiley

No way I am gonna miss it. Eluigwe ga-agbadata that day.

smiley

8th October I hear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
SalC: Thanks

8th. Oct for you.

Sealed and delivered...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Syncan:

8th October I hear.

8th October it is...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thank u my sister,sorry I hv bn busy with alot of things! I am VERY MUCH interested.I will like to pick the 13th of this month! I hv some intentions I will also make known to you all that day.Otito Diri Jesu.............
SalC: Alright request granted! smiley

Bro Syncan for 27th Oct.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ah lest I forget o, Am interested too. 23rd Oct for me smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.