Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519490 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
btoks: Good morning all and wishing you a happy Sunday. Please may we continue to have our priests and bishops in our prayers as we learn that the bishop of Arundel & Brighton UK has resigned after been unfaithful to his priestly promises. We pray for strength and fortitude as they carry on their priestly vocation.
Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
babestell: Hi everyone.

This weekend I was opportuned to witness the universality of our faith at Lourdes. In the evening by 9pm, people of all nations would gather in honour of Our Lady to pray rhe rosary in procession. The decades are said in different languages but you respond in yours. So many people, One faith

I am so proud to be Catholic.

Also there is a candle burning at Lourdes for the intentions of all who have ever posted or read this thread. May the good Lord answer our prayer. Immaculate Conception pray for us
This is Awesome nne & Thanks for candles
Amen to the prayers
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
IFY124: Happy sunday friends. Happy new week too kiss . October is at the corner. Are we ready for october devotion?
Ify how how have you been? Happy new week to you too
By his grace,I will

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
titoetal:

Wishing all a happy Sunday, blessed week and a fruitful October in advance.
Same to you bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
jenoncam: Wish you a blessed sunday smiley
God is wonderful
You're Welcome to the house dear one
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
Syncan: Saint Michael the Archangel,defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Amen. I greet u sir
Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kamsified:
Ify how how have you been? Happy new week to you too
By his grace,I will
I am fine sis. Thank you. Good to know u will. The rosary is a powerful weapon.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Syncan: Saint Michael the Archangel,defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Happy feast of SS Micheal, Gabriel and Raphael; the archangels
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kamsified:
Same to you bro

Thanks dear. Be strong and keep living the faith.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kamsified:
Amen. I greet u sir

Adanne, I greet you too.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
IFY124: Happy feast of SS Micheal, Gabriel and Raphael; the archangels

Same to you Sis, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
These B^stards keeps hurting me.
They just killed A friend on Mine at Maimalari.

Please Pray for the repose soul of Trooper Dati odofodo.

All good soldiers will go to heaven!
Adieu Gallant Soldier!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
MrAladin: These B^stards keeps hurting me.

Adieu Gallant Soldier!
May his soul RIP... We pray for God's protection and upon all the NA at the front of this fight... May God grant them victory over our enemies...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
MrAladin: These terrorists keeps hurting me.

Adieu Gallant Soldier!

Fixed.

May his soul and the souls of the faithful departed; through the mercy of God rest in peace
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2014
"...Why did I not perish at birth,come forth from the womb and expire? Or why was I not buried away like an untimely birth, like babes that have never seen the light? Wherefore did the knees receive me? or why did I suck at the breasts? For then I should have lain down and been tranquil;had I slept, I should then have been at rest...." Job 3:1-3,11-17,20-23.

How many times have we felt like, "Ah, I cannot die now; God knows I am still building up this group, family, company, or... God cannot take me now; I am just entering the university and He knows papa and mama hopes on me, or... death cannot come now that I am preparing for my wedding, etc". In recent times, how many deaths around you could you say the people were ready for it, were they not people with unfinished business, unrealized dreams, unaccomplished visions? hmm...but they died all the same, and life goes on without them.

Death. The surest of all things, yet the least talked about. Why am I afraid of death, eh, why? This life where I hussle for pomo; when some others are feeding their dogs with turkey, I dreamed of studying nuclear physics; yet all i could get was industrial welding, my childhood friend is now a cardinal; yet I am still here in a local parish as a priest, From morning till night, through the year, I barely have time to say hi to my brethren in the catholic thread due to work, yet some others just have holidaying for a vocation. "How can a life be loved that is filled with so much bitterness, that is subject to so many calamities and miseries? How can it be called life when it gives birth to so many deadly and disastrous things"...Thomas a'kempis.

Why am I afraid of death? Uncertainty. What am I not certain of? That there is no heaven? No. I believe all that Jesus said. What am I not certain of then? That I will make heaven. Aha, so what am I doing about it, wishing the day never comes? Isn't that like drowning my problems in alcohol? The scripture assures us thus: “Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord henceforth.Yeah, says the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours, for their deeds follow them’” (Rev 14:13). Isn't this what I really need, after this vale of tears...a well deserved rest. Shouldn't I be ready to "die in the lord" at all times? What is it that will prevent me from dying in the lord now? Is it worth the sacrifice of my eternal rest? "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?" says St. Paul. Again I say who? A fiance/fiancee, a benefactor, a ward/child, a parent, a boy/girlfriend, are these worth the sacrifice of my eternal rest, who would go on living if i die now.

"The death of the just man is good because it brings him peace: it is better still for the new joy it gives to him, and best of all because the peace and joy that death brings are never-ending"...... St. Bernard

And I live in hope of so high a form of life, that I die because I do not die”.... St. Teresa of Avila

What will be my lot, If death comes today?

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 8:23am On Sep 30, 2014
[quote author=Syncan]"...Why did I not perish at birth,come forth from the womb and expire? Or why was I not buried away like an untimely birth, like babes that have never seen the light? Wherefore did the knees receive me? or why did I suck at the breasts? For then I should have lain down and been tranquil;had I slept, I should then have been at rest...." Job 3:1-3,11-17,20-23.

How many times have we felt like, "Ah, I cannot die now; God knows I am still building up this group, family, company, or... God cannot take me now; I am just entering the university and He knows papa and mama hopes on me, or... death cannot come now that I am preparing for my wedding, etc". In recent times, how many deaths around you could you say the people were ready for it, were they not people with unfinished business, unrealized dreams, unaccomplished visions? hmm...but they died all the same, and life goes on without them.

Hmm! I Love Dis! Gud Mawnin Nd Wishn U A Splendid Day.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2014
vest: Hmm! I Love Dis! Gud Mawnin Nd Wishn U A Splendid Day

Thanks bro, God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

Thanks bro, God bless you.
U Ar Welcum Dear!

Lately I Hardly C U In Any Religious Debate Any Reason?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi:

'Left them to their fate without coming to their rescue'.

Allowing a child to grow-up involves allowing the child fall in the process of learning how to walk; but in a situation where the child is in danger of fallen down a flight of stairs, it would have been inappropriate to leave the child to him or herself.

Don't you think God should have come to the aid of our first parents at that critical hour of need?

not really,

man had to fall, for him to learn to walk. Man must chose what master he wants. He knew about the fall and he had a solution in hand.

Their fate was salvation through Jesus Christ. Though now it will be all different.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

You are right sis, especially to anyone who the words below speaks to:

"...The road from light into darkness begins slowly. It is like a twilight. The person still believes, still practices their faith, but in certain areas of life they begin to leave God’s law behind. Attractions grow that were never tolerated before. Religious practices become secondary and routine. The flower is cut off from its deep roots of faith and no longer draws nourishment from the soil.

The person can no longer fight the culture and soon becomes one with it. The joys found in religious practices fade and the heart is consumed with worldly goals. The soul becomes powerless in the face of temptations and more and more succumbs to a lifestyle that it would previously have rejected.

The soul has not yet fallen into darkness but it skirts the edges, stumbles often, rises slowly and is greatly weakened while Satan waits for his moment, ready to claim a soul that had lived in the light...".

who did you just quote?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan: "...Why did I not perish at birth,come forth from the womb and expire? Or why was I not buried away like an untimely birth, like babes that have never seen the light? Wherefore did the knees receive me? or why did I suck at the breasts? For then I should have lain down and been tranquil;had I slept, I should then have been at rest...." Job 3:1-3,11-17,20-23.

Death. The surest of all things, yet the least talked about. Why am I afraid of death, eh, why? This life where I hussle for pomo; when some others are feeding their dogs with turkey, I dreamed of studying nuclear physics; yet all i could get was industrial welding, my childhood friend is now a cardinal; yet I am still here in a local parish as a priest, From morning till night, through the year, I barely have time to say hi to my brethren in the catholic thread due to work, yet some others just have holidaying for a vocation. "How can a life be loved that is filled with so much bitterness, that is subject to so many calamities and miseries? How can it be called life when it gives birth to so many deadly and disastrous things"...Thomas a'kempis.

Why am I afraid of death? Uncertainty. What am I not certain of? That there is no heaven? No. I believe all that Jesus said. What am I not certain of then? That I will make heaven. Aha, so what am I doing about it, wishing the day never comes? Isn't that like drowning my problems in alcohol? The scripture assures us thus: “Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord henceforth.Yeah, says the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours, for their deeds follow them’” (Rev 14:13). Isn't this what I really need, after this vale of tears...a well deserved rest. Shouldn't I be ready to "die in the lord" at all times? What is it that will prevent me from dying in the lord now? Is it worth the sacrifice of my eternal rest? "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?" says St. Paul. Again I say who? A fiance/fiancee, a benefactor, a ward/child, a parent, a boy/girlfriend, are these worth the sacrifice of my eternal rest, who would go on living if i die now.

"The death of the just man is good because it brings him peace: it is better still for the new joy it gives to him, and best of all because the peace and joy that death brings are never-ending"...... St. Bernard

And I live in hope of so high a form of life, that I die because I do not die”.... St. Teresa of Avila

What will be my lot, If death comes today?

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all

1000 like.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:14am On Sep 30, 2014
vest: U Ar Welcum Dear!

Lately I Hardly C U In Any Religious Debate Any Reason?

Dear bro,Isn't that obvious? In this life, some cannot do what they desire, at the time they desire, for one reason or the other. One is just a slave to his circumstance. Still on the matter bro, still on the matter of here is no home. More so, sometimes...just like striktlymi would say, if i am inspired i will comment.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2014
Ubenedictus:

who did you just quote?

Anonymous fits for now. Do you disagree with it?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2014
Ubenedictus:

1000 like.

Thanks Uben. To God be the glory.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44am On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

Anonymous fits for now. Do you disagree with it?

it is actually a good quote, almost sounds familiar.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Syncan:

Dear bro,Isn't that obvious? In this life, some cannot do what they desire, at the time they desire, for one reason or the other. One is just a slave to his circumstance. Still on the matter bro, still on the matter of here is no home. More so, sometimes...just like striktlymi would say, if i am inspired i will comment.
Ok I Undastd Bt Sum Times Try Jst 4 D Sake Of Those That Are Learning Xpecial The Guest,to Be Sincere I Love The Tatics U,italo,salc Nd Uben Uses In Debate.

all The Same No Problem Sha!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
Kamsified:
This is Awesome nne & Thanks for candles
Amen to the prayers
Madam Secretary.........I am in your city now o! Abeg can you hook me up an appointment to meet the pope tomorrow
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pdizzle(m): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ubenedictus:

not really,

man had to fall, for him to learn to walk. Man must chose what master he wants. He knew about the fall and he had a solution in hand.

Their fate was salvation through Jesus Christ. Though now it will be all different.

Hmmm...

I think God did help them.

I think there is more to the Genesis story than meets the eyes.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

I think God did help them.

I think there is more to the Genesis story than meets the eyes.

this should be interesting...

Go on...

How did he help? What am I missing?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
striktlymi:

I would have enjoyed it had you put up spirited effort. I did most of the work.

hehehe,

i didn't need to be spirited, you seemed just fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.