Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518957 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:
my dearest friend how r u and how have u. Been?? Wats been happening & wat did I miss? Fill me in so I can flow
I've missed you dear. I've bn fine o but I will fill you in only on one condition: if you promise that you're back for good and won't disappear again tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:
yes oooo! Permanent tinz only....... how r u
Ikve not seen salc yet ooooo

Yesooo, so will be your stay here ooo. I'm fine. SalC was on Front Page yesterday, hip hip hip grin grin. She may just have been a little busy with praying for the Holy souls yesterday, maybe tired this morning from the exercise.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kamsified:

I've missed you dear. I've bn fine o but I will fill you in only on one condition: if you promise that you're back for good and won't disappear again tongue
I promise ooo! Will just be a bit off during d day cos of work and also cos my office lacks network but on d average i'm giving up my. Vanishing talent grin so wat did I miss?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:
I promise ooo! Will just be a bit off during d day cos of work and also cos my office lacks network but on d average i'm giving up my. Vanishing talent grin so wat did I miss?
so many things...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ubenedictus:

it seems i didn't see this yesterday....

Something tells me that if i were at that wedding and was actually looking at your big head on the said day, i wouldn't say "hi i'm ubenedictus". Been anonymous is one of the things i enjoy about nairaland.

grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
striktlymi:

grin

why you dey shine your big white teeth?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:

syncan and salc are married to each other but they keep denying it because salc wants to keep sowing her wild oats.

striklymi drives like idiot no 1
Kamsified and rich4god are hugging non Christian hug
Italo is seeing visions in church
Ubenedictus wants to be anonymous but doesn't mind putting his picture up as dp. He is alao dodging answering how many kids strik shld have
I have greedy prayer points

what did I forget
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
babestell:

syncan and salc are married to each other but they keep denying it because salc wants to keep sowing her wild oats.

Ubenedictus wants to be anonymous but doesn't mind putting his picture up as dp. He is alao dodging answering how many kids strik shld have

what did I forget
lol... I think you forgot the person who Italo is seeing in his vision
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ubenedictus:

when i said i would discuss this yesterday i forgot it was all saints day, my day only opened up this night.

First there is no text book answers to your question, these are topics that I expect catholic couples to excercise a well informed conscience.

There is a point in natural law from which the church always operate from, i.e marriage is naturally order for procreation and the continued existence of our species. Scriptures put a premuim on having kids that "full the quiver". It is with this in mind that there is a promise in wedding ceremonies that say "i will accept all the children that God sends me", (that is a carefully crafted statement).

Then there is the reality on ground, several factors have to be considered, like the financial angle, mental angle, the physical angle, the emotional angle.... Then there is such a thing in catholicism as "Responsible parenthood". It is unwise to give birth to all possible kids one can bear, instead the couples must take into consideration the reality on ground an make a decision on how many kids they can bear and cater for.

Personally i think the churches teaching on this is wise, let each man and woman decide for themselves the number of kids they can bear and cater for. Personally i think your friend may have a good point, the mental picture i have of you seems to say you should be able to cater adequately for more than two kids (supposing your patner is as fit as a fiddle), your china's-one-child-family plan runs the risk of been looked at as been closed to life and probably more interested in looking at children as burdens.

I may be wrong in accessing you, but this issue is principally for the couples in question, there are many couples among whom i live who i think should have only 2 kids(personal opinion), there are others who have 5-6 kids who i believe got their stuff right. I also know a family with 11 kids all of whom i am happy to know. If your friend has a wife who shares his vision for children and she is mentally, physically and emotionally fit for that many (with maybe some cousins and grand parents to help out) and is financially stable with income that is able to take care adequately of those kids then i say Goodluck to him...big families can be a blessing.

There is only a right way to look at this there is no right answer and i do not discuss my opinion on the number of kids with couples i know. That is a decision for them to make.

It does seem selfish to settle for one or two kids when one can afford to take care of at least three but experience has shown that it is relatively easier to cater for the needs of a small family than a large one.

The needs of children go beyond our material existence but the material is very important because sometimes it affects the spiritual if it is not properly managed.

I have this friend who earns a bit over 140k. Ordinarily this should be enough to have a nice family of four (to include two children) if he had thought about planning ahead for his family before he even got married.

A proper plan should include opening an account for his children and setting aside an amount every month for them while he is still a bachelor.

This buffer savings would have effectively sought out some material needs of the children when they start coming hence enabling him to focus more on their mental and spiritual development.

This he did not do, like very many Nigerians. Despite the lack of proper planning, he went ahead to have 3 children. The cost of school fees alone for one child is enough to make any low income eaner think himself to death.

In such situation, I guess your opinion may be that the dude stop at 3 and device a strategy to meet the needs of the children.

In a case where the individual can watch out for the material needs of more than two children but decides to stick to two in order to cater, adequately for their mental and spiritual upbringing; would you consider this selfish and wrong?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:10am On Nov 04, 2014
Rich4god:
so many things...
sounds like i'm seeing things grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:15am On Nov 04, 2014
babestell:

what did I forget
okokobioko!!! Men see gist everywhere. Hmmmmmm! Wat of pope? Is he on leave?? Well well well I guess I won't wanna be left out again. So who is gonna be my spiritual director & follow up leader?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:16am On Nov 04, 2014
Rich4god:
hahahhahahahahahahhahahhaha
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:10am On Nov 04, 2014
babestell:

what did I forget

Lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy. O no n'ulo mara ihe zuru n'ahia. Fake news carrier.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2014
Rich4god:

Can you imagine, something of such magnitude? cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:17am On Nov 04, 2014
In the light of the grace I have received I want to urge each one among you not to exaggerate his real importance. Each of you must judge himself soberly by the standard of the faith God has given him. Just as each of our bodies has several parts and each part has a separate function, so all of us, in union with Christ, form one body, and as parts of it we belong to each other. Our gifts differ according to the grace given us. If your gift is prophecy, then use it as your faith suggests; if administration, then use it for administration; if teaching, then use it for teaching. Let the preachers deliver sermons, the almsgivers give freely, the officials be diligent, and those who do works of mercy do them cheerfully.
Do not let your love be a pretence, but sincerely prefer good to evil. Love each other as much as brothers should, and have a profound respect for each other. Work for the Lord with untiring effort and with great earnestness of spirit. If you have hope, this will make you cheerful. Do not give up if trials come; and keep on praying. If any of the saints are in need you must share with them; and you should make hospitality your special care.----Romans 12:3-13

hmm...today's first reading, what else can i say... just thought of sharing.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2014
Syncan:

Lol, cheesy cheesy cheesy. O no n'ulo mara ihe zuru n'ahia. Fake news carrier.

angry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:21am On Nov 04, 2014
babestell:

angry

If you knew how many people you sent to Ubenedictus profile....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2014
Syncan:
If your gift is prophecy, then use it as your faith suggests; if administration, then use it for administration; if teaching, then use it for teaching. Let the preachers deliver sermons, the almsgivers give freely, the officials be diligent, and those who do works of mercy do them cheerfully.

Let the news casters say news and bring people up to speed. grin grin grin grin

Seriously this verse is very useful, sometimes we spend our energy trying to be like others forgetting that we can make an impact in our own way. Sometimes I wish I could type and talk with the eloquence of some peeps on this thread but I have realized it isn't my talent nor my calling nor my gift. People like me stay in the background fanning the warriors and providing them lucozade boost!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:25am On Nov 04, 2014
Syncan:

Oops!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:31am On Nov 04, 2014
babestell:

Seriously this verse is very useful, sometimes we spend our energy trying to be like others forgetting that we can make an impact in our own way. Sometimes I wish I could type and talk with the eloquence of some peeps on this thread but I have realized it isn't my talent nor my calling nor my gift. People like me stay in the background fanning the warriors and providing them lucozade boost!!!

You are so on point @ "spending energy trying to be like others", one could easily get frustrated and often times envious. No one has nothing to offer, even out there they always say "be yourself" for even the world has realized that God has given everyone something. As per your identification of your role, just include lighting the fire for bed time stories. cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:48am On Nov 04, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:
okokobioko!!! Men see gist everywhere. Hmmmmmm! Wat of pope? Is he on leave?? Well well well I guess I won't wanna be left out again. So who is gonna be my spiritual director & follow up leader?

Seeing that you were specific about a director and not directress...though I wonder why...I am inclined to look towards Jnrbayano.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2014
babestell:

hahahahhahahhaahhahahah! Wat a lukozadish talent u have. Thank God for providing u wit d financialability to buy fan and lucozade grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:17am On Nov 04, 2014
Syncan:

Seeing that you were specific about a director and not directress...though I wonder why...I am inclined to look towards Jnrbayano.

grin grin grin

Don't be inclined yet until you clear your wonderment

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:36am On Nov 04, 2014
striktlymi:

It does seem selfish to settle for one or two kids when one can afford to take care of at least three but experience has shown that it is relatively easier to cater for the needs of a small family than a large one.

The needs of children go beyond our material existence but the material is very important because sometimes it affects the spiritual if it is not properly managed.

I have this friend who earns a bit over 140k. Ordinarily this should be enough to have a nice family of four (to include two children) if he had thought about planning ahead for his family before he even got married.

A proper plan should include opening an account for his children and setting aside an amount every month for them while he is still a bachelor.

This buffer savings would have effectively sought out some material needs of the children when they start coming hence enabling him to focus more on their mental and spiritual development.

This he did not do, like very many Nigerians. Despite the lack of proper planning, he went ahead to have 3 children. The cost of school fees alone for one child is enough to make any low income eaner think himself to death.

In such situation, I guess your opinion may be that the dude stop at 3 and device a strategy to meet the needs of the children.

In a case where the individual can watch out for the material needs of more than two children but decides to stick to two in order to cater, adequately for their mental and spiritual upbringing; would you consider this selfish and wrong?

i would consider it "responsible parenthood". I can't sit as judge on another mans conscience, all i can do is inform him about a few principle that shouls inform it and help him with his decision.

The decision on how many kids to have and how many one can cater for still lies with the couple and the cost of taking care of kids is pretty high in an urban enviroment.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2014
Syncan:

I am just coming from my profile, i wanted to see the apparation only to remember that babestell is radio Katangua alway broadcasting fake news.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:38am On Nov 04, 2014
Ubenedictus:

I am just coming from my profile, i wanted to see the apparation only to remember that babestell is radio Katangua alway broadcasting fake news.
lol... One day una go make me fall from mtn tower...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2014
Syncan:

i actually visited his profile... Hoping to see some one with mitre on his head and chasuble covering his body...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:
Just tell kamsy, she will do the needful...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Rich4god:
Just tell kamsy, she will do the needful...
okay den
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
jnrbayano:

grin grin grin

Don't be inclined yet until you clear your wonderment

cheesy cheesy cheesy
hmmmmmmm
Re: A Thread For Catholics by PriceOfGarri(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
good people cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by PriceOfGarri(m): 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
e be like say i have missed alot sad sad

i need to renew my vows grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.